PDA

View Full Version : Trump lied?

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 01:22 AM
So everyone keeps saying how Trump lied about Muslims in America cheering on 911. It seems he wasn't the only one who saw this.

http://www.infowars.com/i-live-in-jersey-and-trump-is-right-muslims-did-celebrate-on-911-in-nj-we-saw-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Again, I am not supporting Trump, but it is funny the lies being told to discredit anyone on the right.

Peter1469
11-26-2015, 01:28 AM
It is going to get worse.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 01:32 AM
It is going to get worse.

I have no doubt. The media will try to destroy every candidate they think has a snowballs chance of beating Hillary. Happened in both of the past 2 Presidential election cycles, why would they stop now?

maineman
11-26-2015, 01:32 AM
So everyone keeps saying how Trump lied about Muslims in America cheering on 911. It seems he wasn't the only one who saw this.

http://www.infowars.com/i-live-in-jersey-and-trump-is-right-muslims-did-celebrate-on-911-in-nj-we-saw-it/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

Again, I am not supporting Trump, but it is funny the lies being told to discredit anyone on the right.

and, I guess, if the "number of folks" numbered in the "thousands of thousands".... and let's be clear what the term, thousands of thousands means. If the term "hundreds of thousands" means a number in six figures, then "thousands of thousands" means a number in seven figures.... Can ANYONE in their right mind believe that even FOUR figures of people in Jersey City were on television for the Donald to watch celebrating as the towers came down, let alone a MILLION of them?

FACT: he blows smoke out of his ASS, but, because the tea baggers love the smell of it, they don't care. He can lie his ASS off and they simply don't care. They want that nigger out of office so badly, they'll buy into any fucking charlatan that can capture their interest.

Peter1469
11-26-2015, 01:33 AM
lol

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 01:34 AM
and, I guess, if the "number of folks" numbered in the "thousands of thousands".... and let's be clear what the term, thousands of thousands means. If the term "hundreds of thousands" means a number in six figures, then "thousands of thousands" means a number in seven figures.... Can ANYONE in their right mind believe that even FOUR figures of people in Jersey City were on television for the Donald to watch celebrating as the towers came down, let alone a MILLION of them?

FACT: he blows smoke out of his ASS, but, because the tea baggers love the smell of it, they don't care. He can lie his ASS off and they simply don't care. They want that nigger out of office so badly, they'll buy into any fucking charlatan that can capture their interest.

You mis-spelled OPINION.

maineman
11-26-2015, 01:37 AM
You mis-spelled OPINION.

somehow you equate 10-0 with 3-7, loser.

Donald said he saw - and I quote - thousands of thousands of people - in Jersey City celebrating on TV as the towers fell. He is a fucking liar... what does it make YOU to be sucking his dick about this? Beyond sexually aroused, I mean....?

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 01:50 AM
somehow you equate 10-0 with 3-7, loser.

Please show me where I equate the cheaters... I mean Patriots, with my team which has most of it's 1st and 2nd string on the injured reserve list. I will wait.

Donald said he saw - and I quote - thousands of thousands of people - in Jersey City celebrating on TV as the towers fell. He is a fucking liar... what does it make YOU to be sucking his dick about this? Beyond sexually aroused, I mean....?

Did you click on my links? It was not just the people in NJ cheering, it was in many cities. Maybe he was embellishing a bit, but it was not an outright lie.

Calling me a fag or a pole smoker doesn't bother me, btw. I'm gay. However, I don't go for old guys with weird hair, so you are both out of luck :rollseyes:

maineman
11-26-2015, 01:55 AM
Please show me where I equate the cheaters... I mean Patriots, with my team which has most of it's 1st and 2nd string on the injured reserve list. I will wait.

Did you click on my links? It was not just the people in NJ cheering, it was in many cities. Maybe he was embellishing a bit, but it was not an outright lie.

Calling me a fag or a pole smoker doesn't bother me, btw. I'm gay. However, I don't go for old guys with weird hair, so you are both out of luck :rollseyes:

embellishing? saying he saw thousand of thousands of people IN JERSEY CITY, when, what he really meant to say was he say a couple of thousand folks celebrating in the West Bank, and you call that nothing more than "embellishment"?????

How much of Donald's dick can you get down your throat? All of it?

Safety
11-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Trump -
I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” Trump said Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.

Washington Post -
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

So, he didn't lie that he saw people celebrating, but were there "thousands and thousands"?

Isn't that like "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". Some people were able to, and some were not.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 01:59 AM
embellishing? saying he saw thousand of thousands of people IN JERSEY CITY, when, what he really meant to say was he say a couple of thousand folks celebrating in the West Bank, and you call that nothing more than "embellishment"?????

Now you are a mind reader?

Really? Are you 3? Why don't you scoot on back over to the children's table and let the adults do the talking, ok?

Peter1469

Warning: Lay off the personal attacks.

maineman
Trump -

Actuality -

So, he didn't lie that he saw people celebrating, however, there was not "thousands and thousands".

Isn't that like "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". Some people were able to, and some were not.

and, if you want to say that absolute integrity is important, I would suggest you vote for neither of those guys in 2016. How's that?

maineman
11-26-2015, 02:02 AM
Now you are a mind reader?

I'm not a mind reader. I just know for a fact that Donald Trump lied when he claimed he saw thousand of thousands of people in Jersey City celebrating when the towers came down.

Does chapstick help?

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 02:03 AM
Trump -

Washington Post -

So, he didn't lie that he saw people celebrating, but were there "thousands and thousands"?

One is a politician making a point. The other was the sitting president lying to the public trying to sell them a lemon. I see the similarity you are getting at, but the circumstances are much different.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 02:07 AM
I'm not a mind reader. I just know for a fact that Donald Trump lied when he claimed he saw thousand of thousands of people in Jersey City celebrating when the towers came down.

Oh, so you don't know what he really meant to say? Does that make you a liar too?

Does chapstick help?

I don't know, does it?

maineman
11-26-2015, 02:07 AM
One is a politician making a point. The other was the sitting president lying to the public trying to sell them a lemon. I see the similarity you are getting at, but the circumstances are much different.

right... one is already IN office with no chance of being reelected... the other is a charlatan who is lying to you in hopes of you voting him INTO office in the first place.

maineman
11-26-2015, 02:09 AM
Oh, so you don't know what he really meant to say? Does that make you a liar too?

I could give a fuck what he meant to say. I am stating that what he, in fact, actually SAID, was a fucking lie.

Can I be any clearer that that, KY boy?

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 02:11 AM
right... one is already IN office with no chance of being reelected... the other is a charlatan who is lying to you in hopes of you voting him INTO office in the first place.

That was not the case when he stood there and lied to the country about their healthcare. In case you have forgotten, he was still in his first term. That lie means a whole lot more to me that an incorrect number of people someone claims to have seen 14 years ago.

pjohns
11-26-2015, 02:14 AM

I think he said that "thousands and thousands" were cheering; which is not what the Washington Post says.

But this may not have been a deliberate misrepresentation. A very large number of Arabs, in Gaza--on the West Bank--were cheering at this sight. And it is entirely possible that Mr. Trump may have (accidentally) conflated the two.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 02:14 AM

I could give a fuck what he meant to say. I am stating that what he, in fact, actually SAID, was a fucking lie.

You gave a fuck a few posts ago... or did you forget already? Again, doesn't that make you a liar aswell?

Can I be any clearer that that, KY boy?

I have to admit that it can be fun using your own words against you, even when you throw your little tantrums.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 02:17 AM
I think he said that "thousands and thousands" were cheering; which is not what the Washington Post says.

But this may not have been a deliberate misrepresentation. A very large number of Arabs, in Gaza--on the West Bank--were cheering at this sight. And it is entirely possible that Mr. Trump may have (accidentally) conflated the two.

That is certainly possible, who knows? But, he obviously was not flat out lying as accused.

midcan5
11-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Maybe someone mentioned it but I was on a daily status call when we first heard and everyone thought it an accident of some kind. Why would people even be cheering not knowing what or why? Seems to me just part of the conspiratorial nonsense that passes for truth in a nation becoming dumber and more afraid by the day. A few mornings ago I am watching 'Morning Joe' and I never saw so sad a bunch of people, someone should have brought out tissues and had them all hide under their desks. Egads what a frightened bunch they were and to make me want to shoot the TV, Peggy Noonan has on her serious concerned face....aaaggghhhhh......

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/13281-idiot-america-how-stupidity-became-a-virtue-in-the-land-of-the-free

"Only thing we have to fear is fear itself." FDR

Common Sense
11-26-2015, 08:28 AM

Trump flat out lied. Infowars isn't going to change that fact.

There are no lies necessary to discredit Trump.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Maybe someone mentioned it but I was on a daily status call when we first heard and everyone thought it an accident of some kind. Why would people even be cheering not knowing what or why? Seems to me just part of the conspiratorial nonsense that passes for truth in a nation becoming dumber and more afraid by the day. A few mornings ago I am watching 'Morning Joe' and I never saw so sad a bunch of people, someone should have brought out tissues and had them all hide under their desks. Egads what a frightened bunch they were and to make me want to shoot the TV, Peggy Noonan has on her serious concerned face....aaaggghhhhh......

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/13281-idiot-america-how-stupidity-became-a-virtue-in-the-land-of-the-free

"Only thing we have to fear is fear itself." FDR

I remember that morning quite well. When the first plane hit, yes the thought was that there had been some sort of accident. When the 2nd plane hit on live TV, the commentators on TV, and everyone around me including myself knew that it was an attack.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Trump flat out lied. Infowars isn't going to change that fact.

There are no lies necessary to discredit Trump.

Did you read the links? Were there no Muslims in America cheering in public?

Common Sense
11-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Did you read the links? Were there no Muslims in America cheering in public?

Infowars is a garbage site.

There is evidence that some individuals celebrated, but his claim that thousands did is a lie.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 09:54 AM
Infowars is a garbage site.

There is evidence that some individuals celebrated, but his claim that thousands did is a lie.

I have 2 links on my OP.

Like what has been said already, he may have confused what he saw from the West Bank with What he saw in Jersey 14 years ago. But it was not an outright lie.

Common Sense
11-26-2015, 10:02 AM
I have 2 links on my OP.

Like what has been said already, he may have confused what he saw from the West Bank with What he saw in Jersey 14 years ago. But it was not an outright lie.

Yeah, New Jersey and the west bank are so very similar.

The fact is, he said something that was untrue. So he either lied or was incompetent.

pjohns
11-26-2015, 10:58 AM
The fact is, [Donald Trump] said something that was untrue. So he either lied or was incompetent.

For the record, I am not a Donald Trump supporter. (Although I agree with many of his policy positions, he does strike me as a blowhard, and a bit of a bully. I am not certain that he has the proper temperament to be president.)

Nonetheless, there is a third possibility (which you have neglected to mention). It is this: His memory is imperfect--as is the memory of all of us--so he may have inadvertently conflated separate events.

Ravens Fan
11-26-2015, 11:03 AM
^^^^This

Common Sense
11-26-2015, 11:06 AM
For the record, I am not a Donald Trump supporter. (Although I agree with many of his policy positions, he does strike me as a blowhard, and a bit of a bully. I am not certain that he has the proper temperament to be president.)

Nonetheless, there is a third possibility (which you have neglected to mention). It is this: His memory is imperfect--as is the memory of all of us--so he may have inadvertently conflated separate events.

Sure. A memory lapse or confusion is an option.