PDA

View Full Version : A migrant camp set ablaze

Peter1469
11-14-2015, 07:14 PM
And the backlash begins. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-fire-france-6830330#ICID=FB_mirror_main)

A lot of innocent people are going to suffer after yesterday's attack.

Fire broke out in the 'Jungle' refugee camp (http://mirror.co.uk/all-about/calais-migrant-crisis) near Calais last night - just hours after the terror attacks in Paris. (http://mirror.co.uk/all-about/paris-terror-attack)

At around 11pm volunteers helping migrants and refugees living in the northern French port shared pictures and video on social media.

One aid worker told Mirror Online that around 40 shelters were destroyed when an 'absolutely massive' fire broke out in a Sudanese area.

One video shows emergency service vehicles arriving at the camp, which houses around 6,000 migrants - mainly young men from Syria and North Africa.

Video at link.

Mister D
11-14-2015, 07:19 PM
The cries of "xenophobia" from Europe's suicidal political class will fall on deaf ears. It's tragic but they allowed this to happen.

Peter1469
11-14-2015, 07:19 PM
The cries of "xenophobia" from Europe's suicidal political class will fall on deaf ears. It's tragic but they allowed this to happen.

It is tragic. But it will be repeated. A lot, I predict.

Mister D
11-14-2015, 07:23 PM

I'm not going to pretend I don't think this is necessary though. It has to happen.

zelmo1234
11-14-2015, 07:27 PM
For too long there has been no consequences to those that refuse to take back their religion from the radicals.

Very few have even spoken out to condemn the actions of those that kill the innocent. Now it is time that their self proclaimed holy war comes to rest at their door step.

Common
11-14-2015, 08:02 PM
Merkel is the biggest proponent of this refugee mess. I dont see how she gets re elected.

Anyone think that all this can actually help Trump

Matty
11-14-2015, 08:03 PM
Merkel is the biggest proponent of this refugee mess. I dont see how she gets re elected.

I do.

Ethereal
11-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Of course, the general reaction to this terrorist attack will be completely divorced from the context of western foreign policy.

GrassrootsConservative
11-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Of course, the general reaction to this terrorist attack will be completely divorced from the context of western foreign policy.

Yes, we need to stop giving the diaperheads foreign aid. They don't appreciate it.

Ethereal
11-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Yes, we need to stop giving the diaperheads foreign aid. They don't appreciate it.

I don't disagree, but the point I was getting at is more about US government interventionism in countries like Iraq.

ISIS in its present form did not exist until the US government invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum for AQ to fill.

If the US government hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq, this attack would never have occurred.

Matty
11-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Bafc

Peter1469
11-15-2015, 04:08 AM

She may pivot and go full out against the migrants. She is a German Bill Clinton.

Peter1469
11-15-2015, 04:12 AM
I don't disagree, but the point I was getting at is more about US government interventionism in countries like Iraq.

ISIS in its present form did not exist until the US government invaded Iraq and created a power vacuum for AQ to fill.

If the US government hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq, this attack would never have occurred.

ISIL was Jama'at al-Tawid wal Jihad.

Peter1469
11-15-2015, 04:12 AM
ISIL was Jama'at al-Tawid wal Jihad.

They started up in 1998ish.

Gypsy
11-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I saw on the news, not sure which one, that the fire was not set. The reporter said that something they use for cooking overturned and the fire spread.

Cthulhu
11-15-2015, 09:52 PM
I'm not going to pretend I don't think this is necessary though. It has to happen.
About ten years late to boot.

I don't condone it, but I certainly understand it.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Archer0915
11-15-2015, 11:05 PM

It needs to be! These motherfuckers need to own it and got the fuck home, clean up the fucking messes and stop invading every damn where else.

Dr. Who
11-15-2015, 11:44 PM
One thing that I don't understand about the stream of refugees pouring into Europe - why are young able bodied males being accepted? If people are truly fleeing ISIS, isn't it incumbent on those of fighting age to save their way of life, rather than flee? It's a bit suspect. It does come across more like economic migration under a false flag and if that is true, it does a disservice to all of the people trying to immigrate legitimately. Any people accepted as refugees of a war, should not be considered for any permanent status. They should remain with refugee status until it is possible for them to return home, unless God forbid, their homeland is rendered uninhabitable OR they prove their value to their new homeland.

Cthulhu
11-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Impossible.

They hate us because of our freedoms.

Haven't you heard?

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Archer0915
11-16-2015, 07:31 AM
One thing that I don't understand about the stream of refugees pouring into Europe - why are young able bodied males being accepted? If people are truly fleeing ISIS, isn't it incumbent on those of fighting age to save their way of life, rather than flee? It's a bit suspect. It does come across more like economic migration under a false flag and if that is true, it does a disservice to all of the people trying to immigrate legitimately. Any people accepted as refugees of a war, should not be considered for any permanent status. They should remain with refugee status until it is possible for them to return home, unless God forbid, their homeland is rendered uninhabitable OR they prove their value to their new homeland.

Why the hell should they fight for it? Unless they install a dictator... Oh wait dictator or not they will end up having it destroyed. The want to take themselves to a safe place but they never realize that their way of life is the issue. Trouble follows.

TrueBlue
11-16-2015, 10:09 AM
And the backlash begins. (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/calais-migrant-camp-fire-france-6830330#ICID=FB_mirror_main)

A lot of innocent people are going to suffer after yesterday's attack.

Video at link.
It is indeed a very serious situation! Just this morning on the radio a discussion was taking place about people not wanting any Syrians to come into this country (The United States) any longer due to what has been happening. It is unfortunate that these turn of events had to transpire that has left people feeling very nervous about the situation and to not want Syrians in this country any longer. Realistically speaking, one can't blame them as one just does not know who is a terrorist sneaking in among them. How can we possibly tell? We have to guard our country well.

waltky
10-26-2016, 11:39 PM
Migrants burned out of their 'jungle' camp... Calais 'Jungle' children with nowhere to sleep Wed, 26 Oct 2016 - Several hundred migrants remain inside the "Jungle" camp in Calais, BBC reporters at the scene say, despite French officials claiming the camp is now empty.
Hundreds of migrants remain at the Calais "Jungle" camp, including some 200 minors without beds. About 200 unaccompanied minors have been left with nowhere to sleep, our Europe reporter Gavin Lee says. Some 30 of them have been offered housing in a warehouse, but the situation for the rest remains unclear. They are said to be becoming increasingly desperate. Nearly 5,600 people have been moved to reception centres since Monday, the government said in a statement (in French), including about 1,500 unaccompanied minors being housed in an on-site container camp. Demolition crews are continuing to clear tents and shelters from the area amid smouldering fires reportedly set by departing migrants.
http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/320/cpsprodpb/14E2E/production/_92105558_184081a9-bd79-401d-a833-9579282c2bd9.jpg Migrants stand on a hill overlooking the "Jungle" migrant camp in Calais, northern France, as smoke rises Fabienne Buccio, the prefect of Pas-de-Calais, said it was "mission accomplished" for the operation. The camp has become a key symbol of Europe's migration crisis, with its residents desperate to reach the UK. Dorothy Sang of Save the Children earlier told the BBC that hundreds of children had not been able to register and enter the area for minors. "When there were fires raging in the camp, the camp was cleared, but the registration process for children was closed, and the containers were full. So there was literally nowhere for children to go," she said. Many had run away, she added, and their whereabouts were unknown. The UK Home Office said that French authorities were responsible for "all children in Calais during the clearance operation - including those being assessed for possible transfer to the UK". It was responding to a letter from Baroness Sheehan to Home Secretary Amber Rudd expressing her "extreme anger" after having seen some 100 mostly teenage boys being denied access to a processing centre on Tuesday night. About 1,500 unaccompanied minors are being housed on-site in a temporary shelter made up of modified shipping containers, according to a charity caring for them. Pierre Henry of France Terre d'Asile said the accommodation was full. The scene at Calais - Gavin Lee, BBC News Europe reporter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37783489)

MRogersNhood
10-27-2016, 01:20 AM
I'm not against them bringing in some Syrian refugees.
If they start to get out of hand there's always rope,trees,and guns.
There wouldn't be any if some certain person(s) never made it the US's national policy to try and institute "Regime-Change"™ in Syria.
Regime-Change™ has not ever worked successfully ever.