PDA

View Full Version : Here's Romney's Plan for a Stronger Middle Class

Smartmouthwoman
08-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Sounds reasonable and sane to me. Nothing like all the hype coming from Obama's camp. Speaking of Obama, I'd like to see his plan for helping the middle class. Any of you Obama supporters want to give us a link to his new strategy to turn things around? A list of what he'd do differently would be OK if you don't have a formal plan. I know he's been busy campaigning.

From mittromney.com (http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01)
(http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01)

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/default/files/romney-2012-infographic-job-plan_0.jpg

And Obama's plan is... ???

Smartmouthwoman
08-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Obama tools.. where are you? Aren't you gonna at least post some silly pics or something? Obama's being challenged here. Will you rise to the challenge or keep your head buried in the sand?

Check out the quote on the right. Offering to be accountable if things don't improve??? Obama offered to be a one-termer, but he's beating his brains out campaigning for another term. Guess Barack's promises don't mean much, huh?

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/default/files/romney-2012-infographic-job-plan2.jpg

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Even if it does not all work out, Romney will try to build America back up unlike the lazy slacker Soros puppet who's only goal is to bring America down.

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Note: Romney has a plan and he's been campaigning also. Ubama never has had a plan to bring American's together or lift us up and doesn't plan on having one now along with a budget.

Mainecoons
08-25-2012, 04:51 PM
It sounds good but it won't fly. Sure, getting the weight and uncertainty of the Obama debacle off of the nation will spur some creation of jobs. If there's one thing we should have learned from the Great Depression, too much government meddling creates uncertainty which causes people to play defense with their assets rather than look to grow. We're seeing that repeated right now. So getting rid of that will help.

However, it is nonsense to think that any meaningful dent in the deficit can be made without significant cuts in the offense budget. Romney isn't facing reality here--American cannot afford its military any more than it can afford all this government and entitlement.

Remember, entitlements are the ultimate problem. Just as the baby boom drove every age related economic sector along the way, now it is going to drive retirement entitlements into hopeless deficits. We are going to have to stop giving grandma heart transplants. We are going to have to stop giving retirees automatic COL benefits. It just doesn't compute.

There is no new technology that is going to quickly employ millions. We can have more jobs by stressing real energy independence, not gimmicks like windmills, and we can do a lot to return some manufacturing jobs here. But by and large, we are stuck with little or no growth for the forseeable future. So, like a household whose paycheck has flatlined, we've got to learn how to live on what we have now.

By and large, thus far, government has not shared the pain with the private sector. This has to change. The government unions need to be tossed, the fat pensions and paychecks for government workers have to go just as they have for the private sector. I'm not kidding when I state that the only real solution here, shifting the economy back to private sector driven with only basic government services, is the only new idea out there. Everyone else wants to try and continue the status quo. Well, it just won't work

We're not going to have another housing/construction boom. It will take a decade or more to absorb the surplus we have now. Housing isn't going to lead the U.S. out of this mini-depression. The dot coms have matured. The internet has matured. Cars last a lot longer and require far fewer hands to build, autos aren't going to lead us out.

Everyone is going to have to get used to having less and we need to start by demanding that government join in the sacrifice. I say that we need a MINIMUM reduction in government spending and employment of 25 percent within 4 years, and 40 percent within 10. That gets government back down to the size it was in the fifties when it competently provided basic services but did not employ millions and spend vast sums on social engineering, which BTW has been a gross failure.

That's my take on Romney. Too little to get the job done and he continues to suffer from the unrealistic militarism of the neo cons.

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I totally agree with downsizing government by at least 40%...maybe more. I understand where you are coming from MC, but at least wait until he gets in if there are actually elections, he may see the light and act accordingly...OK, I know that's really reaching, but I can dream can't I. After all we know what Ubama's plan is and it ain't the America we used to know.

Mainecoons
08-25-2012, 05:02 PM
My buddy just sent me another interesting email, I posted it in the same "buddy email thread." Go read it, I think you'll see why it isn't going to work for Romney. But at least he'll get rid of the thugs and radicals Obama has put in government.

Romney needs to look at the U.S. as a distressed holding, a work out case. To fix things, there will have to be big changes. Some facilities closed, people let go, products dropped until the thing is back in balance. I think he has that capability but he has to face reality about the offense budget.

MMC
08-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Well Foreign Leaders in Europe believe if Romney is elected he will take the US to more of an Isolationist stand. Which tells me they already know not to come with their hands out and begging for more fianancial assistance. Other than dealing with the Iranian situation, and I'maDeanInaJon they might be Right if Romney is looking to focus more on the Western hemisphere.

Mainecoons
08-25-2012, 06:06 PM
We need to focus on the western hemisphere. We don't need to continue to print money to provide free defense for the U.K. and Europe.

Sorry Cary, pay for your own defense. :grin:

wingrider
08-25-2012, 06:29 PM
We need to focus on the western hemisphere. We don't need to continue to print money to provide free defense for the U.K. and Europe.

Sorry Cary, pay for your own defense. :grin: 100 % in agreement with this post

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 06:38 PM

Sorry Cary, pay for your own defense. :grin:

We also need to stop all the foreign aid period...especially if you hate our fucking guts, you get nothing!!!

MMC
08-25-2012, 06:50 PM
We also need to stop all the foreign aid period...especially if you hate our fucking guts, you get nothing!!!

I agree with that. I don't believe we should be giving money to anybody For foreign Aid. When any disaster hits us, you don't see anyone else throwing money to us. Coming round to assist.

Definately not to any who calls us enemy nor those that stab us in our back.

Peter1469
08-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Me too. The world has not properly respected the US for its role in maintaining peace in the international system. I say we give them 20-30 years to see what it is like without us.

MMC
08-25-2012, 07:01 PM
That would also include those NGO's by both Parties. Moreover I would close quite a few Embassies and just go with one Reginoally thruout the world. Moreover I definately would force the Europeans to pay for their own Defense.

Although Romney has told the Israelis he would like to move our Embassy from Tel Avia to Jerusalem. What do you think about this move Pete?

Mainecoons
08-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Foreign aid doesn't amount to a hill of beans and most of it is pissed away by governments that are just as incompetent as ours, if not more so.

The big bucks are spent policing the world and that is where the big cuts need to come from.

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Foreign aid doesn't amount to a hill of beans and most of it is pissed away by governments that are just as incompetent as ours, if not more so.

The big bucks are spent policing the world and that is where the big cuts need to come from.

No more policing the world, no more nation building, no more foreign aid....how's that???

MMC
08-25-2012, 07:24 PM

I disagree.....Foreign Aid Includes military Aid. Moreover there is never an accurate account of what is spent overseas. Throw in all the NFP's and all those Embassies with Marines on them. All the NGO's in every Country. Stop all that Disaster Relief to help everybody out. Stop all that Nation-building of other's countries as none of them are here building our shit up.

Money to Foreign Banks.....just like with our Allies the Phillipines. Right.....only to hold elections and make new coin money and then come back to borrow more from us that was never paid back. As they flush out the old currency.

Hey guess what Haiti had an EarthQuake, Indonesia had a Tsunami......We had fires, flooding, hurricanes and tornadoes. Plus the BP screw up. Anyone see any money or assistance come in to give us a helping hand? Help us build that infrastructure? We take care of our side of the World and let the rest figure it out on their own. They either make it.....or break it!

Peter1469
08-25-2012, 07:47 PM
That would also include those NGO's by both Parties. Moreover I would close quite a few Embassies and just go with one Reginoally thruout the world. Moreover I definately would force the Europeans to pay for their own Defense.

Although Romney has told the Israelis he would like to move our Embassy from Tel Avia to Jerusalem. What do you think about this move Pete?

I would put our embassy in Israel next to the Israel government buildings.

MMC
08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Reagan Tried.....the Demo Congress shut him down. Since then Any Demo like Bilbo only used it as bait. I would like to see Romney keep that promise!

Smartmouthwoman
08-25-2012, 08:28 PM
It's funny to see people declare ROMNEY CAN'T DO THAT when even the simplest promise on that list... reducing discretionary spending by 5%, is 100% more progress than Barack Obama is willing to do.

Romney's not every conservative's first choice... but he's still our only hope... unless enough morons throw away their vote on Gary Johnson to give Obama another 4 years.

Then we're really screwed.

Goldie Locks
08-25-2012, 08:33 PM
It's funny to see people declare ROMNEY CAN'T DO THAT when even the simplest promise on that list... reducing discretionary spending by 5%, is 100% more progress than Barack Obama is willing to do.

Romney's not every conservative's first choice... but he's still our only hope... unless enough morons throw away their vote on Gary Johnson to give Obama another 4 years.

Then we're really screwed.

Very true SMW...Romney ain't my first choice but Ubama is the bottom of the barrel and a vote for Johnson is a vote for Ubama.

roadmaster
08-26-2012, 12:13 AM

That must be why Obama was buying so many crayons. He may finish it before the elections.

GrumpyDog
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M0axlT-UZ-4/UChqU6a6WxI/AAAAAAAADMI/a3Zbh_mxZnY/s640/Reelect%2BObama.jpg

Peter1469
08-26-2012, 11:33 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-M0axlT-UZ-4/UChqU6a6WxI/AAAAAAAADMI/a3Zbh_mxZnY/s640/Reelect%2BObama.jpg

Wishing for a currency collapse? You must be heavily invested gold. Smart move.

Smartmouthwoman
08-27-2012, 10:36 AM

Appears you love Obama more than the middle class... which BTW, is suffering under his presidency.

http://static.uglyhedgehog.com/upload/2012/7/24/1343160947821-obama_economic_record.png

Thx for letting us know you'll be voting for 4 more years of the same failed policies.

Smartmouthwoman
08-27-2012, 10:46 AM

4 more years of this:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/96/8f/968f4ac6219af5aaf376d2c2b01c7c53.jpg

Obama promised his stimulus would keep unemp below 8%. You OK with 4 more years of high unemp? Vote Obama.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Sounds reasonable and sane to me. Nothing like all the hype coming from Obama's camp. Speaking of Obama, I'd like to see his plan for helping the middle class. Any of you Obama supporters want to give us a link to his new strategy to turn things around? A list of what he'd do differently would be OK if you don't have a formal plan. I know he's been busy campaigning.

From mittromney.com (http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01)
(http://www.mittromney.com/blogs/mitts-view/2012/08/mitt-romneys-plan-stronger-middle-class01)

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/default/files/romney-2012-infographic-job-plan_0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsZ45Weng0&feature=player_detailpage

Mister D
08-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Wow. Wasn't Bill complaining about the Obama Campaign playing the race card on his wife back in 2008? He's got some brass tacks.

MMC
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow. Wasn't Bill complaining about the Obama Campaign playing the race card on his wife back in 2008? He's got some brass tacks.

Yeah once they allowed Bilbo to be the keynote Speaker for their convention. Plus Obama sent him round to those battleground states. Not to mention his daughter now wants in on the politics. Told ya.....Bilbo will do anything to get back in that White House. It's like an obsession with him. Wasn't he Bithcing that Bush wouldn't invite him to much?

Smartmouthwoman
08-27-2012, 12:43 PM
How sad Obama has to have Clinton to prop him up. Obama is the first president ever to run on somebody else's record.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah once they allowed Bilbo to be the keynote Speaker for their convention. Plus Obama sent him round to those battleground states. Not to mention his daughter now wants in on the politics. Told ya.....Bilbo will do anything to get back in that White House. It's like an obsession with him. Wasn't he Bithcing that Bush wouldn't invite him to much?

You did see the Guest Speaker list for the RNC ... right?

In addition, you did see all of the GOP Primary Debates ... correct?

Enough said. :)

MMC
08-27-2012, 04:17 PM
You did see the Guest Speaker list for the RNC ... right?

In addition, you did see all of the GOP Primary Debates ... correct?

Enough said. :)

Why of Course I did.....not to mention it wasn't hard to notice that the Dems put their party before the rest of the country.