PDA

View Full Version : 10 groups The Donald has offended

Cigar
11-29-2015, 03:36 PM
CNN had this article about 10 different groups (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/index.html) The Donald has offended since starting his campaign - the disabled, reporters, Iowans, Muslims, Seventh-day Adventists, African Americans, Asians, women, POWs, and his competitors.

Washington (CNN)Since its launch earlier this year, Donald Trump's campaign has been peppered with controversy about his habit of accidentally -- or at times quite intentionally -- offending entire groups of people.

When he kicked off his campaign in June, Trump offended Mexicans as well as advocates for immigrants when he described some Mexicans crossing the U.S.'s southern border as "rapists."

He's been starting similar fires with different groups ever since, and Thanksgiving week he found himself embroiled in yet another dust-up.

Cletus
11-29-2015, 03:57 PM
That post and the associated article perfectly illustrates why Liberalism and those who adhere to its tenets should never again be allowed to govern this country.

Common
11-29-2015, 04:07 PM
That post and the associated article perfectly illustrates why Liberalism and those who adhere to its tenets should never again be allowed to govern this country.

Nah more that cigar deserves lots of trolling in his threads just like hes done to everyone else incessantly

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/real-estate-tycoon-donald-trump-flashes-the-thumbsup-as-he-arrives-on-picture-id483208412

Cigar
11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Nah more that cigar deserves lots of trolling in his threads just like hes done to everyone else incessantly

So this called Thread Participation ... right? :laugh:

Ok ... then I'll participate exactly the way everyone else is. :grin:

Game On ... according you the Rules

Captain Obvious
11-29-2015, 04:41 PM

It's not liberalism, it's political hackery.

GRUMPY
11-29-2015, 04:57 PM
CNN had this article about 10 different groups (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/index.html) The Donald has offended since starting his campaign - the disabled, reporters, Iowans, Muslims, Seventh-day Adventists, African Americans, Asians, women, POWs, and his competitors.

Washington (CNN)Since its launch earlier this year, Donald Trump's campaign has been peppered with controversy about his habit of accidentally -- or at times quite intentionally -- offending entire groups of people.

When he kicked off his campaign in June, Trump offended Mexicans as well as advocates for immigrants when he described some Mexicans crossing the U.S.'s southern border as "rapists."

He's been starting similar fires with different groups ever since, and Thanksgiving week he found himself embroiled in yet another dust-up.

leftist lie like most people breathe...often and without shame...

domer76
11-29-2015, 05:53 PM

Yet, the idiots on the right keep supporting him because they have this misguided delusion that he will protect them.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 06:00 PM

Well F'em if they can't take a joke??? :)

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Yet, the idiots on the right keep supporting him because they have this misguided delusion that he will protect them.

So do you really believe that conservatives are the base of his support?

His support is coming from people that are tired of politicians and their lies.

domer76
11-29-2015, 06:04 PM

His support is coming from low information, fearful fools. Conservative ones. They don't give a flying shit about lies, because Trump is as full of them as any politician.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 06:10 PM
His support is coming from low information, fearful fools. Conservative ones. They don't give a flying $#@! about lies, because Trump is as full of them as any politician.

I don't know of any conservatives that live in fear, But some would vote for trump to get revenge on the establishment. Both of my parents (democrats) are supporting him? I think that you are underestimating where his support is coming from

GRUMPY
11-29-2015, 06:15 PM

did i say that conservatives are the base of his anything...read and learn son...for trump this started out as no more than, hey look a camera and a microphone...he then stumbled up a large divide between the people and the govt...immigration, cuts across most all demographics...he trumped this by giving the media and establishment the middle finger...he added another issue to his favor by opposing "free" trade and vaguely pushing "fair" trade...finally he has demonstrated a willingness to call obama out while most of the gop refuses to call a liar/fraud a liar/fraud...everytime he tells the media, established dc or obama to f*** off he wins votes...

GRUMPY
11-29-2015, 06:20 PM
His support is coming from low information, fearful fools. Conservative ones. They don't give a flying $#@! about lies, because Trump is as full of them as any politician.

illegal immigration, trade, syrian refugees...that is three for three where he is in step with the nation and his positions are obviously correct...if you believe in open borders, amnesty, accepting syrian refugees or the obama trade bill...well son then you are the fool and it really does not matter how much information you might think you have...

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 07:14 PM
illegal immigration, trade, syrian refugees...that is three for three where he is in step with the nation and his positions are obviously correct...if you believe in open borders, amnesty, accepting syrian refugees or the obama trade bill...well son then you are the fool and it really does not matter how much information you might think you have...
He's in step with every issue that the media makes a priority in order to inflame the population. However, if people vote for him, they will truly get the reactionary government that they deserve. Of course he may have no political support from either the Republicans or the Democrats, so his executive orders should be interesting.

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 07:19 PM
He's in step with every issue that the media makes a priority in order to inflame the population. However, if people vote for him, they will truly get the reactionary government that they deserve. Of course he may have no political support from either the Republicans or the Democrats, so his executive orders should be interesting.
Inflame? It is called enthusiasm.
I plan to vote for him. I will vote for him as a Republican or third party. Either way. I will never again vote for an Establishment Republican. Nor will I ever vote for a Marxist-Islamofascism-supporting Democrat.

Mister D
11-29-2015, 07:20 PM

Agreed.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Inflame? It is called enthusiasm.
I plan to vote for him. I will vote for him as a Republican or third party. Either way. I will never again vote for an Establishment Republican. Nor will I ever vote for a Marxist-Islamofascism-supporting Democrat.
You are free to vote for whomever that you so choose. I didn't like the man before he entered politics and don't like him now.

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 07:30 PM
You are free to vote for whomever that you so choose. I didn't like the man before he entered politics and don't like him now.
One is not required to like Mr. Trump to see that he has the right answers for dealing with illegal aliens and the huge numbers of Muslims the Islamofascism supporter in the White House has been importing.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 07:42 PM
One is not required to like Mr. Trump to see that he has the right answers for dealing with illegal aliens and the huge numbers of Muslims the Islamofascism supporter in the White House has been importing.
But does he, or is he just making the right noises without any consideration for the political realities? If it was as easy as Trump makes it out to be, wouldn't the rest of the GOP candidates be saying the same things? What he says he can do and what he can really do are likely a million miles apart. Talk is invariably cheap.

Mister D
11-29-2015, 07:43 PM

So a government that responds to the desires of the voting public is "reactionary"? Sounds more like democratic to me.

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 07:45 PM
But does he, or is he just making the right noises without any consideration for the political realities? If it was as easy as Trump makes it out to be, wouldn't the rest of the GOP candidates be saying the same things? What he says he can do and what he can really do are likely a million miles apart. Talk is invariably cheap.
Yes. He has the right answers.
No. Those Establishment Republicans who support amnesty would never be on the productive Americans' side.

I want him to have the opportunity. Obama got away with tyranny to do evil. Let's see what tyranny to do good looks like.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 07:52 PM
So a government that responds to the desires of the voting public is "reactionary"? Sounds more like democratic to me.
The media controls the sentiments of the population and focuses them on specific issues, which coincidentally comprise Trump's platform. The media is deliberately reactionary (to sell news), making the population reactionary. Trump is an opportunist and has always been an opportunist. This is just the latest chapter in his egomaniacal history.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 07:55 PM
No. Those Establishment Republicans who support amnesty would never be on the productive Americans' side.

I want him to have the opportunity. Obama got away with tyranny to do evil. Let's see what tyranny to do good looks like.
Does he have the right answers, or the answers you want to hear? What will you say a week into the presidency when he announces that none of the things he promised are actually fiscally or politically possible?

Mister D
11-29-2015, 07:58 PM
The media controls the sentiments of the population and focuses them on specific issues, which coincidentally comprise Trump's platform. The media is deliberately reactionary (to sell news), making the population reactionary. Trump is an opportunist and has always been an opportunist. This is just the latest chapter in his egomaniacal history.

You know, that really takes some nerve. Look, Americans have long disapproved of their government's handling of the immigration mess. decades Who...and you want me to believe it's the result of media manipulation? Seriously? Secondly, "reactionary" is a polemical term. That's the kind of term far left kooks use when they talk to each other. It's like homophobia and xenophobia. It simply describes an idea you don't like. Trump is right ion immigration and he's right on trade. The more he tells the establishment to fuck off the more I like him.

Mister D
11-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Does he have the right answers, or the answers you want to hear? What will you say a week into the presidency when he announces that none of the things he promised are actually fiscally or politically possible?

So wait...how does someone like Obama differ in that respect?

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Do you understand that the right answers are the ones I want to hear?

I will do absolutely nothing. Do you enjoy what if games?

Peter1469
11-29-2015, 08:12 PM
The problem with Trump is when he has to answer a substantive question he babbles nonsense.

His only appeal is his anti-establishment populism.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2015, 08:13 PM
The problem with Trump is when he has to answer a substantive question he babbles nonsense.

His only appeal is his anti-establishment populism.

"We're gonna look into that..."

:biglaugh:

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 08:18 PM
You know, that really takes some nerve. Look, Americans have long disapproved of their government's handling of the immigration mess. decades Who...and you want me to believe it's the result of media manipulation? Seriously? Secondly, "reactionary" is a polemical term. That's the kind of term far left kooks use when they talk to each other. It's like homophobia and xenophobia. It simply describes an idea you don't like. Trump is right ion immigration and he's right on trade. The more he tells the establishment to fuck off the more I like him.
OK.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Do you understand that the right answers are the ones I want to hear?

I will do absolutely nothing. Do you enjoy what if games?
No, but I honestly believe that Trump would be a disaster as a President and that he has no substantive basis to make the promises that he is making. He is a political neophyte who believes that he can get things done because he's Donald Trump. However, there is a great deal of difference between business and national politics.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 08:40 PM
So wait...how does someone like Obama differ in that respect?
Trump has even less understanding of political realities than Obama. He also has a bull in a china shop personality and an enormous ego which will not play well in international politics. He is capitalizing on populist support, by talking a good game in front of the cameras and parroting the likes of Hannity, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can wave a magic wand as President and take care of everyone's concerns. Other candidates are careful not to make those kinds of empty promises.

birddog
11-29-2015, 09:25 PM

And you likely voted for Obama! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Ah, the irony and hypocrisy!

birddog
11-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Trump has even less understanding of political realities than Obama. He also has a bull in a china shop personality and an enormous ego which will not play well in international politics. He is capitalizing on populist support, by talking a good game in front of the cameras and parroting the likes of Hannity, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he can wave a magic wand as President and take care of everyone's concerns. Other candidates are careful not to make those kinds of empty promises.

Impossible for anyone to be more clueless than Obama!

GrassrootsConservative
11-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Oh no! They're offended?

Cry me a fucking river.

Subdermal
11-29-2015, 09:35 PM
I didn't bother to read the link from the desperate OP. I could, however, assume that one can simply put the word 'liberal' in front of the 10 supposed offended groups, and it would become a completely accurate and totally useless story.

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 09:39 PM
No, but I honestly believe that Trump would be a disaster as a President and that he has no substantive basis to make the promises that he is making. He is a political neophyte who believes that he can get things done because he's Donald Trump. However, there is a great deal of difference between business and national politics.
I believe he will be excellent as president.

In a bit over a year we shall get to see.

MisterVeritis
11-29-2015, 09:42 PM
LOL.

Authoritarian statists cannot stand Trump. The Congress fully funded all of Obama's myriad tyrannies. Let's see how tyranny that is actually good for the people play out. I believe this will be a Trump landslide victory. With the exception of Cruz the others are for things that harm the productive people.

So Trump it is.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 09:57 PM
did i say that conservatives are the base of his anything...read and learn son...for trump this started out as no more than, hey look a camera and a microphone...he then stumbled up a large divide between the people and the govt...immigration, cuts across most all demographics...he trumped this by giving the media and establishment the middle finger...he added another issue to his favor by opposing "free" trade and vaguely pushing "fair" trade...finally he has demonstrated a willingness to call obama out while most of the gop refuses to call a liar/fraud a liar/fraud...everytime he tells the media, established dc or obama to f*** off he wins votes...

I am not your son BOY! And I actually agree with everything that you say, but Trump by no meaning of the term is conservative.

I think that you will find that the conservative support was with Walker, and no lies with Cruz

Now I do believe that the Cons will vote for Trump, rather than sit an election out, like they did with Romney, but the basis for that would be to stick it to the establishment of the GOP

There are very few options that are acceptable to the Conservative base of the party.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 10:00 PM
LOL.

Authoritarian statists cannot stand Trump. The Congress fully funded all of Obama's myriad tyrannies. Let's see how tyranny that is actually good for the people play out. I believe this will be a Trump landslide victory. With the exception of Cruz the others are for things that harm the productive people.

So Trump it is.
If you think I'm authoritarian, you are misinformed. I hate authoritarianism. What people expected with Obama, among other things was single payer health care. They didn't get it. They got an impossible compromise.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2015, 10:01 PM
If you think I'm authoritarian, you are misinformed. I hate authoritarianism. What people expected with Obama, among other things was single payer health care. They didn't get it. They got an impossible compromise.

Baby steps, single payer is en route.

It will be the end of healthcare as we know it also.

We are not European or Canadian, we are a highly polarized political society.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 10:02 PM

I think that Trump will have the people on his side if the congress try's obstruction. He, unlike many of our latest Presidents will take his message to the people. And he is bat shit crazy enough to get a lot more people to listen.

What I think would happen is a dramatic reduction in the size and scope of Government under Trump. As a business person, he understands just how terrible government can be.

Progressives fear this more than anything, because when the people realize that they are better of with a more limited government, the progressive agenda dies.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 10:09 PM

Tyranny, is never good. But I don't think that Trump will be tyrannical. I see him ending a lot of those practices. The good thing about Executive orders is they can be removed with a order as well.

zelmo1234
11-29-2015, 10:13 PM

And that is the problem. The government is a disaster because there is no accountability. Bringing a Business model to that is not a bad thing

Peter1469
11-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Baby steps, single payer is en route.

It will be the end of healthcare as we know it also.

We are not European or Canadian, we are a highly polarized political society.

I have zero faith that America could do single payer.

First, we would provide Cadillac care for all. Second, a large portion of society would fraud the system.

Captain Obvious
11-29-2015, 10:28 PM
I have zero faith that America could do single payer.

First, we would provide Cadillac care for all. Second, a large portion of society would fraud the system.

Wait, there's no Cadillac's here.

I don't use healthcare, so far. I've been a low consumer demographic of healthcare so I don't pay attention, until the open enrollment that we just had recently.

Every plan that I can remember covered inpatient stays pretty much 100%. I noticed in this open enrollment (that I generally ignored over the years) that inpatient stays are covered 50% which counts against your deductible.

I pulled my HR person aside and asked her, is that right? We had a long discussion about this and this is where it's at.

So if I get pneumonia and have a 3 day stay that bills at 4k, I'm on the tab for half of that.

I was stunned, I didn't realize that it was this bad.

5 or 10 years ago this stay was covered 100% as long as I was in network.

Cadillacs are long gone.

Dr. Who
11-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Wait, there's no Cadillac's here.

I don't use healthcare, so far. I've been a low consumer demographic of healthcare so I don't pay attention, until the open enrollment that we just had recently.

Every plan that I can remember covered inpatient stays pretty much 100%. I noticed in this open enrollment (that I generally ignored over the years) that inpatient stays are covered 50% which counts against your deductible.

I pulled my HR person aside and asked her, is that right? We had a long discussion about this and this is where it's at.

So if I get pneumonia and have a 3 day stay that bills at 4k, I'm on the tab for half of that.

I was stunned, I didn't realize that it was this bad.

5 or 10 years ago this stay was covered 100% as long as I was in network.

Cadillacs are long gone.
That doesn't tell you that there is something amiss with the billing? If a person is in hospital with pneumonia and they are attended to by people making what - $30 to $40 dollars an hour and that only happens a few times per day and then only for a few minutes, and an actual doctor at what $400 an hour once a day, how do you get to $4K in three days? You are paying for someone else's 15-hour surgery plus dividends for shareholders. That is what the insurance model does. It averages out costs and applies them to premium pricing. Single payer does the same, minus the profits for investors. The model works best when the hospitals themselves are also not for profit. The insurance model doesn't provide better care for less money. That is a logical impossibility. Profits must be taken from somewhere. Either they are taken from wages or they are taken from premiums.

Peter1469
11-30-2015, 05:52 AM
That doesn't tell you that there is something amiss with the billing? If a person is in hospital with pneumonia and they are attended to by people making what - $30 to $40 dollars an hour and that only happens a few times per day and then only for a few minutes, and an actual doctor at what $400 an hour once a day, how do you get to $4K in three days? You are paying for someone else's 15-hour surgery plus dividends for shareholders. That is what the insurance model does. It averages out costs and applies them to premium pricing. Single payer does the same, minus the profits for investors. The model works best when the hospitals themselves are also not for profit. The insurance model doesn't provide better care for less money. That is a logical impossibility. Profits must be taken from somewhere. Either they are taken from wages or they are taken from premiums.

The problem is people working without profit have no motivation to do more than the bare minimum.

texan
11-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Cigar hasn't figured out he is a Trump knockoff only resides in the political forums.

domer76
11-30-2015, 03:56 PM
And you likely voted for Obama! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Ah, the irony and hypocrisy!

The comment, you fool, was that people liked Trump because they were tired of politicians' lies. My response was that is bullshit because Trump has lied as much as any of them.

Does everything have to be explained to you with stick figures and crayons?

domer76
11-30-2015, 03:56 PM
Impossible for anyone to be more clueless than Obama!

Look in the mirror

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 05:43 PM
The problem is people working without profit have no motivation to do more than the bare minimum.
Hospital staffers work for wages - they don't care about profits. Plus they are generally unionized, with the exception of Doctors. Doctors have a fee schedule and as long as they get their fee, why do they care whether a hospital is operated for profit or not? In ,fact they get less grief in a not for profit model. It's not like most hospitals are owned by the practicing doctors, like on Gray's Anatomy. It's usually some corporation that owns several hospitals and has shareholders that need dividends. There is something a little ghoulish about profiting off of illness and injury.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Only you know whether the state is more important than all other individuals but you. What people expected from Obama is that if they liked their plan they could keep their plan, if they liked their doctor they could keep their doctor. And they would save about $2500 per year. All of those things were lies. Who did the Democrats compromise with? I would say you are full of crap, but that would be impolite. So let me instead say there is much you know that isn't so.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2015, 07:32 PM
Tyranny, is never good. But I don't think that Trump will be tyrannical. I see him ending a lot of those practices. The good thing about Executive orders is they can be removed with a order as well.
That which was done by executive order will be undone by executive order. It was unconstitutional and tyrannical when Obama did it. It will be equally unconstitutional and tyrannical when Trump undoes it.

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 07:43 PM
Only you know whether the state is more important than all other individuals but you. What people expected from Obama is that if they liked their plan they could keep their plan, if they liked their doctor they could keep their doctor. And they would save about $2500 per year. All of those things were lies. Who did the Democrats compromise with? I would say you are full of crap, but that would be impolite. So let me instead say there is much you know that isn't so.
What people voted for and what they got were two different things.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2015, 07:45 PM
What people voted for and what they got were two different things.
We agree. Obama lied.

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 07:49 PM
We agree. Obama lied.
Or he wasn't able to do what he wanted to do. He may have been ignorant of the realities.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Or he wasn't able to do what he wanted to do. He may have been ignorant of the realities.
He lied. He even had his very own Gruber to help him lie.

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 07:55 PM
He lied. He even had his very own Gruber to help him lie.
Perhaps they all lie.

MisterVeritis
11-30-2015, 08:05 PM
Perhaps they all lie.
We know with certainty that Obama and the Democrats lied.

Peter1469
11-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Hospital staffers work for wages - they don't care about profits. Plus they are generally unionized, with the exception of Doctors. Doctors have a fee schedule and as long as they get their fee, why do they care whether a hospital is operated for profit or not? In ,fact they get less grief in a not for profit model. It's not like most hospitals are owned by the practicing doctors, like on Gray's Anatomy. It's usually some corporation that owns several hospitals and has shareholders that need dividends. There is something a little ghoulish about profiting off of illness and injury.

In a free market, the hospital that provides the best service for a decent profit wins.

In a government run system you get what you get and your opinion does not matter.

Captain Obvious
11-30-2015, 10:24 PM
In a free market, the hospital that provides the best service for a decent profit wins.

In a government run system you get what you get.

Earlier Dr. Who made the comment that the not-for-profit model is the best and I don't exactly agree, nor do I agree that the for-profit system works as well as it should.

For profits will provide good healthcare because they have to, or they'll not be able to pay their investors. They will however eliminate unprofitable service lines like birthing (operating a nursery is a financial catastrophe, the reimbursement sucks and malpractice insurance is ridiculous, especially in non-tort reform states). NFP's will provide services at a loss but the trick is to make sure your profit centers cover your loss centers enough to fund future capital needs with a return.

In the days of cost based reimbursement (Medicare basically paid your allowable costs plus several percent, critical access hospital designations are the only cost based reimbursed hospitals left, mine's one of them btw) meant that you can spend and still cash flow. When the prospective payment system model came about oh, 20 years or so ago all that stopped.

NFP's were ran like government agencies, many still are. Spend, make bad decisions, don't do anything unpopular. They're finally coming to grips with the fact that even though they have a NFP designation, they still have to operate like they're a for-profit business.

I don't think there is a good in-between here either and I really don't know what model works best. I do know that relying on the government to responsibly fund for healthcare is a mistake. Nobody in their right mind, FP or NFP is doing that, it's a recipe for disaster.

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 11:08 PM

In a government run system you get what you get and your opinion does not matter.
They win, but do the patients?

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Earlier @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612) made the comment that the not-for-profit model is the best and I don't exactly agree, nor do I agree that the for-profit system works as well as it should.

For profits will provide good healthcare because they have to, or they'll not be able to pay their investors. They will however eliminate unprofitable service lines like birthing (operating a nursery is a financial catastrophe, the reimbursement sucks and malpractice insurance is ridiculous, especially in non-tort reform states). NFP's will provide services at a loss but the trick is to make sure your profit centers cover your loss centers enough to fund future capital needs with a return.

In the days of cost based reimbursement (Medicare basically paid your allowable costs plus several percent, critical access hospital designations are the only cost based reimbursed hospitals left, mine's one of them btw) meant that you can spend and still cash flow. When the prospective payment system model came about oh, 20 years or so ago all that stopped.

NFP's were ran like government agencies, many still are. Spend, make bad decisions, don't do anything unpopular. They're finally coming to grips with the fact that even though they have a NFP designation, they still have to operate like they're a for-profit business.

I don't think there is a good in-between here either and I really don't know what model works best. I do know that relying on the government to responsibly fund for healthcare is a mistake. Nobody in their right mind, FP or NFP is doing that, it's a recipe for disaster.
A responsible and invested board of directors can make either a for-profit or not-for-profit work well. If it is a not-for-profit, then there is just more money for care.
If the Feds fund the States and that is a specific pool of funds that have to be used for health care, it can work. Hospitals will have their budgets within which they have to operate. However, the budgets have to be realistic.

Captain Obvious
11-30-2015, 11:18 PM
A responsible and invested board of directors can make either a for-profit or not-for-profit work well. If it is a not-for-profit, then there is just more money for care.
If the Feds fund the States and that is a specific pool of funds that have to be used for health care, it can work. Hospitals will have their budgets within which they have to operate. However, the budgets have to be realistic.

On paper it sounds foolproof.

Dr. Who
11-30-2015, 11:55 PM
On paper it sounds foolproof.
It's not foolproof, but still a better model than hospitals and insurance companies taking a cut. That's billions of additional dollars that are being charged in premiums to each and every person with medical coverage, in order to deliver a profit to investors. It's not logical.

TrueBlue
12-01-2015, 12:10 AM

While the article did go on to mention people from Mexico as another offended group later in the story, they did not name them in the original "10 different groups" as they should have, I wonder why?

Professor Peabody
12-01-2015, 02:32 PM

Give it up Cigar. His numbers never falter no matter what he says. The Media arm of the Democrat party has tried and tried, failed and failed to torpedo the Donald. Nothing works. You fail to understand that people see Trump like they view Bart Simpson only all grown up. He can pretty much say anything he wants and get away with it. He IS the Teflon Donald!