PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump wants to ban the internet, will ask Bill Gates to ‘close it up’

Cigar
12-08-2015, 03:20 PM
I almost placed this is the Science and Technology section, but like most Republican Post, let's just be honest, they know nothing about Science or Technology.

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Donald Trump has called for the internet to be turned off so that children can no longer use it.

The presidential hopeful said that "We've got to maybe do something with the internet," because it was being used to radicalize people. He said that he would "see Bill Gates" so that he could look into "closing it up".... :rollseyes:

"We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening.

"We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Donald-Trump-wants-to-ban-the-internet-will-ask-Bill-Gates-to-close-it-up/articleshow/50093748.cms

No this is not Satire, this is the Leading GOP Presidential Candidate :geez:

:happy1: Hey Conservatives, care to explain this one away as Media Bias?

Cigar
12-08-2015, 03:32 PM
BAD NEWS just heard from Bill Gates. He's closing the internet in 15 minutes

He wasn't going to do it, but then he heard Donald Trump talk about Muslims holding tailgate parties and decided in favor of it.

Sorry, guys. I know a lot of you might be in the middle of something, but we're all going to have to leave the internet in as orderly a fashion as possible to avoid a stampede. We've got several billion people and we've all got to leave pretty quickly.

So gather up your sh!t and place your final post.

I hope you have found a friend. :laugh:

Ethereal
12-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Hillary Clinton feels largely the same way:

We’re going to have to have more support from our friends in the technology world to deny online space. Just as we have to destroy [ISIS’s] would-be caliphate, we have to deny them online space. And this is complicated. You’re going to hear all of the usual complaints, you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating.
--Hillary Clinton (https://theintercept.com/2015/12/08/donald-trumps-ban-muslims-proposal-is-wildly-dangerous-but-not-far-outside-the-u-s-mainstream/)

Green Arrow
12-08-2015, 04:31 PM

We’re going to have to have more support from our friends in the technology world to deny online space. Just as we have to destroy [ISIS’s] would-be caliphate, we have to deny them online space. And this is complicated. You’re going to hear all of the usual complaints, you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating.
--Hillary Clinton (https://theintercept.com/2015/12/08/donald-trumps-ban-muslims-proposal-is-wildly-dangerous-but-not-far-outside-the-u-s-mainstream/)

She was, like, joking, man. Or something...

Crepitus
12-08-2015, 04:50 PM
bad news just heard from bill gates. He's closing the internet in 15 minutes

he wasn't going to do it, but then he heard donald trump talk about muslims holding tailgate parties and decided in favor of it.

Sorry, guys. I know a lot of you might be in the middle of something, but we're all going to have to leave the internet in as orderly a fashion as possible to avoid a stampede. We've got several billion people and we've all got to leave pretty quickly.

So gather up your sh!t and place your final post.

I hope you have found a friend. :laugh:
lmfao!!!

Gypsy
12-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Donald Trump wants to 'close up' the InternetDonald Trump has called for a shutdown of the Internet in certain areas to stop the spread of terror.In a speech at the U.S.S. Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, on Monday, Trump referenced the use by ISIS of social media as a recruitment tool. He recommended a discussion with Bill Gates to shut off parts of the Internet.
"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet," Trump said. "We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people."
Some totalitarian governments do it
The notion that the Internet could be shut off is not completely off base. North Korea does it. Some countries have been known to shut off Internet service to their citizens in times of crisis. Egypt restricted the Internet during the 2011 Arab Spring uprising.
Other countries block certain Internet services and sites. China is the most famous example, forbidding most social networking sites as well as websites that deal with subjects the government doesn't want its citizens to know about.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/08/technology/donald-trump-internet/

Land of the free ...:rollseyes:

Newpublius
12-08-2015, 11:37 PM
Cyberwarfare does exist and the government has already done things where if cyberattacks are coming, think China, that the US would essentially be able to block all traffic from traffic.

They were discussing the 'internet kill switch' and then nobody really heard much about it..

Doublejack
12-08-2015, 11:38 PM
I thought that was going to be from the onion.

Gypsy
12-08-2015, 11:54 PM
I thought that was going to be from the onion.

Scary, huh?

Cigar
12-09-2015, 08:01 AM

This Thread is about Donald Trump, try to focus.

knight
12-09-2015, 08:06 AM
I want to close up Trump's bigass mouth. What a repulsive dumbass.

Jets
12-09-2015, 08:07 AM
I think theres another thread on this.

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:13 AM
I think theres another thread on this.

Many. And, it seems as if the lefties love the terrorists.

donttread
12-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Donald Trump wants to 'close up' the Internet

Donald Trump has called for a shutdown of the Internet in certain areas to stop the spread of terror.

In a speech at the U.S.S. Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, on Monday, Trump referenced the use by ISIS of social media as a recruitment tool. He recommended a discussion with Bill Gates to shut off parts of the Internet.
"We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet," Trump said. "We have to go see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people. We have a lot of foolish people."
The notion that the Internet could be shut off is not completely off base. North Korea does it. Some countries have been known to shut off Internet service to their citizens in times of crisis. Egypt restricted the Internet during the 2011 Arab Spring uprising.
Other countries block certain Internet services and sites. China is the most famous example, forbidding most social networking sites as well as websites that deal with subjects the government doesn't want its citizens to know about.

For now , a year away from the election, saying ridiculous outrageous shit garners attention from people that are sick of the same old political lies and PC rhetoric. But once again , it's a parlor trick. Trump will not win the nomination and even he did he will lose the election. The closer we get the more people will think through what he's saying. Yes even the American voter can think independently at times, albeit rarely.

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Many. And, it seems as if the lefties love the terrorists.
I'd be insulted if someone with two brain cells to rub together said that.

Luckily I get to keep my good mood!:grin:

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:36 AM
I'd be insulted if someone with two brain cells to rub together said that.

Luckily I get to keep my good mood!:grin:

Why would you say a thing like that? You know the left cannot wait to import some more terrorists.

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Why would you say a thing like that? You know the left cannot wait to import some more terrorists.
No Matty, you know that.

Everybody else has more common sense.

Common Sense
12-09-2015, 08:38 AM

That's right. We're trying to sneak them in because we hate freedom. Muhahahahahahaaaa!

:rollseyes:

Chris
12-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Donald Trump wants to 'close up' the InternetDonald Trump has called for a shutdown of the Internet in certain areas to stop the spread of terror.In a speech at the U.S.S. Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, on Monday, Trump referenced the use by ISIS of social media as a recruitment tool. He recommended a discussion with Bill Gates to shut off parts of the Internet.

Seems to me both the so-called left and the so-called right--really just populists--want security of totalitarianism over liberty.

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:41 AM
That's right. We're trying to sneak them in because we hate freedom. Muhahahahahahaaaa!

:rollseyes:

There is no we! I am talking about the US. Not Canada.

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:44 AM
No Matty, you know that.

Everybody else has more common sense.

The facts speak. I know ISIS has announced they will come in with the refugees. I know they cannot be vetted properly. I know state governors do not want them. I know the American people do not want them. It's the left who want them. Stay focused.

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 08:46 AM
The facts speak. I know ISIS has announced they will come in with the refugees. I know they cannot be vetted properly. I know state governors do not want them. I know the American people do not want them. It's the left who want them. Stay focused.
No, you know what your republican talking heads tell you to know, nothing more.

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:49 AM
No, you know what your republican talking heads tell you to know, nothing more.

Prove me wrong then.

knight
12-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Theres not an over abundance of smarts in you, is there?

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Theres not an over abundance of smarts in you, is there?

Prove me wrong then.

Common Sense
12-09-2015, 08:53 AM
There is no we! I am talking about the US. Not Canada.

Didn't you know all us lefties are in cahoots? It's part of the plan to create a borderless communist caliphate. :evil:

Cigar
12-09-2015, 08:54 AM
Prove me wrong then.

How about you get back to us once Trump shuts down the Internet. :laugh:

Matty
12-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Didn't you know all us lefties are in cahoots? It's part of the plan to create a borderless communist caliphate. :evil:

When I speak about lefties it is in reference to lefties in the US, not Canada.

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Prove me wrong then.
What do you mean "prove you wrong"? You tried to tell me what I think. It isn't what I think. Ergo you are wrong.

Matty
12-09-2015, 09:00 AM
What do you mean "prove you wrong"? You tried to tell me what I think. It isn't what I think. Ergo you are wrong.

Nay. I do not think you think therefore I would never try to tell a person who does not think what he/ she thinks.

knight
12-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Prove me wrong then.

You're one of those who think that its someone elses job to prove your statements wrong when you should be posting things that you can prove right.

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Nay. I do not think you think therefore I would never try to tell a person who does not think what he/ she thinks.
Nice try, small chuckle.

Keep working on it kiddo.

nathanbforrest45
12-09-2015, 09:02 AM
I think we should allow ISIS to openly recruit at our malls and high schools. If the US Military can do it why not someone like ISIS who are merely patriots to their religious beliefs?

Matty
12-09-2015, 09:04 AM
I think we should allow ISIS to openly recruit at our malls and high schools. If the US Military can do it why not someone like ISIS who are merely patriots to their religious beliefs?

The left will approve of that!

Crepitus
12-09-2015, 09:09 AM
The left will approve of that!
No, there are a few extremist morons who will approve of it, just like the are a few extremist morons who think it's a good idea to put the kibosh on the internet.

Like your leading presidential candidate for instance.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 09:17 AM

They would have never had a that at my High School :laugh:

There were no mommy boys and girls shooting up the place because they were angry they didn't get their daily breast milk. Recruitment's for gangs ... sure. But not to kill indiscriminately because life isn't going their way. Hell, there's not profit in that. :grin:

Gypsy
12-09-2015, 04:49 PM
I almost placed this is the Science and Technology section, but like most Republican Post, let's just be honest, they know nothing about Science or Technology.

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Donald Trump has called for the internet to be turned off so that children can no longer use it.

The presidential hopeful said that "We've got to maybe do something with the internet," because it was being used to radicalize people. He said that he would "see Bill Gates" so that he could look into "closing it up".... :rollseyes:

"We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening.

"We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Donald-Trump-wants-to-ban-the-internet-will-ask-Bill-Gates-to-close-it-up/articleshow/50093748.cms

No this is not Satire, this is the Leading GOP Presidential Candidate :geez:

:happy1: Hey Conservatives, care to explain this one away as Media Bias?

I'm sorry, I didn't see this thread before I posted mine.

Can one of the mods merge the threads please?

Ethereal
12-09-2015, 05:37 PM

It's about the internet, too, and Hillary Clinton had something to say about it that was essentially no different than what Trump said.

Of course, they're both wrong. But partisans from both sides will find a way to justify one statement and condemn the other, even though there is practically no difference between them.

hanger4
12-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Bashing Trump for something said, when Hillary said essentially the same just shows you have no focus.

Chris
12-09-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't see this thread before I posted mine.

Can one of the mods merge the threads please?

Merged.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 06:14 PM
President Trump; has an interesting ring to it. If his Presidency chases all the Liberals to Kanukistan and Europistan; maybe voting for him makes sense and would do this country some good......Hmmmmm.......