PDA

View Full Version : Niger says would respect court commitments on Gaddafi

Mister D
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I guess that was a bust.

NIAMEY (Reuters) - Niger would respect its commitments to the International Criminal Court if Libya's Muammar Gaddafi or his sons entered the country, the head of President Mahamadou Issoufou's cabinet told Reuters on Friday.

"We are signatories of the Rome Statute (of the International Criminal Court), so they know what they are exposed to if they come. Niger is a country of rights but we will also respect our international commitments," cabinet director Massaoudou Hassoumi said.

http://news.yahoo.com/niger-says-respect-court-commitments-gaddafi-135314860.html

Conley
09-09-2011, 05:07 PM
What was a bust?

Gaddafi's plans for asylum?

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I wonder if Niger fears the rebels crossing the border or fear Momar's people trying to take over more?

MMC
09-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I guess that was a bust.

NIAMEY (Reuters) - Niger would respect its commitments to the International Criminal Court if Libya's Muammar Gaddafi or his sons entered the country, the head of President Mahamadou Issoufou's cabinet told Reuters on Friday.

"We are signatories of the Rome Statute (of the International Criminal Court), so they know what they are exposed to if they come. Niger is a country of rights but we will also respect our international commitments," cabinet director Massaoudou Hassoumi said.

http://news.yahoo.com/niger-says-respect-court-commitments-gaddafi-135314860.html

Yeah and the fact he released another broadcast vowing to fight and calling on Libyans to take back their country. Moreover he was offered asylum in another Country right next to Niger. Like our Intel thought. He would try to get out thru Niger or Chad. If he was going to give up.

Mister D
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
What was a bust?

Gaddafi's plans for asylum?

Yeah. That was what people have been talking about ever since that convoy was purported to be on its way to Niger or something like that.

Mister D
09-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I guess that was a bust.

Yeah and the fact he released another broadcast vowing to fight and calling on Libyans to take back their country. Moreover he was offered asylum in another Country right next to Niger. Like our Intel thought. He would try to get out thru Niger or Chad. If he was going to give up.

I don't buy any of that tinpot dictator bombast. He will flee. Count on it.

MMC
09-10-2011, 10:20 AM
It's a pretty good sign when all the Mercs are pulling out of his country. His daughter and couple wives are in Algeria. Althought that swath of land that the Rebels have to go thru might not give in regardless if Qadhafi is gone. Specially knowing Sunni involvement with in the Rebels cause.

If Qadhafi didnt have any media source they would have reduced him to a nobody. Unfortunately he is able to broadcast thruout the whole country. Even while the Rebels are shutting off electric and what limited power sources there are. I figured if his sons kept fighting he would. If his sons were all captured or killed. Then he would flee.