PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Ben Carson, Black Conservative

Pages : [1] 2

Chris
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Hypocrisy of liberals.

Ben Carson, Black Conservative (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/10/31/ben_carson_black_conservative_128612.html)

...But what’s remarkable is that at no point in this conversation did anyone call attention to the fact that Carson is an African-American. Indeed, most analysis of Carson’s popularity from pundits focuses on his likable personality and his sincere Christian faith. But it’s intriguingly rare to hear people talk about the fact that he’s black.

One could argue that he’s even more authentically African-American than Barack Obama, given that Obama’s mother was white and he was raised in part by his white grandparents. In his autobiography, Obama writes at length about how he grew up outside the traditional African-American experience — in Hawaii and Indonesia — and how he consciously chose to adopt a black identity when he was in college.

Meanwhile, Carson grew up in Detroit, the son of a very poor, very hard-working single mother. His tale of rising from poverty to become the head of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital is one of the most inspiring rags-to-riches stories of the last half-century. (Cuba Gooding Jr. played Carson in the movie about his life.) He was a towering figure in the black community in Baltimore and nationally — at least, until he became a Republican politician.

And that probably explains why his race seems to be such a non-issue for the media. The New York Times is even reluctant to refer to him as a doctor. The Federalist reports that Jill Biden, who has a doctorate in education, is three times more likely to be referred to as “Dr.” in the Times as brain surgeon Carson. If the Times did that to a black Democrat, charges of racism would be thick in the air....

Safety
11-02-2015, 12:27 PM
Well, Fox's CEO did say he was a "real" black. Let's see if the left will have someone like Mac that will call him the "black fuhrer" constantly.

If Clinton or Fiorina wins, they will be the first woman president, I doubt if the next woman after them will be heralded as being a woman in the press.

Chris
11-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Well, Fox's CEO did say he was a "real" black. Let's see if the left will have someone like Mac that will call him the "black fuhrer" constantly.

If Clinton or Fiorina wins, they will be the first woman president, I doubt if the next woman after them will be heralded as being a woman in the press.

He's have to win the presidency to become the next black fuhrer, lol.

Still, the liberal media does downplay his race and profession--and his successful career.

Mac-7
11-02-2015, 12:38 PM

What do you think?

If you belive I'm a racist who hates black people then your answer is probably yes.

But other than skin color carson is totally different from obumer

Safety
11-02-2015, 12:42 PM

Still, the liberal media does downplay his race and profession--and his successful career.

That is true, however, the rhetoric the right used at this stage in the elections does not hold a candle to what the press is saying, or not saying about Dr. Carson.

Chris
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
That is true, however, the rhetoric the right used at this stage in the elections does not hold a candle to what the press is saying, or not saying about Dr. Carson.

The rhetoric of the right is for Obama is similar to rhetoric of the left for Bush:

http://i.snag.gy/ec0Fy.jpg

SO you think the media treatment of Carson is just fine?

Safety
11-02-2015, 12:57 PM
The rhetoric of the right is for Obama is similar to rhetoric of the left for Bush:

Ah, but your OP was about Carson being slighted because there is no hype about him being black; Actually, Carson is not being criticized for being black, yet the right is wanting to herald that fact. Obama was heralded and criticized for being black, Bush was not heralded or criticized for being white.

So, it just doesn't seem "liberals" are the main culprit in hypocrisy. Hence the reason I said "partisanship"

Matty
11-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Are they treating him any differently than they did Hermain Cain or Allen West?

Mark III
11-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Ben Carson is one of the most unqualified people to ever run for President of the United States.

Mark III
11-02-2015, 01:14 PM

I have ZERO fear of Carson being elected president. He has no chance. He has no chance of winning the GOP nomination. The Republican Party does not have a death wish, and nominating Carson would be suicidal for the party.

You can count on one finger the number of prominent US politicians and other GOP public figures who have endorsed Carson for president. There aren't any. He is no more qualified to be president than Herman Cain was. This will be entirely clear before long. (It already is, but the media has left him alone up til now.)

hanger4
11-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I have ZERO fear of Carson being elected president. He has no chance. He has no chance of winning the GOP nomination. The Republican Party does not have a death wish, and nominating Carson would be suicidal for the party.

You can count on one finger the number of prominent US politicians and other GOP public figures who have endorsed Carson for president. There aren't any. He is no more qualified to be president than Herman Cain was. This will be entirely clear before long. (It already is, but the media has left him alone up til now.)

"I have ZERO fear of Carson being elected president. He has no chance." ...... Then why do you post Carson hit pieces ??

Common
11-02-2015, 01:38 PM

They are starting to come after him more of late, not by race but by positions

nathanbforrest45
11-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Ben Carson is one of the most unqualified people to ever run for President of the United States.

Would you mind gracing us with your superior intelligence and list specifically what are the qualifications to be president of the United States. The Constitution is somewhat vague on those points, only requiring they be a natural born citizen over the age of 35.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 01:47 PM
"I have ZERO fear of Carson being elected president. He has no chance." ...... Then why do you post Carson hit pieces ??
The same reason anything at all is posted. Its a forum. Its what is expected.

hanger4
11-02-2015, 01:53 PM
The same reason anything at all is posted. Its a forum. Its what is expected.
You're right silvereyes, there are quite a few on all forums that say one thing amd do another.

Common Sense
11-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Wait, Ben Carson is black?

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Who did that? Do you ask everyone why they post everything? Telling.

Safety
Would you mind gracing us with your superior intelligence and list specifically what are the qualifications to be president of the United States. The Constitution is somewhat vague on those points, only requiring they be a natural born citizen over the age of 35.

So, the hundreds, if not thousands, of posts crying about why Obama was unqualified is bullshit?

silvereyes
Wait, Ben Carson is black?

Shhhhh, its a secret.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 01:56 PM
So, the hundreds, if not thousands, of posts crying about why Obama was unqualified is bullshit?

Nah, he deserved it, dincha know?

Chris
11-02-2015, 01:58 PM
One point ought to be clear from this and that's that, generally speaking, the right who seems to love Carson who's black didn't hate Obama because he's black.

Safety
11-02-2015, 02:03 PM
Nah, he deserved it, dincha know?

ssdd

Matty
11-02-2015, 02:05 PM
One point ought to be clear from this and that's that, generally speaking, the right who seems to love Carson who's black didn't hate Obama because he's black.

Yet the accusations from the left persist to this day.

Mark III
11-02-2015, 02:09 PM
You're right silvereyes, there are quite a few on all forums that say one thing amd do another.

Hanger4 - there are barely competent people on many forums too, who give themselves unearned credit.

Ben Carson is one of the leaders for the GOP presidential nomination , that makes him news on a daily basis at this point.

What do we know about Carson ? He is a renowned surgeon, has never been elected to any office, knows little about US foreign policy on either a historical or present day basis, knows little about domestic issues on a historical or present day basis, appears to be semi-mumbling when he speaks, has no charisma in any previously known political sense, is the darling of end-timers, evangelicals, and Christian owned and operated pyramid schemes.

What we don't know is why he thinks this qualifies him to be president of the United States. He has said he ran because 150,000 people sent him messages asking him to. I'll bet 150,000 people have asked Kim Kardashian to run for president. Should she get in ?

Safety
11-02-2015, 02:10 PM

There are different levels to racism. It's not an "on or off" switch. Some are able to look past his skin color, if he says the right thing. Some democrats don't like blacks, so they either didn't vote, or held their nose and pulled the lever. Obama had two strikes already with the right, he was black AND he didn't say the right things.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Yet the accusations from the left persist to this day.

due to denials. Duh.

hanger4
11-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Hanger4 - there are barely competent people on many forums too, who give themselves unearned credit.

Ben Carson is one of the leaders for the GOP presidential nomination , that makes him news on a daily basis at this point.

What do we know about Carson ? He is a renowned surgeon, has never been elected to any office, knows little about US foreign policy on either a historical or present day basis, knows little about domestic issues on a historical or present day basis, appears to be semi-mumbling when he speaks, has no charisma in any previously known political sense, is the darling of end-timers, evangelicals, and Christian owned and operated pyramid schemes.

What we don't know is why he thinks this qualifies him to be president of the United States. He has said he ran because 150,000 people sent him messages asking him to. I'll bet 150,000 people have asked Kim Kardashian to run for president. Should she get in ?

I'm aware of all that, just don't understand why you say "I have ZERO fear of Carson being elected president. He has no chance" yet post OP's bashing Carson. Shows fear to me.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Oh, for fucks sake. This is as tiresome NOW as it was when yall claimed people were afraid of the Great Nitwit from Wasilla. No fear then either.

domer76
11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Hypocrisy of liberals.

Ben Carson, Black Conservative (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/10/31/ben_carson_black_conservative_128612.html)

His race has nothing to do with the fact that he's a flat-earther, 6 day creationist. Something that brings his judgement under question

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
His race has nothing to do with the fact that he's a flat-earther, 6 day creationist. Something that brings his judgement under question

This is what I mean, with Obama it was all about race, no it's not about race at all.

Thus, hypocrisy.

domer76
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Are they treating him any differently than they did Hermain Cain or Allen West?

Two other fools

domer76
11-02-2015, 03:32 PM
This is what I mean, with Obama it was all about race, no it's not about race at all.

Thus, hypocrisy.

Another of your over-used phrases

Safety
11-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Thus, hypocrisy.

Well, like you said, you can't compare the two, Carson isn't president.

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM

Neither was Obama before election.

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Another of your over-used phrases

Was that supposed to be an argument? LOL

Cletus
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM

People started claiming any opposition to Obama was racist as soon as he announced his candidacy the first time, and Obama used that very much to his advantage.

domer76
11-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Was that supposed to be an argument? LOL

An observation. lol

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:49 PM
An observation. lol

Pretty dumb one, domer.

Safety
11-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Neither was Obama before election.

So the racist comments only started after he became president?

Safety
11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
People started claiming any opposition to Obama was racist as soon as he announced his candidacy the first time, and Obama used that very much to his advantage.

hmmm, any opposition to Obama was racist, or was it the rhetoric used that was racist? That's pretty interesting, because there are hundreds of conversations on this board with opposition to Obama, yet only a handful are called racists. Causation /= correlation.

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:53 PM
hmmm, any opposition to Obama was racist, or was it the rhetoric used that was racist? That's pretty interesting, because there are hundreds of conversations on this board with opposition to Obama, yet only a handful are called racists. Causation /= correlation.

He said there were claims opposition t Obama were racist. Read again.

So if we apply the same, opposition to Carson must be racist. :rollseyes:

Chris
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
So the racist comments only started after he became president?

The claims opposition was racist started before he was prez.

Safety
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM

Only if you want to apply a false equivalency. Where was there a claim that any opposition to Obama was racist here?

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Deny some of it was, i dare ya.

Safety
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM
The claims opposition was racist started before he was prez.

Ok. That could be easily defeated when the policies of Bush were compared to the "supposed" policies of Obama, which was where most of the criticism came from. Yet, where does the Bush 2.0, meme come into play?

domer76
11-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Pretty dumb one, domer.

Accurate. You use more trite phrases and cut-and-paste than the vast majority on this forum. Your "ad-hom" has become predictable and tiresome. The 'hypocrisy' thing? Moving into second place

domer76
11-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Why do you feel the need to apply the same?

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Why do you feel the need to apply the same?

Miss the smiley?

Remember, domer, I'm pointing out hypocrisy.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Accurate. You use more trite phrases and cut-and-paste than the vast majority on this forum. Your "ad-hom" has become predictable and tiresome. The 'hypocrisy' thing? Moving into second place

Saying hypocrisy is trite is dumb, domer.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Ok. That could be easily defeated when the policies of Bush were compared to the "supposed" policies of Obama, which was where most of the criticism came from. Yet, where does the Bush 2.0, meme come into play?

Yes, indeed, many of the criticisms of Obama were also criticisms of Bush. So the claims of racism never did make much sense.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Only if you want to apply a false equivalency. Where was there a claim that any opposition to Obama was racist here?

Over the last decade.

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Yes, indeed, many of the criticisms of Obama were also criticisms of Bush. So the claims of racism never did make much sense.

Except the rhetoric of him being the worst president for those policies.

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Over the last decade.

hmmm, over the last decade? I'm pretty sure the posting history led a trail of clues as to the context the criticism was applied.

domer76
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Miss the smiley?

Remember, domer, I'm pointing out hypocrisy.

Do you have that word as a macro?

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Do you have that word as a macro?

Do you have an argument or are you just here to distract?

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:11 PM
hmmm, over the last decade? I'm pretty sure the posting history led a trail of clues as to the context the criticism was applied.

Not everyone in the US posts. There's a whole big world out there.

Chris
Except the rhetoric of him being the worst president for those policies.

Who, Bush?

domer76
Saying hypocrisy is trite is dumb, domer.

Trite means overused and consequently meaningless phrases. Fits perfectly with your posts

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Who, Bush?

For the ones claiming the policies are the reason for the hate of Obama. I mean, if it was the policies, then those same people must have hated Bush, yet....

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Not everyone in the US posts. There's a whole big world out there.

Not following your point there.

domer76
11-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Do you have an argument or are you just here to distract?

Making an observation of your posts and asking a question. Do you save time by having 'ad-hom' and 'hypocrisy' as macros?

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Making an observation of your posts and asking a question. Do you save time by having 'ad-hom' and 'hypocrisy' as macros?

It was a dumb observation, domer.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Not following your point there.

Apparently I wasn't following yours, so to repeat, for a decade or so there's been repeated claims opposition to Obama was racist. Isn't opposition to Cason racist by the same (lack of) reasoning? (Need to make my sarcasm clear for domer.)

Cletus
11-02-2015, 04:25 PM

I didn't say anything about this forum.

I said that as soon as people started being critical of Obama and his positions on the issues, other people started claiming that criticism and opposition was racist and being put forth only because Obama is Black. Obama, being a smart politician, used those claims, true or not, to his advantage and has continued to do so throughout his Presidency.

I have opposed Obama on many issues. My personal opinion is that History will show him to be one of the worst Presidents the Republic has ever had to endure. My opinion of him has nothing to do with his race, but I can't eve count the number of times I have been called "racist" because I spoke out against him and his agenda. What's funny is that when I leveled the same kinds of criticism at Carter or even Clinton, I was never accused of racism. It was only when I said the same kinds of things about Obama that I said about the other two, that accusations of racism started getting tossed around.

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Apparently I wasn't following yours, so to repeat, for a decade or so there's been repeated claims opposition to Obama was racist. Isn't opposition to Cason racist by the same (lack of) reasoning? (Need to make my sarcasm clear for domer.)

I haven't seen any derogatory comments towards Carson's skin color like there have been for Obama. I haven't seen terms like "mongrel, half-breed, shuck and jiving, Colt 45 drinking, watermelon planting, etc." Then again, I haven't seen "liberals" use those comments here, only "conservatives".

So, juxtapose those comments with the rhetoric of "community organizer, marxist, socialist, etc," when talking about policies, yet the same policies Bush implemented, and you will hopefully see a correlation.

In fact, the only comment I've seen towards Carson was by Rupert Murdoch in calling him a "real" black, so it seems color is always an issue on the right.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 04:30 PM

I said that as soon as people started being critical of Obama and his positions on the issues, other people started claiming that criticism and opposition was racist and being put forth only because Obama is Black. Obama, being a smart politician, used those claims, true or not, to his advantage and has continued to do so throughout his Presidency.

I have opposed Obama on many issues. My personal opinion is that History will show him to be one of the worst Presidents the Republic has ever had to endure. My opinion of him has nothing to do with his race, but I can't eve count the number of times I have been called "racist" because I spoke out against him and his agenda. What's funny is that when I leveled the same kinds of criticism at Carter or even Clinton, I was never accused of racism. It was only when I said the same kinds of things about Obama that I said about the other two, that accusations of racism started getting tossed around.
For every one of "you" that say it has/had nothing to do with his hue...there are three that for a glabce is ALL IT TOOK. Is that so hard to admit?

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:31 PM

Context is everything. There is no way to ascertain any criticism people may have had towards you with Clinton or Carter, all I know is there are millions of people who oppose Obama's policies but have not had the "racism" charge directed towards them.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I haven't seen any derogatory comments towards Carson's skin color like there have been for Obama. I haven't seen terms like "mongrel, half-breed, shuck and jiving, Colt 45 drinking, watermelon planting, etc." Then again, I haven't seen "liberals" use those comments here, only "conservatives".

So, juxtapose those comments with the rhetoric of "community organizer, marxist, socialist, etc," when talking about policies, yet the same policies Bush implemented, and you will hopefully see a correlation.

In fact, the only comment I've seen towards Carson was by Rupert Murdoch in calling him a "real" black, so it seems color is always an issue on the right.

This thread is about claims opposition to Obama in and of itself was racist. Which cannot be true for many of the same people like Carson.

As for actual racism, there are those who are racist. Like Media reacts to professor’s racist taunt against Ben Carson (http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/10/media-reacts-to-professors-racist-taunt-against-ben-carson/).

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Or...

Carson is conservatisms' magic n*gro ... LOL

Mister D
11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
For every one of "you" that say it has/had nothing to do with his hue...there are three that for a glabce is ALL IT TOOK. Is that so hard to admit?

Why would anyone admit to what you just made up out of whole cloth?

Mister D
11-02-2015, 04:39 PM
Or...

Actually, exotix has made many a racially charged comment about black conservatives. Granted, eddy is mentally ill.

Safety
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
This thread is about claims opposition to Obama in and of itself was racist. Which cannot be true for many of the same people like Carson.

As for actual racism, there are those who are racist. Like Media reacts to professor’s racist taunt against Ben Carson (http://legalinsurrection.com/2015/10/media-reacts-to-professors-racist-taunt-against-ben-carson/).

No doubt there are racists, I was limiting the scope to this forum. It is just as easy to find examples of blatant racism towards Obama before he was elected.

All in all, it has to do with the atmosphere of the conservative party and it's image. Sorry, but the majority of the outspoken conservative members don't hold back their true feelings for any minority or person different than what they have in mind as being "American". That professor's racist taunt is equivalent to any member here calling someone a white guilt lib. No different.

Mister D

Seems clear to me.

Cletus

If it were true, it wouldn't be. Unfortunately for you, it is not even close to being true.

Chris
11-02-2015, 04:43 PM
No doubt there are racists, I was limiting the scope to this forum. It is just as easy to find examples of blatant racism towards Obama before he was elected.

All in all, it has to do with the atmosphere of the conservative party and it's image. Sorry, but the majority of the outspoken conservative members don't hold back their true feelings for any minority or person different than what they have in mind as being "American". That professor's racist taunt is equivalent to any member here calling someone a white guilt lib. No different.

An atmosphere I contend was created by liberals of the social warrior sort.

The prof's was the same as exo's.

nathanbforrest45
11-02-2015, 04:47 PM
One thing I have learned over the years is that progressives only believe in the right now, this very second. What happened before is gone and therefore does not count and what might happen in the future hasn't happened so consequences from present actions don't count either. No one in the last nanosecond said that opposition to Obama was because he was black so obviously it never ever happened.

Progressive Liberal Fabian Socialist are hypocrisy personified. Arrogant and elitist also comes to mind when describing your average Democratic Socialist. And they have been socialist since at least the early 1900's.

del
11-02-2015, 04:59 PM

i think it's cute that jonah goldberg gets to decide who's authentically black.

because he'd know

del
11-02-2015, 05:00 PM

shocker

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Or...

Or...

Just flippin through the channels and came actross some asshole foreigner with a buzzcut (Bashir something?) and a group of blatant hardcore liberals praising the magic negro to the heavens as the second comming of Christ or something. What the hell is going to happen over the next 4 years with these obsequious fuckin retards kissing NObamas ass 24-7? Good thing though is that FOX news will continue to dominate the ratings.

Why? Nobody else does. Why hold Trump to a higher standard just because he has different politics? I think he can start being transparent when other politicians do the same.

We haven't even heard from Barack the magic negro what's in the TPP yet. And he ran on the PROMISE OF TRANSPARENCY. Holy shit I am so SICK of these double standards. Either you want all politicians to be transparent or not, but don't hold one guy to that standard and not the rest.

Thanks.

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:02 PM

Oh, you mean fellow Americans who wanted everyone to be treated as Americans?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:03 PM

because he'd know

Just like David Sterling I guess.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
shocker

Not sure why you're shocked.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Or...

Yes, as I said, some are or say racists things. That's still different from the point about Carson and why the left isn't screaming racism at its own opposition to him.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:07 PM

Except they don't want that, they want to dehumanize and exclude some.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:08 PM

because he'd know

Just like David Sterling I guess.

I'm glad you two got Goldberg's point on that one.

Oh, wait, did you?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:10 PM
I'm glad you two got Goldberg's point on that one.

Oh, wait, did you?

What was the point, to dehumanize and exclude?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Except they don't want that, they want to dehumanize and exclude some.

Really? Those same "social warriors" who were fighting for inclusion and freedom?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Really? Those same "social warriors" who were fighting for inclusion and freedom?

Yes, while they fight to include some, they do so by trying to exclude others.

It's comparable to the zero-sum economics the left tends to argue where for some to gain, others must lose.

silvereyes
Why would anyone admit to what you just made up out of whole cloth?
Really, you think NO ONE dislike Obama simply by sight? And your cheerleader is just as much a liar.

Safety
Yes, as I said, some are or say racists things. That's still different from the point about Carson and why the left isn't screaming racism at its own opposition to him.

It's no different, for the left probably doesn't scream for opposition to him, because they aren't criticizing him for his race.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
What was the point, to dehumanize and exclude?

To paraphrase: i think it's cute that the left gets to decide who's authentically black.

That was the entire point of Goldberg's oped, just remove his sarcasm.

:yo2:

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Yes, while they fight to include some, they do so by trying to exclude others.

It's comparable to the zero-sum economics the left tends to argue where for some to gain, others must lose.

Who are the ones being excluded?

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 05:15 PM
If it were true, it wouldn't be. Unfortunately for you, it is not even close to being true.
Tsk, tsk. Cant face the truth.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
It's no different, for the left probably doesn't scream for opposition to him, because they aren't criticizing him for his race.

Nor was the right.

Though of course we can all point to individuals on left and right who do. But as rational people we wouldn't want to overgeneralize that.

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:16 PM
To paraphrase: i think it's cute that the left gets to decide who's authentically black.

That was the entire point of Goldbergs oped.

:yo2:

The "authenticity" of black was decided when the "one-drop" rule was in effect. Unless you actually think when posters create threads on black crime they take the time to consult 23andme before posting the link?

Who is Goldberg to decide on who is black or not?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Who are the ones being excluded?

The right is who the left tries to stigmatize and ostracize.

Carson, for example, see http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/52868-Ben-Carson%E2%80%99s-church-believes-United-States-government-will-bring-about-the-End-Times

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:19 PM
The "authenticity" of black was decided when the "one-drop" rule was in effect. Unless you actually think when posters create threads on black crime they take the time to consult 23andme before posting the link?

Who is Goldberg to decide on who is black or not?

Goldberg wasn't deciding, he was try to show how the left does that with regard to Carson.

Safety
Nor was the right.

Though of course we can all point to individuals on left and right who do. But as rational people we wouldn't want to overgeneralize that.

.....yet your proof of your claim was one member from the left.

It's not really that hard to take member's posts over the years and see who says racist things and the party they align themself to.

Safety
Goldberg wasn't deciding, he was try to show how the left do that with regard to Carson.

By saying it was time for a "real black" to be president?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:20 PM
The right is who the left tries to stigmatize and ostracize.

Carson, for example, see http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/52868-Ben-Carson%E2%80%99s-church-believes-United-States-government-will-bring-about-the-End-Times

Maybe it's not the right, but the individuals of the right who say derogatory things that are the targets. I have not see any policy advocated for the left that says people on the right are not included.

Mac-7
11-02-2015, 05:22 PM

We hope it will be trump

He can deal with America's enemies domestic and foreign

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Dear god, im lost. So now its the left that made all those derogatory comments about obama AND his family?

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 05:25 PM
http://freakoutnation.com/2011/12/tea-party-politician-on-obama-assassinate-the-fucken-nigger-and-his-monkey-children/

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Dear god, im lost. So now its the left that made all those derogatory comments about obama AND his family?

Short memory.

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:28 PM
http://freakoutnation.com/2011/12/tea-party-politician-on-obama-assassinate-the-fucken-nigger-and-his-monkey-children/

LoL, but Carson is felling left out because noone is calling him names?

Chris

It's not really that hard to take member's posts over the years and see who says racist things and the party they align themself to.

The proof that Carson is not treated as a black or a doctor is obvious in the media.

(If you have issues with members, report them.)

silvereyes
http://www.defshepherd.com/2012/10/racism-is-alive-and-well-35-incredibly.html?m=1

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:29 PM
By saying it was time for a "real black" to be president?

By the liberal media refusing to refer to Carson as a black or a doctor.

Mac-7
For the ones claiming the policies are the reason for the hate of Obama. I mean, if it was the policies, then those same people must have hated Bush, yet....

There is no comparison between bush and Obama

One is a fool but the other hates the America that I love

silvereyes
LoL, but Carson is felling left out because noone is calling him names?
That poor little dear.

Safety
The proof that Carson is not treated as a black or a doctor is obvious in the media.

I guess like this post?

You have to respect yourself before others will.

An illiterate black thug with gold teeth and the crack of his ass showing will go though life being looked down on outside the hood.

A white conservative with a positive white attitude but black skin will do just fine if he isn't robbed and murdered by the other black guy.

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:30 PM
There is no comparison between bush and Obama

One is a fool but the other Hayes the America that I love

Can you try it again in English?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Maybe it's not the right, but the individuals of the right who say derogatory things that are the targets. I have not see any policy advocated for the left that says people on the right are not included.

Maybe you just don't see it. But the thread on Carson I linked to is an obvious attempt to denigrate him, stigmatize him, ostracize him. There was another thread other day that attempted to do the same to the religious right. There are many threads like that. Surprised you don't see them.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM

No. At least you shouldn't get that from what I'm saying.

But question, for safety's edification, are you saying the right made those derogatory comments?

del
11-02-2015, 05:33 PM

commies

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:35 PM
By the liberal media refusing to refer to Carson as a black or a doctor.

From the same Dr. Carson who can't call the president a "real black" president?

https://youtu.be/BQCtwa_g-Mg

del
11-02-2015, 05:37 PM

he's kenyan, you know

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Maybe you just don't see it. But the thread on Carson I linked to is an obvious attempt to denigrate him, stigmatize him, ostracize him. There was another thread other day that attempted to do the same to the religious right. There are many threads like that. Surprised you don't see them.

If you recall, when a thread was created about the professor tweeting those words about Carson, I commented about how it was not right. I don't get into the religion arguments anymore because no good ever comes out of it.

But, are you trying to compare one professor to millions of posts about Obama? Even the site silvereyes linked to?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:40 PM
he's kenyan, you know

Bless his heart.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:40 PM
From the same Dr. Carson who can't call the president a "real black" president?

https://youtu.be/BQCtwa_g-Mg

Lost track of your point? What was it? Was it related to the thread?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:42 PM
If you recall, when a thread was created about the professor tweeting those words about Carson, I commented about how it was not right. I don't get into the religion arguments anymore because no good ever comes out of it.

But, are you trying to compare one professor to millions of posts about Obama? Even the site silvereyes linked to?

Millions of posts?

No, my point was about how the left tends to try and stigmatize and ostracize.

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:43 PM
I guess like this post?

Hard to make sense of that post. I don't usually waste time trying to.

del

But, are you trying to compare one professor to millions of posts about Obama? Even the site @silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1218) linked to?

yes

Chris
Can you try it again in English?

See.

Safety
Lost track of your point? What was it? Was it related to the thread?

The point seems to be how the right are upset that liberals are not outraged about any criticism towards Carson being described as racist. Yet, when showing the comments made towards Obama vs Carson, there is really no comparison to argue. In the video, Carson even refused to say Obama is a "real black president", so maybe it has something to do with his base?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
yes

Short on comprehension? You missed Goldberg's point too. Oh, well, go gadfly somewhere else.

del
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
carson is the right's lawn jockey

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Millions of posts?

across the internets.

Like the right does on abortion and 2nd amendment, right?

Safety
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Hard to make sense of that post. I don't usually waste time trying to.

But there many from other members. So, yes, there is Exo, but that is compounded by three times as many Macs, Bobs, and Nathans.

del
11-02-2015, 05:48 PM
across the internets.

lol

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:57 PM
The point seems to be how the right are upset that liberals are not outraged about any criticism towards Carson being described as racist. Yet, when showing the comments made towards Obama vs Carson, there is really no comparison to argue. In the video, Carson even refused to say Obama is a "real black president", so maybe it has something to do with his base?

I don't think anyone is upset or outraged. I think Goldberg is simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the left who made so much of Obama being black but now make so little of Carson being black. Where's the equality in that?

Racist comments are not the point of this thread. What, do you think Carson was being racist?

Chris
11-02-2015, 05:58 PM

How about racist comments like that, racist even though del is just trying to be an asshat.

del
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
How about racist comments like that, racist even though del is just trying to be an asshat.

describing reality, chrissy

and also tossing you a crumb lol

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
across the internets.

You read all that?

How does the right stigmatize and ostracize the left about abortion or guns? Not saying some don't, but that they probably got it from the left--though argument could be made the left got it from the more militant religious right of the 90s.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:01 PM
describing reality, chrissy

and also tossing you a crumb lol

Thanks, del, keep right on gadflying.

del
11-02-2015, 06:01 PM
every time chris calls someone a hypocrite, i hurt myself laughing

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
But there many from other members. So, yes, there is Exo, but that is compounded by three times as many Macs, Bobs, and Nathans.

And there's del who's not very funny in his racist remarks.

Peter1469
11-02-2015, 06:04 PM
every time chris calls someone a hypocrite, i hurt myself laughing

Warning: discuss the topic, not other members.

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't think anyone is upset or outraged. I think Goldberg is simply pointing out the hypocrisy of the left who made so much of Obama being black but now make so little of Carson being black. Where's the equality in that?

Racist comments are not the point of this thread. What, do you think Carson was being racist?

I didn't say Carson was being racist, but his hesitation to answer raises eyebrows. You don't agree?

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I didn't say Carson was being racist, but his hesitation to answer raises eyebrows. You don't agree?

About his being a racist, what?

Safety
And there's del who's not very funny in his racist remarks.

It seems like Del is playing devil's advocate, kinda like you do with Mark.

Safety
About his being a racist, what?

His refusal to say whether or not Obama is a "real black president".

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
You read all that?

How does the right stigmatize and ostracize the left about abortion or guns? Not saying some don't, but that they probably got it from the left--though argument could be made the left got it from the more militant religious right of the 90s.

Remember, this is all about who's Ox is gored.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:06 PM
His refusal to say whether or not Obama is a "real black president".

I don't have 15 minutes to listen, at what point in the video?

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't have 15 minutes to listen, at what point in the video?

The first minute and half.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Remember, this is all about who's Ox is gored.

I can't argue for the right as I'm libertarian but the arguments I'm familiar with are argument for protecting the lives of the unborn and protecting the right to keep and bear arms. I see some BS flying from both sides but such emotional outbursts I find rather boring.

I just don't get why the liberal media refuses to acknowledge Carson as black and a doctor. It seems hypocritical.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Millions of posts?

Um, chris, the right needed ZERO help when it came to Obama. Why do you refuse to admit that?

Common Sense
11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Is the liberal media pretending Carson isn't black and a doctor?

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 06:15 PM
No. At least you shouldn't get that from what I'm saying.

But question, for safety's edification, are you saying the right made those derogatory comments?
Im absolutely saying the right made MANY of those vile comments...unprompted by anyone or anything other than their own stilted views.

silvereyes
11-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Blind people seem to think so.

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:17 PM
I can't argue for the right as I'm libertarian but the arguments I'm familiar with are argument for protecting the lives of the unborn and protecting the right to keep and bear arms. I see some BS flying from both sides but such emotional outbursts I find rather boring.

I just don't get why the liberal media refuses to acknowledge Carson as black and a doctor. It seems hypocritical.

I thought I covered that point earlier? There is no longer a historical significance to the "first black becoming president". If Clinton or Fiorina wins the presidency, there would be the media playing "the first woman president" angle, but the next woman running after them would not have the historical significance. Then again, you have the Fox's CEO playing the "real black" angle with Carson.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:19 PM
The first minute and half.

Question was about what Murdoc said about Obama not being a "real black President". I think you need all three words there.

Carson explains his understanding of Murdoc as Obama was elected with high hopes from blacks but his policies have not elevate the black community, but made things worse.

Pressed, he says Obama is President and is black but won't get caught up in semantics.

Carson does not like to answer direct questions, is my impression. Saw him on Charlie Rose as couple weeks ago and he was very evasive on specifics. Carson says things that resonate with the right, but just like many here, they're left as generalities with little facts or logic to back them.

He's a politician.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Um, chris, the right needed ZERO help when it came to Obama. Why do you refuse to admit that?

Too much of an overgeneralization. There are people, some on the right, who do hate Obama for being black. Most I think oppose his policies.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:23 PM

They're doing their damndest to avoid acknowledging it.

I don't think that in itself is a bad thing, you shouldn't vote for someone simply because they're black, a woman, whatever.

The hypocrisy comes in their having made such a thing about Obama being black.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Im absolutely saying the right made MANY of those vile comments...unprompted by anyone or anything other than their own stilted views.

Many racist comments from a few.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
I thought I covered that point earlier? There is no longer a historical significance to the "first black becoming president". If Clinton or Fiorina wins the presidency, there would be the media playing "the first woman president" angle, but the next woman running after them would not have the historical significance. Then again, you have the Fox's CEO playing the "real black" angle with Carson.

Right, but I don't buy that. The liberal media's playing up Obama being black wasn't just oh and by the way he'll be the first black president.

Can't comment on Fox, don't watch it.

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Right, but I don't buy that. The liberal media's playing up Obama being black wasn't just oh and by the way he'll be the first black president.

Can't comment on Fox, don't watch it.

So, you think the media played up Obama being black because he's not conservative? We'll have to agree to disagree I guess.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
So, you think the media played up Obama being black because he's not conservative? We'll have to agree to disagree I guess.

Because they thought it would gain votes. That plus claiming opposition was racist. Even the Clintons were accused of that in the primaries.

Waiting on your response to my analysis of the Carson video...

del
11-02-2015, 06:33 PM

who me?

no, i agree with chris that everything that's wrong in the world is the left's fault, whilst priding myself on my non-partisanship and faith in free markets and the tea party(ies)

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Too much of an overgeneralization. There are people, some on the right, who do hate Obama for being black. Most I think oppose his policies.

LoL, ok.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/georgia-bar-mulligans-racist-sign_n_1897226.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/dont-re-nig-in-2012-maker-of-racist-anti-obama-sticker-shuts-down-site/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/03/patrick-lanzo-georgia-bar-n-word-sign_n_1475288.html

Those are just the ones i know about because I live in GA. Now, maybe GA is the only state in the union that has any racist folks residing there, but I am skeptical.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:34 PM

Do I make racist remarks in arguing with mark?

Mister D
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Really, you think NO ONE dislike Obama simply by sight? And your cheerleader is just as much a liar.

So you go from a claim that there are 3 times as many racist critics of Obama as purely political critics to a claim that there are some racist critics of Obama. No one said there were no racist critics of Obama. Secondly, I have no idea who my cheerleader is. Do you?
Safety control your hos. Feel me?

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:37 PM
who me?

no, i agree with chris that everything that's wrong in the world is the left's fault, whilst priding myself on my non-partisanship and faith in free markets and the tea party(ies)

Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it. Like I've said before, if everywhere you look you see stupidity, it's not out there.

It must mystify you when I criticise the right. Did my criticism of Carson throw you for a loss? Gadfly somewhere else, let other have a decent discussion.

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Because they thought it would gain votes. That plus claiming opposition was racist. Even the Clintons were accused of that in the primaries.

Maybe the right shoots their own foot on the matter?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1897226.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...uts-down-site/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1475288.html

I mean, it isn't hard to find supporting evidence, but some digging is required to taint the left.

Waiting on your response to my analysis of the Carson video...

Yea, I don't buy that explanation about Carson. He isn't a "real black president" because black people aren't doing as well as whites? Hmmm, ok, let me know what policy Obama could have directed towards blacks that wouldn't have gotten him assassinated, regardless if Biden was on deck or not. He already is called the racist president by those on the right, so what else is needed to shore up that ideal?

Safety
11-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Do I make racist remarks in arguing with mark?

The only one I remember was you asking him was if the reason he hated him was because he's black.

zelmo1234
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Context is everything. There is no way to ascertain any criticism people may have had towards you with Clinton or Carter, all I know is there are millions of people who oppose Obama's policies but have not had the "racism" charge directed towards them.

Well I can tell you that I don't use those words and I have been called racist a lot, certainly not as many times as some. but way to often.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:45 PM
The only one I remember was you asking him was if the reason he hated him was because he's black.

That was racist? Lawn jockey is racist. I can see you playing devil's advocate, you've got the intelligence.

zelmo1234
11-02-2015, 06:49 PM

I think that is great, what have they proposed that will help that happen?

zelmo1234
11-02-2015, 06:51 PM

How do we know that they are not. Many on the right face the charge of racism everyday?

Blacks that are openly conservative are constantly called the most fowl names by the left.

del
11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Comprehension isn't your strong suit is it. Like I've said before, if everywhere you look you see stupidity, it's not out there.

It must mystify you when I criticise the right. Did my criticism of Carson throw you for a loss? Gadfly somewhere else, let other have a decent discussion.

when i see you criticize the right, i'm sure i'll be mystified.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Maybe the right shoots their own foot on the matter?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1897226.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...uts-down-site/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1475288.html

I mean, it isn't hard to find supporting evidence, but some digging is required to taint the left.

Yea, I don't buy that explanation about Carson. He isn't a "real black president" because black people aren't doing as well as whites? Hmmm, ok, let me know what policy Obama could have directed towards blacks that wouldn't have gotten him assassinated, regardless if Biden was on deck or not. He already is called the racist president by those on the right, so what else is needed to shore up that ideal?

I'm not arguing that there aren't some racists on the right. I will argue there are some racists on the left. The right seems more blatant, the left more subtle, but it's found in white social justice warriors.

Still, you need to consider the entire phrase, "real black President" in terms of what Obama has done for blacks. Anyway, I take Carson for his word, plain and simple, and don't try to put too much into it, other than, a I pointed out, a tendency to avoid specifics.

I don't know about assassination but I would object if it we Obama, Bin or Carson shaping policies to special interests, be they defined by race, wealth, or any other mens because the Constitution demands laws be fashioned for the general welfare and special laws are rule of man not rule of law.

Chris
11-02-2015, 06:54 PM

I just criticized Carson. :geez:

zelmo1234
11-02-2015, 06:55 PM

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2013/03/26/25-examples-of-liberal-racism-in-quotes-n1549044/page/full

It really is not that easy to tell, But there is a difference, Democrats are assumed to be race neutral, so when one of their own says something they let is slide.

But if you look at the results of the policies passed by Congress and who sponsored them? It is easy to tell the truth.

zelmo1234
11-02-2015, 06:58 PM

Chris, it is my belief that they see it, they just don't care.

If you can continue to support someone like Clinton you must have the ability to stick your head in the sand.

The left is morally bankrupt at this time, it is a shame.

del
11-02-2015, 07:00 PM
I just criticized Carson. :geez:

good for you!

have a cookie

i'm gonna commence to being mystified

Chris
11-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Chris, it is my belief that they see it, they just don't care.

If you can continue to support someone like Clinton you must have the ability to stick your head in the sand.

The left is morally bankrupt at this time, it is a shame.

I wouldn't pigeonhole Safety as left. But there are those who are typical.

Chris
11-02-2015, 07:02 PM
good for you!

have a cookie

i'm gonna commence to being mystified

Afraid to admit you were wrong. Hide with wisecracks.

http://i.snag.gy/NNxG9.jpg

del
11-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Afraid to admit you were wrong. Hide with wisecracks.

http://i.snag.gy/NNxG9.jpg

discuss the topic, not other members, please.

hanger4
11-02-2015, 07:13 PM
discuss the topic, not other members, please.
At lest your hypocrisy was on topic. :grin:

Mark III
11-02-2015, 07:16 PM
I like to look at some of these threads and see the first page of comments. After that most threads are HIGHLY repetitive and filled with one sentence answers that are just back and forth low level insults. Not remotely worth the time it would take to go through all the comments on a thread like this.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 07:17 PM

He's quite critical of the GOP, actually.

Safety
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm not arguing that there aren't some racists on the right. I will argue there are some racists on the left. The right seems more blatant, the left more subtle, but it's found in white social justice warriors.

Still, you need to consider the entire phrase, "real black President" in terms of what Obama has done for blacks. Anyway, I take Carson for his word, plain and simple, and don't try to put too much into it, other than, a I pointed out, a tendency to avoid specifics.

I don't know about assassination but I would object if it we Obama, Bin or Carson shaping policies to special interests, be they defined by race, wealth, or any other mens because the Constitution demands laws be fashioned for the general welfare and special laws are rule of man not rule of law.

Call it the same phenomenon that happens when Obama talks about smoking weed as a youth, he is labeled a thug or worse....but Carson hitting people with hammers and fighting as a youth is ignored.

Chris
11-02-2015, 07:19 PM
I like to look at some of these threads and see the first page of comments. After that most threads are HIGHLY repetitive and filled with one sentence answers that are just back and forth low level insults. Not remotely worth the time it would take to go through all the comments on a thread like this.

And yet here you are posting, off topic at that.

Safety
11-02-2015, 07:22 PM
I think that is great, what have they proposed that will help that happen?

What do you mean?

Matty
11-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Dr. Ben Carson is black. A conservative running for President.

Safety
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't pigeonhole Safety as left. But there are those who are typical.

Actually, Zelmo makes a good example of how some get labeled as racist by association. It's like how some get labeled liberal....

:grin:

Safety
11-02-2015, 07:28 PM

That is true, the racists on the left are subtle, the ones on the right are more outspoken, especially in the past 7 years.

del
11-02-2015, 07:29 PM
At lest your hypocrisy was on topic. :grin:

of course it was

Peter1469
11-02-2015, 07:33 PM
So you go from a claim that there are 3 times as many racist critics of Obama as purely political critics to a claim that there are some racist critics of Obama. No one said there were no racist critics of Obama. Secondly, I have no idea who my cheerleader is. Do you?
@Safety (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1226) control your hos. Feel me?

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

Safety
11-02-2015, 07:46 PM
That was racist? Lawn jockey is racist. I can see you playing devil's advocate, you've got the intelligence.

No, what you said was not racist because I am aware of your posting history, by the same token, del was making a tongue in cheek comment. His posting history suggests as such.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 07:48 PM

You still here, Mark?

Mister D
11-02-2015, 07:52 PM
No, what you said was not racist because I am aware of your posting history, by the same token, del was making a tongue in cheek comment. His posting history suggests as such.

There is nothing tongue in cheek about calling someone a lawn jockey or an Uncle Tom. Are black conservatives traitors to their race, Safety? Are they house niggers? Old man del and Exotix appear to think so. Do you?

domer76
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM

He is treated as the joke-of-candidate that he is

Common
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Black conservatives are tolerated but never loved and fully embraced. They get their 15 mins of fame but we all know ben carson wont get the nomination, just like we knew Herman Caine wouldnt get it and just like we knew Alan Keyes wouldnt get it.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Call it the same phenomenon that happens when Obama talks about smoking weed as a youth, he is labeled a thug or worse....but Carson hitting people with hammers and fighting as a youth is ignored.

Then he was a thug then too.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:08 PM
That is true, the racists on the left are subtle, the ones on the right are more outspoken, especially in the past 7 years.

We found something to agree on.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:09 PM

But it was racist just the same. That's the subtleness I meant, the hiding behind oh that was just sarcasm.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:11 PM
He is treated as the joke-of-candidate that he is

How astute.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Black conservatives are tolerated but never loved and fully embraced. They get their 15 mins of fame but we all know ben carson wont get the nomination, just like we knew Herman Caine wouldnt get it and just like we knew Alan Keyes wouldnt get it.

One could have made the same observation about black liberals until Obama won the nomination. Did Democrats stop being racist in 2008?

Safety
11-02-2015, 08:13 PM
There is nothing tongue in cheek about calling someone a lawn jockey or an Uncle Tom. Are black conservatives traitors to their race, Safety? Are they house niggers? Old man del and Exotix appear to think so. Do you?

It's partisanship at it's finest. Uncle toms are the same as someone on the right calling a white person a "white guilt ridden lib".

Safety
11-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Then he was a thug then too.

But you won't see a thread created on it.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:18 PM
But you won't see a thread created on it.

I wouldn't bother reading a thread on Obama or Carson that tried to make that point. Separate the wheat from the chafe. The signal from the noise.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:19 PM
It's partisanship at it's finest. Uncle toms are the same as someone on the right calling a white person a "white guilt ridden lib".

Yep, just as stupid.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Here's Sowell arguing against the subtlety of left racism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-FqtAOSB8

Right racism is blatant but shallow, left racism runs (ruins) deep.

domer76
11-02-2015, 08:26 PM
How astute.

Odd that you want him to be treated as a black rather than just the fool that he is

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Odd that you want him to be treated as a black rather than just the fool that he is

The point of the OP...

http://i.snag.gy/AT0Dk.jpg

domer76
11-02-2015, 08:31 PM
The point of the OP...

Yep. But actually, no point at all

Mister D
11-02-2015, 08:36 PM

The topic isn't "guilt ridden white libs" and , no, it's not the same unless del and exotix woke up black today. It's quite demeaning for a white person to condemn a black man for not being...well truly black, right? Yeah, I think so. Do you?

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Yep. But actually, no point at all

Not to you. We get that.

Chris
11-02-2015, 08:44 PM
The topic isn't "guilt ridden white libs" and , no, it's not the same unless del and exotix woke up black today. It's quite demeaning for a white person to condemn a black man for not being...well truly black, right? Yeah, I think so. Do you?

Like trueblue and a few others criticizing gays for not being, well, truly gay.

Social justice warriors.

And they exist on the right.

Matty
11-02-2015, 08:53 PM
This is epic.

domer76
11-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Not to you. We get that.

As usual, you try to make something out of nothing. Pointless, meaningless ramblings. At least, no cut and paste this time.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 09:12 PM
@Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) please stop responding to the bumpkin. With all due respect, you have a bad a habit of trying to carry on discussions with people who simply do not desire them.

domer76
11-02-2015, 09:32 PM
@Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) please stop responding to the bumpkin. With all due respect, you have a bad a habit of trying to carry on discussions with people who simply do not desire them.

Starting a thread lamenting why Carson is not being treated as a black is both pitiable and laughable. Is that what people like you two think about during the day? Why a black man isn't being treated as a black man?

Jesus

Chris
11-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Starting a thread lamenting why Carson is not being treated as a black is both pitiable and laughable. Is that what people like you two think about during the day? Why a black man isn't being treated as a black man?

Jesus

Mistaking that as the point is what's pitiable and laughable.

Chris
11-02-2015, 09:37 PM

There are some members who are, no, not incapable, though that's probably true, but disdainful of discussion. They see people engaged in discussion and like a bratty child start tugging at mommy's apron demanding attention because she dares to talk to the neighbor over the fence.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 09:38 PM

Please stop.

Mister D
11-02-2015, 09:43 PM
There are some members who are, no, not incapable, though that's probably true, but disdainful of discussion. They see people engaged in discussion and like a bratty child start tugging at mommy's apron demanding attention because she dares to talk to the neighbor over the fence.

The member in question is incapable and his overwrought prose is painful to read. There is another member who thinks mockery and a refusal to actually take a position on anything makes him look smart. Neither deserve your responses. I understand making fun of them from time to time. That's fine but trying to engage these people in a real discussion is pointless. Worse still, it annoys everyone else.

domer76
11-02-2015, 10:46 PM

It's your point (or lack thereof), but I agree. Stupid OP

domer76
11-02-2015, 10:48 PM

A nothing OP and this is your response? Priceless!

domer76
11-02-2015, 10:50 PM
The member in question is incapable and his overwrought prose is painful to read. There is another member who thinks mockery and a refusal to actually take a position on anything makes him look smart. Neither deserve your responses. I understand making fun of them from time to time. That's fine but trying to engage these people in a real discussion is pointless. Worse still, it annoys everyone else.

I know. I, too, am sick at heart that Carson isn't being treated like a black man. Like the both of you, I walk around all day fretting about it

Cthulhu
11-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Obama seems to think that Tim Geithner and Ben Bernanke are honest people. And that the federal reserve works too.

Some could say that is worthy of calling his judgment in question.

We don't know how the earth came into being, but we do know that the gorilla math of the Federal Reserve doesn't work out long term.

So who is the crazy one now?

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

domer76
11-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Obama seems to think that Tim Geithner and Ben Bernanke are honest people. And that the federal reserve works too.

Some could say that is worthy of calling his judgment in question.

We don't know how the earth came into being, but we do know that the gorilla math of the Federal Reserve doesn't work out long term.

So who is the crazy one now?

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

The crazy one is the guy who believes the earth was created in 6 days. And the poor guy can't even get treated like a black man

Safety
11-03-2015, 12:52 AM

The topic isn't "guilt ridden white libs", but that doesn't negate the fact that the rhetoric is the same as calling a black conservative Uncle Tom, Oreo, or house negro. The fact still remains that those terms are used to signify someone who doesn't tow the line to their race. Just like people like to call a white person who acts black "wigger", because it's used to try and demean and ostracize someone.

As for trying to demean someone who isn't 'truly' black, what did you say when Rupert Murdoch inferred that Obama wasn't 'truly' black?

I think Murdoch is a fool for apologizing.

I don't know what a "racial nudge" is but if it means a racist comment than obviously no. It's time to stop allowing virtually everything we say to scrutinized and distorted by the PC cops.

So, it's ok to be "PC" when the "right" person says it?

Mister D
11-03-2015, 08:51 AM
The topic isn't "guilt ridden white libs", but that doesn't negate the fact that the rhetoric is the same as calling a black conservative Uncle Tom, Oreo, or house $#@!. The fact still remains that those terms are used to signify someone who doesn't tow the line to their race. Just like people like to call a white person who acts black "wigger", because it's used to try and demean and ostracize someone.

As for trying to demean someone who isn't 'truly' black, what did you say when Rupert Murdoch inferred that Obama wasn't 'truly' black?

It also doesn't negate the fact that I had chicken drumsticks with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts for dinner last night. Again, the topic is not "guilt ridden white libs". Do you never tire of appeals to hypocrisy? Can you not attack or defend something on its own merits?

Are you seriously suggesting these comments are the same?

“Ben and Candy Carson terrific. What about a real black President who can properly address the racial divide? And much else,” the 84-year-old tycoon tweeted a night earlier.

Really, Safety?

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:01 AM
The topic isn't "guilt ridden white libs", but that doesn't negate the fact that the rhetoric is the same as calling a black conservative Uncle Tom, Oreo, or house negro. The fact still remains that those terms are used to signify someone who doesn't tow the line to their race. Just like people like to call a white person who acts black "wigger", because it's used to try and demean and ostracize someone.

Like del? Then it's OK? Or exo? Then it's OK?

What Murdock said was not in the least racist. What del and exo posted was.

Speaking of the topic, hypocrisy....

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Just a reminder there's a warning on this thread, ignoring it will result in thread bans.

Matty
Here's a question. How good has President Obama been at narrowing the racial divide? I'd give him an F+. He has actually widened the racial divide.

Safety
It also doesn't negate the fact that I had chicken drumsticks with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts for dinner last night. Again, the topic is not "guilt ridden white libs". Do you never tire of appeals to hypocrisy? Can you not attack or defend something on its own merits?

Are you seriously suggesting these comments are the same?

I use "appeal to hypocrisy" to make a point. If it's ok to call someone a "white guilt ridden lib" then why are you up in arms about a someone calling a black conservative "uncle tom"? Sorry, but you don't get to lecture me about not attacking something on its' own merits, for when the professor called Carson a "Coon" I was one of the first one's to denounce that rhetoric. Can the same be said for you about Rupert Murdoch?

You see, I denounce all racism, I don't just denounce one side then talk about being "PC" for the other side.

Really, Safety?

Obviously, the faux act of being shocked is because of the member who posted it. Once again, when the same consideration is given for folks called "nigger lovers" or "Toby", then the process of coming to an agreement can be started.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Here's a question. How good has President Obama been at narrowing the racial divide? I'd give him an F+. He has actually widened the racial divide.

That was Murdock's point about Obama not being a "real black President." Carson in video posted by safety made that very clear, that Obama has done more harm than good for blacks.

Perhaps that's unfair and it should be stated that Obama has done more harm than good for all but the rich. But the context of Murdock's statement had to do with the hope's the black community had for Obama.

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Like del? Then it's OK? Or exo? Then it's OK?

What Murdock said was not in the least racist. What del and exo posted was.

Speaking of the topic, hypocrisy....

Saying Carson was the right's "magic negro" was in reference to Rush's on air segment was about Obama, some news article posted , no?

Del's use of the word "lawn jockey" was tongue in cheek because of the OP, no? You think del is a racist?

But you don't think Murdoch's comment is racist towards Obama?

Yes, let's address hypocrisy.

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:11 AM
That was Murdock's point about Obama not being a "real black President." Carson in video posted by safety made that very clear, that Obama has done more harm than good for blacks.

Perhaps that's unfair and it should be stated that Obama has done more harm than good for all but the rich. But the context of Murdock's statement had to do with the hope's the black community had for Obama.

How can Carson address the black community's poverty issue without it being racial? That's kinda double speak, isn't it?

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:12 AM
Saying Carson was the right's "magic negro" was in reference to Rush's on air segment was about Obama, some news article posted , no?

Del's use of the word "lawn jockey" was tongue in cheek because of the OP, no? You think del is a racist? But you don't think Murdoch's comment is racist towards Obama?

So if someone on the right repeat Rush it's wrong but someone on the left does it's OK?

Even if it was tongue in cheek it was racist.

What Murdock said was not racist at all.

(There's a warning up to stop discussing members. Stick to topic and what's posted, please.)

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:13 AM
How can Carson address the black community's poverty issue without it being racial? That's kinda double speak, isn't it?

Carson addressed what Murdock said. What Murdock said was not racist.

Oldest fallacy in the book is ambiguity, switching from "racist" to "racial" is an example.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:15 AM

That's what the OP does, the OP many seem to want to avoid for other hobbyhorses.

Common Sense
11-03-2015, 09:15 AM

Del's use of the word "lawn jockey" was tongue in cheek because of the OP, no? You think del is a racist?

But you don't think Murdoch's comment is racist towards Obama?

I don't think what Del said was racist. It's an accusation towards conservatives that Carson's support is in part because he's black. Some might argue they support him in an effort to disprove racist allegations.

I don't get Carson. He doesn't say things that seem brilliant, nor does he come off as a good leader. He seems like he's half asleep.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:20 AM

That's what del posted. It's not tongue in cheek. It's not criticism of conservatives. It's a direct statement about Carson. Carson is....

Common Sense
11-03-2015, 09:20 AM
That's what del posted. It's not tongue in cheek. It's not criticism of conservatives. It's a direct statement about Carson. Carson is....

..."the right's lawn jockey".

It's an allegation towards the right.

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:22 AM
So if someone on the right repeat Rush it's wrong but someone on the left does it's OK?

Even if it was tongue in cheek it was racist.

What Murdock said was not racist at all.

(There's a warning up to stop discussing members. Stick to topic and what's posted, please.)

Um...I was just answering a direct question.

Matty
11-03-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't think what Del said was racist. It's an accusation towards conservatives that Carson's support is in part because he's black. Some might argue they support him in an effort to disprove racist allegations.

I don't get Carson. He doesn't say things that seem brilliant, nor does he come off as a good leader. He seems like he's half asleep.

That is racist. So on one hand conservatives are slapped with you love Carson only because he's black accusation and then yesterday it was the
you hate Obama because he's black accusations.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:23 AM
And this is what exo posted:

Carson is conservatisms' magic n*gro ... LOL

It's the same thing as what del posted.

The left seems to love to call conservative blacks Uncle Toms.

And it's excused.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Um...I was just answering a direct question.

Stick to what's posted, not your opinion of any member. I'm trying to be friendly about this.

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:25 AM
Carson addressed what Murdock said. What Murdock said was not racist.

Oldest fallacy in the book is ambiguity, switching from "racist" to "racial" is an example.

....asking how Carson can address the plight of the "black community" which you say Murdoch was asking, is ambiguous? Especially when it's on record here at tPF of people calling Obama racist AND racial for speaking about the black community and providing personal input on his life as a black person?

Seriously? C'mon.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:25 AM
..."the right's lawn jockey".

It's an allegation towards the right.

I like how you elide Carson from the statement. Carson was the subject. The right merely an adjective.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:26 AM
....asking how Carson can address the plight of the "black community" which you say Murdoch was asking, is ambiguous? Especially when it's on record here at tPF of people calling Obama racist AND racial for speaking about the black community and providing personal input on his life as a black person?

Seriously? C'mon.

Miss that somehow?

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:27 AM
And this is what exo posted:

It's the same thing as what del posted.

The left seems to love to call conservative blacks Uncle Toms.

And it's excused.

I'll ask again, when has anyone on the right (didn't say GOP, so we are clear) address anytime a conservative used the "white guilt lib" term? It is one of the same.

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:27 AM

Miss that somehow?

So, a non-answer?

Safety
11-03-2015, 09:32 AM

He was a token.

Affirmative action.

1/2.

Obumer published nothing in the Law Review while he was editor.

The guilt ridden white Harvards were proud of themselves but they elected a dud.

And this gets no response because conservatives said it?

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:35 AM
And this gets no response because conservatives said it?

It gets no response from me because I do not see it. I read perhaps 5% of the threads and perhaps 5% of the posts in those threads.

I would say Mac's post is the same as del's and exo's. The aim is to cast a black as an Uncle Tom. Same as Justice Thomas is often called.

I still see no explanation of how what Murdock said was racist.

Chris
11-03-2015, 09:36 AM
So, a non-answer?

Ask a question without distorting what I posted.