PDA

View Full Version : imagine what tough questions would sound like at a Democratic debate

texan
11-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Mr. McGurn imagines what tough questions would sound like at a Democratic debate: “Mrs. Clinton, back in the 1990s your husband concluded the North American Free Trade Agreement... and embraced welfare reform and cuts in capital gains taxes... Today you are running on a pro-tax, pro-regulation, pro-spending platform that is almost the opposite of your husband’s economic record. If his policies worked so well in the 1990s, why are you running against them today?”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-question-debate-moderators-should-ask-hillary-1446553573

Dr. Who
11-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Not a Hillary supporter, but why should she be her husband's mini me?

hanger4
11-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Better question; why would she replace/refute polices Dems take credit for during Bill Clintons addmin. ??

texan
11-04-2015, 10:55 AM

What he said and she is the first one to whip out Bill when needed as a great success story. If you can't catch the irony in this I can't help you.

zelmo1234
11-04-2015, 11:02 AM

Because he was successful and the policies she supports are 180 degrees from what he did to produce a thriving economy.

Why would that not be a fair question? She certainly is running on the Clinton Name, so Clinton policy should be part of the debate.

Or look at it this way, Hillary would not even be a candidate for the presidency if not for the successful Bill Clinton Presidency.

texan
11-04-2015, 03:38 PM
None of the libtards in the world want to deal with this one.

Philly
11-06-2015, 08:25 AM
Bill Clinton's policies largely contributed to the circumstances that led to the economic collapse in 08, and she would pick up where he left. She should have to address this.

Philly
11-06-2015, 10:26 PM
None of the libtards in the world want to deal with this one.
Well I'm one of those "libtards" you speak of and I had something to say about it. As you may see above though, I have quite the opposite premise, but one that is nonetheless critical of Former Secretary Clinton.

In my opinion, Bill Clinton's economic policies did not deliver us prosperity (the prosperity during his presidency was due to technological innovation and other forces that no president of either party could have had much influence over). But he did preside over a period of great prosperity in America, and as you give a nod to, he used this prosperity as an opportunity to embrace deregulation, particularly in the financial sector. The result was not immediate, but by the time his successor left office, the consequences were apparent. Large financial institutions had become so big and consolidated, with so much of the economy intertwined to themselves, that when their irresponsible decisions threatened their viability, the entire economy atrophied in the most dramatic fashion since the Great Depression.

As for Hillary Clinton, it's quite apparent that she has no intention of approaching these issues any differently than Bill did. The Bill Clinton economic record is only impressive if you look at the results while he was in office, and not the after-effects. So when Hillary Clinton invokes his record, she should be called upon to explain why she could possibly still consider it a good record with the perspective that time has given us.

Cigar
11-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Mr. McGurn imagines what tough questions would sound like at a Democratic debate: “Mrs. Clinton, back in the 1990s your husband concluded the North American Free Trade Agreement... and embraced welfare reform and cuts in capital gains taxes... Today you are running on a pro-tax, pro-regulation, pro-spending platform that is almost the opposite of your husband’s economic record. If his policies worked so well in the 1990s, why are you running against them today?”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-question-debate-moderators-should-ask-hillary-1446553573

I remember March 9th, 2009, my Aniversery and I was in Las Vegas with my wife. I remember the look on peoples faces on the day the Stock Market hit Rock Bottom.

So Tex, tell me, have you had any more days like that day since March 9th 2009? :grin: