PDA

View Full Version : Left-wing Hypocrisy

GrassrootsConservative
11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
So I thought of something recently and thought I'd come and ask this, I'll be back on a couple times in the near future to see if anyone has offered a decent answer that I can debate, but:

How come whenever someone talks about Jeb Bush their only talking point is that he is the brother of one of the most hated presidents in recent history and that's why we shouldn't vote for him, but whenever the same group of crackpots talks about Hillary Clinton they never bring up the fact that she is the wife of the man that lead THE BIGGEST sex scandal in American history, his presidency was even cut short by it?

All the way at the top, the most powerful position in the American government, a sex scandal, and everyone sweeps it under the rug when they talk about the still-married wife trying to run for president, on top of all the completely legitimate criticism you can judge her on that you can't judge Jeb Bush on.

Note, I'm not at all a Jeb Bush supporter as I don't like any Left-wing big-government types, Republican or Democrat, but I've been wondering this as of lately.

I'm assuming Hillary Clinton is not yet in jail. If she is this thread is going to look silly, but I haven't been keeping up with politics because the people I am trying to persuade are stubborn fucking oxen that wouldn't know a bad presidential candidate if they happened to be the still-married wife of a man that is a cheater, possibly a rapist, had committed perjury, and couldn't complete his term anyway.

valley ranch
11-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Jeb and Hillary should run together, not for public office, just run away together.

maineman
11-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Clinton's presidency wasn't cut short by anything. he served two complete terms in office.

Jeb Bush has doubled down, not just on his brother's name, but his legacy. Most people who dislike Dubya do so because of his blundering in taking us to war in Iraq. Jeb Bush has applauded that effort.

As the OP suggests, your dislike of Bill Clinton has to do mainly with his infidelity. Hillary, in no way applauds that behavior.

Tahuyaman
11-03-2015, 11:48 AM
So I thought of something recently and thought I'd come and ask this, I'll be back on a couple times in the near future to see if anyone has offered a decent answer that I can debate, but:

How come whenever someone talks about Jeb Bush their only talking point is that he is the brother of one of the most hated presidents in recent history and that's why we shouldn't vote for him, but whenever the same group of crackpots talks about Hillary Clinton they never bring up the fact that she is the wife of the man that lead THE BIGGEST sex scandal in American history, his presidency was even cut short by it?

All the way at the top, the most powerful position in the American government, a sex scandal, and everyone sweeps it under the rug when they talk about the still-married wife trying to run for president, on top of all the completely legitimate criticism you can judge her on that you can't judge Jeb Bush on.

Note, I'm not at all a Jeb Bush supporter as I don't like any Left-wing big-government types, Republican or Democrat, but I've been wondering this as of lately.

I'm assuming Hillary Clinton is not yet in jail. If she is this thread is going to look silly, but I haven't been keeping up with politics because the people I am trying to persuade are stubborn $#@!ing oxen that wouldn't know a bad presidential candidate if they happened to be the still-married wife of a man that is a cheater, possibly a rapist, had committed perjury, and couldn't complete his term anyway.

You're not going to receive a coherent answer to that from anyone on the left.

people base their political support of a candidate on various things.

Some people support or oppose a candidate based on nothing other than party affiliation. Those people can oppose a candidate even if they agree with him on a majority of issues if he's a member of the wrong political party. Those people are referred to as partisan hacks.

Some people base their vote on the personality of the candidate. Their specific stances on the issues is secondary. Those people are usually uninformed, simple minded types.

There are those who are single issue voters. With them, that single issue is usually abortion. They can be on either side of that one. A very small minority are extreme environmental whack-o's though.

Then there are those who base their support on imaginary things. They claim a candidate says things he or she did not say, of stands for things he or she never advocated.

Cletus
11-03-2015, 12:30 PM
As the OP suggests, your dislike of Bill Clinton has to do mainly with his infidelity. Hillary, in no way applauds that behavior.

She should. It got her into the Senate.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Unless you live in a cave in Siberia, and have for YEARS, you know who Hillary is married to. Why are yall acting like its some big secret? As for Jeb, his last name is fairly well known....unless you live in a cave in Siberia. The Bush family history shouldnt be a factor in Jeb's running unless he himself has done some shady stuff.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 12:51 PM

I'm assuming Hillary Clinton is not yet in jail. If she is this thread is going to look silly, but I haven't been keeping up with politics because the people I am trying to persuade are stubborn fucking oxen that wouldn't know a bad presidential candidate if they happened to be the still-married wife of a man that is a cheater, possibly a rapist, had committed perjury, and couldn't complete his term anyway.
Oh, and just so you can be better informed...Id say JFK's blatant cheating should have tainted his image...plus his wife's, but for some reason it doesnt. That was just as big a scandal.

hanger4
11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Oh, and just so you can be better informed...Id say JFK's blatant cheating should have tainted his image...plus his wife's, but for some reason it doesnt. That was just as big a scandal.

In the case of JFK, it's not as if it was being reported and nobody cared: nobody was reporting it.

Matty
11-03-2015, 01:12 PM
In the case of JFK, it's not as if it was being reported and nobody cared: nobody was reporting it.

Correct. They were actively covering for him.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Nobody cared? I bet Jackie did. And how on Gods green earth does that make it okay? Isnt that the epitome of hypocrisy?

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:15 PM

Whats hilarious is you two basically excusing him. Sad, really. A cheater is a cheater.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:18 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646535/Exclusive-I-spending-rest-life-Jack-Kennedy-Jackie-wanted-divorce-serial-cheating-husband-Marilyn-Monroe-straw.html

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:20 PM
http://www.newrepublic.com/blog/timothy-noah/100566/jfk-monster

hanger4
11-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Nobody cared? I bet Jackie did. And how on Gods green earth does that make it okay? Isnt that the epitome of hypocrisy?
Never said nobody cared, I said it wasn't being reported so those outside the political circles, which is most people, didn't know about it.

hanger4
11-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Whats hilarious is you two basically excusing him. Sad, really. A cheater is a cheater.

Who said anything about excusing him ?? All I did was post the the way of polys and reporters of that time period.

Matty
11-03-2015, 01:30 PM

What good does excusing him do? He and Jackie are both dead. So is Marilyn

hanger4
11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2646535/Exclusive-I-spending-rest-life-Jack-Kennedy-Jackie-wanted-divorce-serial-cheating-husband-Marilyn-Monroe-straw.html

http://www.newrepublic.com/blog/timothy-noah/100566/jfk-monster
You links about book/s about events that happened over 50 years ago make my point. Thanks.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:33 PM

Never said nobody cared, I said it wasn't being reported so those outside the political circles, which is most people, didn't know about it.
Say what? And yes, most did know. That doesnt negate what i said either. That IS the epitome of hypocrisy.

Matty
11-03-2015, 01:33 PM
I basically said people covered for him. If you think that is excusing him there's a problem.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:34 PM
You links about book/s about events that happened over 50 years ago make my point. Thanks.

So, its in THE PAST so it doesnt mean anything? Thanks for making my point clear.

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Well, in the first place, Clinton didn't have the BIGGEST sex scandal. Newt Gingrich did and he resigned his Speaker of the House because of it. So . . .

But Jeb Bush has his own reputation for destroying the economy of Florida and so not everyone sees his brother in HIS political background as Governor.

Matty
11-03-2015, 01:35 PM

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:37 PM
What good does excusing him do? He and Jackie are both dead. So is Marilyn

And? It still happened, right? Way to epitomize hypocrisy.

And what good does excusing him do? You tell me. YOURE the one doing it.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Well, in the first place, Clinton didn't have the BIGGEST sex scandal. Newt Gingrich did and he resigned his Speaker of the House because of it. So . . .

But Jeb Bush has his own reputation for destroying the economy of Florida and so not everyone sees his brother in HIS political background as Governor.

Maybe the biggest sex scandal people bitched about (and still are) but not the biggest ever.

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:40 PM

What does sex have to do with running a country? Wouldn't it be more in line with NOT being able to run a country if you have all this Super PAC money from Saudi Arabia, Wall Street and foreign corporations?

Matty
11-03-2015, 01:41 PM

Sure did, he was a democrat out messing around just like Clinton.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Sure did, he was a democrat out messing around just like Clinton.

Woopty fuck. I never mentioned party affiliation.

If that makes you feel better about excusing his fucking around...thats on you.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:44 PM
What does sex have to do with running a country? Wouldn't it be more in line with NOT being able to run a country if you have all this Super PAC money from Saudi Arabia, Wall Street and foreign corporations?
Dont ask me. Ask the ones bitching about tge sex HER HUSBAND had in the past...yet excusing JFK. All i did was point it out.

nic34
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM

I think some folks would rather have the country be run by zealot nutbags like those in KSA....

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:48 PM
No, the biggest scandal to date. He attacked Clinton while screwing around on his wife. That's the biggest scandal and HYPOCRISY to date.

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
I think some folks would rather have the country be run by zealot nutbags like those in KSA....

What is the KSA?

nic34
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM

I'm assuming Hillary Clinton is not yet in jail. If she is this thread is going to look silly, but I haven't been keeping up with politics because the people I am trying to persuade are stubborn $#@!ing oxen that wouldn't know a bad presidential candidate if they happened to be the still-married wife of a man that is a cheater, possibly a rapist, had committed perjury, and couldn't complete his term anyway.

Bill = guilty of sex scandal. No lives lost.

Dubya = guilty of taking us to a useless war in Iraq. Thousands lost.

You figure it out.

nic34
11-03-2015, 01:51 PM
What is the KSA?

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Ah. Thanks. Yeah, they want to impose their own Sharia law. Too bad they haven't figured out their candidates have been given money by Saudi Arabia. In which case, the teabagging republicans will push for Sharia law and to heck with their political cult anti-constitutional dogmas.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:53 PM
No, the biggest scandal to date. He attacked Clinton while screwing around on his wife. That's the biggest scandal and HYPOCRISY to date.
Who attacked Clinton?

Bob the Slob
11-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Who attacked Clinton?

Gingrich and the entire republican party. And he played so nice with them being a neoliberal like W and all.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Gingrich and the entire republican party. And he played so nice with them being a neoliberal like W and all.
Oh, hes a lying cheater too...just like JFK.

Matty
11-03-2015, 02:00 PM
And Clinton. It rubbed off on his wifey too.

silvereyes
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM
And Clinton. It rubbed off on his wifey too.
Care to point out where i EVER said Clinton was not a cheater? Plus, howd it rub off on Hil? Did she cheat...cuz we KNOW the "classy" Jackie did.

Oh, the way you say wifey says VOLUMES.

Matty
11-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Lying she's lying.

midcan5
11-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Blow jobs in the oval office don't compare to an illegal - trumped up - invasion of a sovereign nation last I checked. You'll need to explain why blow jobs constitute a sex scandal? Seems that is between two people neither of which are you. And America is not judging Jeb on his brother, it is the republicans who are doing that as they run from a failed presidency. This sort of twisted thinking is why the right has such poor candidates and a circus in the congress. It's time the right stopped blaming the 'imaginary left' a foe of their imagination, and that mean MSM and started looking more closely at their candidates and their lack of commonsense policies.

Matty
11-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Democrats! How many thousands of time need it be explained? It wasn't the blow job. It was the lying under oath. He was dis barred remember.

hanger4
11-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Let's start this over. JFK's infidelities weren't a political scandal because they weren't being reported. It's scandalous now because we know about them and have for 30 years or more. To say I'm being hypocritical is silly. I only stated a fact of the times. JFK was one of the last presidents to live during an age when private vices were kept private. If JFK, being the same man, ran today he won't get out of the gate. Very few if any would donate to a man with his sexual proclivities.

Subdermal
11-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Blow jobs in the oval office don't compare to an illegal - trumped up - invasion of a sovereign nation last I checked. You'll need to explain why blow jobs constitute a sex scandal? Seems that is between two people neither of which are you. And America is not judging Jeb on his brother, it is the republicans who are doing that as they run from a failed presidency. This sort of twisted thinking is why the right has such poor candidates and a circus in the congress. It's time the right stopped blaming the 'imaginary left' a foe of their imagination, and that mean MSM and started looking more closely at their candidates and their lack of commonsense policies.

I really need to hear how you define a sex scandal, if you cannot bring yourself to identify a sitting and married President getting a hummer from an intern - in the Oval Office, while he conducted the country's business - a 'sex scandal'.

You may as well eliminate the term - if you want to speak of 'common sense policies'. :rolleyes:

valley ranch
11-03-2015, 04:35 PM
What has all this got to do with Hilarious wanting to be our president.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I liked Kennedy, I voted for him, I was disappointed when he called of the air cover for the Cubans that went back to free their home. He should have called off the landing rather than leave them on the beach without support. We were going to take out the planes on the ground, so they couldn't be use to bomb and strafed.
By the time he gave that speech in Berlin he had learned something. I never voted for a Democrat again.

GrassrootsConservative
11-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Nothing decent so far. I'm not holding my breath. Going out for the night.

Common Sense
11-03-2015, 05:22 PM
There's really nothing accurate in the OP, so how is one supposed to react?

Tahuyaman
11-03-2015, 05:23 PM
She should. It got her into the Senate.

Actually Hillary condoned it and supported Bill Clinton when he was being exposed. She came up with the "bimbo eruption" defense.

She was developing and managing the character assassinations being conducted against the women Bill Clinton victimized.

The Sage of Main Street
11-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Clinton's presidency wasn't cut short by anything. he served two complete terms in office.

Jeb Bush has doubled down, not just on his brother's name, but his legacy. Most people who dislike Dubya do so because of his blundering in taking us to war in Iraq. Jeb Bush has applauded that effort.

JEB! and MARCO! were once like Batman and Robin. But at the last debate, Rubio stole the keys to Jebbie's Batmobile and peeled out

hanger4
11-03-2015, 06:46 PM
There's really nothing accurate in the OP, so how is one supposed to react?
Riiiiiiiight CS. Bill Clinton never had any affairs and Hillary divorced him years ago. :rollseyes:

Matty
11-03-2015, 06:53 PM

donttread
11-03-2015, 07:57 PM

Possibly because while Bill was a skirt chasing joke in a lot of ways he got less people killed and balanced a budget or two.

Peter1469
11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Unless you live in a cave in Siberia, and have for YEARS, you know who Hillary is married to. Why are yall acting like its some big secret? As for Jeb, his last name is fairly well known....unless you live in a cave in Siberia. The Bush family history shouldnt be a factor in Jeb's running unless he himself has done some shady stuff.

His dad was in Dallas on November 22, 1963.

hanger4
11-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Possibly because while Bill was a skirt chasing joke in a lot of ways he got less people killed and balanced a budget or two.

Bill Clinton never submitted a balanced budget.

domer76
11-03-2015, 08:18 PM

The difference is, that despite Bill's stiff dick, he was a competent President. GW completely incompetent. But I don't measure Jeb by his dufus brother.

Peter1469
11-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Bill Clinton was lucky with a relatively speaking peaceful time in history.

hanger4
11-03-2015, 08:27 PM
And Newt Gingrich to handle his finances. :grin:

donttread
11-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Bill Clinton never submitted a balanced budget.

Budgets were balanced under his adnim, so if the pres gets the blame then the pres gets the cred

donttread
11-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Was he? Or did Bush create a war where none need be and did Obama keep two of them running far too long?

hanger4
11-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Budgets were balanced under his adnim, so if the pres gets the blame then the pres gets the credNo the budget was balanced under the tutelage of the House of Representatives.

donttread
11-03-2015, 08:59 PM
No the budget was balanced under the tutelage of the House of Representatives.

Then the HOR is to blame for our current debt, not Bush and Obama?

hanger4
11-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Then the HOR is to blame for our current debt, not Bush and Obama?What budgets did Obama submit ??And mostly yes the HoR is to blame.

Peter1469
11-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Was he? Or did Bush create a war where none need be and did Obama keep two of them running far too long?

donttread
11-04-2015, 06:25 AM
What budgets did Obama submit ??And mostly yes the HoR is to blame.

Fair enough. It's like the quarterback getting all the glory or all the blame for what 11 guys get done. Or in our case what 537? Luckily there is plenty of blame to go around. Look how far we have fallen in just 15 years.

donttread
11-04-2015, 06:28 AM

But he also did not deliberately go out of his way to shatter that peace. It's hard to reap the benefits of a" peaceful time in history" when you start a whole war without just cause and then stay there for a decade anyway

hanger4
11-04-2015, 07:14 AM
But he also did not deliberately go out of his way to shatter that peace. It's hard to reap the benefits of a" peaceful time in history" when you start a whole war without just cause and then stay there for a decade anywayYeah I know, Saddam and al Qaeda didn't have anything to do with it. :rollseyes:

donttread
11-04-2015, 07:31 AM
Yeah I know, Saddam and al Qaeda didn't have anything to do with it. :rollseyes:

Saddam didn't. Wrong Muslim pissed off by our imperialist actions but it's easy to see how you would get confused as we've pissed off so many Muslims with our imperialist actions

hanger4
11-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Saddam didn't. Wrong Muslim pissed off by our imperialist actions but it's easy to see how you would get confused as we've pissed off so many Muslims with our imperialist actions
You seem to be believer in that leftist meme that ties Saddam to 9/11. You need to read the Iraqi war resolution. Two different wars, different set of reasons.

maineman
11-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Yeah I know, Saddam and al Qaeda didn't have anything to do with it. :rollseyes:

Cheney certainly suggested otherwise about Saddam's and AQ's collusion prior to 9/11. Or did you forget that little lie about the meeting in Prague?

silvereyes
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM

Hooey. Hes been on Fox.

Tahuyaman
11-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Actually, it's kind of interesting to watch people try to revise history.

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Had we known I think the reaction would have been the same as against Clinton.

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2015, 11:32 AM

Except for that pesky aspirin factory

Tahuyaman
11-04-2015, 11:43 AM

didn't the attack on that aspirin factory kill the janitor?

silvereyes
11-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Id like to think so but they were and are considered american royalty. Look what happened when I brought it up. Sad.

hanger4
11-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Cheney certainly suggested otherwise about Saddam's and AQ's collusion prior to 9/11. Or did you forget that little lie about the meeting in Prague?

Fine, then maybe you can show us where in the Iraq War Resolution it say Saddam conspired with al Qaeda to pull off 9/11 ??

Matty
11-04-2015, 01:38 PM

True, then of course he was assassinated and became an icon in American history. Jackie's every move and mood was scrutinized. The love affair ended when she married Onasis, re kindled with John John, died again when he did.

maineman
11-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Fine, then maybe you can show us where in the Iraq War Resolution it say Saddam conspired with al Qaeda to pull off 9/11 ??

it never needed to. the innuendo just needed to be put out there to scare everyone.... it worked. Saddam's got stockpiles of WMD's. Saddam was in cahoots with the 9/11 hijackers... we must attack Saddam NOW. Classic misleading... and none other than our own leader did it to us.

The Sage of Main Street
11-04-2015, 03:06 PM
His dad was in Dallas on November 22, 1963. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the real Deep Throat. Why should we believe the guy who claimed he was, even if Woodward and Bernstein verified it?

The Sage of Main Street
11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Not imperialist enough. The Muslims don't deserve any share in the planet's oil resources.

hanger4
11-04-2015, 03:22 PM
it never needed to. the innuendo just needed to be put out there to scare everyone.... it worked. Saddam's got stockpiles of WMD's. Saddam was in cahoots with the 9/11 hijackers... we must attack Saddam NOW. Classic misleading... and none other than our own leader did it to us.
Innuendo wasn't given to the Congress-criters, just the Resolution and the corroborating intel.

donttread
11-04-2015, 03:28 PM
You seem to be believer in that leftist meme that ties Saddam to 9/11. You need to read the Iraqi war resolution. Two different wars, different set of reasons.

Trumped up reasons. In actuality I believe he was going to commit the sin of trading oil in non-American dollars

Ransom
11-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Trumped up reasons. In actuality I believe he was going to commit the sin of trading oil in non-American dollars

Why am I not surprised you'd adorn a thread titled Left-wing hypocrisy?

Found your calling in this thread. :biglaugh:

Peter1469
11-04-2015, 06:49 PM

Wag the dog to distract from impeachment.

Peter1469
11-04-2015, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was the real Deep Throat. Why should we believe the guy who claimed he was, even if Woodward and Bernstein verified it?

When you sober up, respond to my quote.

The Sage of Main Street
11-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Trumped up reasons. In actuality I believe he was going to commit the sin of trading oil in non-American dollars In both wars against Saddam, he was punished for producing oil beyond his OPEC quotas, thereby lowering the profit margins of the American and British oil companies. Our transnationalist petrocrats had created OPEC for the specific purpose of piggybacking off its price-gouging and being able to blame foreigners for it.