PDA

View Full Version : FBI braces for holiday terror attacks

Peter1469
11-18-2015, 03:31 AM
Stretched FBI braces for Islamic State holiday terror attacks (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/17/fbi-braces-for-isis-holiday-terror-attacks/)
The US has disrupted a lot of terrorist plots in the US. Largely through sting operations and informants. Apparently, the FBI is worried about the upcoming holiday season.

With another round of holidays fast approaching in the shadows of last Friday’s Paris (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/paris/) attacks, FBI (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/federal-bureau-of-investigation/) officials on the front lines of the war on terrorism see a new round of threats rising and worry they don’t have all the tools to cope, according to interviews with The Washington Times.

Officials familiar with the bureau’s preparations, speaking only on condition of anonymity, said Director James Comey has put a brave public face on the bureau’s fight against ISIS that masks significant tensions behind the scenes with the Obama administration.
Bureau officials are deeply worried they don’t have enough resources to track a growing number of radicalized Americans inspired by the Islamic State, with more possibly entering as President Obama opens the borders to thousands of Syrian refugees.

We certainly shouldn't be adding to the problem by allowing Muslim refugees into the country. We have no way to truly verify them.

Peter1469
11-18-2015, 03:36 AM
“We have testimony saying, and I think common sense also dictates that in a failed state like Syria you don’t have any government information, police reports to rely on to vet somebody,” the congressman added. “So there’s no way to do a background check from somebody coming out of Syria. There’s no way we can find out whether they’re safe or not.”

donttread
11-18-2015, 07:57 AM
You can't vet someone in a refugee camp, the concept is silly.
Once again we are faced with the question of how to categorize our government's actions
1) Part of a hidden agenda?
2) Or actually as dumb as Barney Fife, Get Smart and Reno 911 rolled into one?

Common Sense
11-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Another reason for me to stay away from the mall over the "Holiday Season".

Archer0915
11-18-2015, 08:10 AM
My shopping is done! Been done for a while. Still I will be around DC for turkey day.

Crepitus
11-18-2015, 08:15 AM
amazon.com FTW.

Common
11-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Another reason for me to stay away from the mall over the "Holiday Season".

taking refugees makes that all the more necessary

Cigar
11-18-2015, 08:18 AM
I'm bracing for all my Nieces and Nephews taking over my house. :angry:

... and if my brother and law doesn't bring Beer this time, I'll be pissed.

Common Sense
11-18-2015, 08:19 AM

It's not the refugees I'm afraid of. It's the Christmas music, gaudy decorations and the masses of idiots.

Common
11-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Its good law enforcement is preparing and alert. This will also be a big boost oint to online merchants.

When it gets to the point that people start staying away from sporting events like NFL and baseball, the big money in this country will jump in the fray

Archer0915
11-18-2015, 08:26 AM
I am sure they have thought of this already so I think I can say it. All they need to do is hit one shopping region in a large city and one in a small town. This will send the message that no matter where you are, they can get you. This would cause big problems.

Think, one power plant (hydroelectric because it would also destroy a water supply), two malls/shopping centers, a rail bridge or two, two major automotive bridges... This would cause some big problems and it would also piss the people off.

Common
11-18-2015, 08:39 AM
I am sure they have thought of this already so I think I can say it. All they need to do is hit one shopping region in a large city and one in a small town. This will send the message that no matter where you are, they can get you. This would cause big problems.

Think, one power plant (hydroelectric because it would also destroy a water supply), two malls/shopping centers, a rail bridge or two, two major automotive bridges... This would cause some big problems and it would also piss the people off.

I agree and thats why we have to worry about right now today and what we are going to do going forward. Americans are at risk of course america as a whole is in no danger. The grief of the WTC to many thousands of americans and the Boston Marathon and now France should let us know how vulnerable we are.

Obama seems more interested in the plight of everyone else than americans. Hes willing to increase our risk here like another Merkel.

Americans first obligation is to americans,

Archer0915
11-18-2015, 08:44 AM
I agree and thats why we have to worry about right now today and what we are going to do going forward. Americans are at risk of course america as a whole is in no danger. The grief of the WTC to many thousands of americans and the Boston Marathon and now France should let us know how vulnerable we are.

Obama seems more interested in the plight of everyone else than americans. Hes willing to increase our risk here like another Merkel.

Americans first obligation is to americans,

Simple solution is work with Russia and perhaps China to level them. Terrorize them! Kill them where we find them! There is no conversion and if you support them you are eliminated! They are a cancer on humanity and you totally eradicate a cancer.

Mac-7
11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
America should never have decided to take in muslims way back in 1965.

If there were no muslims living in this country the danger of muslim terrorism would be very low

Common Sense
11-18-2015, 09:12 AM

If there were no muslims living in this country the danger of muslim terrorism would be very low

Muslims have lived in the US since its inception.

Mac-7
11-18-2015, 09:56 AM

A very tiny number

obumer wants to change the demographics of America

Kurmugeon
11-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Just like today's Democratic Party is NOT your Grandfather's JFKennedy Democratic Party, the Muslims of 1800 are not today's 2015 AQ and ISIS Muslims.

Oil Money! Oil money.... oil money..... has made Radical, Intolerant, Violent Muslims, powerful!

Along with the facts that the rest of the civilized world (excepting perhaps some Catholics) have embraced modernity, science, True-Environmentalism, birth control, and family size limits to insure a much higher standard of living for fewer children.

Most of the Civilized world has also embraced civil rights and voting rights for women.

In the same time frame, Radical Islam has continued and expanded its embrace of polygamy and massive population growth as a weapon.

Radical Islam is still embracing the concepts of slavery, conquest taken wives(sex slaves), and patriarchy.

These are not the 1800s type of Muslims who are using suicide vests in Paris.

These are Modern, "Hezbollah/AQ/ISIS" Muslims.

-

exotix
11-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Will Bill'O the Clown go into hysterics on this 'War on Christmas' ?

Crepitus
11-18-2015, 11:03 AM
Are you kidding? I can't stand that guy online, there's no fucking way I'm taking him to the mall!

Archer0915
11-18-2015, 11:08 AM

Not quite. I know many of them and they do not like those "Arab Sand Niggers" in their own words.

gamewell45
11-18-2015, 11:09 AM
The US has disrupted a lot of terrorist plots in the US. Largely through sting operations and informants. Apparently, the FBI is worried about the upcoming holiday season.

Probably very prudent on their part, tho' I'd think that terrorists would strike when you least expect it. But with these groups of terrorists, who knows?

Crepitus
11-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Just like today's Democratic Party is NOT your Grandfather's JFKennedy Democratic Party, the Muslims of 1800 are not today's 2015 AQ and ISIS Muslims.

Oil Money! Oil money.... oil money..... has made Radical, Intolerant, Violent Muslims, powerful!

Along with the facts that the rest of the civilized world (excepting perhaps some Catholics) have embraced modernity, science, True-Environmentalism, birth control, and family size limits to insure a much higher standard of living for fewer children.

Most of the Civilized world has also embraced civil rights and voting rights for women.

In the same time frame, Radical Islam has continued and expanded its embrace of polygamy and massive population growth as a weapon.

Radical Islam is still embracing the concepts of slavery, conquest taken wives(sex slaves), and patriarchy.

These are not the 1800s type of Muslims who are using suicide vests in Paris.

These are Modern, "Hezbollah/AQ/ISIS" Muslims.

-
You're kidding right? They may not have had exploding vests but there are documented incidences of suicide attacks on Napoleon in Syria pre 1800 and even against the US military in the Philippines in 1899 by the Moro muslims.

That's just a couple that stuck in my mind, there are plenty of others.

Ain't nuthin new about any of this.