PDA

View Full Version : Nice sales angle Ford

donttread
11-03-2015, 08:57 PM
I was driving home tonight and heard a Ford truck bragged about their "heated steering wheel". Way to win the testosterone based truck ad game Ford. Around here you don't even bother wearing gloves to drive unless it's seriously below zero. Fucking pussification of America!

Private Pickle
11-03-2015, 09:10 PM
I was driving home tonight and heard a Ford truck bragged about their "heated steering wheel". Way to win the testosterone based truck ad game Ford. Around here you don't even bother wearing gloves to drive unless it's seriously below zero. Fucking pussification of America!

Question: Have you ever driven with a heated steering wheel? Because they are simply delightful. I mean heaven.

Especially if you're hauling lumber in -40. Or if your goose hunting and it's -20 and the beers ran out you run to the ford and warm your hands...not on your testicles which is common practice rather on the wheel of a ford which directs steering. It's just like cats and dogs finally finding love.

donttread
11-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Question: Have you ever driven with a heated steering wheel? Because they are simply delightful. I mean heaven.

Especially if you're hauling lumber in -40. Or if your goose hunting and it's -20 and the beers ran out you run to the ford and warm your hands...not on your testicles which is common practice rather on the wheel of a ford which directs steering. It's just like cats and dogs finally finding love.

LOL. I haven't drank in a very long time bit I'm pretty sure you'd want Brandy not beer. Outside of that it sounds like any ole January weekend

Common
11-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Heated steering wheel doesnt interest me in the least, maybe in alaska its a good idea

Peter1469
11-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Never was something that occurred to me.

Private Pickle
11-03-2015, 09:29 PM
LOL. I haven't drank in a very long time bit I'm pretty sure you'd want Brandy not beer. Outside of that it sounds like any ole January weekend

Brandy or any hard liquor makes you retarded in the first hour. Nah. Keep that even, low grade buzz going and the temperature matters less and less. We sat in a blind last December on the Nebraska border (where they filmed Dances With Wolves) and it was about 10 degrees out. We averaged about 2 beers per hour each, stayed for 12 hours and got 43 Snow Geese. We turned them into the best jalapeņo jerky you've ever had. I still have about 3 lbs. left.

Private Pickle
11-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Heated steering wheel doesnt interest me in the least, maybe in alaska its a good idea

Look...some older people have circulatory issues. Now throw into the mix who the ad is targeting. These guys are up at 4 and go to sleep at 8. They work all day and in the worst conditions. To me, a heated steering wheel after 12 hours in an open tractor could quite possibly be the best part of my day depending on my wife.

Just sayin.

Common
11-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Look...some older people have circulatory issues. Now throw into the mix who the ad is targeting. These guys are up at 4 and go to sleep at 8. They work all day and in the worst conditions. To me, a heated steering wheel after 12 hours in an open tractor could quite possibly be the best part of my day depending on my wife.

Just sayin.

I didnt say you couldnt like it lol, I said it doesnt interest me, if someone wants it fine. My problem is they bundle alll that shit together and you get stuck with stuff you never use and never wanted but you pay for it

Private Pickle
11-03-2015, 10:08 PM
I didnt say you couldnt like it lol, I said it doesnt interest me, if someone wants it fine. My problem is they bundle alll that shit together and you get stuck with stuff you never use and never wanted but you pay for it

So bro...there is an art to buying and selling anything. Especially cars.

Story: I'm in IT sales. Been doing it for 15 years. For 4 of those years I taught sales in general.

I wanted to buy a Triumph Thruxton 990cc motorcycle. Sweet bike. I wait until November and I wander into the store. I sit on the bike and am looking at it and the sales guy comes over. He asks me if I'm interested and I tell him I am but if the sticker price is correct. He assures me it is and then I ask him if that includes jacket and a helmet.

Supervisor instantly walks over. I ask him the same question and in a rather indignant answer he assures me that the price on the bike is correct sans extras.

I thank him and tell him I saw an ad at his competitors shop that was $1,500 less (I never looked, I just made it up) so I was curious as to why the price delta and if they included extras or anything. He changed his demeanor instantly and said that he could match the $1,500 offer off the MSRP. I smiled inwardly. We walked to his desk where I told him I wasn't convinced because I understood that accessories came as a standard (I know they don't). He was a British guy and stated only "wankers" think that. That was my opening. I asked if I could use his phone and he obliged. I went over and called my Dad. I told my Dad that I was making the guy sweat thinking I was calling his competition and we had a short laugh about it.

Then I walked back to the dealer and said "Thanks but no thanks" while extending my hand for a shake. He refused to take my hand stating "Well obviously you found yourself a better deal". I withdrew my shake, smiled at him and then extended my hand to the original salesman who took it and bid me a good day.

As I turned around the supervisor then offered me $1,000 over cost, a helmet and a jacket. I happily and eagerly accepted, which I think threw him off, and then asked for the original salesman to get the commission.

It's all about if your balls clank.

donttread
11-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Brandy or any hard liquor makes you retarded in the first hour. Nah. Keep that even, low grade buzz going and the temperature matters less and less. We sat in a blind last December on the Nebraska border (where they filmed Dances With Wolves) and it was about 10 degrees out. We averaged about 2 beers per hour each, stayed for 12 hours and got 43 Snow Geese. We turned them into the best jalapeņo jerky you've ever had. I still have about 3 lbs. left.

Never drink and hunt. Besides have you seen what happens to low alcohol content beverages like beer at -30? Beer sluhsy

nathanbforrest45
11-04-2015, 10:14 AM
I don't have a heated steering wheel in my car but it would be nice to have. At 71 my hands do get achy when the temps are low. If I don't have on gloves steering is somewhat of a chore until the car heats up. If my car had come with a heated wheel I would have gladly taken it (its a 2015 Hyundai Sonata). I did get the heated seats so I just sit on one hand at a time when the car is cold.

Why wouldn't you want to be as comfortable as possible while driving? If you think that makes you look weak then get rid of your heater and your windows or better yet, just ride a motorcycle in the winter.

silvereyes
11-04-2015, 01:36 PM
What about heated seats? Do they count as pussified? lol

Crepitus
11-04-2015, 03:11 PM
It's not the pussification of America, It'd the pussification of Ford! Which already sucked anyway so who cares.

donttread
11-04-2015, 03:19 PM

In a truck, yes.

donttread
11-04-2015, 03:21 PM
I don't have a heated steering wheel in my car but it would be nice to have. At 71 my hands do get achy when the temps are low. If I don't have on gloves steering is somewhat of a chore until the car heats up. If my car had come with a heated wheel I would have gladly taken it (its a 2015 Hyundai Sonata). I did get the heated seats so I just sit on one hand at a time when the car is cold.

Why wouldn't you want to be as comfortable as possible while driving? If you think that makes you look weak then get rid of your heater and your windows or better yet, just ride a motorcycle in the winter.

This post wasn't meant to be too serious

silvereyes
11-04-2015, 03:52 PM
Lol, i have a female friend who drives a truck with heated everything.

donttread
11-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Remote car starter probably tiim eh?

PolWatch
11-04-2015, 07:45 PM
If I lived in an area that had really cold weather, you can bet your bippy I would want heated everything! As Nathan pointed out, some of us have things like arthritis that would benefit from heated steering wheels....no matter what the vehicle is.

Peter1469
11-04-2015, 08:44 PM

Heated seats work well on my f'ed up lumbar.

Mac-7
11-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Ford is getting a lot of attention for the aluminum body F-150.

Nssan has the diesal engine for the Titan.

Toyota and Obama Motors need to step it up.