PDA

View Full Version : Robert Gates: ISRAEL an UNGRATEFUL ALLY.....

MMC
09-08-2011, 09:02 AM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4118316,00.html

WASHINGTON – Former US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates blasted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, saying that his policies were ungrateful towards the US and were isolating Israel on a global level.

Gates believes Netanyahu's government has offered the Obama administration "nothing in return" for its generous security aid, which includes access to top-quality weapons, assistance in developing missile-defense systems and high-level intelligence sharing.

Bloomberg added that Gates’s analysis met with no resistance from other committee members.....snip~

Gates is speaking out. Then the way Israel treated Biden. Did anyone think that no one would would speak out? Now we are trying to help by dissuading the Palestinians from seeking statehood. How does this help? The UN can't do anything with the public spectacle nor from the next step afterwards. Wonder what other pressures this puts on Obama here at home? Thoughts?

Conley
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm glad he spoke out.

I think he is 100% correct, Israel has been an ungrateful ally for a long time and it's about time they pull their weight.

Same goes for a lot of other US "allies" as well... France, I'm looking at you! :o

Only thing I might take issue with is making the grievances public but I assume diplomatic methods have already been tried and failed.

MMC
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm glad he spoke out.

I think he is 100% correct, Israel has been an ungrateful ally for a long time and it's about time they pull their weight.

Same goes for a lot of other US "allies" as well... France, I'm looking at you! :o

Only thing I might take issue with is making the grievances public but I assume diplomatic methods have already been tried and failed.

I agree with him.....we have come to a point in time that we do not need to be selling any of our military tech to anybody else.

Conley
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm glad he spoke out.

I agree with him.....we have come to a point in time that we do not need to be selling any of our military tech to anybody else.

Or if we do sell them the tech then they need to be more responsible about using it.

Now that we have four or so wars going on we need all the arms for ourselves :-\

wingrider
09-08-2011, 05:34 PM
after the way Obama dissed isreals prime minister I don't blame the Isrealis for dissing us back.. and as far as the palestinians go they don't meet thte standards set forth by the UN to even be considered for statehood. consider the charter that they hold to that calls for the extermination if isreal. as long as the PLO is in command they do not qualify in my opinion

MMC
09-08-2011, 06:56 PM
after the way Obama dissed isreals prime minister I don't blame the Isrealis for dissing us back.. and as far as the palestinians go they don't meet thte standards set forth by the UN to even be considered for statehood. consider the charter that they hold to that calls for the extermination if isreal. as long as the PLO is in command they do not qualify in my opinion

It's all for public display. Because the UN can't vote to make them into a Country. Well they could, but it would just be a symbolic vote. Anything else would have to go thru the Security Council. The Palestinians will use the media coverage and could pick up a victory of some sorts in the political propaganda game.

Althought I heard Abbas was meeting with Israel's Defense Minister which was suppose to be in secret.

Still with as much Aid as we have given. There is no dissing allowed. I would make that point clear to Israel or whoever.

wingrider
09-08-2011, 11:49 PM

It's all for public display. Because the UN can't vote to make them into a Country. Well they could, but it would just be a symbolic vote. Anything else would have to go thru the Security Council. The Palestinians will use the media coverage and could pick up a victory of some sorts in the political propaganda game.

Althought I heard Abbas was meeting with Israel's Defense Minister which was suppose to be in secret.

Still with as much Aid as we have given. There is no dissing allowed. I would make that point clear to Israel or whoever.

sorry MMC but have to disagree, Isreal is a soveriegn state and not a puppet regime of the United states, they have every right to diss this administration after the way Obama dissed their prime minister.

MMC
09-09-2011, 03:48 AM

sorry MMC but have to disagree, Isreal is a soveriegn state and not a puppet regime of the United states, they have every right to diss this administration after the way Obama dissed their prime minister.

While I can understand your point. I myself would take any of those who call themselves our allies back to our humble beginnings. Reminding them to seek some sort of advantage over us is not going to be looked on favorably. We know the Israeli's are not trying to wipe out the Palestinians and all know we are not going to allow the Israeli's to be wiped off the earth. All in the region know the Israeli's are not going to wipe out the Palestinians. So the line was drawn in the sand then. Any political dealings between these Middle eastern countries is now between them. Their affairs not ours.

Questions I would be concerned with. Would be. Does any type of conflict here affect my buisness dealings? Is any of it into our buisness? Are those involved into a conflict going after any of my people? If it is not affecting any of these things with respects to what is ours, then it not our concern to meddle into any of their affairs.
Having intel and knowing what is going on is something we would want to work at and have going on. But if they want to war on each other thats on them. Again they ALL know what the line in the sand is! Which means if they cross it.....there is no doubt we are coming.

Which means We Declare War and there is no mistaking whats coming. No Fly Zones. No UN Mandate. No dilly-dallying around. Full Throttle Yeah, after we have air Superiority over that Country. Thats full breach and embed. Dying time is near.