PDA

View Full Version : Former truck driver at Balter Sales Co. wins $2.2M sexual, racial harassment suit

Common
12-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Two boss' one gay boss sexually harrassing an employee the other racially harrassing him. Double Whammy but he won 2.2 million.

A truck driver who endured extreme sexual and racial harassment at work — and who said his boss even got him arrested when he complained — has won a whopping $2.2 million verdict against his former employer.

Raymond Rosas won the settlement last week after suing Balter Sales Co., a New York City restaurant supply company, in 2012.
Rosas accused his boss, Barry Rosenberg, of making frequent sexual advances, such as drawing “a picture of a penis” on his paycheck almost every week.
Rosenberg also “would repeatedly stick his tongue out” and try to lick Rosas’ face and “would repeatedly try and grab Rosas’ buttocks,” according to the lawsuit filed in Manhattan Federal Court.
In September 2011, about a year after Rosas began working at Balter, Rosas asked Rosenberg to stop the harassment, his suit said.
Supervisor Mark Balter talked down to minority drivers, the suit
charges. When Rosas, who is Hispanic, asked him to stop, Balter replied: “What is it with you guys . . . you must have a Latin attitude.” “I can’t believe the way things are going in the recession that you can tell me that you think I am talking (offensively),” Rosas alleges Balter also said.
Balter fired Rosas in January 2012, saying he was stealing boxes of restaurant equipment. The driver contended it was due to his ethnicity, sex and was retribution for speaking out.
Rosas said company heads filed a police report accusing him of stealing as payback for his having gotten a lawyer. Cops gave Rosas a desk appearance ticket, but the charges were dropped.

In January 2013, Balter filed a countersuit against Rosas, demanding $700 for the property he allegedly stole. A jury ruled in favor of Rosas last week and shot down Balter’s countersuit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ex-truck-driver-wins-2-2m-sexual-racial-harassment-suit-article-1.2452761