PDA

View Full Version : Work Place Terrorism - How Will Muslims Keep Their Jobs Now ?

Mark III
12-03-2015, 10:33 AM
How many Muslims showing up at work across the country this morning are receiving a very wary eye from co-workers ? Especially if they are "religious" ?

It seems at initial glance that the San Bernardino attack was a mashup of terrorist attack and "workplace violence". The shooter (along with his wife) worked with the people that he went in and killed. There are virtually no instances of such a mass murder not being connected to something about the employment or work environment. Last night, one of the cable news shows cited rumors that Farook had been made to feel uncomfortable, or "bullied", at work because he was a devout Muslim. The truth or not of such assertions will be fleshed out in the coming hours and days, for sure. Did he have a work related reason, insane as it may have been, for wanting to harm these people ? That is not known or expressed this morning.

Then there is the seeming likelihood that he was radicalized by ISIS or ISIS-like propaganda and the images and themes seen in the news and online for a number of years now. He was described as "very religious" which might as well be spelled t-e-r-r-o-r-i-s-t in some people's eyes. He had traveled to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage earlier this year and returned home with a wife. Did she radicalize him ?

Now that this tragic event occurred, we will see the response fall into two camps. One side will say it is all about radical Islam and Muslims themselves, and the religion of Islam itself, and the other side will say it was all about the availability of guns and a culture of violence and indifference to violence. It is easy to predict that both sides will talk past one another.

Even if this attack was "terrorism", there have still been many more people killed by other types of mass shootings than by muslim related terrorist attacks since 9-11. If we stop the "muslim" attacks, and not the others, what does that say about our society ? And vice versa.

Are the handful of successful terrorist attacks more important as a national issue than the hundreds of "mass shootings" that fall into "workplace violence" (or just plain old fashioned madness )?

Mark III
12-03-2015, 10:34 AM
This particular "mass shooting", because it has elements of two different motives, may be a good basis for a national discussion for just what the hell is going on with mass gun violence in America.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Gun violence is a largely non-white and urban phenomenon, Mark. You don't want to have that conversation for obvious reasons.

Anyway, here we go...

Mark III
12-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Gun violence is a largely non-white and urban phenomenon, Mark. You don't want to have that conversation for obvious reasons.

Anyway, here we go...

You are race obsessed, with an emphasis on looking down on non- whites and non Europeans. As you are an avowed admirer of exploration and conquest era European monarchies, we can see why you have those racially obsessive beliefs.

If there were no black people, there would still be more mass shootings in the US that are not terrorist related than those that are.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 10:45 AM
You are race obsessed, with an emphasis on looking down on non- white and non Europeans. As you are an avowed admirer of exploration and conquest era European monarchies, we can see why you have those racially obsessive beliefs.

If there were no black people, there would still be more mass shootings in the US that are not terrorist related than those that are.

Race obsessed? I'm just stating the facts, Mark. Moreover, for a guy who creates so many threads about racism...I mean LOL.

Anyway, gun violence is a largely non-white and urban phenomenon. Isn't it time we had that conversation, Mark? :grin:

Mark III
12-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Race obsessed? I'm just stating the facts, Mark. Moreover, for a guy who creates so many threads about racism...I mean LOL.

Anyway, gun violence is a largely non-white and urban phenomenon. Isn't it time we had that conversation, Mark? :grin:

I wasn't necessarily expecting to have to repeat myself so soon.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 10:48 AM
I wasn't necessarily expecting to have to repeat myself so soon.

That's nice but mass shootings account for a tiny fraction of annual homicides regardless of motive.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Mark, did you know that approximately half of the homicides annually in the US are perpetrated by black men?

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Workplace violence???

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Cigar

Anyway, here we go...

Dam are you quick ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mark III
That's nice but mass shootings account for a tiny fraction of annual homicides regardless of motive.

Then we should not be much concerned with mass shootings done by islamic terrorists.

Cigar
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Mark, did you know that approximately half of the homicides annually in the US are perpetrated by black men?

http://www.1polly.nl/vissers/fishingtrip_man_fishing_boat.gif

Mister D
12-03-2015, 10:52 AM
Then we should not be much concerned with mass shootings done by islamic terrorists.

If we're hyperventilating about gun violence that's correct. Do you know anyone like that, Mark? :grin:

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Yep; in liberal loony land, ignore the FACT that the perps were MUSLIM. Forget the FACT that the guns used were obtained LEGALLY. Forget the FACT that the American born MUSLIM traveled to Saudi Arabie to marry his internet Jihadist sweetheart. Forget the FACT that this was all carefully planned and carried out down to dropping off their 6 month old child at grandmas before the attack.

Basically, liberal loonies want you to ignore ALL the FACTS and pretend that this is an issue with the NRA.

Yes, liberals really are THAT dumb.

Mark III
12-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Yep; in liberal loony land, ignore the FACT that the perps were MUSLIM. Forget the FACT that the guns used were obtained LEGALLY. Forget the FACT that the American born MUSLIM traveled to Saudi Arabie to marry his internet Jihadist sweetheart. Forget the FACT that this was all carefully planned and carried out down to dropping off their 6 month old child at grandmas before the attack.

Basically, liberal loonies want you to ignore ALL the FACTS and pretend that this is an issue with the NRA.

Yes, liberals really are THAT dumb.

It was workplace violence, by definition. He killed people at his workplace. It also appears that he may have been motivated by radical islamic beliefs. It was a twofer.

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 10:57 AM
It was workplace violence, by definition. He killed people at his workplace. It also appears that he may have been motivated by radical islamic beliefs. It was a twofer.

It was TERRORISM. Just as the mass killings by a Muslim major in Texas and the Muslim brothers in Boston.

What we do know is that gun laws don't prevent Islamic terrorism. But in ObamaTard land, it's about the NRA.

Cigar
12-03-2015, 11:02 AM

He was Born in The United States of America, traveled to Saudi Arabia, picked up a Saudi Wife, became a devout Muslim and Grew a Beard.

Sound s to like The US should ban Travels to our really good buddies in Saudi Arabia.

:laugh:

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 11:04 AM
He was Born in The United States of America, traveled to Saudi Arabia, picked up a Saudi Wife, became a devout Muslim and Grew a Beard.

Sound s to like The US should ban Travels to our really good buddies in Saudi Arabia.

:laugh:

Does it? Another dumb claim to add to liberal gun angst.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t542/apple-sauce38/Positive%20Reactions/laughing/biglaugh7_zpsd701e485.gif

Mark III
12-03-2015, 11:08 AM
It was TERRORISM. Just as the mass killings by a Muslim major in Texas and the Muslim brothers in Boston.

What we do know is that gun laws don't prevent Islamic terrorism. But in ObamaTard land, it's about the NRA.

As I said.

It was workplace violence, by definition. He killed people at his workplace.

It also appears to be related to his islamic beliefs. Such an act doesn't have to be all one or all the other.

I see, TD, you are still making idiotic comments and aspersions at an astronomical rate. That's too bad.

del
12-03-2015, 11:12 AM

neither do wars of aggression in the middle east

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
As I said.

It was workplace violence, by definition. He killed people at his workplace.

Wrong; this wasn't even AT the "workplace." DUH

Workplace violence is not arming one-self, getting into black Islamic Jihadist fatigues, planning the attack and then picking an event with lots of people in it you don't know while partnering with your female spouse to carry out the attack. Workplace violence is some whacko postal worker walking into his actual place of work and shooting his boss for perceived greivances.

[/B]It also appears to be related to his islamic beliefs. Such an act doesn't have to be all one or all the other.

Wrong; it doesn't "appear" to be related to his Muslim beliefs; it IS about them. DUH.

I see, TD, you are still making idiotic comments and aspersions at an astronomical rate. That's too bad.

Rather ironic coming from someone pontificating ignorantly about the OBVIOUS.

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 12:26 PM
neither do wars of aggression in the middle east

Still making up your BS as you go aren't you; you're really quite full of it.

The only ones waging wars of aggression in the ME are the dictators, tyrants and terrorists who low information liberals attempt to coddle and rationalize about in the failed idiotic belief that this will keep them from wanting to kill their dumb butts.

HoneyBadger
12-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Last night, one of the cable news shows cited rumors that Farook had been made to feel uncomfortable, or "bullied", at work because he was a devout Muslim.

Pure speculation. Generally, if your co-workers don't like you, they don't throw you a baby shower.

More likely, the venue was chosen because Farook was familiar with it and because there was going to be a concentration of state employees with lighter security than their normal work environment.

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Last night, one of the cable news shows cited rumors that Farook had been made to feel uncomfortable, or "bullied", at work because he was a devout Muslim.

This truly has to be one of the dumbest leftist talking points in the history of leftist media fabrications on the planet.

Mark III
12-03-2015, 01:23 PM

This truly has to be one of the dumbest leftist talking points in the history of leftist media fabrications on the planet.

The FBI just held a briefing. They said they cannot yet conclude a motive. If this guy had expressed jihad ideas on social media they would have that already. Why don't you let the FBI do their job and keep your uninformed ignorance to yourself for a while.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Considering the Muslim population of the US it's one hell of a coincidence if it had nothing to do with Islamic radicalism.

HoneyBadger
12-03-2015, 01:27 PM
The FBI just held a briefing. They said they cannot yet conclude a motive. If this guy had expressed jihad ideas on social media they would have that already. Why don't you let the FBI do their job and keep your uninformed ignorance to yourself for a while.

Syed Rizwan Farook -- one-half of the couple behind the San Bernardino shooting massacre (http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/us/california-shooting-scene/index.html) -- was apparently radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/us/san-bernardino-shooting/index.html

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:30 PM

Why? It didn't stop you from bloviating with your ignorance, did it?

HoneyBadger
12-03-2015, 01:30 PM
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. — The F.B.I. is treating its inquiry into the massacre here as a terrorism investigation, two law enforcement officials said Thursday, based on materials the suspects stockpiled — including explosives — their Middle East travels and evidence that one of them had been in touch with people with Islamist extremist views, both in the United States and abroad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/04/us/san-bernardino-shooting.html

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Oooops!! Gee, I wonder how MarkII is going to deal with the OBVIOUS??

Mark III
12-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Wrong; this wasn't even AT the "workplace." DUH

I know you are not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree, but come on. This was a work function. It was a reception held for and by a specific department of the county government of San Bernardino County, the same department and county that the shooter worked for.

Spread your bs elsewhere.

Subdermal
12-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Gosh. I wonder why Mark the Third didn't hop right on this news, and condemn it for what it was.

Mark III
12-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Considering the Muslim population of the US it's one hell of a coincidence if it had nothing to do with Islamic radicalism.

I don't see anyone saying it had nothing to do with islamic radicalism, and I did not say that in my original post. To the contrary.

It's hard to communicate on this forum because there are so many stupid people here. Present company excepted of course.

Dangermouse
12-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Jihadi's don't wear ninja outfits.

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:52 PM
I know you are not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree, but come on.

Coming from someone who thinks this is about bullying and intollerance in the workplace, this smacks of irony.

This was a work function. It was a reception held for and by a specific department of the county government of San Bernardino County, the same department and county that the shooter worked for.

It wasn't IN the workplace; but rather, outside of it. DUH. I bet you still think this isn't about Islamic terrorism don't you? Facts and the OBVIOUS are not your forte'.

Spread your bs elsewhere.

The only one spreading manure here is you; and you are a prolific spreader of Liberal manure. Yay you!!

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:53 PM
I don't see anyone saying it had nothing to do with islamic radicalism, and I did not say that in my original post. To the contrary.

It's hard to communicate on this forum because there are so many stupid people here. Present company excepted of course.

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:53 PM

Have you seen the ISIS troops? Try again. LMAO

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 01:54 PM

How Will Muslims Keep Their Jobs Now ?

nathanbforrest45
12-03-2015, 01:55 PM
I'll say it again. Paris had a Terrorist Attack, We had a "mass shooting"

Why is that?

birddog
12-03-2015, 02:04 PM
I'll say it again. Paris had a Terrorist Attack, We had a "mass shooting"

Why is that?

Simple, it is because being liberal is a mental disease and lying is the number one symptom! :grin:

Mister D
12-03-2015, 02:05 PM

You stated explicitly that the motive is unknown hence my comment.

You have trouble communicating, Mark, because you're an idiot.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 02:06 PM

He wasn't going to the ball game, Scotty. lol

jimmyz
12-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Looks Ninja enough to me

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sLZ2aS9QlHE/maxresdefault.jpg

Mark III
12-03-2015, 03:26 PM
How Will Muslims Keep Their Jobs Now ?

You're just not that bright. That's what happens when you listen to Limbaugh and Levin and Savage all day.

Mark III
12-03-2015, 03:33 PM
You stated explicitly that the motive is unknown hence my comment.

You have trouble communicating, Mark, because you're an idiot.

I know that paying attention to what other people say is not your thing, but here it is anyway

there is the seeming likelihood that he was radicalized by ISIS or ISIS-like propaganda

I even wrote that before the FBI released their information saying he had been in communication with terrorism suspects, so I wasn't basing it on that.

You and your other moronic buddies here miss the point.

If we want to be so worried and upset about islamic terrorist attacks in the United States, and we should, we should also be worried and upset about all the mass shootings in the US, including those not connected to islamic radicals, and do an equal amount of outraged handwringing about those killings. You are just as dead killed by a movie theater shooter as you are killed by a jihadist.

Enough casting pearls before swine though. I will let the swine do what they do best.

Beevee
12-03-2015, 03:36 PM

Does that mean that the other half are perpetrated by white men?

Perish the thought!

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 03:45 PM
You're just not that bright. That's what happens when you listen to Limbaugh and Levin and Savage all day.

You seem to make a lot of really dumb assumptions; you really are quite full of them.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Perish the thought!

Only when they lump Hispanics and non-Hispanics together and even then it's less then you would expect.

Perish the blacks you mean! :afro:

Truth Detector
12-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Perish the thought!

I see that math is not your forte'. It is about proportions, not mere numbers.

Mister D
12-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I know that paying attention to what other people say is not your thing, but here it is anyway

there is the seeming likelihood that he was radicalized by ISIS or ISIS-like propaganda

I even wrote that before the FBI released their information saying he had been in communication with terrorism suspects, so I wasn't basing it on that.

You and your other moronic buddies here miss the point.

If we want to be so worried and upset about islamic terrorist attacks in the United States, and we should, we should also be worried and upset about all the mass shootings in the US, including those not connected to islamic radicals, and do an equal amount of outraged handwringing about those killings. You are just as dead killed by a movie theater shooter as you are killed by a jihadist.

Enough casting pearls before swine though. I will let the swine do what they do best.

I didn't say I was worried about Islamic terror, Mark. Nor did I say I care about gun violence at all. Your communication problems stem from your stupidity. Seriously.

So we agree that terror is a likely motive. Good.

nathanbforrest45

Perish the thought!

In as much as white men out number black men about 8 to 1 the 50% murder rate of black men is rather significant don't you think?

Cigar

Perish the thought!

I think a Black Doctor smacked his azz when he was hatched, and he's been pissed every since them. :laugh:

Mister D
12-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I think a Black Doctor smacked his azz when he was hatched, and he's been pissed every since them. :laugh:

Teh black doctor? Who Ben Carson? :laugh:

Cigar
12-03-2015, 03:49 PM
In as much as white men out number black men about 8 to 1 the 50% murder rate of black men is rather significant don't you think?

That's because they don't take any sh!t from anyone :laugh: even other Black People

Cigar
12-03-2015, 03:50 PM

Well that explains half of your thoughts

Matty
12-03-2015, 03:50 PM

I think the democrats refer to him as a coon.

Beevee
12-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Yet it's a conservative who makes that point here.

Cigar
12-03-2015, 03:58 PM

I refer to him as a GOP Presidential Candidate, and that's good enough for me. :wink:

Common
12-03-2015, 05:16 PM
That's because they don't take any sh!t from anyone :laugh: even other Black People

Actually what it means is black by a far higher percentage than whites are thugs and thuglets that commit violent crimes but they do murder a much higher percentage of their own and the shame of that is they murder women kids and old men and women who cant defend themselves. Having a gun in a car and driving by and shooting two people doesnt fall into the category of not taking any shit. Its called being a punk, along with running into convenient stores and liquor stores and blowing up an unarmed clerk for absolutely no reason. Theres far more times over videos of that than police videos

Mac-7
12-03-2015, 06:39 PM
How many Muslims showing up at work across the country this morning are receiving a very wary eye from co-workers ? Especially if they are "religious" ?

It seems at initial glance that the San Bernardino attack was a mashup of terrorist attack and "workplace violence". The shooter (along with his wife) worked with the people that he went in and killed. There are virtually no instances of such a mass murder not being connected to something about the employment or work environment. Last night, one of the cable news shows cited rumors that Farook had been made to feel uncomfortable, or "bullied", at work because he was a devout Muslim. The truth or not of such assertions will be fleshed out in the coming hours and days, for sure. Did he have a work related reason, insane as it may have been, for wanting to harm these people ? That is not known or expressed this morning.

Then there is the seeming likelihood that he was radicalized by ISIS or ISIS-like propaganda and the images and themes seen in the news and online for a number of years now. He was described as "very religious" which might as well be spelled t-e-r-r-o-r-i-s-t in some people's eyes. He had traveled to Saudi Arabia for pilgrimage earlier this year and returned home with a wife. Did she radicalize him ?

Now that this tragic event occurred, we will see the response fall into two camps. One side will say it is all about radical Islam and Muslims themselves, and the religion of Islam itself, and the other side will say it was all about the availability of guns and a culture of violence and indifference to violence. It is easy to predict that both sides will talk past one another.

Even if this attack was "terrorism", there have still been many more people killed by other types of mass shootings than by muslim related terrorist attacks since 9-11. If we stop the "muslim" attacks, and not the others, what does that say about our society ? And vice versa.

Are the handful of successful terrorist attacks more important as a national issue than the hundreds of "mass shootings" that fall into "workplace violence" (or just plain old fashioned madness )?

The first thing we should do is stop immigration by muslims

And by all means leave the syrians in syria.

Dont bring them here

nathanbforrest45
12-04-2015, 08:29 AM

So, blacks, as a race, are more violent then whites??

Subdermal
12-06-2015, 11:02 AM

What a bullsht assertion. In case you're not paying attention, Mark, it is exactly what one could claim of those subject to your posts.

Regardless on what side of the political aisle one finds themselves, there is no loss of intelligence in listening to what the opposition has to say. On the contrary: being versed in what both sides say, do and believe is key in developing honed insight, and the skill to look beneath the surface for inconvenient truths.