PDA

View Full Version : Experience the Blue Angels in 360-degree video

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Experience the Blue Angels in 360-degree video (http://www.navytimes.com/story/news/2015/11/11/experience-the-blue-angels-in-360-degree-video/75044212/)
Video at link. And you can use your mouse to move the pov of the camera.

Precision, teamwork and trust are three words often used to describe the United States Navy's Blue Angels (https://www.blueangels.navy.mil/) demonstrations. Now, USA TODAY is bringing you closer than ever before to the action, putting you in the Blue Angels' cockpit for a 360-degree view.

hanger4
11-11-2015, 07:29 PM
How cool is that !! Saw them live once long long time ago in Florida. Don't remember much but sitting in a cockpit (I'm sure not the actual thing) thinking how cool is this. Must have been very young cause I remember being lifted out of the cockpit and not climbing.

Common
11-11-2015, 07:31 PM
They are amazingly skilled

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 07:36 PM
My dad would take me to air shows in the New Orleans area when I was young.

del
11-11-2015, 08:26 PM
there used to be an air show at s. weymouth nas every couple of years, and i could see the various aircraft practicing from my office window.

at one point, there were biplanes, ww2 vintage fighter planes and f-16s all up at once, pretty cool.

i also had an f-16 go about 30 ft over my head when i was watching the angels from a friends roof.

if the chimney hadn't been there, i wouldn't be here lol

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 08:46 PM
This type of stuff seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars. Videos that are essentially synchronized swimming, done in airplanes? How much did fuel for those four airplanes cost me?

del
11-11-2015, 08:46 PM
at your income level, you're not paying taxes

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 08:54 PM
at your income level, you're not paying taxes

$1,800 a year in property taxes, liar.

del
11-11-2015, 08:56 PM

property taxes don't finance the military, genius, and apparently they don't finance schools where you live, either.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 08:59 PM
This type of stuff seems like a waste of taxpayer dollars. Videos that are essentially synchronized swimming, done in airplanes? How much did fuel for those four airplanes cost me?

It is nationalism.

And a recruitment tool.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:01 PM

$33K in income taxes. Keep up slacker.

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 09:01 PM
property taxes don't finance the military, genius, and apparently they don't finance schools where you live, either.

I don't go to school here, you presumptuous little twat. I went to school in Minnesota and Tennessee.

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 09:02 PM

Do you still receive money for the military service you did in the past?

del

get a new tax guy

Peter1469
Do you still receive money for the military service you did in the past?
Not yet. My retirement will be a reserve retirement and I won't get it until I am 59.5.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:04 PM
get a new tax guy

My "tax guy" tells me to stop bitching, or take a pay cut. I don't want to take a pay cut- especially in the DC metro area.

del
11-11-2015, 09:06 PM
My "tax guy" tells me to stop bitching, or take a pay cut. I don't want to take a pay cut- especially in the DC metro area.

all the more reason to get a new one

i don't hire those people to tell me i can't do something; i hire them to do it

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
all the more reason to get a new one

i don't hire those people to tell me i can't do something; i hire them to do it

On a fixed monthly income (salary) what would you do to shield it from income taxes?

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Not yet. My retirement will be a reserve retirement and I won't get it until I am 59.5.

Ah. And do you think the old lazy asses in government that don't produce anything are paying for that retirement or does it come from taxes that ordinary citizens like me pay?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for your service and the service of all military personnel, but I do feel like a slave to you and the government for working a shit job so my tax dollars can help pay for you (and them) to retire in prosperity.

del
11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
On a fixed monthly income (salary) what would you do to shield it from income taxes?

i didn't say hire me, you silly fuck

lol

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Ah. And do you think the old lazy asses in government that don't produce anything are paying for that retirement or does it come from taxes that ordinary citizens like me pay?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for your service and the service of all military personnel, but I do feel like a slave to you and the government for working a shit job so my tax dollars can help pay for you to retire in prosperity.

I thank you for your service. :wink:

I don't know what to say. Get rid of the benefits and you won't have much of an army to do your bidding (or the bidding of the nation).

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
i didn't say hire me, you silly fuck

lol

I was asking for free advice. :wink:

del
11-11-2015, 09:10 PM
I was asking for free advice. :wink:

it will be worth every penny, too

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:12 PM
I will be moving back into my condo in the summer, so I will get the mortgage interest deduction back. That will help.

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 09:19 PM
I thank you for your service. :wink:

I don't know what to say. Get rid of the benefits and you won't have much of an army to do your bidding (or the bidding of the nation).

That's fine. I think in general the work that the powers that be make you guys perform is useless and a waste of money. That video might be the least of such, given that no lives were lost and we didn't piss off any idiotic foreigners in the process.

You did not make a difference in your duty and the people fighting towelheads now aren't making a difference either, yet the nation is still shelling out hard-earned money for it.

Don't you feel maybe a little more than just a tinge of regret when you look back on it all? Not as much as a genuine leech and taker should, but a good bit just the same?

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:25 PM
That's fine. I think in general the work that the powers that be make you guys perform is useless and a waste of money. That video might be the least of such, given that no lives were lost and we didn't piss off any idiotic foreigners in the process.

You did not make a difference in your duty and the people fighting towelheads now aren't making a difference either, yet the nation is still shelling out hard-earned money for it.

Don't you feel a little maybe a little more than just a tinge of regret when you look back on it all? Not as much as a genuine leech and taker should, but a good bit just the same?

My experience moved me from being a Neocon (a rabid one like Ransom) towards the realism school of foreign policy.

GrassrootsConservative
11-11-2015, 09:36 PM
My experience moved me from being a Neocon (a rabid one like Ransom) towards the realism school of foreign policy.

As the days go by I find myself becoming even more of an extremist. I'm not sure I'm even a Conservative anymore. More isolationist on foreign policy, as you can see here. I'm constantly finding new things to hate the government for. Progressives are making me angry to the point of toxicity. Even Conservatives now are too authoritarian for me.

Peter1469
11-11-2015, 09:38 PM
As the days go by I find myself becoming even more of an extremist. I'm not sure I'm even a Conservative anymore. More isolationist on foreign policy, as you can see here. I'm constantly finding new things to hate the government for. Progressives are making me angry to the point of toxicity. Even Conservatives now are too authoritarian for me.

I can't fault that.

But I never made shifts in my point of view while deployed. That wasn't something we thought about.

It was after when I saw the GOP doing the same stupid stuff than the Dems were. And republican activists telling me that I had to vote GOP or else.

For what? You people are tools.