PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews just ripped Rience Priebus a new AZZ on Morning Joe

Cigar
08-27-2012, 07:40 AM
When MSNBC has clips from about 7:20am CST available, do yourself a favor and watch it.

About Mitt Romney playing the race card in Michigan with his birther comments and the Obama giving Checks.

Wow ... Rience Priebus had zero comeback ... :grin:

Peter1469
08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Mitt's "birther" comments don't play the race card. People who say that Mitt's comments play the race card are the ones playing the race card.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Yea it was just a Joke.

He should tell it again at the Convention.

Personally I like a good Joke, and he should tell that Joke everyday from now until the Election.

Besides, it's only a Joke and everyone loves a good Joke. :)

Peter1469
08-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Whether it was a joke or not has nothing whatsoever to do with the race card. If anything it was the nationality card....

Cigar
08-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Whether it was a joke or not has nothing whatsoever to do with the race card. If anything it was the nationality card....

Yea ... I didn't say it, Chris did.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-bKEDTUg8&feature=player_embedded

Thanks to MSNBC; because this is quite obviously the Morning Joe show :)

Mainecoons
08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Chris Matthews.

:rofl:

patrickt
08-27-2012, 08:11 AM
My god. Someone who not only watches Chris "Tingly Leg" Matthews but respects him. Of course, Cigar is so dense he, and Chris "I'm not Biased" Matthews, still think racism is found only on the right.

So, for the nitwits, VP Biden's "chains" comment was clearly racist but Gov. Romney's jibe about showing his birth certificate wasn't. Humor is a cultural attribute so people who aren't Americans have trouble understanding the humor.

KC
08-27-2012, 08:41 AM
You can't spell Reince Priebus without Prince Rebus. Check and mate, Republicans.

Peter1469
08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Yea ... I didn't say it, Chris did.

Chris Matthews is a corrupt member of the DNC posing as a journalist.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Chris Matthews is a corrupt member of the DNC posing as a journalist.

That's it ... ?

Well I guess that more the RCN Chair could do.

Mister D
08-27-2012, 09:04 AM
That's it ... ?

Well I guess that more the RCN Chair could do.

What?

Goldie Locks
08-27-2012, 09:10 AM
So only black people don't have birth certificates and only black people are on welfare??? God Mathews is such a tool!

birddog
08-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Yea it was just a Joke.

He should tell it again at the Convention.

Personally I like a good Joke, and he should tell that Joke everyday from now until the Election.

Besides, it's only a Joke and everyone loves a good Joke. :)

That's why we luv ya cigar! :laugh:

Cigar
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
That's why we luv ya cigar! :laugh:

Good, then I would expect no complaints ... pass the word on to management :)

bladimz
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
I saw this exchange on Morning Joe this morning, and was blown away. Reince Preibus was totally spanked by Matthews. Joe tried to interject, in an attempt to draw Chris away from the RNC chairman, but was only minimally successful. You could imagine Preibus running off the set, to the mens room, to cry and rant and shake his fist at God. At the core of it all, as Chris asked, what was funny about Mitt's "joke". If it wasn't a direct jab at Obama and the attack against his place of birth and his nationality, what was it? What was the joke?

The tweets were flying fast and furious this morning; i've never seen anything like it. Like him or not, Matthews chewed Preibus up and spat him out.

Cigar
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Reince had NO come-backs at all ... he just sat there a took in like a little Bitch.

Kinda reminds me of "D" :)

bladimz
08-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Reince had NO come-backs at all ... he just sat there a took in like a little Bitch.

Kinda reminds me of "D" :)I think you might have something there. LOL

Jack Fate
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Did Mathews talk about a tingle running up his leg when speaking about Obama?

There is nothing racist about Romneys' joke. The Dems are so desperate they'll whine about anything. I agree with Reince. If more than 10 people watched the show, there might be something to it.

Mainecoons
08-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Funny isn't it? Blad and Cigar actually think that watching Matthews is a recommendation and a source of anything useful. OTOH, they wouldn't hesitate to jeer at any of us who listen to Limbaugh, a right wing ranter.

You are smart and well educated if you watch left wing ranters but a gun toting WalMart shopper if you watch/listen to their right wing counterparts.

And then they wonder why no one here takes them seriously.

Jack Fate
08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Funny isn't it? Blad and Cigar actually think that watching Matthews is a recommendation and a source of anything useful. OTOH, they wouldn't hesitate to jeer at any of us who listen to Limbaugh, a right wing ranter.

You are smart and well educated if you watch left wing ranters but a gun toting WalMart shopper if you watch/listen to their right wing counterparts.

And then they wonder why no one here takes them seriously.

Instead of buying a vowel, they need to buy a clue.

Jack Fate
08-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Newt slapped the silly little twit upside his stupid noggin.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/27/newt-gingrich-asks-chris-matthews-what-kind-of-racist-thinking-do-you-have/

MMC
08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Chris Matthews????? The guy on MSDNC who acts like he has never seen a Black Person before? :rollseyes: You mean the guy that gets away with Disrespecting women all the time. :shocked:

Now that is Funny! :laugh:

bladimz
08-27-2012, 10:35 PM

And then they wonder why no one here takes them seriously.Just to correct you, which you do need quite often, this exchange took place on Morning Joe Monday morning. I wasn't watching Hardball. And no, i don't jeer at you, i feel sad for you and all those gun-toters who listen to him. He never gives his listeners anything to think about. He just tells them what they should think and do... sad. Very sad.

Mainecoons
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Well I don't listen to Limbaugh which I've made very plain a number of times to you. That was my point. You listen to a Matthews and worse, you get your information from throughly debunked sites like Stink Progress and then like the flaming hypocrite you are, you deride people who you think listen to a Limbaugh. Unlke Matthews, Limbaugh gets his facts right much of the time even if he covers them in bombast. Bombast is all you and your sources have, no real facts behind it.

I don't have to correct you much because you don't offer anything of substance here or I suspect anywhere else. Your response to being asked to respond substantively to the technical people who have exposed the Obama BC forgery shows that when it comes to you and your ideas, Blad, there's no there there. You're just a bag of hot air who sits around and spews venon at people who are more successful than you. And that probably includes a few of those WalMart shoppers you like to look down your nose at.

patrickt
08-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I think Chris "Mr. Tingly Leg" Mathews is bucking either for late night television slot as a comedian or to be a paid spokesman for the DNC instead of a volunteer.

"Can MSNBC's Chris Matthews make himself any more of a laughing stock? He's having fantasies that if he were Obama he'd "marry" Bill Clinton! This is serious.One has to wonder why people like Mathews have any credibility at all, with such obvious hero worship they engage in for Democrat leaders. As Matthews sits gushing like a schoolgirl, moon-eyed over a crush on political leaders, one has to wonder how his "analysis" could be possibly taken seriously by anyone.

Matthews and his fellow MSNBCers simply have no credibility whatsoever. No wonder NBC is trying so desperately to distance itself from its cable cousin."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/08/23/Tingles-Matthews-If-I-Were-Obama-I-d-Marry-Bill-Clinton

And now, even Chris "I Am Balanced" Mathews is walking back his attack on Priebus by saying he got a little over-emotional.

Venus
08-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Only Obama can make birther jokes.

http://youtu.be/cNjzVpMlWa0

Venus
08-28-2012, 08:28 AM
About 1:49 or so in Priebus says something like, "Good for you, you came loaded up".

Chrissy was drunk? LOL

It would explain his irrational rant.

MMC
08-28-2012, 09:35 AM
The other Night Matthews was sitting on the Plane to Tampa with Michael Medved. Medved stated that Matthews said on the plane that he was sure that Romney was a good guy. Yet when back on MSDNC that Matthews was looking to assassinate the Charachter of Romney.

Truthfully Matthews always proves he is out of touch with the American people.

bladimz
08-28-2012, 12:11 PM
You're just a bag of hot air who sits around and spews venon at people who are more successful than you. And that probably includes a few of those WalMart shoppers you like to look down your nose at. Really? Venom? You're the one who called me an asshole, twice.

Why do you think i look down at Wal-Mart shoppers? Why do you lie like that?

bladimz
08-28-2012, 12:16 PM
About 1:49 or so in Priebus says something like, "Good for you, you came loaded up".

Chrissy was drunk? LOL

It would explain his irrational rant.That doesn't say much for Preibus, does it? Preibus also felt compelled to call Chris's call-out a monologue. If it were a monologue, it's only because RP had no substantive response to the questions. What you saw there was someone being spanked soundly.

Mainecoons
08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
What you saw, if you are dumb enough to watch anything on MSNBC, is more Matthews ranting and manifestation of a mental disorder of some sort. Such as extreme liberalism.

Too bad there's no medicine for it, you and Chris could definitely use some. :grin:

MMC
08-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Chris Matthews.....definately. Now Blad.....I think we can save! :laugh:

Venus
08-28-2012, 12:25 PM
That doesn't say much for Preibus, does it? Preibus also felt compelled to call Chris's call-out a monologue. If it were a monologue, it's only because RP had no substantive response to the questions. What you saw there was someone being spanked soundly.

Preibus couldn't get a word in because of all the overtalking Chrissy was doing.

MMC
08-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Do you think thats why Chrissy the Prissy avoids all other talk shows except like Ellen and Oprah or the View. :wink:

bladimz
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Preibus couldn't get a word in because of all the overtalking Chrissy was doing.The truth of it is that Chris stopped to hear Preibus' answer to his question: "What was the joke that Romney told? What was funny about it?" RP could not, or would not give him a straight answer... he said something about campaigns needing levity, or some such thing. Levity implies humor. We've been told that he was just joking. What was the joke? Chris waited for him to answer... he gave him the opportunity to rebut.

In fact, Joe interfered on behalf of RP, drawing Matthews away from his target for a little bit. Joe asked him a question, and Chris immediately answered him. No muss, no fuss. Why couldn't Preibus do the same?

Jack Fate
08-28-2012, 01:39 PM
The truth of it is that Chris stopped to hear Preibus' answer to his question: "What was the joke that Romney told? What was funny about it?" RP could not, or would not give him a straight answer... he said something about campaigns needing levity, or some such thing. Levity implies humor. We've been told that he was just joking. What was the joke? Chris waited for him to answer... he gave him the opportunity to rebut.

In fact, Joe interfered on behalf of RP, drawing Matthews away from his target for a little bit. Joe asked him a question, and Chris immediately answered him. No muss, no fuss. Why couldn't Preibus do the same?

The joke was not funny to Obamabots. The Obamabots take it as an insult. They're sooooooooo sensitive. Just another case of loving the dishing it out part, but not being mature enough to handle the blowback. Chris Matthews should change the name of his show to "Limp & Flacid".

bladimz
08-28-2012, 02:14 PM
The joke was not funny to Obamabots. The Obamabots take it as an insult. They're sooooooooo sensitive. Just another case of loving the dishing it out part, but not being mature enough to handle the blowback. Chris Matthews should change the name of his show to "Limp & Flacid".Ok, the Obamabots didn't like it. But forget them for a minute. Pretend they don't even exist... Just as a republican, what was it about that "joke" that was funny? It's not like a "guy and a duck walk into a bar" kind of joke, right? What kind of joke is it, and what makes it funny?

Agravan
08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok, the Obamabots didn't like it. But forget them for a minute. Pretend they don't even exist... Just as a republican, what was it about that "joke" that was funny? It's not like a "guy and a duck walk into a bar" kind of joke, right? What kind of joke is it, and what makes it funny?

Really? You need it explained to you in detail? YOU don't find it funny so you think no one should?
Obviously, no amount of explanation will ever be good enough for you. You are so offended by the thought of someone ridiculing obama that you will refuse to see the funny in anything that does ridicule him.
That joke you told about what's dumber than a Republican? I did not find it particularly funny, but I could see where, if I was a leftist, it would be funny (or at least slightly humorous). But I'm not going to go around demanding explanations as to why it was funny to someone else. That is just pathetic and shows a total lack of sportsmanship. As was said before, You, on the left, can dish it out but get your panties in a wad when it's done to you.
By the way, can you explain what was funny about the "Romney-Hood" reference, especially since the idiot-in-chief obviously does not even understand the background behind the Robin Hood story.

Venus
08-29-2012, 08:04 AM
The truth of it is that Chris stopped to hear Preibus' answer to his question: "What was the joke that Romney told? What was funny about it?" RP could not, or would not give him a straight answer... he said something about campaigns needing levity, or some such thing. Levity implies humor. We've been told that he was just joking. What was the joke? Chris waited for him to answer... he gave him the opportunity to rebut.

Honestly, who gives two s**ts. It was a joke, not a very funny one but a joke none the less. Just like Obama's joke about his birth certicate wasn't very funny, the one where he was making fun of the birthers during a prayer meeting. We all have those moments.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Maybe if Democrates and liberals stop crying racism and stomping their feet over everything the other side does they might be taken more seriously.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 08:39 AM
When most comedian’s tell a Jokes, they expect their audience to laugh at the punch-line, not stand up and Cheer.

CNN Finds Itself In An Exquisitely Awkward Spot Over The Taunting Of Its African American Camerawoman

So it’s worth noting why that probably is. There’s a normal and correct tendency for a news outfit not to want to make itself into the story. But this goes way beyond that and puts CNN in an exquisitely awkward position. CNN has been bending over backwards of late trying to position itself as the last holy beacon of objectivity and fairness in cable news, as Fox and MSNBC play to more clearly partisan audiences. Meanwhile, they’re under almost constant assault from conservatives for alleged (and basically mythical) liberal bias.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/08/cnns_exquisitely_awkward_spot.php

Once again ... their true colors are showing by their actions...

Agravan
08-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Romney never claimed to be a comedian

Venus
08-29-2012, 08:41 AM
When most comedian’s tell a Jokes, they expect their audience to laugh at the punch-line, not stand up and Cheer.

Maybe it's good that neither Obama nor Romney are comedians then.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
The frustrated Chris "my leg tingles" Mathews frequently does monologues because if he allows a guest to speak he loses control and doesn't get to make his hysterical speeches.

Three cheers for Herman Cain. MSNBC, agent for the Smear and Fear Campaign, doesn't exist. Chris "I'm Balanced" Mathews can rant to his handful of followers, like Cigar, until he wanders off to play shuffleboard with Keith Oblermann.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Has anyone seen Herman :)

Mister D
08-29-2012, 09:06 AM

My guess is he's out being more successful than you could even imagine being. :smiley:

Cigar
08-29-2012, 09:23 AM
My guess is he's out being more successful than you could even imagine being. :smiley:

No thanks ... one Women is more than enough for me. :)

Mister D
08-29-2012, 09:26 AM
No thanks ... one Women is more than enough for me. :)

One women? :laugh: How two woman? You're such a mess. Cigar.

birddog
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM

I guess that means you have not been watching Fox News the last few days. Shame! Shame!

Herman is alive and well.

Also, hopefully you watched the Convention last night for truth and enlightenment.

Agravan
08-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Democrats have absolutely no use for truth and enlightenment.
It's like garlic and holy water to a vampire.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Chris Matthews should have his press pass pulled. He is a covert operative for the DNC.

Mister D
08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Matthew's slide was sickening. I used to watch Hardball. he appeared to become a rabid partisan dolt after the war in Iraq started but it was obvious (at least to me) that he was trying to be a caricature of a Fox News host in an effort to improve his ratings. It didn't work not least because the Fox shows are much more balanced than he ever gave them credit for.

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
That joke you told about what's dumber than a Republican? I did not find it particularly funny, but I could see where, if I was a leftist, it would be funny (or at least slightly humorous). But I'm not going to go around demanding explanations as to why it was funny to someone else.
By the way, can you explain what was funny about the "Romney-Hood" reference, especially since the idiot-in-chief obviously does not even understand the background behind the Robin Hood story.And that's why i said that i'd only tell that "what's dumber..." joke in a closed group, not in an open crowd. You read that part, right? I'm not demanding an explanation, but if you don't want to or can't, no problem. I'll just assume that you can't.

Did anyone say that the "Romney-Hood" reference was supposed to be funny?

Agravan
08-30-2012, 10:29 AM
And that's why i said that i'd only tell that "what's dumber..." joke in a closed group, not in an open crowd. You read that part, right? I'm not demanding an explanation, but if you don't want to or can't, no problem. I'll just assume that you can't.

Did anyone say that the "Romney-Hood" reference was supposed to be funny?

Obviously your buddies on the left thought it was hilarious.

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Only Obama can make birther jokes.

http://youtu.be/cNjzVpMlWa0...Do you think he was kidding when he said that? If so, why?

Agravan
08-30-2012, 10:37 AM
...Do you think he was kidding when he said that? If so, why?
Sure, he was trying to be funny. But is his BC reference racist as well? All other BC references seem to be.

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
The frustrated Chris "my leg tingles" Mathews frequently does monologues because if he allows a guest to speak he loses control and doesn't get to make his hysterical speeches.

Three cheers for Herman Cain. MSNBC, agent for the Smear and Fear Campaign, doesn't exist. Chris "I'm Balanced" Mathews can rant to his handful of followers, like Cigar, until he wanders off to play shuffleboard with Keith Oblermann.??? Who's Herman Cain???

patrickt
08-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Chris Matthews should have his press pass pulled. He is a covert operative for the DNC.

He is not covert. Not since his tingling leg revelation. He is clearly a paid operative of the DNC.

coolwalker
08-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I just wonder why he would go on MSNBC. He is a smart man and that was not a bright move. I wouldn't answer that crap either until Obama answered some questions...mainly why won't he reviel his college records? Oh gee, because he lied on his application maybe which would become a federal offense since they granted him foreign student status.

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Sure, he was trying to be funny. But is his BC reference racist as well? All other BC references seem to be."surely you can question my policies, without questioning my faith, or for that matter my citizenship." (paraphrased) It doesn't read funny to me. Some people giggled, but that doesn't mean that it was an attempt at being a joke. You know that.

Agravan
08-30-2012, 10:46 AM
"surely you can question my policies, without questioning my faith, or for that matter my citizenship." (paraphrased) It doesn't read funny to me. Some people giggled, but that doesn't mean that it was an attempt at being a joke. You know that.

So you missed the little smirk as he said it?

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I just wonder why he would go on MSNBC. He is a smart man and that was not a bright move. I wouldn't answer that crap either until Obama answered some questions...mainly why won't he reviel his college records?Apparently, he's not too bright, if he can't answer a simple, one-sentence question. Joe tried to help him out and failed. Preibus was simply not prepared for a direct confrontation.

Has there been any political opponents or media who have asked that question directly to the POTUS? I don't think so.

bladimz
08-30-2012, 10:52 AM
So you missed the little smirk as he said it?
I recognized the pause in his voice. There was no "smirk".

Agravan
08-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Apparently, he's not too bright, if he can't answer a simple, one-sentence question. Joe tried to help him out and failed. Preibus was simply not prepared for a direct confrontation.

Has there been any political opponents or media who have asked that question directly to the POTUS? I don't think so.

No one is allowed to ask "un-scripted" questions of POTUS. Especially not opponents.

Agravan
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
I recognized the pause in his voice. There was no "smirk".
OK. See what you want. Hear what you want. Neither I, nor any conservative, will ever convince you or your buddies of that which is obvious.