PDA

View Full Version : Obama Offends Me Nicely Here....

BooHoo
08-28-2012, 11:15 PM
I built my business on my own. TYVM!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192oEC5TX_Q&feature=related

Conley
08-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Welcome BooHoo!

What kind of business do you run if you don't mind me being nosy?

BooHoo
08-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Thank you!

I am a female who owns and operates a business that will not prosper if Obama remains in office. I used my own, time, money and brains.

Love the sloth pic! lol

WalterSobchak
08-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Thank you!

I am a female who owns and operates a business that will not prosper if Obama remains in office. I used my own, time, money and brains.

Love the sloth pic! lol

Obamney isn't gonna help you much either. But good luck to ya none the less!

Conley
08-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Thank you!

Love the sloth pic! lol

Thanks for the complement...wish I could say I took the video myself but I just ripped it off from someone on the net somewhere :)

patrickt
08-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Welcome, Boohoo. I never heard of Obamney but liberals have trouble with names.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome, Boohoo. I never heard of Obamney but liberals have trouble with names.

I'm glad you asked patrickt! Let me introduce you to the man your gonna vote for!

http://middlebrickroad.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/obamney-2012.jpg

Jack Fate
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Obamney isn't gonna help you much either. But good luck to ya none the less!

We don't want "help" from the feds. We want them to get the hell out of the way.

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome, BooHoo. Congrats on owning your own business. You go girl! :thumbsup20:

Mainecoons
08-29-2012, 11:15 AM
We don't want "help" from the feds. We want them to get the hell out of the way.

Unfortunately, Romney isn't going to help much there either.

It is nonsense to think you can do anything serious about reducing the deficit while wasting even more money on offense. Just ain't gonna happen.

What Romney will do is at least put an adult back in the White House and put an end to the overt race and class baiting coming from Obama and the people around him.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Then I guess the GOP should have backed an ACTUAL conservative, huh?

Mainecoons
08-29-2012, 11:57 AM
'fraid so. :grin:

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 12:10 PM
There is a school of thought that Romeny will do more damage than Obama, because Romeny is a hard worker.....

Cigar
08-29-2012, 12:14 PM
There is a school of thought that Romeny will do more damage than Obama, because Romeny is a hard worker.....

Romney will do whatever he's told to do ... or whatever is politically convenient.

I'm guessing after the November, he'll go back into Business and fade away.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 12:19 PM

Obamney will do the same amount of damage as the current POTUS. But this time all the neo-cons will support it.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Romney will do whatever he's told to do ... or whatever is politically convenient.

I'm guessing after the November, he'll go back into Business and fade away.

I fear that you are correct. Stock up your bar. I am coming over....

Carygrant
08-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice to hear some sound , basic sense . Anybody thinking they did it on their own has got caught up in their own ego .
I have created about six small businesses in my life , and like every disciplined and driven entrepreneur have worked 100% for long periods .But it is with others , not despite others .
Plus good fortune which sometimes you create through your own energy .

Jack Fate
08-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Nice to hear some sound , basic sense . Anybody thinking they did it on their own has got caught up in their own ego .
I have created about six small businesses in my life , and like every disciplined and driven entrepreneur have worked 100% for long periods .But it is with others , not despite others .

That isn't what Obama said, though. If you have created six small businesses, then you built that. You are responsible for the success. Obama didn't clarify it. All he said was "You didn't build that, someone else did." Obama screwed up and now everyone is holding his hand through this like they've held his hand all his life.

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Obama used Marxist speak to indicate that without government none would succeed at anything. He got caught. Face it.

Agravan
08-29-2012, 04:31 PM

Maybe, but YOU were the driving force behind those businesses. Without your ideas, time, money and perseverance, you would not have succeeded. True, others may have built those buildings, the roads etc. True they were taught by others as well. But without YOU building the business, those buildings would be empty. The roads would be used but no-one would be using them to go to those buildings. Your workers, no matter how highly educated they mat be due to others teaching them, would be sitting around jobless.
No, when some says "I built my business", only literal minded morons would take that to imply that he built his building (tho he may have paid to have it built) or that he built the roads and infrastructure to support it. These are the morons that support obama when he says "You didn't build that."

BooHoo
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
His speech discussed how building a company is a huge community-wide effort...yes, he did say this. But, this type of comment, including the community part, is offensive to small business owners. In fact, it does NOT take a whole community to build a company. It takes countless hours, sacrifices of all sorts, and thousands of dollars to begin a business. No where does the community help out in the building process. The community may support eventually by being customers of the business, but they take no direct part in building a company from the ground up.

Obama is wrong!! He subscribes to the idea that everyone in society contributes and therefore deserves recognition in the form of money and accolades. He needs people to think this for his ideaology and campaign to have any legs.

BooHoo
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Thank you!!

BooHoo
08-29-2012, 05:00 PM
And, his tone is another whole issue.....

wingrider
08-29-2012, 05:52 PM
His speech discussed how building a company is a huge community-wide effort...yes, he did say this. But, this type of comment, including the community part, is offensive to small business owners. In fact, it does NOT take a whole community to build a company. It takes countless hours, sacrifices of all sorts, and thousands of dollars to begin a business. No where does the community help out in the building process. The community may support eventually by being customers of the business, but they take no direct part in building a company from the ground up.

Obama is wrong!! He subscribes to the idea that everyone in society contributes and therefore deserves recognition in the form of money and accolades. He needs people to think this for his ideaology and campaign to have any legs.
excellent summation...

BooHoo
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
excellent summation...

Why thank you!!! :grin:

wingrider
08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Why thank you!!! :grin:
by the way down in the lower left of your screen is a button that reads " thanks"" if you get my drift.. LOL