PDA

View Full Version : Another Gotcha Question!

Cigar
11-04-2015, 08:52 PM
http://media.cagle.com/139/2015/11/03/170985_600.jpg

But perhaps it has its most resonance because of its use by the disastrously ill-equipped Republican vice presidential candidate, who repeatedly used the phrase as an excuse for her train wreck interviews.

Gotcha questions have come to mean any question one doesn’t want to answer, any question whose answer would or could reveal something unflattering. In a way, a question is simply a question and only becomes a gotcha if you, the answerer, feel convicted and unsettled by it. Gotcha is in the mind — and spine — of the interviewee.

Carson simply wasn’t prepared for the Mannatech question and wasn’t completely honest in the answer. If that is gotcha journalism, I’m here for it “every day of the week and twice on Sunday,” to borrow a phrase from Mike Huckabee.

This is not to say that the debate wasn’t a bit of a mess. It was. Nor is it to say that some of the questions weren’t questionable. They were. But questions that seek clarification of a candidate’s past are fair.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/02/opinion/gotcha-gop.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=opinion-

https://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/11230585_10153717107726880_1582435481909578085_n.j pg

birddog
11-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I watched the entire debate. The Republicans handled the idiotic liberal CNBC people very well! In fact, the libs united the Republicans and actually caused a big victory for them.

When are the dims going to have a debate with conservative questioners? Hmmm, the dims are the real cowardly crybabies!

del
11-04-2015, 08:58 PM
you should let the dog post

hanger4
11-04-2015, 08:59 PM
"This is not to say that the debate wasn’t a bit of a mess. It was. Nor is it to say that some of the questions weren’t questionable. They were. ......... Gotcha :grin:

Cigar
11-04-2015, 09:03 PM
I watched the entire debate. The Republicans handled the idiotic liberal CNBC people very well! In fact, the libs united the Republicans and actually caused a big victory for them.

When are the dims going to have a debate with conservative questioners? Hmmm, the dims are the real cowardly crybabies!

Moderators Voting Record was never an issue until last week ... :biglaugh:

So tell me, what exactly would a Republicans President do? Hide under the Oval Office Desk Skirt for a full term? :laugh:

Cigar
11-04-2015, 09:05 PM
"This is not to say that the debate wasn’t a bit of a mess. It was. Nor is it to say that some of the questions weren’t questionable. They were. ......... Gotcha :grin:

Looks like Hillary has no problem ... maybe they should get their shot of Estrogen before the debate. :biglaugh:

Of maybe it was just that time of the Week for them ... :grin:

Chris
11-04-2015, 09:07 PM
Gotcha, just another way to avoid discussion of issues.

Gypsy
11-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Gotcha questions have come to mean any question one doesn’t want to answer, any question whose answer would or could reveal something unflattering. In a way, a question is simply a question and only becomes a gotcha if you, the answerer, feel convicted and unsettled by it. Gotcha is in the mind — and spine — of the interviewee.

Totally agree with this.

hanger4
11-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Looks like Hillary has no problem ... maybe they should get their shot of Estrogen before the debate. :biglaugh:

Of maybe it was just that time of the Week for them ... :grin:
When was that Democratic debate on FoxNews again ??

birddog
11-04-2015, 09:31 PM
Moderators Voting Record was never an issue until last week ... :biglaugh:

So tell me, what exactly would a Republicans President do? Hide under the Oval Office Desk Skirt for a full term? :laugh:

Your trolling is not accurate, not is it amusing.

birddog
11-04-2015, 09:33 PM
you should let the dog post

He is unquestionably smarter than you are! :rollseyes:

Cigar
11-04-2015, 09:58 PM
When was that Democratic debate on FoxNews again ??

When was that Democrat complaining about Questions from a Democrat or Republican?

... and I'm sure Fox News Megyn Kelly is a card carrying Obama supporting Democrat.

Try again sport. :laugh:

hanger4
11-04-2015, 10:12 PM
When was that Democrat complaining about Questions from a Democrat or Republican?

... and I'm sure Fox News Megyn Kelly is a card carrying Obama supporting Democrat.

Try again sport. :laugh:
I see the point flew right over your head. When will the Dem candidates hold a debate on FoxNews ??

del
11-04-2015, 10:13 PM
He is unquestionably smarter than you are! :rollseyes:

you misspelled *i am*

tighten up, buckwheat

Peter1469
11-04-2015, 10:16 PM
The moderators were throughly thrashed.

But the American people were denied real substance. The "media" in the US is dead and really don't merit their Constitutional protections. They are tools for the DNC and ought to be ignored.

del
11-04-2015, 10:17 PM
lol

Peter1469
11-04-2015, 10:17 PM
agree

lol

Mister D
11-04-2015, 10:20 PM
agree

lol

Not sure if I should laugh or cry watching people defend that behavior.

birddog
11-05-2015, 10:48 AM
you misspelled *i am*

tighten up, buckwheat

Nope, my spelling was perfect. Try reading some books, watching documentaries, reading intelligent people's posts like mine, and you may pull your IQ up to room temperature level. :grin: