PDA

View Full Version : How is this election even close?

Chris
08-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Here’s a new Washington Post-ABC New poll — with a sample favoring Democrats by 9 points — that shows Mitt Romney leading Barack Obama by 47-46 percent among registered voters....

Q: Generally speaking, would you say you favor (smaller government with fewer services), or (larger government with more services)?

56 percent says “yes,” while 33 percent say no.

Most voters say they want smaller government and most voters believe — whether it’s true or not — that Mitt Romney wants smaller government, as well....

...Romney leads 50-43 on handling the economy and 51-43 on handling the deficit....

...Romney also leads 48-43 on the issue of taxes....

Q: (IF SUPPORT OBAMA) Regardless of your support, how do you feel about how Obama would perform as president for the next four years?

Fifty-seven percent of people who are going to vote for Obama answered that they would be very anxious or somewhat anxious about his presidency....

From POLL RAISES QUESTION: HOW IS THIS ELECTION EVEN CLOSE? (http://www.humanevents.com/2012/08/27/how-is-this-election-even-close/).

Trinnity
08-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I see a lot of his support sitting this one out. They won't vote R, but won't vote for Obama either.
I think there's gonna be a surprise on election night - Obama may lose and by a good 5 points. The polls are flawed, obviously, and the one I trust, Rasmussen, has Obama hanging by a thread.

Here's a link for your convenience:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Peter1469
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Too many Americans are either addicted to a government handout, or think that the government is the answer to all of their problems.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 01:45 PM
Because Obamney is not a likeable and trustworthy guy.

Plus he is the EXACT same thing we had for the last 12 years.

patrickt
08-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Because Obamney is not a likeable and trustworthy guy.

Plus he is the EXACT same thing we had for the last 12 years.

You shouldn't try to be cute. It doesn't work. While I disagreed with President Bush on many issues he is not the same as President Obama. I realize President Obama continued many of the policies I disagreed with because he isn't bright enough or experienced enough to do anything on his own. He put people on his staff based first on personal loyalty and second ideology and, sadly, there was no third which would have been ability.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 01:56 PM
You shouldn't try to be cute. It doesn't work. While I disagreed with President Bush on many issues he is not the same as President Obama. I realize President Obama continued many of the policies I disagreed with because he isn't bright enough or experienced enough to do anything on his own. He put people on his staff based first on personal loyalty and second ideology and, sadly, there was no third which would have been ability.

I never try to be cute. I am already irresistible.

Yes, we all know Obama sucks. But I already know Obamney sucks too.

I am NOT gonna vote for another turd because he might not suck as bad.

Chris
08-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Most voters say they want smaller government and most voters believe — whether it’s true or not — that Mitt Romney wants smaller government, as well....

That from the OP is one reason some of us won't vote for Romney or Obama.

What I don't understand is if most want smaller government they would vote for either. IOW, the poll seems to say voters are not very rational, wanting this, but settling for that.

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 02:05 PM
That from the OP is one reason some of us won't vote for Romney or Obama.

What I don't understand is if most want smaller government they would vote for either. IOW, the poll seems to say voters are not very rational, wanting this, but settling for that.

Exactly. What in Romney's past screams "small government?" I would LOVE to know.

Carygrant
08-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks to silly Ann , your President has glided ahead .
Sanity .

coolwalker
08-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I never try to be cute. I am already irresistible.

Yes, we all know Obama sucks. But I already know Obamney sucks too.

I am NOT gonna vote for another turd because he might not suck as bad.So then you're not voting or you take the bigger turd?

WalterSobchak
08-29-2012, 03:59 PM
So then you're not voting or you take the bigger turd?

Oh no, I'm voting. But not for any of those two turds.