PDA

View Full Version : oceanloverOH

Dr. Who
11-05-2015, 09:08 PM
I regret to advise that our good friend Ocean has passed away. Many of you will remember her as someone who loved to cook and share recipes. She was a kind and considerate soul who loved humor and friendship. She was also a Mod on this forum for a time and a wonderful person to work with. Of late, she has been a mod on our sister site, so some of you may also know her from there. May she rest in peace. She will be missed.

Ethereal
11-05-2015, 09:10 PM
RIP.

She was a nice lady.

Mister D
11-05-2015, 09:12 PM
Ugh...I can kick myself in the ass for not goign over to that forum to chat a bit more. I was there a few times just to say hi to her. She was a diabetic, right? Was it complications from that?

Dr. Who
11-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Ugh...I can kick myself in the ass for not goign over to that forum to chat a bit more. I was there a few times just to say hi to her. She was a diabetic, right? Was it complications from that?
I don't know. I just heard from Admin tonight that she passed away, but given the severity of her condition, it must have been.

Tricia
11-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Rip sweet lady. Fly with the stars.

Mister D
11-05-2015, 09:21 PM
I don't know. I just heard from Admin tonight that she passed away, but given the severity of her condition, it must have been.

I didn't realize it could get that bad.

Bob
11-05-2015, 09:28 PM
I don't recall her here or on the other forum.

Sorry to hear she passed. It sucks when you get to know a poster and suddenly it is good bye. I sermonize at times over Silverwitch from AOL. She was a very grand person. Sent me a note informing me of stage 4 ovarian cancer. She did not last much longer.

Green Arrow
11-05-2015, 09:34 PM
Damn. She's the reason I'm on this forum. She was always kind to me and talked to me more than most people did. I knew her on three forums. When the shit went down on Trinnity's nightmare nest, she made me feel better about it all and invited me here. She was also key in getting me in as a VIP and then as a mod. She helped me make this place home. She was like an online mom.

This sucks.

Bob
11-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks Dr Who and I found out she was a Mod on the other forum and highly respected. Gave me a chance to tell them condolences for the loss of their friend. I don't recall talking to her there or here.

sachem
11-05-2015, 09:47 PM
She was a nice woman. Sorry to hear of her passing.

Dr. Who
11-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately among other things it affects the cardiovascular system and the kidneys, so there are a number of ways that it can be deadly.

Mister D
11-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately among other things it affects the cardiovascular system and the kidneys, so there are a number of ways that it can be deadly.

Sucks. Well, I'll leave my regards on our sister forum tomorrow as well.

Matty
11-05-2015, 10:24 PM
It is always sad to hear of someone passing. Rip Oceanlover. Sweet slumber.

Gypsy
11-05-2015, 11:51 PM
My condolences to all who knew her.

valley ranch
11-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Her light in your eyes.

Common
11-06-2015, 04:59 AM
ahhh this does suck, you couldnt find a nicer person. She had severe sleep apnea and couldnt get used to the cpap. I tried and tried to convince her to stay on it, it saves your life.

Oceanlover was one of the very rare people that was genuinely a caring sweet person that never tried to hurt anyone. The world needs alot more like her. RIP

The Xl
11-06-2015, 09:57 AM
I liked her, she was always nice to me. It was a shame when she left.

This is sad. Rip.

Jets
11-06-2015, 10:56 AM
RIP Ocean. :(

Peter1469
11-06-2015, 04:59 PM
RIP Ocean.

Mister D
11-06-2015, 05:00 PM
I was over at Trinn's site today. Thankfully, I had answered all of her PMs. That would have sucked.

Dr. Who
11-06-2015, 06:55 PM
I was over at Trinn's site today. Thankfully, I had answered all of her PMs. That would have sucked.
I'm surprised that there is no announcement over there - at least one that I could find.

Mister D
11-06-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised that there is no announcement over there - at least one that I could find.

It was in "For Members Only" so you probably have to sign in.

Dr. Who
11-06-2015, 08:01 PM
It was in "For Members Only" so you probably have to sign in.
Ah, I see.

Mister D
11-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Ah, I see.

I was looking for it before I logged in too but I wanted to see my inbox so I logged in.

Captain Obvious
11-06-2015, 10:38 PM

I know, me too. She was a great lady.

Dr. Who
11-07-2015, 12:21 AM
I know, me too. She was a great lady.
It appears that she was very ill in the past year or so - yes I created an account over on our sister site. Her diabetes seems to have caused significant liver disease and while she was a mod there, she was very ill and not really present all that much. I knew that her diabetes was pretty much out of control when she was here, in that her doctors were having little luck in regulating it, but when we last discussed it, Ocean seemed optimistic. It appears like liver failure may have taken her, and I had no idea that her liver was even affected, so this must have occurred after she left our forum. She was a great lady and I know that she is now finally at peace and without pain.

RIP Ann. You touched so many lives and left so many friends who will miss you.

OGIS
11-13-2015, 09:07 AM

Seriously?

Diabetes is the Great Deceiver.

Gypsy
11-13-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes it is. That and my liver disease scare the hell out me. I hope she didn't suffer.

OGIS
11-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Yes it is. That and my liver disease scare the hell out me. I hope she didn't suffer.

I am serious. Do the research. Look into medical marijuana to help both. It is known that MM does, indeed, lower blood sugar levels. And CBD oil has, apparently, some wondrous powers indeed.