PDA

View Full Version : Voter ID is Good for America

Cigar
08-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Yea that's right ... I think Voter ID will eventually be a great thing for America and Americans once Americans have the time to get the required IDs. They my not be able to get everyone by November, but going forward, there will be no deny the strength in numbers and demographics.

It maybe a "suppression" tactic now, but it will be a true "majority" tactic going forward.

Mister D
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
What?

URF8
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Yea that's right ... I think Voter ID will eventually be a great thing for America and Americans once Americans have the time to get the required IDs. They my not be able to get everyone by November, but going forward, there will be no deny the strength in numbers and demographics.

It maybe a "suppression" tactic now, but it will be a true "majority" tactic going forward.

Latinos in my area kill Black people.

Mainecoons
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Glad to see the right wing aren't the only ones running around with nut conspiracy theories.

BTW all those oppressed Mexican voters, in Mexico, have voter ID. Isn't it a comfort to find out that "first world" America can't even rise to the basic ballot security level of second world Mexico?

:grin:

Cigar
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Latinos in my area kill Black people.

Yea and White People in my area clean my toilet ... fertilize my grass.

Mister D
08-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Yeah, I'd imagine the DPW or the county cleans the park. :smiley:

Captain Obvious
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM

Can someone translate this?

URF8
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM

I bet White people line up to take a dump on your lawn. Amiright? Nobody likes an asshole.

patrickt
08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Viviette Applewhite was conned into testifying for the pro-fraud folks but somewhere in the process she learned a secret. The day after the hearing where she testified about being disenfranchized she got on a bus and went and got her ID. She's 93-years old and she's smarter and more capable than the average Democrat.

Congratulations, Ms. Applewhite and don't let those bastards use you again.

Goldie Locks
08-27-2012, 06:14 PM

Pictures and proof please.

Goldie Locks
08-27-2012, 06:16 PM

I think he's agreeing with voter ID, but who really knows.

GrumpyDog
08-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Voter ID bad idea now. But if the party that was suppressed wins anyway, then it be good thing to use to keep the other party down in the future.

Peter1469
08-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Silly nonsense. If you can't be bothered to get an ID you ought to not be bothered to vote.

WalterSobchak
08-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Voter ID is great. As long as it's free. Wouldn't want to make it harder for low income folks to aquire one now would we?

Peter1469
08-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Of course not. And the State can provide free transportation to and from the ID place for the .00001% of the citizens who can't manage on their own.

WalterSobchak
08-28-2012, 11:27 PM
As long as the Voter ID's are free. I am for it 100%

wingrider
08-28-2012, 11:42 PM
Voter ID is great. As long as it's free. Wouldn't want to make it harder for low income folks to aquire one now would we?
how many poor people drive, cash checks, pay bills, apply for credit, etc? all of this requires an ID.. yet you all throw a bitch fit about requiring it to vote.. ?? sometimes I really don't understand how people think or if they even do.

KC
08-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Voter ID is one of the things that really, really makes me wish I wasn't associated with the left.

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 01:10 AM
10 actual cases of voter fraud since 2000.

WOW! Now that is a good reason to rush through a requirement that might very well prevent a lot of people from getting an ID in time to vote in the 2012 election. Especially since birth certificate is required to get ID.
There was no problem to begin with. Purely a tactic to try to shave off some of the Democrats, especially elderly, who may not even have a birth certificate, or lost the one they did have, forcing them to have to PAY THE GOVERNMENT A FEE to get a new one, JUST to exercise their constitutional right to vote. GEEZ man, this a really low tactic.

What will happen if the rightwing wins? Will there be more requirements added? Like raising your hand, and swearing on a book that you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Will we have to cite the Pledge of Allegiance too? Maybe DNA samples? Or, urine test to prove we are have not taken any drugs or alchohol.
Spelling exam? Name the 50 states of USA? Recite one passage from the Bible? Women who have had abortions not allowed because they will be in prison when Republican no exception law and 14th amendment expanded gets legislated?

KSigMason
08-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Stupid thread is stupid.

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 01:33 AM
It maybe a "suppression" tactic now, but it will be a true "majority" tactic going forward.It's to keep the vote honest, something party dems don't want. You know it, I know it, we all know it. :rollseyes:

Awryly
08-29-2012, 02:25 AM

Majority suppression? All good.

Who let those Hispanics in, anyway? Not to mention all those ungrateful blacks who turned down that haven of freed slaves - Liberia.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 04:59 AM
how many poor people drive, cash checks, pay bills, apply for credit, etc? all of this requires an ID.. yet you all throw a bitch fit about requiring it to vote.. ?? sometimes I really don't understand how people think or if they even do.

You forgot the liquor store.

RollingWave
08-29-2012, 05:04 AM
speaking of liquor store, that's one aspect I find baffling in the US, here we basically trust anyoen to sell liquor, and trust mostly their common sense to not sell them to little kids. (which is illegal, but mostly fined after the fact if caught).

Still, we don't usually have kids drinking the shit out of themself here, that's almost unheard of.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 05:07 AM
10 actual cases of voter fraud since 2000.

WOW! Now that is a good reason to rush through a requirement that might very well prevent a lot of people from getting an ID in time to vote in the 2012 election. Especially since birth certificate is required to get ID.
There was no problem to begin with. Purely a tactic to try to shave off some of the Democrats, especially elderly, who may not even have a birth certificate, or lost the one they did have, forcing them to have to PAY THE GOVERNMENT A FEE to get a new one, JUST to exercise their constitutional right to vote. GEEZ man, this a really low tactic.

What will happen if the rightwing wins? Will there be more requirements added? Like raising your hand, and swearing on a book that you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Will we have to cite the Pledge of Allegiance too? Maybe DNA samples? Or, urine test to prove we are have not taken any drugs or alchohol.
Spelling exam? Name the 50 states of USA? Recite one passage from the Bible? Women who have had abortions not allowed because they will be in prison when Republican no exception law and 14th amendment expanded gets legislated?

Link.

Over 1000 felons illegally voted in Minnesota so that the Clown Al Fraken could be a US Senator. http://washingtonexaminer.com/york-when-1099-felons-vote-in-race-won-by-312-ballots/article/2504163

That is a tad bit more than 10, and in just one election.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 09:12 AM
speaking of liquor store, that's one aspect I find baffling in the US, here we basically trust anyoen to sell liquor, and trust mostly their common sense to not sell them to little kids. (which is illegal, but mostly fined after the fact if caught).

Still, we don't usually have kids drinking the shit out of themself here, that's almost unheard of.

I suspect your government hasn't had the destruction of families as a target for forty years.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 12:14 PM

What part of "I am 100% in favor of Voter ID" are you having a hard time understanding?

But if this ID is required to vote, it MUST be free for the citizens who need to aquire it.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM
What part of "I am 100% in favor of Voter ID" are you having a hard time understanding?

But if this ID is required to vote, it MUST be free for the citizens who need to aquire it.

Agree ... I sure didn't have to pay for a SS Card.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Agree ... I sure didn't have to pay for a SS Card.

I don't have a problem with that. Most states that do require valid IDs for voting have a free ID program.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't have a problem with that. Most states that do require valid IDs for voting have a free ID program.

Then we're in agreement ... should be done and given more time for everyone.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 12:27 PM

But that's where this turns to a big deal. If this became a federal law, the GOP would NOT support this new ID being free. You can guarantee that.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 12:42 PM
But that's where this turns to a big deal. If this became a federal law, the GOP would NOT support this new ID being free. You can guarantee that.

I don't know why not. Anyway, these are typically state laws. Why does the federal government need to intervene?

Mister D
08-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Walter, haven't you oft remarked on the endemic corruption in US politics? How could anyone, barring corruption, be against something eminently sensible as photo ID laws?

Mainecoons
08-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Walter, you have no basis for making that statement. The voter ID laws that have been passed by Republicans have all provided for free ID.

When I see these kinds of uninformed and partisan biased posts from you, I get the impression you're really just another DNC shill trying to pretend he's otherwise. You seem to be very quiet when it comes to criticizing the excesses of the Democrats and the radical leftist demonstrators. That sure doesn't strike me as typical of a libertarian. The Republican establishment isn't very libertarian but they are a whole lot more so than today's radicalized Democratic Party.

You are in the minority in America, three fourths want voter ID. You're wrong, they're right. I've been there and seen it. It was widespread in NM and it was Democrats always. Regardless of how they get registered, if a voter has to show up at the polls and show an ID corresponding to the registration, it is going to make fraud a whole lot harder. Exactly why Mexico implemented universal voter ID 10 years ago. It works, it is easy, it costs the voter nothing, it hasn't suppressed anything other than the practice of sending fake voters to the polls, a common practice in Mexico before ID was implemented.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Walter, haven't you oft remarked on the endemic corruption in US politics? How could anyone, barring corruption, be against something eminently sensible as photo ID laws?

Walter, you have no basis for making that statement. The voter ID laws that have been passed by Republicans have all provided for free ID.

When I see these kinds of uninformed and partisan biased posts from you, I get the impression you're really just another DNC shill trying to pretend he's otherwise. You seem to be very quiet when it comes to criticizing the excesses of the Democrats and the radical leftist demonstrators. That sure doesn't strike me as typical of a libertarian. The Republican establishment isn't very libertarian but they are a whole lot more so than today's radicalized Democratic Party.

You are in the minority in America, three fourths want voter ID. You're wrong, they're right. I've been there and seen it. It was widespread in NM and it was Democrats always. Regardless of how they get registered, if a voter has to show up at the polls and show an ID corresponding to the registration, it is going to make fraud a whole lot harder. Exactly why Mexico implemented universal voter ID 10 years ago. It works, it is easy, it costs the voter nothing, it hasn't suppressed anything other than the practice of sending fake voters to the polls, a common practice in Mexico before ID was implemented.

Holy hell people! How many fucking times do I have to say "I AM FOR VOTER ID LAWS"?!?!?!?

If they are free in EVERY STATE, I have NO PROBLEM WITH THEM!!!!

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/aclu_wants_to_block_voter_id_l.html

Pennsylvania’s law requiring all voters to show a valid photo ID doesn’t go into effect until this fall. A group led by the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania is asking a court to block the law (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/aclu_sues_state_over_voter_id.html) before it can potentially impact a presidential election.
Suing on behalf of 10 state residents and three nonprofits in Dauphin County court, the ACLU alleges the law Gov. Tom Corbett signed in March illegally disenfranchises voters.
They argue that the voter ID law (http://topics.pennlive.com/tag/voter id/index.html)places an undue burden on the estimated 90,000 eligible voters who do not have a photo identification card, many of whom are elderly or poor

The suit asks for a June 18 hearing on the ACLU’s request for a preliminary injunction to block the law.
Six of the 10 petitioners — all are civic-minded, regular voters — do not have a valid ID and cannot get one, according to the lawsuit, because their state of birth cannot find a birth certificate necessary to apply for an ID. These six include voters born in the segregation-era South and a U.S. Army veteran.

The problem is not just getting an ID, Walczak said. It’s the time and cost often required to get the documents necessary to get an ID, such as a birth certificate or Social Security card

This case, unlike that one, is based solely on the Pennsylvania Constitution’s guarantee of an equal right to vote, Walczak said. Also, unlike that case, this one includes petitioners who will be denied the right to vote under the current law because they don’t have a birth certificate.
“Some of them have tried for years,” Walczak said. “Some of them with attorneys, who have not been able to get birth certificates.”

The cost of obtaining a birth certificate — $10 for residents born in Pennsylvania, $50 for residents born elsewhere — can be a hindrance for the poor, Walczak said. There are only six offices around the state that issue them, and ordering one by mail can take 14 weeks, a hardship for those who can’t easily travel.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 01:46 PM
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/aclu_wants_to_block_voter_id_l.html

Pennsylvania’s law requiring all voters to show a valid photo ID doesn’t go into effect until this fall. A group led by the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania is asking a court to block the law (http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/aclu_sues_state_over_voter_id.html) before it can potentially impact a presidential election.
Suing on behalf of 10 state residents and three nonprofits in Dauphin County court, the ACLU alleges the law Gov. Tom Corbett signed in March illegally disenfranchises voters.
They argue that the voter ID law (http://topics.pennlive.com/tag/voter%20id/index.html)places an undue burden on the estimated 90,000 eligible voters who do not have a photo identification card, many of whom are elderly or poor

The suit asks for a June 18 hearing on the ACLU’s request for a preliminary injunction to block the law.
Six of the 10 petitioners — all are civic-minded, regular voters — do not have a valid ID and cannot get one, according to the lawsuit, because their state of birth cannot find a birth certificate necessary to apply for an ID. These six include voters born in the segregation-era South and a U.S. Army veteran.

The problem is not just getting an ID, Walczak said. It’s the time and cost often required to get the documents necessary to get an ID, such as a birth certificate or Social Security card

This case, unlike that one, is based solely on the Pennsylvania Constitution’s guarantee of an equal right to vote, Walczak said. Also, unlike that case, this one includes petitioners who will be denied the right to vote under the current law because they don’t have a birth certificate.
“Some of them have tried for years,” Walczak said. “Some of them with attorneys, who have not been able to get birth certificates.”

The cost of obtaining a birth certificate — $10 for residents born in Pennsylvania, $50 for residents born elsewhere — can be a hindrance for the poor, Walczak said. There are only six offices around the state that issue them, and ordering one by mail can take 14 weeks, a hardship for those who can’t easily travel.

Those 6 people are idiots. They should sue their attorneys if they can't do something so simple as get a birth certificate.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 01:57 PM

It should not be a federal law since voting is by state. An convicted felon may be eligible to vote in one state and not in another. I don't know why you want him to back your guarantee. Oh, right, you know it's bullshit so you aren't going to stand behind your guarantee.

Some day most states will require a photo ID to vote. Some states require a non-photo ID such as a utility bill. I think that's a waste of time. I suspect the states where fraud is a tradition will continue to refuse to require IDs. If the voters in those states are willing to tolerate that, so be it.

Please note that the liberals aren't demanding free IDs for the poor or for everyone. They're resisting any efforts to eliminate election fraud.

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 03:48 PM
So basically,what you conservatives, who are for limited government, and less intrusive government, are saying,is that people must submit their papers, must have ID to exercise all their constitutional rights. Must have ID for 1st through 4th amendment.. Oh, thats right, George Bush stripped 4th amendment, so whether you got ID or not is irrelevant since Patriotic Act gives CIA the right to kidnap you, interrogate you, and terminate you, in secret locations, without due process.

Now I will be the 1st Democrat to criticize Obama for this same violation of 4th amendment, and failure to end the expanded police state that Bush/Cheney created, so do not mistake my criticism as soley directed at Reps/Cons. My point,is , that there is already too much government intrusion, and that Voter ID adds just another layer, and is an unneccessary requirement. Out of the total of voters in the whole USA, there is less than 4% if that much, who have attempted voter fraud. The cure causes exponentially greater damage than the symptom which has been exaggerated by Reps to try to suppress voter turnout. If you cannot win the peoples minds, then limit their voting, is that it?

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 04:06 PM
So basically,what you conservatives, who are for limited government, and less intrusive government, are saying,is that people must submit their papers, must have ID to exercise all their constitutional rights. Must have ID for 1st through 4th amendment.. Oh, thats right, George Bush stripped 4th amendment, so whether you got ID or not is irrelevant since Patriotic Act gives CIA the right to kidnap you, interrogate you, and terminate you, in secret locations, without due process.

Now I will be the 1st Democrat to criticize Obama for this same violation of 4th amendment, and failure to end the expanded police state that Bush/Cheney created, so do not mistake my criticism as soley directed at Reps/Cons. My point,is , that there is already too much government intrusion, and that Voter ID adds just another layer, and is an unneccessary requirement. Out of the total of voters in the whole USA, there is less than 4% if that much, who have attempted voter fraud. The cure causes exponentially greater damage than the symptom which has been exaggerated by Reps to try to suppress voter turnout. If you cannot win the peoples minds, then limit their voting, is that it?

You lack of understanding of government in America is pretty astounding. Requiring people to show that they are eligible to vote in a voting district is not a burden for legal voters.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Holy hell people! How many fucking times do I have to say "I AM FOR VOTER ID LAWS"?!?!?!?

If they are free in EVERY STATE, I have NO PROBLEM WITH THEM!!!!

It doesn't matter how often to say it, Walter. I don't believe you.

Awryly
08-29-2012, 07:55 PM

They argue that the voter ID law (http://topics.pennlive.com/tag/voter id/index.html)places an undue burden on the estimated 90,000 eligible voters who do not have a photo identification card, many of whom are elderly or poor

It is convenient to Republicans that black and Hispanics voters either can't get ID or can only vote at times that make it extremely difficult to do so.

It is totally foreign to NZ thinking about democratic process that individual local administrations can so distort what passes for American "democracy".

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 09:10 PM
It is convenient to Republicans that black and Hispanics voters either can't get ID or can only vote at times that make it extremely difficult to do so.

It is totally foreign to NZ thinking about democratic process that individual local administrations can so distort what passes for American "democracy".

Peter, time traveler from the year 1469, and possible now a Confederate soldier in the Army of Northern Virginia, (but in the year 1861), would probably say that your understanding of government is even less than that of GrumpyDog.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 09:23 PM
There is no person in the US that can't get an ID if they want one. You libs don't even believe this is an issue. You just want illegal votes because you can't win elections without cheating.

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
There is no person in the US that can't get an ID if they want one. You libs don't even believe this is an issue. You just want illegal votes because you can't win elections without cheating.

Not at all. We non conservatives know that there is likely the same probability of cheating among both Rep and Dem, we just do not see that it is worth creating more ways bureaucrats can cause a snafu at the voting booth. Seems to me, it is another way for each party to try to prevent the other sides voters from voting.

So in a Dem county, they might try some tactic like that your ID does not match your registration card, or vice versa, Rep county may do something similar. Why bother giving them more ways to screw up the process?

Agravan
08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Not at all. We non conservatives know that there is likely the same probability of cheating among both Rep and Dem, we just do not see that it is worth creating more ways bureaucrats can cause a snafu at the voting booth. Seems to me, it is another way for each party to try to prevent the other sides voters from voting.

So in a Dem county, they might try some tactic like that your ID does not match your registration card, or vice versa, Rep county may do something similar. Why bother giving them more ways to screw up the process?

That problem would be a non-issue. Just register to vote when you get your id and the names will match. You guys just like throwing up strawmen in order to avoid IDs.

GrumpyDog
08-29-2012, 09:43 PM
That problem would be a non-issue. Just register to vote when you get your id and the names will match. You guys just like throwing up strawmen in order to avoid IDs.

I thought the conservative side was for less bureaucracy? Bureaucracy, is the right word, because it is a pain just to remember how to spell the word itself.

Agravan
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I thought the conservative side was for less bureaucracy? Bureaucracy, is the right word, because it is a pain just to remember how to spell the word itself.

We already have a bureaucracy that issues IDs. Just get the ID where you get your licenses. There is absolutely no issues getting an ID unless you are illegal, a felon or trying to get one under a name other than your own. Most of the legislation offers, not only free IDs, but transportation to the ID office. What are your excuses then? If you cannot provide a BC to prove you are a citizen, then you don't get the ID, which is one of the reasons for the law, so that illegals can't vote. If you are a US citizen, but can't get your BC, then the local ID office should provide assistance, with a means test to determine how much, if any, cost you should bear.
That should resolve 99.9 percent of the issues you guys constantly whine about (cost, transportation, ease of access, lost BC), but I'm sure you guys would build more strawmen to aviod the ID issue.

Awryly
08-29-2012, 10:07 PM

Jeez. You mean Bush won fair 'n square in 2000 and 2004?

I heard it was just square.

Awryly
08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
We already have a bureaucracy that issues IDs. Just get the ID where you get your licenses. There is absolutely no issues getting an ID unless you are illegal, a felon or trying to get one under a name other than your own. Most of the legislation offers, not only free IDs, but transportation to the ID office. What are your excuses then? If you cannot provide a BC to prove you are a citizen, then you don't get the ID, which is one of the reasons for the law, so that illegals can't vote. If you are a US citizen, but can't get your BC, then the local ID office should provide assistance, with a means test to determine how much, if any, cost you should bear.
That should resolve 99.9 percent of the issues you guys constantly whine about (cost, transportation, ease of access, lost BC), but I'm sure you guys would build more strawmen to aviod the ID issue.

So how do you account for this?

During the 2011 legislative sessions, states across the country passed measures to make it harder for Americans – particularly African-Americans, the elderly, students and people with disabilities – to exercise their fundamental right to cast a ballot. Over thirty states considered laws that would require voters to present government-issued photo ID in order to vote. Studies suggest that up to 11 percent of American citizens lack such ID, and would be required to navigate the administrative burdens to obtain it or forego the right to vote entirely.

http://www.aclu.org/files/imagecache/mm_image_block/mm_images/wisc_frank_multi.jpg (http://www.aclu.org/voting-rights/voter-suppression-hits-brokaw-wisconsin)
Video: Voter Suppression Hits Brokaw, Wisconsin» (http://www.aclu.org/voting-rights/voter-suppression-hits-brokaw-wisconsin)

http://www.aclu.org/files/map_images/votersupp_500.gif (https://www.aclu.org/maps/our-shrinking-democracy-battle-against-voter-suppression)
Map: Our Shrinking Democracy: The Battle Against Voter Suppression » (https://www.aclu.org/maps/our-shrinking-democracy-battle-against-voter-suppression)
LEARN MORE
Voter Suppression » (http://www.aclu.org/voter-suppression)
Voting Rights Act » (http://www.aclu.org/voting-rights/voting-rights-act-0)
ACT NOW: Protect the Vote » (http://www.aclu.org/protectthevote)

Three additional states passed laws to require documentary proof of citizenship in order toregister (http://www.aclu.org/voter-suppression-america#) to vote, though as many as 7 percent of American citizens do not have such proof. Seven states shortened early voting time frames, even though over 30 percent of all votes cast in the 2008 general election were cast before Election Day. Two state legislatures voted to repeal Election Day registration laws, though Election Day registration increases voter turnout by 10-12 percent. Finally, two states passed legislation making it much more difficult for third-party organizations to register voters – so difficult, in fact, that some voter registration organizations are leaving the states altogether.

Myth-making?

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't know why not. Anyway, these are typically state laws. Why does the federal government need to intervene?
This ^

ID's are state issued, not federal. Duh~

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 10:39 PM

I heard it was just square.He did. The precincts with the problems were democrat run. Did you know?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9SlYS77Pdxg/TH0QffEmHZI/AAAAAAAAEz8/ovABnD5Suy8/s640/hanging_chad.jpg
Examining the hanging chad.

wingrider
08-30-2012, 12:05 AM
So how do you account for this?

Myth-making?

oh my you mean ACORN just might not be able to register cartoon characters and dead people in this states..

Awryly
08-30-2012, 12:23 AM
oh my you mean ACORN just might not be able to register cartoon characters and dead people in this states..

I think you men a few lazy ACORN employees, don't you?

Who found it easier to make stuff up. As Republican politicians routinely do.

wingrider
08-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I think you men a few lazy ACORN employees, don't you?

Who found it easier to make stuff up. As Republican politicians routinely do. you know what they say..one bad apple spoils the whole barrel and in ACORNS case... it is the whole orchard

Awryly
08-30-2012, 12:58 AM
you know what they say..one bad apple spoils the whole barrel and in ACORNS case... it is the whole orchard

Cain fiddling with his secretary didn't hurt Romney's chances. :kiss:

wingrider
08-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Cain fiddling with his secretary didn't hurt Romney's chances. :kiss:

true

patrickt
08-30-2012, 07:47 AM
I don't judge New Zealand by the example of one nitwit but ACORN was a criminal organization and although it has new names the same criminals are pursuing their lucrative crimes. In our last presidential election they were paid $800,000 to get votes for President Obama. As an incumbent, the taxpayers get to pay the ACORN people this time.

Peter1469
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM

I heard it was just square.

After SCOTUS ended the farce, the MSM counted the votes. They never reported their findings. Do you suppose that is because Gore won?

Awryly
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
After SCOTUS ended the farce, the MSM counted the votes. They never reported their findings. Do you suppose that is because Gore won?

Probably.

Peter1469
08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Probably.

You know very well that if Gore won that count the MSM would never have shut up about it.... They buried the story because Bush won, just as he won every other recount.