PDA

View Full Version : A question for those that are for refugees

Common
11-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Can you explain why arab countries that are next to and surround syria wont take any refugees. These are some of the richest countries in the world, if not the richest and they refuse to take their own Arab Brothers and Sisters.

Tahuyaman
11-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Can you explain why arab countries that are next to and surround syria wont take any refugees. These are some of the richest countries in the world, if not the richest and they refuse to take their own Arab Brothers and Sisters.

I would like to see someone try

Common
11-20-2015, 01:48 PM
The only explanation I can garner is they know better and are letting the western morons take all their problems

Adelaide
11-20-2015, 01:50 PM

The better question is to ask where the US is going to get the money to help settle more refugees, especially when the US already has an immigration problem that is out of control. So, what's up with that?

Gypsy
11-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Several reasons.
1. They already support them through aid.
2. They never signed international conventions concerning refugee rights and statehood.
3. The wealth in the Gulf is concentrated in a small groups of people, not the majority.
4. Most are unstable and repressive.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-arent-gulf-countries-taking-syrian-refugees-370189

Adelaide
11-20-2015, 01:54 PM
The only explanation I can garner is they know better and are letting the western morons take all their problems

From the refugee point of view, if I'm going to flee a country for my life I'm not going to then move and settle in a country which may dissolve into the same situation. For example, I would do very poorly in Saudi Arabia. I'd be stoned to death in no time.

I think it's partially on the refugees who think Europe and North America offer better long-term security and safety, and freedom of course.

Common Sense
11-20-2015, 01:56 PM
While it's true that the Gulf States have not been welcoming, most of the refugees have ended up in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.

There is a movement among individuals in the Gulf states to let them in, their governments haven't moved on it.

But is that a rationale for not letting them into western countries?

What, you want to follow the example of Saudi Arabia?

It's no justification for not letting them in.

Mister D
11-20-2015, 02:15 PM
The interests of the host people are all that count. There is no need to justify our decisions. The question we need to ask is if this causes nothing but trouble for the host country. We all know the answer to that which is why "they" (you know who you are) speak inappropriately and hypocritically in terms of morality.

Cigar
11-20-2015, 02:20 PM

Bigoted, Prejudice, Racist and flat out Scared. :laugh: That's why ... maybe that's where the Republican should relocate? :grin:

Cigar
11-20-2015, 02:21 PM
From the refugee point of view, if I'm going to flee a country for my life I'm not going to then move and settle in a country which may dissolve into the same situation. For example, I would do very poorly in Saudi Arabia. I'd be stoned to death in no time.

I think it's partially on the refugees who think Europe and North America offer better long-term security and safety, and freedom of course.

Stop it, you're sounding logical, no one here will understand you.

Mac-7
11-20-2015, 02:37 PM
From the refugee point of view,

And from America's point of view we dont want or need them.

They can stay in arabia, go to Europe or canada but not here.

nic34
11-20-2015, 02:50 PM
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/5171e4cd-8432-47ca-b6d3-9631656c43c6_zpskoje8w9g.jpg

So are we ALL Frenchmen today?

Tahuyaman
11-20-2015, 03:17 PM
From the refugee point of view, if I'm going to flee a country for my life I'm not going to then move and settle in a country which may dissolve into the same situation.....

Right, they are going to move to a country and try to destroy that society and recreate it in their image.

Common
11-20-2015, 03:19 PM
The better question is to ask where the US is going to get the money to help settle more refugees, especially when the US already has an immigration problem that is out of control. So, what's up with that?

Thats the 64,000 dollar question From Obama on down all those that want these refugees havent even mentioned

Common
11-20-2015, 03:20 PM
Several reasons.
1. They already support them through aid.
2. They never signed international conventions concerning refugee rights and statehood.
3. The wealth in the Gulf is concentrated in a small groups of people, not the majority.
4. Most are unstable and repressive.

http://www.newsweek.com/why-arent-gulf-countries-taking-syrian-refugees-370189

Neither did any of the western states and they taken thousands. That doesnt answer why they havent taken one arab refugee in

Common
11-20-2015, 03:22 PM

So another words arabs just suck and are murderous bastards that would stone their own to death. Ok, then why are we taking thousands of them

Common
11-20-2015, 03:22 PM
This wont hurt democrats in the primary, but I believe it will in the general election

Green Arrow
11-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Can you explain why we shouldn't aid them? I don't understand the security argument, none of the Paris attackers were Syrian refugees, they were all French and Belgian nationals.

Archer0915
11-20-2015, 05:16 PM
We should pull all aid from those countries to pay for any relocation.

Mister D
11-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Can you explain why we shouldn't aid them? I don't understand the security argument, none of the Paris attackers were Syrian refugees, they were all French and Belgian nationals.

Because they are refugees from a war torn country where hatred of the US is quite common. If the government assured us that they will accept no males over say 13 and, most importantly, it's made clear that hubby, daddy and your older bro are not coming to join you...EVER I might agree. Better still, make the temporary basis clear as well. Now we both know our government can't and simply won't do that so...no thanks.

nic34
11-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Right, they are going to move to a country and try to destroy that society and recreate it in their image.

Right, like it worked out so well for them in Kurdistan, Syria, Iraq, and Kuwait..... or are you talking about the colonial Brits and French?

Gypsy
11-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Neither did any of the western states and they taken thousands. That doesnt answer why they havent taken one arab refugee in
The article says they have been for years. idk Common, that's just what I read.

Subdermal
11-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Why is that a better question? I could not disagree more. That isn't even in the zipcode of a better question.

Peter1469
11-20-2015, 06:59 PM

At least one was a refugee who came through Greece. The one called the "mastermind."

The Islamic State said they would use the refugees as cover.

Green Arrow
11-20-2015, 07:14 PM
At least one was a refugee who came through Greece. The one called the "mastermind."

The Islamic State said they would use the refugees as cover.

Do you have a source on that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to read it. Everything I've read so far has said they were all French and Belgian nationals except one, who had a fake Syrian passport but otherwise wasn't connected to the refugees in any way.

Common
11-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Do you have a source on that? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to read it. Everything I've read so far has said they were all French and Belgian nationals except one, who had a fake Syrian passport but otherwise wasn't connected to the refugees in any way.

What I read was the paris mastermind used the refugee crisis to slip into france.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/20/france-pm-says-paris-attacks-ringleader-used-migrant-crisis-to-get-into-country/

Paris attack terrorists used refugee chaos to enter France, says PM Valls
Some of the suspects in the Paris attacks took advantage of Europe's migrant crisis to "slip in" unnoticed, the French premier said Thursday, warning the EU needed to "take responsibility" over border controls.
http://www.france24.com/en/20151119-paris-attackers-slip-refugee-migrant-crisis-terrorism

Common Sense
11-20-2015, 07:22 PM
What I read was the paris mastermind used the refugee crisis to slip into france.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/20/france-pm-says-paris-attacks-ringleader-used-migrant-crisis-to-get-into-country/

Paris attack terrorists used refugee chaos to enter France, says PM Valls

Some of the suspects in the Paris attacks took advantage of Europe's migrant crisis to "slip in" unnoticed, the French premier said Thursday, warning the EU needed to "take responsibility" over border controls.

http://www.france24.com/en/20151119-paris-attackers-slip-refugee-migrant-crisis-terrorism

Sneaking in during the chaos is nothing like going through to years of vetting while waiting in a refugee camp.

Peter1469
11-20-2015, 08:04 PM
The vetting is a joke. The FBI director testified that he could never certify that a refugee was safe. Thread to follow.

Common
11-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Sneaking in during the chaos is nothing like going through to years of vetting while waiting in a refugee camp.

I didnt make any statements about CS I merely responded to Green Arrows post. Personally im thoroughly sick of this dead horse topic.
Everyone stated the way they feel and none of us are going to change anything.

I tried to post about other things but people only seem interested in this for the time being :)

Common Sense
11-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I didnt make any statements about CS I merely responded to Green Arrows post. Personally im thoroughly sick of this dead horse topic.
Everyone stated the way they feel and none of us are going to change anything.

I tried to post about other things but people only seem interested in this for the time being :)

It's true. I don't think anyone is going to change anyone's mind.

To me it's just disheartening seeing rational people succumbing to fear.

However, I don't really blame people. A risk is involved. A low one, but one none the less.

But I do agree, I'm sort of done with it...

Peter1469
11-20-2015, 08:15 PM
The fear meme again...

sigh

Archer0915
11-20-2015, 08:39 PM
The fear meme again...

sigh

When people can not understand reasoning and common sense they try to trash talk.

Tahuyaman
11-21-2015, 12:26 AM
Right, like it worked out so well for them in Kurdistan, Syria, Iraq, and Kuwait..... or are you talking about the colonial Brits and French?

Do you really want to allow people to infiltrate our country who want to destroy our culture? Do you care?

Do you care about anything?

BB-35
11-21-2015, 01:21 AM
While it's true that the Gulf States have not been welcoming, most of the refugees have ended up in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.

There is a movement among individuals in the Gulf states to let them in, their governments haven't moved on it.

But is that a rationale for not letting them into western countries?

What, you want to follow the example of Saudi Arabia?

It's no justification for not letting them in.
Arab males 18-35 justifies it

BB-35
11-21-2015, 01:29 AM
Bigoted, Prejudice, Racist and flat out Scared. :laugh: That's why ... maybe that's where the Republican should relocate? :grin:

two major attacks worldwide,and you have the balls to accuse people of being 'scared'

Dr. Who
11-21-2015, 01:38 AM
Because many countries like Jordan and Lebanon are full up with as many refugees as they can possibly sustain. Iran is not an Arab country and has been persecuted by Arabs historically, so is disinclined to bring in Arabs.