PDA

View Full Version : Gangs of New York: Sicilian mafia offers Big Apple protection from 'psychopathic' ISI

Peter1469
11-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Gangs of New York: Sicilian mafia offers Big Apple protection from 'psychopathic' ISIS (https://www.rt.com/usa/323032-mafia-isis-warning-gambino/)
This is America. Just like Anonymous and its off the books war.

Plus our guns. The Islamic State will meet humiliation should it come to America's shores.

The son of a New York mob boss has given Islamic State a stark warning, saying if they are planning any attacks in New York, they will have to contend with the Sicilian mafia. The notorious crime syndicate say they want to do their bit to protect locals.

Giovanni Gambino, the son of a key figure in the Gambino mob organization, says the mafia is in a much better position than security bodies, such as the FBI or Homeland Security, to give New Yorkers the protection they need.

“They often act too late, or fail to see a complete picture of what's happening due to a lack of ‘human intelligence,’” he said in an interview with NBC News, as cited by Reuters, adding that the mafia’s knowledge of individual movements and interaction with locals gives it the upper hand, even compared to the latest surveillance technologies.

Mister D
11-22-2015, 08:13 PM
lol this is typical of the Mafia. They project a veneer of patriotism, social responsibility and morality. :rollseyes: That said, it wouldn't be the first time. The Mafia was helpful to the US military in its invasion of Sicily as well as protecting the NY docks from sabotage.

Peter1469
11-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Right. They stepped up for WWII.

Peter1469
11-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Criminals can be patriots.

sachem
11-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Ah, the boys with broken noses are gonna protect New York. In Boston we are stockpiling potatoes to throw at ISIS.

Mister D
11-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Criminals can be patriots.

True but it was self-serving at least to some extent in the past. I'd imagine it's just as calculated now.

Peter1469
11-22-2015, 08:33 PM
True but it was self-serving at least to some extent in the past. I'd imagine it's just as calculated now.

Of course. All patriots act on self interest. Good and bad.

Don
11-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Its easier for mobsters (and corporations) when they have so many "politicians they carry around in their pockets like so many nickels and dimes."

The Xl
11-22-2015, 09:00 PM
This is actually kinda funny and amusing.

Peter1469
11-22-2015, 09:01 PM
That is what I thought.

Don
11-22-2015, 09:17 PM
The mob is kind of like ISIS. Geneva convention? They never heard of it. They routinely torture and terrorize people. They will murder at the drop of a hat without giving it a second thought. The only way to get to them is with deep cover operatives and then we are hampered by having to follow the law because they have rights. Rights that they never give to their victims.

Mister D
11-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Of course. All patriots act on self interest. Good and bad.

Not referring to individual self-interest but rather the self-interest of the criminal organization.

Ravens Fan
11-22-2015, 10:19 PM
https://youtu.be/Y0mo8Rmu6AI

Common
11-23-2015, 02:06 AM
lol this is typical of the Mafia. They project a veneer of patriotism, social responsibility and morality. :rollseyes: That said, it wouldn't be the first time. The Mafia was helpful to the US military in its invasion of Sicily as well as protecting the NY docks from sabotage.

Made men can be patriotic and many have served in the military. What you need to put in context about what hes saying is, they arent going to protect the city but their neighborhoods. Individual neighborhoods they do know who belongs there and who doesnt better than law enforcement. In the end hes just blowharding. Quite unusual for a mobster to put themselves in the limelight like that

Peter1469
11-23-2015, 06:26 AM
Made men can be patriotic and many have served in the military. What you need to put in context about what hes saying is, they arent going to protect the city but their neighborhoods. Individual neighborhoods they do know who belongs there and who doesnt better than law enforcement. In the end hes just blowharding. Quite unusual for a mobster to put themselves in the limelight like that

I had a squad leader in the Army who was a made man. He offered me a job when I was getting out. $75K plus what you could do for yourself was a lot of money in 1991.