PDA

View Full Version : Too fat to fly?

Standing Wolf
11-25-2015, 11:17 AM
Okay, it looks like the airline - not Delta this time...amazing - went a bit overboard in taking this guy completely off the plane, but still...

http://laist.com/2015/11/24/american_airlines_overweight_passenger.php

If you've ever had the experience of sitting next to someone who literally cannot fit into their own seat, and sees nothing wrong with taking up part of yours, you know how unpleasant/infuriating that can be. They will lift that seat divider and plop down like they own the plane and just dare you to say anything. Yes, the airlines are making the seats smaller in order to squeeze more people onto a plane, but in most cases the seats are still big enough to confine a human butt. Let them rig up a hard bench or two to stick the lardass contingent on. Make them buy two seats - whatever.

Tricia
11-25-2015, 11:51 AM
This is why I prefer to drive if possible. The seats are crammed too close together and I will inevitably be placed next to the largest drooling mouth-breather on the plane, every time. If someone is too large for their seat, they should be required to pay for an upgrade instead of inconvenience those around them.

Crepitus
11-25-2015, 12:55 PM
I agree. They should buy two seats.