PDA

View Full Version : tPF Damnit, he's saying all the right things....

OGIS
10-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday announced a plan to reform the veterans health system at a rally in Norfolk, Va.

“We’re going to take care of those wounded warriors and we’re going to take care of our vets better than anybody."he said, speaking in front the USS Wisconsin — the same spot where now-Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was formally introduced as Mitt Romney’s running mate in 2012.

Trump promised that in his administration, veterans would receive better healthcare more quickly.

"The plan will ensure our veterans get the care they need, wherever and whenever they need it," he said.

Trump said that he would institute policies that would see Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities competing with non-VA hospitals. He said that under his plan, any veteran could go to a doctor that accepts Medicare and receive care.

In a winding indictment of the VA system, he targeted Veterans Health Administration hospitals that came under fire in the last year for keeping long wait lists of veterans who needed crucial care.

“Think about me going to my doctor’s office and waiting four days,” he said. "If I wait 15 minutes, I’m angry as hell at the doctor.”

Trump said the VA system needed to be maintained but reformed.

“I don’t want to get rid of it, I want to supplement it," he said.

He promised to fire "the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down" and update the VA's policies to meet the needs of the younger veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The fact that many VA hospitals don’t permanently staff OB-GYN doctors shows an utter lack of respect for the growing number of female veterans,” Trump said, pledging that under his leadership, every VA hospital would have doctors specializing in women's health.

more at:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/258755-trump-lays-out-plan-to-reform-veterans-affairs

If Trump keeps talking sense like this - and making specific proposals like this - he will be our next President.

pragmatic
10-31-2015, 01:57 PM
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Saturday announced a plan to reform the veterans health system at a rally in Norfolk, Va.

“We’re going to take care of those wounded warriors and we’re going to take care of our vets better than anybody."he said, speaking in front the USS Wisconsin — the same spot where now-Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was formally introduced as Mitt Romney’s running mate in 2012.

Trump promised that in his administration, veterans would receive better healthcare more quickly.

"The plan will ensure our veterans get the care they need, wherever and whenever they need it," he said.

Trump said that he would institute policies that would see Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities competing with non-VA hospitals. He said that under his plan, any veteran could go to a doctor that accepts Medicare and receive care.

In a winding indictment of the VA system, he targeted Veterans Health Administration hospitals that came under fire in the last year for keeping long wait lists of veterans who needed crucial care.

“Think about me going to my doctor’s office and waiting four days,” he said. "If I wait 15 minutes, I’m angry as hell at the doctor.”

Trump said the VA system needed to be maintained but reformed.

“I don’t want to get rid of it, I want to supplement it," he said.

He promised to fire "the corrupt and incompetent VA executives who let our veterans down" and update the VA's policies to meet the needs of the younger veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"The fact that many VA hospitals don’t permanently staff OB-GYN doctors shows an utter lack of respect for the growing number of female veterans,” Trump said, pledging that under his leadership, every VA hospital would have doctors specializing in women's health.

more at:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/258755-trump-lays-out-plan-to-reform-veterans-affairs

If Trump keeps talking sense like this - and making specific proposals like this - he will be our next President.

No. He won't.

Thankfully.

OGIS
10-31-2015, 02:28 PM
No. He won't.

Thankfully.

Well, he just got the Veteran vote.

Peter1469
10-31-2015, 04:02 PM
Americans ought to remember their civics lessons. The president presides over the executive branch. The executive executes laws, it does not pass laws.

Public schools again....

Candidates for president should say that they will advocate for this and that position. Not if you elect me this will happen, no shit.