PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Policies have harmed the economy

texan
11-06-2015, 10:20 AM
1. Obamacare has hurt jobs and pay.
2. The Jobs Stimulus package has proven to not deliver.
3. The regulations have further harmed the job market, but of course the politicians that push this policy gave themselves a raise.
4. Voting democrat has hurt the economy in a big way.
5. We are less safe today than when Obama took over.
6. He hasn't don't anything on immigration which was promised in the first 100 days.
7. 12 of the 23 Obamacare state run exchanges have gone belly up and the rest are projected to go belly up by the end of year 2016.
8. Boots are on the ground in Libya.
9. No one trusts us.
10. First time in modern history our president has dropped past 2 on the list of most respected in the world.

How is voting democrat helping us again because what has been promised and delivered is grand canyon wide. Unless you want to discuss religion and gay rights. But those don't pay the rent.

Green Arrow
11-06-2015, 10:35 AM
And Republican policies have helped grow the deficit. Maybe it's time we moved on from the proven disaster of both of these shit parties.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 10:51 AM
I'm waiting for some idiot to claim that those who call for fiscal restraint are responsible for uncontrolled spending.

valley ranch
11-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Our debt is now is enormous, it has grown in this last guys term out of sight. About 20 trillion I hear. So, now what, they borrow some more, and throw the money at their arsessss, and plan to borrow still more.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm waiting for some idiot to claim that those who call for fiscal restraint are responsible for uncontrolled spending.

There is no doubt that the Republican could have stopped this spending as they promised. Congress has that power.

They were cowards and afraid to go against the President. And because of that, they are guilty as well.

domer76
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
3. The regulations have further harmed the job market, but of course the politicians that push this policy gave themselves a raise.
6. He hasn't don't anything on immigration which was promised in the first 100 days.
7. 12 of the 23 Obamacare state run exchanges have gone belly up and the rest are projected to go belly up by the end of year 2016.
9. No one trusts us.
10. First time in modern history our president has dropped past 2 on the list of most respected in the world.

How is voting democrat helping us again because what has been promised and delivered is grand canyon wide. Unless you want to discuss religion and gay rights. But those don't pay the rent.

Until you can get a handle on proper grammar, which gives away your hack bias before one word of your post is read, you possess zero credibility.

Don't be such a lemming. Stop listening to Rush.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM

There is no doubt that the Republican could have stopped this spending as they promised. Congress has that power.

They were cowards and afraid to go against the President. And because of that, they are guilty as well.

How was your comment responsive to the one of mine which you quoted?

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Until you can get a handle on proper grammar, which gives away your hack bias before one word of your post is read, you possess zero credibility.

thats an odd response.

domer76
11-06-2015, 12:08 PM
thats an odd response.

You don't understand either, do you? Your English teacher, if you ever had one, failed you.

Hint. Research the difference between democrat, democratic, Democrat and Democratic Party. A little refresher on nouns vs. adjectives would also help

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 12:10 PM
How was your comment responsive to the one of mine which you quoted?

Now you are asking me to think on a Friday. I don't know I read yours and that is what popped in my head? It was not meant to be offensive, just and observation.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
You don't understand either, do you? Your English teacher, if you ever had one, failed you.

Hint. Research the difference between democrat, democratic, Democrat and Democratic Party. A little refresher on nouns vs. adjectives would also help

this is a little petty don't you think? because if you can't figure out his post, you will never be able to handle mine, I am terrible.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 12:18 PM
thats an odd response.

And another odd response.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 12:20 PM
....don't you think?...

Uh........... no, he doesn't.

Tahuyaman
11-06-2015, 12:22 PM
Now you are asking me to think on a Friday. I don't know I read yours and that is what popped in my head? It was not meant to be offensive, just and observation.

Fridays can cause unusual things to happen.

domer76
11-06-2015, 12:26 PM
this is a little petty don't you think? because if you can't figure out his post, you will never be able to handle mine, I am terrible.

Hardly. When someone uses a phrase such as 'democrat party' or, in this case 'voting democrat' or even the title of the thread, it exposes one of two things, or both.

The ignorance of the poster and their likely information sources (Rush);
Or their partisan hack status from the get go

Again, I'll point out.

One votes FOR a Democrat, not 'vote democrat'.
It is the Democratic Party. Not the democrat party.

Lastly, You have either Democratic policies or democratic policies. Do you know the difference?

domer76
11-06-2015, 12:44 PM
And another odd response.

T, if you don't get it, you just don't get it. Accept it. Let it go. Move on

birddog
11-06-2015, 01:33 PM

I just call them "dims," I like to be accurate.

domer76
11-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I just call them "dims," I like to be accurate.

Obviously, looking in the mirror.

texan
11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
And Republican policies have helped grow the deficit. Maybe it's time we moved on from the proven disaster of both of these $#@! parties.

My Thread was in response to the one-sided open ended republican attack in the other thread.

Kurmugeon
11-06-2015, 03:26 PM
When Bill Clinton Signed Welfare Reform, a Democrat did a positive thing for America.

I can't right now think of an action from a Democrat since then, that has been beneficial to America!

This is NOT the Democratic Party of JFK.

-

texan
11-06-2015, 03:27 PM

Alright first of all I am not an english major and have never bragged that I am, you my friend are the lemming for attacking grammar. The oldest trick in the book, attack the messenger because you don't like the facts. I know a lot of people that can spell and write that are not that smart. I don't listen to Rush very often and I am not a republican. That said the dems have failed what they promised unless shining gay colored rainbow lights on the white house somehow pays your electric bill.

Kurmugeon
11-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Progressive Liberals are always experts at grammar and eloquent communication of their values.

Here are a few examples:

Now those are very good examples of saying exactly what they are thinking and feeling in a very convincing manner.

The Lefties should be Proud!

After all, correct grammar and spelling are far, far, more important than the meaning of the words... Raaaaiiighht?!

-

domer76
11-06-2015, 04:52 PM
Alright first of all I am not an easy nglish major and have never bragged that I am, you my friend are the lemming for attacking grammar. The oldest trick in the book, attack the messenger because you don't like the facts. I know a lot of people that can spell and write that are not that smart. I don't listen to Rush very often and I am not a republican. That said the dems have failed what they promised unless shining gay colored rainbow lights on the white house somehow pays your electric bill.

Then tell us where you get the verbiage 'voting democrat' or 'democrat policies'? You did not get those from your government classes nor your English teacher. You absorbed it from your information sources, or lack thereof. When I see that pattern from you and people like you, it reveals your bias from the outset. When I read the topic heading, I didn't need to go any further. I knew it was going to be a partisan piece of BS right away.

domer76
11-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Progressive Liberals are always experts at grammar and eloquent communication of their values.

Here are a few examples:

Now those are very good examples of saying exactly what they are thinking and feeling in a very convincing manner.

The Lefties should be Proud!

After all, correct grammar and spelling are far, far, more important than the meaning of the words... Raaaaiiighht?!

-

People use improper grammar for any number of reasons. Regional, cultural, ignorance, etc. Which is it for the RW using 'democrat policies' or 'democrat party'? My observation is ignorance. On many levels

Mister D
11-06-2015, 04:58 PM
What difference does it make?

birddog
11-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Obviously, looking in the mirror.

Childish!

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 05:18 PM
The Sanger quote is taken out of context and has been done so in order to deceive.

domer76
11-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Childish!

And 'dims' isn't? Grow up punk, and do a little self examination. That doesn't mean, BTW, scratching your balls in the morning

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Hardly. When someone uses a phrase such as 'democrat party' or, in this case 'voting democrat' or even the title of the thread, it exposes one of two things, or both.

The ignorance of the poster and their likely information sources (Rush);
Or their partisan hack status from the get go

Again, I'll point out.

One votes FOR a Democrat, not 'vote democrat'.
It is the Democratic Party. Not the democrat party.

Lastly, You have either Democratic policies or democratic policies. Do you know the difference?

Well the way I see it when you are getting this picky? it shows that you have nothing of substance to back up your views. Democrats do this all the time they attack the messenger and not the message, because if you are a Democrat, you can't defend the Democratic party agenda, because it has been a total and complete failure.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 05:31 PM
The Sanger quote is taken out of context and has been done so in order to deceive.

do you have a link on that

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 05:33 PM
And 'dims' isn't? Grow up punk, and do a little self examination. That doesn't mean, BTW, scratching your balls in the morning

Ok Nancy, you are resorting to the Grammar police and now name calling because you are intellectually bankrupt on this subject, Just admit defeat and move on. The only one that is showing ignorance here is you.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 05:34 PM
OK, lets dig a shovel in this pile of shit...

It has had some impact, but it has also helped a lot of people. It hasn't been the job killer that people said it would be.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/03/05/five-years-ago-they-called-obamacare-a-job-killer-heres-what-they-say-now/

The jobs bill was butchered by Republicans.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal/2011_10/gop_kills_jobs_bill_despite_ma032756.php

The regulations? What regulations?

You still haven't effectively demonstrated that.

How so?

That certainly was a broken promise

It certainly has been a shaky start.

Special ops and training.

9. No one trusts us.

Like who? Russia?

What list?

domer76
11-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Well the way I see it when you are getting this picky? it shows that you have nothing of substance to back up your views. Democrats do this all the time they attack the messenger and not the message, because if you are a Democrat, you can't defend the Democratic party agenda, because it has been a total and complete failure.

I'm pointing out the obvious. If you post 'democrat policies', 'vote democrat' or 'democrat party', you are revealing yourself as an ignorant, partisan hack obtaining your "information" from the same ignorant sources.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 05:35 PM
do you have a link on that

http://genius.com/2808605

domer76
11-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Ok Nancy, you are resorting to the Grammar police and now name calling because you are intellectually bankrupt on this subject, Just admit defeat and move on. The only one that is showing ignorance here is you.

Who taught you 'democrat party'? If it was your English or Government teacher, they should be fired. Or should have flunked you. But they didn't teach you that, did they? You got that from Rush and the other partisan nitwits. You sucked it in, unknowingly, just like the rest of the shit they dole out to you

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 05:57 PM
http://genius.com/2808605

Thanks I was not aware of that omission, but if you read the entire letter it is still very clear.

Mister D
11-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks I was not aware of that omission, but if you read the entire letter it is still very clear.

It happens all the time though.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 06:00 PM
Who taught you 'democrat party'? If it was your English or Government teacher, they should be fired. Or should have flunked you. But they didn't teach you that, did they? You got that from Rush and the other partisan nitwits. You sucked it in, unknowingly, just like the rest of the $#@! they dole out to you

I don't know I am not aware that I have used it, though I might have. I guess seeing your post that Rush must say that often. But I would not know.

What is clear is your attack of the messenger and ignoring the op. But if you want to call people nasty names because the policies of the preferred party of the left, are a failure.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 06:02 PM

No it's not actually. It's clear that she doesn't want them to misunderstand her and their movement.

Mister D
11-06-2015, 06:03 PM
No it's not actually. It's clear that she doesn't want them to misunderstand her and their movement.

That's correct. Zelmo, in context it's the exact opposite of how it's portrayed.

domer76
11-06-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't know I am not aware that I have used it, though I might have. I guess seeing your post that Rush must say that often. But I would not know.

What is clear is your attack of the messenger and ignoring the op. But if you want to call people nasty names because the policies of the preferred party of the left, are a failure.

The OP revealed his ignorance with the title. I merely pointed that out

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 06:23 PM

That is not what I get out of the letter, I believe that this was not her only brush with racism, Was it not her the talked about not having the right to breed and developing a cleaner race?

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 06:26 PM
The OP revealed his ignorance with the title. I merely pointed that out

OK for the sake of argument let us assume that the OP is in fact the most ignorant person on the planet. (forgive me for that)

The meaning is very clear and now that you have pointed out the error of the OP's ways, maybe you could respond and defend the policies of the Obama administration that have lead to a 40% loss in wealth and a 5K lose in income for the middle class.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 06:32 PM
That is not what I get out of the letter, I believe that this was not her only brush with racism, Was it not her the talked about not having the right to breed and developing a cleaner race?

Sanger clearly had eugenic leanings, but I don't think she was racist towards blacks. The Negro project, which is what the controversial quote is addressing, was started by William Edward Burghardt Du Boi, who was a black man.

Matty
11-06-2015, 06:32 PM
What? They're not Democrats?

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 06:33 PM
OK for the sake of argument let us assume that the OP is in fact the most ignorant person on the planet. (forgive me for that)

The meaning is very clear and now that you have pointed out the error of the OP's ways, maybe you could respond and defend the policies of the Obama administration that have lead to a 40% loss in wealth and a 5K lose in income for the middle class.

40% loss of what wealth?

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 06:35 PM
40% loss of what wealth?

Well that would be the wealth that they had before Jan 21 2009. It is clearly in the loss of 401K balances, home equity, and savings.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 06:38 PM
Well that would be the wealth that they had before Jan 21 2009. It is clearly in the loss of 401K balances, home equity, and savings.

40%??? Where did you get that number?

401K savings are at record highs and the real estate market has made a huge rebound.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 06:49 PM
40%??? Where did you get that number?

401K savings are at record highs and the real estate market has made a huge rebound.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/fed-americans-wealth-dropped-40-percent/2012/06/11/gJQAlIsCVV_story.html

I think that Obama even mentioned it in his last state of the union address.

And building is still extremely low in the middle class price range. Luxury is thriving because of the 7 year fire sale.

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 06:53 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/fed-americans-wealth-dropped-40-percent/2012/06/11/gJQAlIsCVV_story.html

I think that Obama even mentioned it in his last state of the union address.

And building is still extremely low in the middle class price range. Luxury is thriving because of the 7 year fire sale.

Yeah, that article lays blame on the financial crisis.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that article lays blame on the financial crisis.

and what was the cause of that?

Common Sense
11-06-2015, 07:10 PM
and what was the cause of that?

It's multifaceted. But it's certainly not the fault of this administration.

As always, it's far more complicated than "it was the Dems fault".

http://www.economist.com/news/schoolsbrief/21584534-effects-financial-crisis-are-still-being-felt-five-years-article

domer76
11-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Identify the specific policies and how they caused your claim.

Lineman
11-06-2015, 07:44 PM
5% unemployment, new car sales hit all time record, income up 3+%, business profits @ record highs.

Horrible....

9. No one trusts us.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Identify the specific policies and how they caused your claim.

Don't mind if I do!

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=6782

This was the start of it, and it was relatively harmless because it lacked any real teeth. And like most policies of the Democrats in DC it was designed to be compassionate and give houses to people that could not afford them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-users-guide-2009-6

This nasty little piece of work however gave teeth to the program and forced banks to maintain a percentage of their mortgage portfolios to the low income sector Enter the Sub Prime mortgage, Because if the government forces business to do something, they will find a way to make money on it. This also doomed the borrower because they could not afford a home to begin with, and now they were sucked into a system were the payments were set to skyrocket. Well the banks could not be defaulting on all of these mortgages, so enter the mortgage backed securities.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/122012-637924-faults-community-reinvestment-act-cra-mortgage-defaults.htm

Add to this the Frank/Dodd cover up and the fact that GWB was to scared to force an investigation after being called a racist for questioning the practice? And it was the perfect storm, and all of the people that these 2 act were to help, lost everything that they had.

zelmo1234
11-06-2015, 10:07 PM
5% unemployment, new car sales hit all time record, income up 3+%, business profits @ record highs.

Horrible....

You don't mind if I ask you to back those statements up do you? a link would be nice

domer76
11-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Don't mind if I do!

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=6782

This was the start of it, and it was relatively harmless because it lacked any real teeth. And like most policies of the Democrats in DC it was designed to be compassionate and give houses to people that could not afford them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-cra-debate-a-users-guide-2009-6

This nasty little piece of work however gave teeth to the program and forced banks to maintain a percentage of their mortgage portfolios to the low income sector Enter the Sub Prime mortgage, Because if the government forces business to do something, they will find a way to make money on it. This also doomed the borrower because they could not afford a home to begin with, and now they were sucked into a system were the payments were set to skyrocket. Well the banks could not be defaulting on all of these mortgages, so enter the mortgage backed securities.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/122012-637924-faults-community-reinvestment-act-cra-mortgage-defaults.htm

Add to this the Frank/Dodd cover up and the fact that GWB was to scared to force an investigation after being called a racist for questioning the practice? And it was the perfect storm, and all of the people that these 2 act were to help, lost everything that they had.

You just cited examples prior to Obama's administration

Philly
11-07-2015, 05:36 AM

Dubious claim. Obamacare has failed to address the key issues that contribute to perpetually rising healthcare costs. It has marginal cost-savings measures, but to avoid fights with several powerful industries, Obama quickly watered it down to a series of half measures. "Half" is pretty generous considering it actually needs to be more than 50% stronger to actually reverse the trend of skyrocketing health costs.

Fair, kind of. Much of the stimulus package went to fiscal relief for state governments who otherwise couldn't possibly balance a budget in the aftermath of the economic collapse. And the domino effect on municipal governments if their state was insolvent would have been a disaster. Other items in the stimulus helped ease the effects of the bad economy. Some good stuff in there, but if the standard of success or failure was to quickly cut unemployment, it failed. As I see it, the money should have been more focused on big public works projects, and if that was the case, it would have made sense to spend twice as much money on it.

Which regulations are we talking about?

This isn't a supporting argument to your premise. Just the premise repeated.

By what metric do you measure our safety? After clarifying that, please provide data to support your assertion.

There seems to be no room for negotiation between him and the House GOP when it comes to immigration. So he attempted to instead to act through executive order. It was struck down by a judge, but I believe it's still being appealed. Seems like he is trying though.

State exchanges are dumb anyway. Get everyone on the same healthcare.gov and we'll have a better system for everyone in this country.

Complete clusterfuck that we ever got involved in Libya and even more astounding that we now have boots in Syria. I am very unhappy that Obama decided to move forward with this.

9. No one trusts us.

By "no one trusts us" do you mean that other countries across the world don't trust us? I'm sure they don't, but they didn't trust us when Bush was president either. Fact is that we're pretty shady. Comes with the territory of being the world's only legit super power.

Who curates this list, and what methodology do they use? Seems very subjective.

zelmo1234
11-07-2015, 07:26 AM
You just cited examples prior to Obama's administration

Well the collapse actually happened before his administration, it would be very hard to blame that on him,

His fault lies in the wasted Trillions of dollars in spending and the fact that he has not been able to turn the country back around.

domer76
11-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Well the collapse actually happened before his administration, it would be very hard to blame that on him,

His fault lies in the wasted Trillions of dollars in spending and the fact that he has not been able to turn the country back around.

When you can't factually back up your statements, save us all some time and don't bother

Captain Obvious
11-07-2015, 10:01 AM

Exactly. He ran up the national credit card in order to make his presidency look effective and unfortunately, all he did was kick that can down the road for some other generation to deal with.

texan
11-07-2015, 11:43 PM
AND he is kicking these Middle east issues down the road for others to deal with and make no mistake they will have to be dealt with.

texan
11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Then tell us where you get the verbiage 'voting democrat' or 'democrat policies'? You did not get those from your government classes nor your English teacher. You absorbed it from your information sources, or lack thereof. When I see that pattern from you and people like you, it reveals your bias from the outset. When I read the topic heading, I didn't need to go any further. I knew it was going to be a partisan piece of BS right away.

Biased? Oh I am definitely biased and haven't hid that, boy you are a real genius in detecting patterns. I think I am clear here brother, so go ahead with your educational insults or WTF ever and dodge the points being made. The policies that I listed were directed by a certain party that haven't delivered.

texan
11-07-2015, 11:48 PM

Yep! But hey he writes his lack of counter points really well.

domer76
11-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Biased? Oh I am definitely biased and haven't hid that, boy you are a real genius in detecting patterns. I think I am clear here brother, so go ahead with your educational insults or WTF ever and dodge the points being made. The policies that I listed were directed by a certain party that haven't delivered.

Do you intentionally sound (or write) like a rube, tex, or are you one in real life, too? 'Democrat policies' reveals who you are before another word is written. Rube. Ignorant. Both.

Who the fuck taught you the English language? Hannity or Rush?

Boris The Animal
11-10-2015, 09:01 PM
I just call them "dims," I like to be accurate.I prefer Communists, because that's exactly what Democrats are. ​

ThaiBoxer
11-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Obama saved us from the tanking economy that George Bush and the Republicans left this country. Unemployment is down near 5% again. It was in double digits when he took over. Conservatives live in a fantasy world of their own design.

ThaiBoxer
11-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Exactly. He ran up the national credit card in order to make his presidency look effective and unfortunately, all he did was kick that can down the road for some other generation to deal with.

Bush took 200 years of debt and doubled it in eight.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 07:31 AM
Obama saved us from the tanking economy that George Bush and the Republicans left this country. Unemployment is down near 5% again. It was in double digits when he took over. Conservatives live in a fantasy world of their own design.

The fiscal and real estate crashes in the US were decades in the making.

The recovery since has been the weakest and most uneven recovery in US history. I think that all of the quantitative easing, and related plans were mistakes, and together with the Fed keeping interest rates artificially low has helped prevent real recovery.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Bush took 200 years of debt and doubled it in eight.

So did Obama.

He is the Twenty Trillion Dollar Man (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/1/obama-presidency-to-end-with-20-trillion-national-/?page=1). :smiley:

ThaiBoxer
11-11-2015, 11:03 AM
So did Obama.

He is the Twenty Trillion Dollar Man (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/1/obama-presidency-to-end-with-20-trillion-national-/?page=1). :smiley:

Doesn't Congress write the budget? Who controls it?

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 11:50 AM

Didn't Congress write the budgets under Bush and Reagan. And Clinton- where there was a surplus (with some accounting tricks) ?

:shocked:

ThaiBoxer
11-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Didn't Congress write the budgets under Bush and Reagan. And Clinton- where there was a surplus (with some accounting tricks) ?

:shocked:

Republicans controlled the Congress under Bush and they have controlled it under Obama for all but two years

Ethereal
11-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Obama saved us from the tanking economy that George Bush and the Republicans left this country.

And how did he do that, exactly?

donttread
11-11-2015, 06:55 PM
And Republican policies have helped grow the deficit. Maybe it's time we moved on from the proven disaster of both of these shit parties.

To quote Larry Elder "nit a dimes worth of difference

Bob
11-11-2015, 07:26 PM

See post #2.

Tahuyaman
11-11-2015, 07:39 PM
See post #2.

you got me there.

donttread
11-12-2015, 09:14 AM

Apparently no one.

Ransom
11-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Republicans controlled the Congress under Bush and they have controlled it under Obama for all but two years

Jumping Jim Jeffords left the GOP and caucused with the Dems in May of 2001 giving them a 51-49 edge until the 2002 midterms that Republicans won, Trent Lott not becoming Senate majority leader until 2003. Pelosi took the gavel in the House in Jan 2007, the market then crashed. All in your history books.

ThaiBoxer
11-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Jumping Jim Jeffords left the GOP and caucused with the Dems in May of 2001 giving them a 51-49 edge until the 2002 midterms that Republicans won, Trent Lott not becoming Senate majority leader until 2003. Pelosi took the gavel in the House in Jan 2007, the market then crashed. All in your history books.

:grin: Are you really trying to claim that the Democrats taking over Congress in 2007 is what lead to the economic crash the following year?

Do Republicans ever accept responsibility for anything?

zelmo1234
11-13-2015, 06:31 AM
:grin: Are you really trying to claim that the Democrats taking over Congress in 2007 is what lead to the economic crash the following year?

This should be good. What policies do you think lead to the economic collapse and which Presidents signed those policies into law.

Which President tried over 17 times to get those policies reversed?

And which Senator and Congressman used there positions and the bribes they were receiving to block the investigations into the reasons for the collapse?

donttread
11-13-2015, 08:55 AM
The truth is that over the past 15 years we have had a pretty good mix of dem vs repub control in both congress and the white house with periods of very one sided power in each direction. Still all we get is spending, debt, war , less rights and more domestic spying

Peter1469
11-13-2015, 04:05 PM

The economic crisis was caused by several things that implicate both parties, and to an extent many ordinary citizens.