PDA

View Full Version : Question: Are Republicans & Conservative Voters really the stupid?

Cigar
08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Do Intelligent Conservatves Voters really think Obama said you didn't build your business? Are they that stupid?

We're are sitting in the bar watching Nickki Haley talk about Boeing and laughing our ass off, knowing that Governmet money is paying both my company, South Carolina and Providing Boeing funding for everything she is talking about.

What a bunch of morons.

This is a great comedy show, and everyone here is cracking up.

Time to party.

Peter1469
08-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Obama was speaking Marx speak when he said that. He has been caught. The gig is up.

BooHoo
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM
:laugh::grin:

wingrider
08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
speaking of boeing wasn't it the Obama administration that throwed a fit and told boeing they could not build a plant in SC?

KSigMason
08-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Do Intelligent Conservatves Voters really think Obama said you didn't build your business? Are they that stupid?
You question conservative intelligence and yet your wrote this:

Are Republicans & Conservative Voters really the stupid?
I'm sure you were looking for the word "that" and I don't think I have to point out the irony of your questioning our intelligence with this statement.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 02:54 AM
Is Cigar really stupid enough to keep trying to cover for President Obama's blunders. President Obama not only said it, he believes it. He's never built anything on his own or done anything on his own and it's quite reasonable for such a self-absorbed nitwit to believe that if he's never done something then neither has anyone else.

I wonder if Democrats are really stupid enough to believe in President Obama personally again. The last time he had no record on which to base a decision but people went with him anyway. This time he has a record, a terrible one, and will Democrats be stupid enough fall for the con again? I'm waiting to see what I hear from my idiot cousin who said four years ago that President Obama would pay off her mortgage, pay off her credit cards, and give her free healthcare.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Cigar is not stupid. He is on Soros's payroll.

Agravan
08-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Cigar is not stupid. He is on Soros's payroll.

He can be both.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Yep ... they really are that stupid ...

Have fun ladies ... :yo:

hanger4
08-29-2012, 07:37 AM

We're are sitting in the bar watching Nickki Haley talk about Boeing and laughing our ass off, knowing that Governmet money is paying both my company, South Carolina and Providing Boeing funding for everything she is talking about.

What a bunch of morons.

Time to party.

NO, Intelligent Conservatves Voters know exactly what Obama said;

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 07:52 AM
In Context

Obama made his remarks at a July 13 campaign appearance (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/13/remarks-president-campaign-event-roanoke-virginia) in Virginia. The president was speaking against Romney’s proposal to retain the Bush-era tax cuts and cut federal tax rates an additional 20 percent across the board for all taxpayers.
Here’s what he said:

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that-uncut-and-unedited/ :laugh:

Venus
08-29-2012, 08:19 AM

What a bunch of morons.

Time to party.

Would anyone be where they are if it weren't for school teachers or paved roads? No, but to give them just as much or even more credit than the person who put in the hours, sweat and tears is insulting.

Laugh all you want because when the door hits Obama's ass this November I'll be laughing also.

Agravan
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
In Context

Obama made his remarks at a July 13 campaign appearance (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/13/remarks-president-campaign-event-roanoke-virginia) in Virginia. The president was speaking against Romney’s proposal to retain the Bush-era tax cuts and cut federal tax rates an additional 20 percent across the board for all taxpayers.
Here’s what he said:

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/you-didnt-build-that-uncut-and-unedited/ :laugh:

It's still in context and he STILL said that. He referenced road and bridges in the previous sentence. In his next sentence he is talking about your business. He did not say, "you didn't build that" after the roads and bridges remark, he said it in the same sentence as "If you've got a business" remark.

Defend him all you want. Show every last word of his speech if you want, but that still does not change the fact that he said what he did in the context of what he was talking about, your business.

I find it interesting how Democrats are constantly trying to convince people that this idiot-in-chief either did not really say what everybody heard him say and transcripts verify, or that people are just unable to understand what he was truly thinking because he is so much more intelligent than your average mortal.

Smartmouthwoman
08-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Gee, I guess Cigar has selective hearing, because I sure heard those exact words come outta Barack's mouth.

Give him a break, folks... he's only got 68 more days to pretend Obama is a great leader. After that, he'll no doubt disappear and we'll never hear from him again.

Venus
08-29-2012, 08:25 AM
It's still in context and he STILL said that. He referenced road and bridges in the previous sentence. In his next sentence he is talking about your business. He did not say, "you didn't build that" after the roads and bridges remark, he said it in the same sentence as "If you've got a business" remark.

Defend him all you want. Show every last word of his speech if you want, but that still does not change the fact that he said what he did in the context of what he was talking about, your business.

I find it interesting how Democrats are constantly trying to convince people that this idiot-in-chief either did not really say what everybody heard him say and transcripts verify, or that people are just unable to understand what he was truly thinking because he is so much more intelligent than your average mortal.

word

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Obama used Marxist talking points and got caught. He believes that government creates success for us.

Pat
08-29-2012, 01:06 PM

Not meaning to step on your toes, but i thought is was interesting that you included the term conservatives alongside the term republican in the title. I doubt a conservative would have anything in common with a republican party of 2012.

I worked for Boeing Renton, Wa in 1967 while going to school. I had just got back from Vietnam and my self imposed exile of recovery. The company had their hand in the taxpayer's pocket then and still do. The are a good model for aspiring corporatists.

What a bunch of morons.

Time to party.

Carygrant
08-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Keeping up with American trivialities is very tiring .
All I know was that Mutt's wife made an awful fool of herself last night --- unless American women are that stupid and listen to drivel .
"My husband works hard and wants the best etc"
Which sort of clown never said that ?
I was amazed she did not end with an upward glance , saying , God Bless America .
Talk about life copying camp humour .

Mister D
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM
This.
Keeping up with American trivialities is very tiring .Then this...
All I know was that Mutt's wife made an awful fool of herself last night --- unless American women are that stupid and listen to drivel ."My husband works hard and wants the best etc"Which sort of clown never said that ? I was amazed she did not end with an upward glance , saying , God Bless America .Talk about life copying camp humour .

Was the irony intended? :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Mitt's wife did a great job last night. Not surprising that our Statist friends can't understand it.

Cigar
08-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Keeping up with American trivialities is very tiring .
All I know was that Mutt's wife made an awful fool of herself last night --- unless American women are that stupid and listen to drivel .
"My husband works hard and wants the best etc"
Which sort of clown never said that ?
I was amazed she did not end with an upward glance , saying , God Bless America .
Talk about life copying camp humour .

You'd think her and Gov Christie would have gotten their speech writers together ...

One had Love as the thyme and the other said screw Love ... give me R.E.S.P.E.C.T; find out what that mean to me! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Cigar
08-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Mitt's wife did a great job last night. Not surprising that our Statist friends can't understand it.

I got nothing against Ann ... she' not running for anything.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I got nothing against Ann ... she' not running for anything.

She is cute too. She should get inside a gym and tone up....

Cigar
08-29-2012, 01:53 PM
She is cute too. She should get inside a gym and tone up....

Ooooo ... that takes balls ... maybe she just needs a good plumber. :)

Don't let the Women around here hear you say that.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Ooooo ... that takes balls ... maybe she just needs a good plumber. :)

Don't let the Women around here hear you say that.

Everyone needs more gym time.