PDA

View Full Version : A couple of recent threads have generated a question

donttread
11-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Why do people continue to believe our government when they have such a history of lies, back stabbing , lies by omission, propaganda ? Why do otherwise intelligent people believe our government after so many lies?
After the NSA spied on us behind our back and the ATF claims to have simply lost track of hundreds of weapons used in a sting why would anyone take government police agencies at their word?
After white house and capital hill lies about "too big to fail" and "no bonuses with taxpayer money" ?. After the fed simply can't account for billions?

What allows you to consistently trust the word of a government which has lied so consistently?

Chris
11-27-2015, 11:15 AM
People tend to like the idea of government, to romanticize it as necessary, but dislike the reality of it.

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." ~Thomas Paine

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Why do people continue to believe our government when they have such a history of lies, back stabbing , lies by omission, propaganda ? Why do otherwise intelligent people believe our government after so many lies?
After the NSA spied on us behind our back and the ATF claims to have simply lost track of hundreds of weapons used in a sting why would anyone take government police agencies at their word?
After white house and capital hill lies about "too big to fail" and "no bonuses with taxpayer money" ?. After the fed simply can't account for billions?

What allows you to consistently trust the word of a government which has lied so consistently?

Who trusts government?

Only loyal obama zombies as far as I can see.

who the centrists and anarchists helped install in power

Chris
11-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Who trusts government?

So you vote for people you do not trust?

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 11:36 AM

You helped put obumer into power

I didnt

Chris
11-27-2015, 11:40 AM
You helped put obumer into power

I didnt

Illogical.

But to my question, you voted for someone you don't trust. You did say "Who trusts government?"

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Illogical.

But to my question, you voted for someone you don't trust. You did say "Who trusts government?"

I voted against obama but you didnt

So in a small way he has you to thank for brcoming golfer in chief

silvereyes
11-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Illogical.

Libby's Libby's Libby's,
On his brain, on his brain, on his brain.

:) You're welcome.

Chris
11-27-2015, 12:09 PM

But you voted for a politician you don't trust so that's kind of dumb, don't you think? I don't deal with people I don't trust. Why do you?

HoneyBadger
11-27-2015, 12:53 PM
But you voted for a politician you don't trust so that's kind of dumb, don't you think? I don't deal with people I don't trust. Why do you?

You actually trust ANY politician? :grin:

Chris
11-27-2015, 01:17 PM
You actually trust ANY politician? :grin:

No, that's my point, none are to be trusted. The system is corrupt.

Private Pickle
11-27-2015, 01:18 PM

Ummmm....I live a pretty good life...

Beevee
11-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Who trusts government?

who the centrists and anarchists helped install in power

Today's 'mission accomplished', eh Mac?

donttread
11-27-2015, 03:19 PM

Of course he does, 95% of them do.

donttread
11-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Ummmm....I live a pretty good life...

That is the best non answer on the thread in that it is completely irrelevant

gamewell45
11-27-2015, 03:21 PM

How do you know? Did you actually observe him pull the lever for Obama? Statements like that Mac, reduce your credibility in here.

donttread
11-27-2015, 03:22 PM

So why then do so many automatically believe what the white house, capital hill or the FBI say?

Doublejack
11-27-2015, 03:33 PM
I would say the vast majority of Americans just don't put much thought into politics.

They pick a 'team' and fill in the dots down the columns.

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 03:55 PM
How do you know? Did you actually observe him pull the lever for Obama? Statements like that Mac, reduce your credibility in here.

Chris?

He claims to be a proud anarchist who does not vote.

Chris
11-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Of course he does, 95% of them do.

Actually only about hair over half the eligible citizens vote.

Chris
11-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Chris?

He claims to be a proud anarchist who does not vote.

Why then I didn't vote for Obama as you falsely implied.

Chris
11-27-2015, 03:59 PM
I would say the vast majority of Americans just don't put much thought into politics.

They pick a 'team' and fill in the dots down the columns.

There's those but then there's those who based on how life's going at the moment for for or against the party in power.

http://i.snag.gy/fWri8.jpg

Neither really thinks much.

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Why then I didn't vote for Obama as you falsely implied.

i never said you or any other centrist/anarchist/fallen republican voted for obama.

I said you helped obama gain power by not voting for romney.

Chris
11-27-2015, 04:10 PM
i never said you or any other centrist/anarchist/fallen republican voted for obama.

That was your implication and you have said it many times.

That's the implication of your saying I helped Obama when that too is false to all but your whacky logic.

Peter1469
11-27-2015, 04:13 PM

That is stupid.

No man merits a freeman's vote.

If there isn't something worth voting for, don't presume to tell me to vote for someone in particular.

This two party system only exists because most people are slaves.

Private Pickle
11-27-2015, 04:19 PM
That is the best non answer on the thread in that it is completely irrelevant

Yet here we are.

Green Arrow
11-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Occam's Razor.

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 06:59 PM
That was your implication and you have said it many times.

That's the implication of your saying I helped Obama when that too is false to all but your whacky logic.

That was your own guilt complex not anything I said because I remember you telling us you dont vote

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 07:01 PM
That is stupid.

No man merits a freeman's vote.

If there isn't something worth voting for, don't presume to tell me to vote for someone in particular.

This two party system only exists because most people are slaves.

Yes peter.

i already know you and chris deny helping obumer get elected.

But you did

zelmo1234
11-27-2015, 07:11 PM

Actually all of the people that voted for a GOP candidate that was the lesser of 2 evils can share in this travesty.

If the conservatives had held the GOP accountable a long time ago we would not have put the progressive wing in charge in the first place.

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Actually all of the people that voted for a GOP candidate that was the lesser of 2 evils can share in this travesty.

If the conservatives had held the GOP accountable a long time ago we would not have put the progressive wing in charge in the first place.

I voted for someone else in the primary.

but the general election was a choice between romney or obumer.

no one else had a chance so I voted for romney

no way did I help elect obama but peter and chris did

Captain Obvious
11-27-2015, 07:15 PM

You most certainly helped elect teh O'bama by being an establishment shill.

Green Arrow
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM

The "progressive wing" was the foundation of the GOP as early as fifty years ago.

zelmo1234
11-27-2015, 07:16 PM
Actually only about hair over half the eligible citizens vote.

Which is exactly why we are in the mess that we are currently in

When the people don't care, politicians tend to over reach

zelmo1234
11-27-2015, 07:17 PM

What was the difference Romney was a progressive too?

zelmo1234
11-27-2015, 07:22 PM
The "progressive wing" was the foundation of the GOP as early as fifty years ago.

Not really, unless you consider the libertarian movement Progressive, Sure we slipped with Nixon and Ford. Got back on track with Reagan and to some extent Bush the elder. But GWB certainly put the progressives back in charge

zelmo1234
11-27-2015, 07:29 PM

I actually did not vote for Romney either, because he would not have been that much different. The entire Trump ordeal can be traced to the fact that Progressive Republicans have been lying to the base for nearly 2 decades.

So even though you fight them in the primary you have enabled them in the general elections

birddog
11-27-2015, 07:46 PM

You did what I did. It's better to be a sensible voter than a purist loser.

Peter1469
11-27-2015, 07:48 PM
Yes peter.

i already know you and chris deny helping obumer get elected.

But you did

LoL

You are going to keep this up.... Vote for the other side of the same coin.

Peter1469
11-27-2015, 07:50 PM

You are a liar.

I don't say that lightly.

Mac-7
11-27-2015, 08:31 PM
You most certainly helped elect teh O'bama by being an establishment shill.

Except that Im not an establishment shill but rather a critic.

The 3rd party centrist/anarchist goofballs are not establishment shills but neither are they any threat to the establishment.

I support threats to the business as usual establishment such as trump and cruz.

God only knows who the goofballs support.

Captain Obvious
11-27-2015, 08:34 PM

The 3rd party centrist/anarchist goofballs are not establishment shills but neither are they any threat to the establishment.

I support threats to the business as usual establishment such as trump and cruz.

Yeah, Robomny wasn't a "business as usual" threat.

:biglaugh:

If you're ballsy enough to suggest that Peter and Chris helped elect teh O'bama then you should be man enough to admit you supported the establishment by voting Romney.

But you're not.

Chris
11-27-2015, 08:49 PM

You're a fence-sitting establishment neocon.

Captain Obvious
11-27-2015, 09:02 PM

I guess you didn't see his flag pin.

Green Arrow
11-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Not really, unless you consider the libertarian movement Progressive, Sure we slipped with Nixon and Ford. Got back on track with Reagan and to some extent Bush the elder. But GWB certainly put the progressives back in charge

I'm talking about history, as in prior to 1970. Virtually all Republicans were progressive to some nature prior to Reagan. Reagan didn't get the GOP "back on track," he built an entirely new track for the GOP to follow.

Green Arrow
11-27-2015, 09:14 PM
You did what I did. It's better to be a sensible voter than a purist loser.

People with strong morals and values understand that there is nothing wrong with holding fast to those morals and values even if it means suffering for it.

I'm okay with losing elections if it means I keep my morals and values.

Captain Obvious
11-27-2015, 09:16 PM
People with strong morals and values understand that there is nothing wrong with holding fast to those morals and values even if it means suffering for it.

I'm okay with losing elections if it means I keep my morals and values.

Outstanding point.

Take note Mac-7 , you've been schooled.

Chris
11-27-2015, 09:38 PM
I guess you didn't see his flag pin.

Something like this?

http://i.snag.gy/WfjGx.jpg

Green Arrow
11-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Something like this?

http://i.snag.gy/WfjGx.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2c/47/32/2c4732c14a8da3c49273f120bec096a6.jpg

(I know you were joking, I've just been sitting on that one for awhile :tongue:)

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 07:36 AM
Yeah, Robomny wasn't a "business as usual" threat.

:biglaugh:

If you're ballsy enough to suggest that Peter and Chris helped elect teh O'bama then you should be man enough to admit you supported the establishment by voting Romney.

But you're not.

Once the republican party has nominated a candidate the choice becomes the republican or hillary.

In 2012 and 2008 the republicans nominated paintywaiste moderate inside washington establishment candidates.

But even romney was a better choice than obumer.

So once it gets to november bellyaching libs should ignore the 3rd party dopers and decide between the democrat and repub only.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Outstanding point.

Take note @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) , you've been schooled.

Schooled by ignorance.

There is nothing moral about obumer.

which is what the 3rd party voters helped deliver.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 07:41 AM

The left knows who they are voting for.

big government and hedonism.

but conservatives are very divided

Peter1469
11-28-2015, 07:58 AM

No they aren't; many are just deluded. Hint: conservatives don't vote for big government.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 08:27 AM
No they aren't; many are just deluded. Hint: conservatives don't vote for big government.

You and the other 3rd party people can tell the rest of us who is conservative and who isnt.

Peter1469
11-28-2015, 08:29 AM
You and the other 3rd party people can tell the rest of us who is conservative and who isnt.

If you vote for big government, you are a lib, lib, lib.

donttread
11-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Nobody who supports routinely spending more than they take in is a true conservative

donttread
11-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Once the republican party has nominated a candidate the choice becomes the republican or hillary.

In 2012 and 2008 the republicans nominated paintywaiste moderate inside washington establishment candidates.

But even romney was a better choice than obumer.

So once it gets to november bellyaching libs should ignore the 3rd party dopers and decide between the democrat and repub only.

There is no difference between Hilary and the mainstream republicans except that they tell different lies

donttread
11-28-2015, 09:58 AM

How in God's name did you see those two as any different from each other?

Chris
11-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Right, between you fence-sitting establishment neocon and the anti-establishment Tea Partiers.

Voting for party over principle, as you do, is what elects Bushes and Obamas.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Nobody who supports routinely spending more than they take in is a true conservative

I dont support that

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Right, between you fence-sitting establishment neocon and the anti-establishment Tea Partiers.

Voting for party over principle, as you do, is what elects Bushes and Obamas.

I vote for principle because romney would have been a better president than obumer

you didnt even vote, but the other malcontents who voted for some rhird party loser that they consider more conservatively pure than the repub actually helped elect obama.

Chris
11-28-2015, 12:09 PM
I vote for principle because romney would have been a better president than obumer

you didnt even vote, but the other malcontents who voted for some rhird party loser that they consider more conservatively pure than the repub actually helped elect obama.

You say principle but by end of sentence babble partisanly.

domer76
11-28-2015, 12:09 PM

On the reverse side, what makes some believe that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy or a lie?

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 12:18 PM
You say principle but by end of sentence babble partisanly.

Since you dont vote you have no standing to complain about those who did do their civic duty.

Chris
11-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Since you dont vote you have no standing to complain about those who did do their civic duty.

Opposite is true, you who vote sanction the corrupt system and thus have no standing to complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKguI0NFek

donttread
11-28-2015, 12:33 PM
On the reverse side, what makes some believe that EVERYTHING is a conspiracy or a lie?

Even pathological liars tell the truth sometimes, but since they have no credability it doesn't matter

domer76
11-28-2015, 01:02 PM
Even pathological liars tell the truth sometimes, but since they have no credability it doesn't matter

Non-answer. Paranoia was the correct answer.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Opposite is true, you who vote sanction the corrupt system and thus have no standing to complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKguI0NFek

I trust the founding fathers more than some drug abbusing comedian and they considered voting to be very important.

Chris
11-28-2015, 02:39 PM
I trust the founding fathers more than some drug abbusing comedian and they considered voting to be very important.

Nice ad hom, mac, when you can't counter the comedian.

Quote a founder who thinks like you…

Captain Obvious
11-28-2015, 02:43 PM

If you think the founding fathers had common peoples rights in mind when the drafted the constitution then you're as dumb as everyone thinks you are.

Chris
11-28-2015, 02:46 PM
If you think the founding fathers had common peoples rights in mind when the drafted the constitution then you're as dumb as everyone thinks you are.

Only landed males could vote initially.

Bob
11-28-2015, 02:55 PM

Have you ever actually got to know a politician? If the system is corrupt, how does voting change this?

Peter1469
11-28-2015, 02:58 PM

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

Bob
11-28-2015, 03:21 PM

(snip) malcontents who voted for some third party loser that they consider more conservatively pure than the repub actually helped elect obama.

Romney is a very moral man. Romney ran government. Romney clearly was far better than Obama. We lost a fine, decent human when we failed to get Romney elected.

My son put it best just yesterday. Members of our church, by living in the spirit of our church, are honest at jobs they accept. Romney is honest.

Captain Obvious
11-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Romney is a very moral man. Romney ran government. Romney clearly was far better than Obama. We lost a fine, decent human when we failed to get Romney elected.

My son put it best just yesterday. Members of our church, by living in the spirit of our church, are honest at jobs they accept. Romney is honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2h8ujX6T0A

Bob
11-28-2015, 03:32 PM
One never could sue a corporation but for the law that deems them as liable as any human. Corporations can do acts that humans do. Corporations are not human, but operate as if they are human.

Common
11-28-2015, 03:34 PM
Romney the guy that made millions buying companies killing them and putting thousands upon thousands of workers out of work.

Mac-7
11-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Romney the guy that made millions buying companies killing them and putting thousands upon thousands of workers out of work.

Romney saved companies that were struggling and saved the jobs of many workers along with letting other workers go.

domer76
11-28-2015, 05:19 PM

My experience with some Mormons is that they will screw you in business at every opportunity if you aren't one of the bros.

Romney was a venture capitalist and, for the sake of profit and profit only, put a lot of people out of work. Moral? Nope. Amoral at best.

donttread
11-28-2015, 05:50 PM

LOL A moral corporate raider?

donttread
11-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Didn't you ever read the boy who cried wolf?

Mister D
11-28-2015, 05:55 PM

That's the system you live in. Has nothing to do with Romney or with morality. We chose this for ourselves.

Common
11-28-2015, 05:58 PM
That's the system you live in. Has nothing to do with Romney or with morality. We chose this for ourselves.

umm no he chose to do it to them just like he chose to say he didnt care about 47% of america

Mister D
11-28-2015, 06:01 PM
umm no he chose to do it to them just like he chose to say he didnt care about 47% of america

That's the system you live in. It's also one you were complicit in. It's not Romney's fault.

Green Arrow
11-28-2015, 06:02 PM

Right, but why did he choose it? How did Romney become the way he is? Osmosis?

Green Arrow
11-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Have you ever actually got to know a politician? If the system is corrupt, how does voting change this?

I could explain it to you, but you wouldn't get it.

Mister D
11-28-2015, 06:03 PM

Exactly. I'm not saying what he did was OK. It wasn't, IMO, but we live in a society where maximizing profit is pretty much the goal of existence.

texan
11-28-2015, 06:03 PM

Exactly why I vote republican. they are all power hungry money thieves. Vote for the one that taxes you less.

Common
11-28-2015, 06:05 PM

He chose it to make lots of money and once he had it like everyone else he became what he is. Romeny didnt have a hard life, his daddy was loaded, just like Donald Trumps daddy, just like the Koch Bros Daddy, just like the Waltons daddy. These people didnt have to work to be a success, it was given to them as a birth right. THen they look down their nose at everyone else.

texan
11-28-2015, 06:08 PM
I have known several and been around them. Most of them are for sale.

Green Arrow
11-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Exactly why I vote republican. they are all power hungry money thieves. Vote for the one that taxes you less.

Except Republicans really don't tax you any less.

Chris
11-28-2015, 06:16 PM

Except they don't.

Green Arrow
11-28-2015, 06:17 PM
He chose it to make lots of money and once he had it like everyone else he became what he is. Romeny didnt have a hard life, his daddy was loaded, just like Donald Trumps daddy, just like the Koch Bros Daddy, just like the Waltons daddy. These people didnt have to work to be a success, it was given to them as a birth right. THen they look down their nose at everyone else.

Okay, but here's the point...rich people aren't born profit-hungry beasts from the dark side of the moon. They are people, just like we are. The circumstances they were born into are part of American culture - that of baseless consumerism no matter the cost.

By running around supporting their corporations like we all do every day, we support their lifestyle and attitudes. We have created the monster we hate.

Mister D
11-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Okay, but here's the point...rich people aren't born profit-hungry beasts from the dark side of the moon. They are people, just like we are. The circumstances they were born into are part of American culture - that of baseless consumerism no matter the cost.

By running around supporting their corporations like we all do every day, we support their lifestyle and attitudes. We have created the monster we hate.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/8KPQA/exactamundo/image.png?w=400&c=1

donttread
11-29-2015, 10:39 AM

Actually, It's more complicated than that. Our system has reached the point where we reward greed and are led by addicts, power addicts

Peter1469
11-29-2015, 10:55 AM
Actually, It's more complicated than that. Our system has reached the point where we reward greed and are led by addicts, power addicts

You seem to have caught onto a problem we have dealt with throughout history. Leadership likely always includes traits like narcissism, as an example.

donttread
11-29-2015, 11:32 AM
You seem to have caught onto a problem we have dealt with throughout history. Leadership likely always includes traits like narcissism, as an example.

Yes and I've posted about it before. I think we'd be further ahead to select congress by lottery

Mister D
11-29-2015, 11:40 AM

Amazing. We postulate that economic self-interest is the key to human behavior but we balk at the social consequences? Really? No, in fact Romney et al are an expression of our deepest convictions.

donttread
11-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Amazing. We postulate that economic self-interest is the key to human behavior but we balk at the social consequences? Really? No, in fact Romney et al are an expression of our deepest convictions.

In the case of the super rich, it's economic self interest run riot

Common
11-29-2015, 12:02 PM

Nope, we have no choices but to support corporations. Do you have a choice where you get your electric, where you buy your city water. Do you have a choice to put something in your car besides price controlled gasoline. Americans have no choice but to support corporations, like Ge they make most of the large medical equiptment like MRI or make the main parts for them. GE pays zero federal taxs and has moved much of its production to china. Everyone must buy shoes, everyone has to buy small appliances sooner or later. There are so many aspects of life where americans have no choice but to feed the rich and corporations. In fla you cant not have an air conditioner and like things. We are captives with very few choices

I stand by the statement that anyone that buys a healthy company just to destroy it and put hundreds out of work is a piece of shit. Especially since he was born with a gold spoon sticking out of his ass.

Green Arrow
11-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Nope, we have no choices but to support corporations.

That is pure, unadulterated nonsense.

Do you have a choice where you get your electric, where you buy your city water.

Yes.

Do you have a choice to put something in your car besides price controlled gasoline.

No, but I don't have to drive.

Americans have no choice but to support corporations, like Ge they make most of the large medical equiptment like MRI or make the main parts for them. GE pays zero federal taxs and has moved much of its production to china. Everyone must buy shoes, everyone has to buy small appliances sooner or later. There are so many aspects of life where americans have no choice but to feed the rich and corporations. In fla you cant not have an air conditioner and like things. We are captives with very few choices

I stand by the statement that anyone that buys a healthy company just to destroy it and put hundreds out of work is a piece of shit. Especially since he was born with a gold spoon sticking out of his ass.

Americans have every choice to smash these corporations and refuse to buy what they are selling. The problem is we are, as a people, too lazy and entitled to do it. And without fail, at least twice a year, we will always kill each other just to save a couple bucks on wants.

Mister D
11-29-2015, 12:26 PM
In the case of the super rich, it's economic self interest run riot

Makes no sense. The super rich are our archetypes. We're supposed to emulate them.

Common
11-29-2015, 12:30 PM
That is pure, unadulterated nonsense.

Yes.

No, but I don't have to drive.

Americans have every choice to smash these corporations and refuse to buy what they are selling. The problem is we are, as a people, too lazy and entitled to do it. And without fail, at least twice a year, we will always kill each other just to save a couple bucks on wants.

Nonesense huh please, you live with no electric and no water ? you dont buy gas, you dont have a coffee maker, toaster, you dont have airconditioning. What you live in was made with corporate made materials.

The ability to smash all corporations is just your wet dream. We can avoid some but more than not we cannot help but support if we want to live.

Common
11-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Makes no sense. The super rich are our archetypes. We're supposed to emulate them.

The super rich first gen got rich by the sweat of those that did the labor and their innovation investment. Todays 2nd and 3rd gen rich, like TRUMP the WALTONS, KOCH BRos are ass spoon born asswipes that success was given to them. I laugh like hell when some idiot talks about working hard to achieve success with the koch bros and the waltons in the sentence.

Green Arrow
11-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Nonesense huh please, you live with no electric and no water ? you dont buy gas, you dont have a coffee maker, toaster, you dont have airconditioning. What you live in was made with corporate made materials.

Yep. And I chose to have all of that. I don't need it, though, and could easily live without it. I have before. The problem is most Americans refuse to put themselves willingly into any situation that requires struggle.

The ability to smash all corporations is just your wet dream. We can avoid some but more than not we cannot help but support if we want to live.

I lived for a year without supporting a single corporation. If you were correct, the human race would have died out before the first corporation was even invented.

Bob
11-29-2015, 05:56 PM
I could explain it to you, but you wouldn't get it.

If you could, you would have.

Bob
11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
The super rich first gen got rich by the sweat of those that did the labor and their innovation investment. Todays 2nd and 3rd gen rich, like TRUMP the WALTONS, KOCH BRos are ass spoon born asswipes that success was given to them. I laugh like hell when some idiot talks about working hard to achieve success with the koch bros and the waltons in the sentence.

70 percent of the rich lose their wealth by the 3rd generation.

Do you now feel better?

Bob
11-29-2015, 06:21 PM

In my many years, I have met a lot of very rich people. Every single one of them were characterized as goal setters, planners and take action people.

None I met were greedy.

To give an instance.

Raybestos Corporation was established to make brakes. They made them for cars, trucks, airplanes and rail cars. They must have made brakes for other vehicles.

I met the CEO when he flew west to watch his top ranked women's fast pitch softball team play for the championship.

Bill Simpson, the CEO explained to me that he and his sister were sole owners of the well known company.

No, he did not show up with a top silk hat nor did I see a limosene, but the man in the latter part of the 70s was then worth well over 300 million dollars. Maybe he was a billionaire since I really did not know for sure.

I was just the guy selected by ASA to be a host for his women's team. My task was to make sure his team had things they needed and to help guide them in this area. I attended all the games his team played and he approached me to thank me. His team took the national title there, and he invited me to come to the hotel celebration party he threw for the team. I attended a super good dinner party. The women players were all adults. I had taken two of the glamor girls to a nice seafood restaurant to have a meal. One coached women's sports for Harvard, U and the other I can't think of her job this instant, but she was also very nice.

Bill Simpson insisted I was included in the team photo graph and the next season I was there with his team in the rule book.

Franks was an awesome person. He made sure his girls had a car to use per 4 girls. And he made sure to only have two girls per room since he paid for the hotel bill and all their food.

I realize he could afford it. I have met many rich people and found them gracious and well mannered and willing to share.

/rant

Bob
11-29-2015, 06:51 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1346307#post1346307)

LOL A moral corporate raider?

You mean that in a pejorative way but Romney is a very fine person and extremely moral and honest.

Bob
11-29-2015, 07:08 PM
My experience with some Mormons is that they will screw you in business at every opportunity if you aren't one of the bros.

Romney was a venture capitalist and, for the sake of profit and profit only, put a lot of people out of work. Moral? Nope. Amoral at best.

Not one description proves Romney is not moral. And the aim was to make a company healthy to preserve jobs for the majority. When they buy poor managed companies, the corrections can lead to some layoffs at the time. It matters not what you think of Mormons since you provide no proof of any sort that your report is accurate.

Green Arrow
11-29-2015, 11:32 PM
In my many years, I have met a lot of very rich people.

That's nice, Bob.

donttread
11-30-2015, 06:42 AM

Emulate them? Seriously?

Chris
11-30-2015, 09:54 AM
I think what our culture programs us for is to work to get ahead. Of course there are outlying extremes of those who won't and those who excel.

donttread
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
I think what our culture programs us for is to work to get ahead. Of course there are outlying extremes of those who won't and those who excel.

The problem is work, real work that comes with sweat and such is looked down upon now

Professor Peabody
12-01-2015, 02:36 PM

Don, that will change when $19 or $20 billion in debt comes crashing down on their heads. Peoples lives will change dramatically when that day comes. Then and only then will they take to the streets looking for the politicians that did this to them with hatred in their eyes and vengeance in their hearts. It will be a very bad time to be a politician.