PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s War Advisors Turn on Him

Peter1469
11-07-2015, 08:03 AM
As said elsewhere, Obama has alienated the military (https://www.commentarymagazine.com/foreign-policy/barack-obama-war-advisors-isis-russia-china/).

The military was not fond of Clinton, but this is worse. Maybe worse than Carter. Senior advisors don't resign lightly.

The only thing Obama has going for him is the fact that the "media" is in the tank for him. Read more at the link.

Mac-7
11-07-2015, 08:22 AM
I thought this was about the obumer appointed head of the FBI mucking up the white house war on local police departments.

but his hate for the guardians of America both civil and military has been long established.

What took the generals so long to figure it out?

Peter1469
11-07-2015, 08:44 AM
When you get promoted from COL to GEN you become a political beast. To make the political beast have a conscious requires a lot of hard work.

Ransom
11-07-2015, 10:12 AM
I agree with article's assessments on Obama foreign policies. And it hits on many levels and regions. The issues with ISIS where Allen's assessment is that ISIS isn't losing. This latest and reluctant use of Special Forces in Syria and Iraq. Obama's refusal to establish safe zones requested by Turkey to stem the refugee crisis that has now erupted into realities today. The many issues with Russia that Farkas is testifying to, her insistence that far from walking on eggshells an emboldened Putin is close to a confrontation with NATO. The article even speaking to the Chinese island expansions and Obama's indecisions giving context to his recent sailing of one destroyer through Chinese 'territory.' Good stuff, Pete.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2015, 01:40 PM
When you get promoted from COL to GEN you become a political beast. To make the political beast have a conscious requires a lot of hard work.

And Obama had caused a purge of General officers never seen before in our military.

Peter1469
11-07-2015, 06:27 PM
And Obama had caused a purge of General officers never seen before in our military.

I have been watching that.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2015, 06:38 PM
I have been watching that.

its not just General officers leaving. Leaders who were considered "rising stars" are leaving in droves.

Peter1469
11-07-2015, 06:49 PM
its not just General officers leaving. Leaders who were considered "rising stars" are leaving in droves.

We have to consider why they are leaving. Some for principle. Some because of the very large draw down. I don't see much because of my current position in the reserves. And in June I will ask to retire and then I will be completely out of the loop.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2015, 07:30 PM
We have to consider why they are leaving. Some for principle. Some because of the very large draw down. I don't see much because of my current position in the reserves. And in June I will ask to retire and then I will be completely out of the loop.

I've heard more for principle vs the draw down. In some cases it's a good thing

some leave unexpectedly becasue they were told by someone either officially or unofficially that their potential for the future is .... Well...... Extremely limited.

Peter1469
11-07-2015, 07:39 PM
I've heard more for principle vs the draw down. In some cases it's a good thing

some leave unexpectedly becasue they were told by someone either officially or unofficially that their potential for the future is .... Well...... Extremely limited.

Especially those that question gays in the military or women in combat.

Cigar
11-07-2015, 07:42 PM
This will obviously hurt his 3td term election bid.

Tahuyaman
11-07-2015, 07:51 PM

Im sure that's part of it, but also those who question or disagree with how the military is used, not used or misused.

birddog
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
This will obviously hurt his 3td term election bid.

Many of us believe he deserves another term, TWENTY FIVE TO LIFE AT LEAVENWORTH!

exotix
11-07-2015, 09:12 PM
No sweat ... invade nations.

Peter1469
11-08-2015, 02:45 AM
No sweat ... invade nations.

Why?

AeonPax
11-08-2015, 03:14 AM
As said elsewhere, Obama has alienated the military (https://www.commentarymagazine.com/foreign-policy/barack-obama-war-advisors-isis-russia-china/). The military was not fond of Clinton, but this is worse. Maybe worse than Carter. Senior advisors don't resign lightly. The only thing Obama has going for him is the fact that the "media" is in the tank for him. Read more at the link.
`
For starters, I see Obama as a corporate warmonger. However, he didn't get that title alone, he had help from the military and their advisers. So, in essence, what you are saying (correct me if I'm wrong) but after 6 years of tearing apart the Middle east with the complete complicity of the military, a few in the military who advised him are now getting a conscience about what has been done?

Your article is an opinion and not at all a convincing one....if the point is Obama has alienated the military.

Peter1469
11-08-2015, 03:20 AM
`
For starters, I see Obama as a corporate warmonger. However, he didn't get that title alone, he had help from the military and their advisers. So, in essence, what you are saying (correct me if I'm wrong) but after 6 years of tearing apart the Middle east with the complete complicity of the military, a few in the military who advised him are now getting a conscience about what has been done?

Your article is an opinion and not at all a convincing one....if the point is Obama has alienated the military.

I think they feel alienated because the administration is disregarding all of their advice. The article is about two senior military advisors who resigned in protest and notes that the "news" has been all but silent on it.

In general, the flight of Obama’s war advisors from his administration went unnoticed by all but the keenest of observers. Both Allen and Farkas have determined, however, to make it difficult for the public to ignore their warnings. As both these advisors head for the exits, they and others are seeking exculpation for the increasing tensions and accelerating failures in their respective theaters of operations. What’s more, they are shifting blame toward the White House.

But yes. The article is opinion.

AeonPax
11-08-2015, 03:32 AM
I think they feel alienated because the administration is disregarding all of their advice. The article is about two senior military advisors who resigned in protest and notes that the "news" has been all but silent on it. But yes. The article is opinion.
`
I'm not disagreeing with the article per se, all I am saying is that it doesn't make a good case. Advisers leave for all sorts of different reasons. Many are private, some are very public such as with the case of General David Petraeus, who was a trusted adviser to the White House on its military strategy.

Peter1469
11-08-2015, 03:45 AM
`
I'm not disagreeing with the article per se, all I am saying is that it doesn't make a good case. Advisers leave for all sorts of different reasons. Many are private, some are very public such as with the case of General David Petraeus, who was a trusted adviser to the White House on its military strategy.

OK, I see your point now.

Mini Me
11-08-2015, 05:11 PM

They shouldn't leave! In 2017, a Rethug POTUS will be in office, and the wars will explode all over the ME, and even now with Obama in office! As the military expands, there will be ample opportunity to get promoted.

The man with the highest body count becomes General!

Mini Me
11-08-2015, 05:13 PM

They should know better than to yak about that stuff! PC applies to the military, too!

Mini Me
11-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Im sure that's part of it, but also those who question or disagree with how the military is used, not used or misused.

Thank God we have a top brass that questions how we fought in the Sand Box! We won many battles, but never won anything, but hatred from the people of those nations, and inflamed the whole Jihadist movement against us!

There are generals that said we should pull out of those Hell holes, for obvious reasons! One keeper we need is General Petraeous, as he knows how we should engage the enemy.

Mini Me
11-08-2015, 05:27 PM
`

Why should our boys go fight in proxy wars being fought for the benefit of big profiteers, banks, and the Zionists of Izrahell and oil sheiks of Saudi Arabia?

And get their asses blown up by an IED for NOTHING!?

Why should