PDA

View Full Version : Carter banned iranians from coming to us during hostage crisis

Peter1469
12-08-2015, 09:18 PM
CARTER BANNED IRANIANS FROM COMING TO US DURING HOSTAGE CRISIS (http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261062/carter-banned-iranians-coming-us-during-hostage-daniel-greenfield)
But the media chose to compare Trump to Hitler instead. Still waiting for Trump's final solution to the (radical) Muslim problem.

Trump is a monster, a madman and a vile racist. He's just like Hitler. Or Jimmy Carter (https://twitter.com/TimShutters/status/674279813960491008).

During the Iranian hostage crisis, Carter issued a number of orders to put pressure on Iran. Among these, Iranians were banned from entering (http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1980/4/8/carter-cuts-ties-with-iran-ppresident/) the United States unless they oppose the Shiite Islamist regime or had a medical emergency.

Here's Jimmy "Hitler" Carter saying (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=33233) it back in 1980.

Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly.

Apparently barring people from a terrorist country is not against "our values" after all. It may even be "who we are". Either that or Carter was a racist monster just like Trump.

Read more at the link.

maineman
12-08-2015, 09:22 PM
because we were having a problem with IRANIANS. There are Muslims living all over the place. We are NOT having a problem with the world's Muslims, only with a small group of Muslim extremists.

Mister D
12-08-2015, 09:23 PM
LOL Nice. Well that angle of attack just went poof.

Moreover, I have yet to hear a rational explanation of why Trump's idea is bad for America. Everything I've heard so far has been inane (e.g 'it's not who we are as a people' lol).

Matty
12-08-2015, 09:24 PM
because we were having a problem with IRANIANS. There are Muslims living all over the place. We are NOT having a problem with the world's Muslims, only with a small group of Muslim extremists.

Delusional.

Peter1469
12-08-2015, 09:25 PM

That is true.

Trump should had limited his comment to the Muslim nations where the extremists are coming from.

Mister D
12-08-2015, 09:26 PM

We weren't having a problem with all Iranians either. :grin: Just stop, maine. It looks bad enough as it is. Don't make it worse.

Cthulhu
12-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Moreover, I have yet to hear a rational explanation of why Trump's idea is bad for America. Everything I've heard so far has been inane (e.g 'it's not who we are as a people' lol).
I will say the intent is good, but destined to fail.

Simply for the reason that they can enter via another country's citizenship at a later date.

We need sealed borders for about 15 years while we figure out our own diversity problem. Also while avoiding those who would like to enter with intent to harm.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

maineman
12-08-2015, 09:28 PM
That is true.

Trump should had limited his comment to the Muslim nations where the extremists are coming from.

to outlaw an entire religion based upon the actions of a few of its members is horrible public policy.

Cthulhu
12-08-2015, 09:31 PM
to outlaw an entire religion based upon the actions of a few of its members is horrible public policy.

Come hither.

Behold, I have 10 skittles. One is poisoned and shall kill thee.

Thou mayest have all thou desirest.

Wouldst thou still desire to taste the rainbow?

Mister D
12-08-2015, 09:46 PM

No one suggestred outlawing a religion. Good God...

Mister D
12-08-2015, 09:47 PM
I will say the intent is good, but destined to fail.

Simply for the reason that they can enter via another country's citizenship at a later date.

We need sealed borders for about 15 years while we figure out our own diversity problem. Also while avoiding those who would like to enter with intent to harm.

It's sign of the times that something so sensible is greeted with horror.

Cthulhu
12-08-2015, 09:49 PM
It's sign of the times that something so sensible is greeted with horror.
Kinda my feelings on the topic.

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:19 PM
what would you feel if you were an American born, US military veteran, who also happened to be a Muslim? How you you feel about your country singling your faith out - not the extremist elements of your faith - but your entire faith as somehow being untrustworthy and suspect?

Gypsy
12-08-2015, 10:29 PM

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebern163236.html?src=t_history_repeats_itself )
George Bernard Shaw (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html)

Green Arrow
12-08-2015, 10:32 PM
what would you feel if you were an American born, US military veteran, who also happened to be a Muslim? How you you feel about your country singling your faith out - not the extremist elements of your faith - but your entire faith as somehow being untrustworthy and suspect?

I would feel just fine. I'm an American, the policy wouldn't affect me. It would only affect non-American Muslims.

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:37 PM
I would feel just fine. I'm an American, the policy wouldn't affect me. It would only affect non-American Muslims.

:rofl:

zelmo1234
12-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I know there is a real push to get Trump out of the race. They have doubled down on this latest statement.

I hope that his numbers go up, just to watch the media have a cow!

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 10:45 PM
CARTER BANNED IRANIANS FROM COMING TO US DURING HOSTAGE CRISIS (http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261062/carter-banned-iranians-coming-us-during-hostage-daniel-greenfield)

But the media chose to compare Trump to Hitler instead. Still waiting for Trump's final solution to the (radical) Muslim problem.

Read more at the link.

Liberals employ the tactic of selective outrage, or selective memory loss.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 10:46 PM

The question is moot. I would not be involved in a satanic religion in the first place

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Iranians are citizens of a country that was holding our embassy staff hostage.

Muslims are members of a world wide religion that is not, as a religion, doing anything against the United States.

Can't see the difference???

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:47 PM
The question is moot. I would not be involved in a satanic religion in the first place

but would you be a muslim?

different thing entirely.

Gypsy
12-08-2015, 10:48 PM

Muslims are members of a world wide religion that is not, as a religion, doing anything against the United States.

Exactly!

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 10:48 PM

Like him

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 10:49 PM
but would you be a muslim?

different thing entirely.

Islam is a satanic religion. I would not become a follower of a satanic religion.

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Like him

I am not outraged, nor have I forgotten anything, so, no, not like me.

maineman
12-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Islam is a satanic religion. I would not become a follower of a satanic religion.

the muslims that I know well say differently.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 11:00 PM

Of course they will.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 11:01 PM
I am not outraged, nor have I forgotten anything, so, no, not like me. Both your memory and ability to demonstrate outrage are completely selective.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Of course they will.

They are friends I have known for over thirty years. I have a great deal more faith in THEIR integrity than I do yours, that's for sure.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Both your memory and ability to demonstrate outrage are completely selective.

words. You can show nothing that I have forgotten or have been outraged about unjustly.

Green Arrow
12-08-2015, 11:03 PM

The vast majority of Iranians didn't do anything against the U.S. either.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:07 PM
The vast majority of Iranians didn't do anything against the U.S. either.

but the COUNTRY for which they pledged their allegiance did.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 11:08 PM
words. You can show nothing that I have forgotten or have been outraged about unjustly.

That's funny. You're right. I can't make a list of all the things you've selectively forgotten. Maybe you could if you tried.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:13 PM
That's funny. You're right. I can't make a list of all the things you've selectively forgotten. Maybe you could if you tried.

yet you claim that I have forgotten things.... how can you make such a claim and not be able to point to one thing that I have forgotten? Just more oral diarrhea from you.

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 11:15 PM
yet you claim that I have forgotten things.... how can you make such a claim and not be able to point to one thing that I have forgotten? Just more oral diarrhea from you.

I said you have selective memory loss. Prove I'm wrong.

Green Arrow
12-08-2015, 11:29 PM

So that justifies banning all Iranians from entering the U.S.? Actions they didn't undertake themselves, but a small number of them in the government did?

Tahuyaman
12-08-2015, 11:34 PM

So that justifies banning all Iranians from entering the U.S.? Actions they didn't undertake themselves, but a small number of them in the government did?

it's different if one pledges their allegiance to a satanic religion.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:54 PM
we were in a state of conflict with their COUNTRY. Not their religion.

maineman
12-08-2015, 11:55 PM
I said you have selective memory loss. Prove I'm wrong.

How can one prove a negative that is proposed with no supporting evidence? You made the assertion. Prove you are right.

Green Arrow
12-08-2015, 11:56 PM
we were in a state of conflict with their COUNTRY. Not their religion.

The terrorists that we are in a state of conflict with are motivated entirely by their religion.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2015, 12:03 AM
How can one prove a negative that is proposed with no supporting evidence? ...

You tell me. You make that demand of others all the time.

maineman
12-09-2015, 12:09 AM
You tell me. You make that demand of others all the time.

link to one post where I have done so.

maineman
12-09-2015, 01:40 AM
::::crickets chirping::::

Ransom
12-09-2015, 07:35 AM

Lot of em in Mexico, huh?

Oops.

maineman
12-09-2015, 08:08 AM

Oops.

a few... and, as we all know, it's impossible to know anyone who does not actually live on your same block.

:yawn:

donttread
12-09-2015, 08:33 AM

Read more at the link.

He needed to make it look like the CIA had no knowledge that the embassy was at risk, partly due to their meddling

Common Sense
12-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Banning people temporarily from one nation is vastly different than banning people of a specific religion.

People have passports. People don't have religious identity cards.

decedent
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM

Unlike Syrian families, Iranian families weren't being slaughtered in a war. But let's just pretend they were because ... well... Carter.

domer76
12-09-2015, 11:40 AM

Right. He just pissed off a bunch of world leaders he would have to work with as President.

He's a punk and a blowhard and is playing his ignorant supporters like a fiddle. When are you going to wake up and smell the stench?

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:43 AM

LMAO; yep, it's not a Muslim issue.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 11:44 AM

Read more at the link.

OK ... Trump is acting just like Carter ... but Carter isn't the one Running for President. So is it OK if Donald Trump remains the relevant individual in the current conversation? Carter ... Trump, still doesn't make it right for today Wednesday December 9th 2015

:grin:

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:45 AM

Read more at the link.

So, when Carter DID it, it was okay. When Trump TALKS about it, he is a Nazi like Hitler?

Yep, Liberals really are THAT dumb.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:46 AM

STRAWMAN ALERT: no one is outlawing an entire religion. Stop already.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 11:49 AM
STRAWMAN ALERT: no one is outlawing an entire religion. Stop already.

Do you not have the capacity to comprehend the exact ... precise words that came from Donald J Trump?

Or are you just denying he said it?

:huh:

Cigar
12-09-2015, 11:49 AM
So, when Carter DID it, it was okay. When Trump TALKS about it, he is a Nazi like Hitler?

Yep, Liberals really are THAT dumb.

NO ... now back to reality

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:50 AM

If I were that Muslim soldier I would be much more concerned about the leaders of my faith not condemning the acts of my fellow Muslims vocally enough and a President who thinks Global Warming and private gun ownership are a bigger threat to freedom and liberty than Islamic extremists who are willing to murder thousands merely because they are not Muslims.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:51 AM

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/georgebern163236.html?src=t_history_repeats_itself )
George Bernard Shaw (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_bernard_shaw.html)

That is getting old in a hurry.....but Liberals are fine jailing Christians who don't cater to gay weddings.

Irony.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:52 AM
I know there is a real push to get Trump out of the race. They have doubled down on this latest statement.

I hope that his numbers go up, just to watch the media have a cow!

The will.....making the liberals emotionally erupt to an even greater degree than they are now.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 11:52 AM
That is getting old in a hurry.....but Liberals are fine jailing Christians who don't cater to gay weddings.

Irony.

Who is refusing to jail anyone convicted of a crime? :huh:

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:53 AM
They are friends I have known for over thirty years. I have a great deal more faith in THEIR integrity than I do yours, that's for sure.

This is as dumb as "I have black friends, therefore....."

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Banning people temporarily from one nation is vastly different than banning people of a specific religion.

People have passports. People don't have religious identity cards.

Iranians aren't a Muslim nation?? Whoddathunkit. DUMB.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:57 AM
He's a punk and a blowhard and is playing his ignorant supporters like a fiddle. When are you going to wake up and smell the stench?

I think he's playing the liberal media like a fiddle and exposing their glaring leftist bias.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Unlike Syrian families, Iranian families weren't being slaughtered in a war. But let's just pretend they were because ... well... Carter.

Selective outrage again.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:58 AM
OK ... Trump is acting just like Carter ... but Carter isn't the one Running for President. So is it OK if Donald Trump remains the relevant individual in the current conversation? Carter ... Trump, still doesn't make it right for today Wednesday December 9th 2015

:grin:

So running for President is greater than being President? Dumb.

Tahuyaman
12-09-2015, 11:58 AM

Oops.

you can't believe anything that clown says.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Do you not have the capacity to comprehend the exact ... precise words that came from Donald J Trump?

Or are you just denying he said it?

:huh:

I comprehend them perfectly; it's you and the left emotionally erupting with strawmen. Still pretending you know what you're talking about?

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 12:00 PM
NO ... now back to reality

I wish you did go back to reality instead of the business of constructing false strawmen.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 12:01 PM
Who is refusing to jail anyone convicted of a crime? :huh:

Crime?? LMAO; that's funny BS.

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 12:03 PM
Christian faith = Bad; Muslim faith = embrace. Am I missing anything here?

I can't wait until a Muslim business refuses to cater a gay wedding; will they be fined and marched off to jail like Christians? Will that cause jihad?

Cigar
12-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I wish you did go back to reality instead of the business of constructing false strawmen.

Well wish in one hand and do whatever you want with the other.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Right. He just pissed off a bunch of world leaders he would have to work with as President.

Um...who exactly?

domer76
12-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Um...who exactly?

If the shoe fits, D.....

Mister D
12-09-2015, 01:07 PM
If the shoe fits, D.....

You don't know, do you? Shocker.

domer76
12-09-2015, 01:16 PM

I see the pro-Trump idiots on these threads all the time, D. How can you be so dense as to miss them? Too busy looking in the mirror?

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Well wish in one hand and do whatever you want with the other.

You thought I needed your approval? LMAO

maineman
12-09-2015, 01:17 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/world/europe/donald-trumps-call-to-bar-muslims-reverberates-abroad.html?_r=0

Mister D
12-09-2015, 01:19 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/world/europe/donald-trumps-call-to-bar-muslims-reverberates-abroad.html?_r=0

:laugh: Yeah, I saw that. Like I said earlier, the British and French people agree with Trump. The British and French political class ought to worry about their own constituencies.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 01:20 PM
I see the pro-Trump idiots on these threads all the time, D. How can you be so dense as to miss them? Too busy looking in the mirror?

I asked you a specific question. If you don't know the answer to it that's OK.

domer76
12-09-2015, 03:46 PM
I asked you a specific question. If you don't know the answer to it that's OK.

You're one of those Trump dicksuckers, aren't you? Beside yourself in adoration.

Warning: for language. Also a warning infraction was added.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 03:47 PM
You're one of those Trump dicksuckers, aren't you? Beside yourself in adoration.

Still don't know, huh?

domer76
12-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Still don't know, huh?

Obviously, I do!

Cigar
Deceptions and Distractions ... look over here and you won't see the guys who's actually Running for President ... :laugh:

Mister D
Obviously, I do!

Well, then let's hear it. Who exactly?

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Deceptions and Distractions ... look over here and you won't see the guys who's actually Running for President ... :laugh:

More like....look over there and you won't see the guy who's actually sitting in the White House.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 03:52 PM
More like....look over there and you won't see the guy who's actually sitting in the White House.

I've seen him for over 6 years ... need a picture? :laugh:

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 03:52 PM

Liberals seem to be so concerned about what other nations think of us, but never about what we think of them.

domer76
12-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Well, then let's hear it. Who exactly?

Awwww, D. Your self-awareness is so lacking!

Truth Detector
12-09-2015, 03:58 PM
I've seen him for over 6 years ... need a picture? :laugh:

SPIN little ballerina....SPIN! :laugh:

Mister D
12-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Awwww, D. Your self-awareness is so lacking!

Guess you don't know after all! :laugh:

texan
12-09-2015, 04:21 PM
This is not unusual more than one president has had to hit pause. It is not a racial thing in the least bit it is a security thing.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 04:29 PM
https://image-store.slidesharecdn.com/294e3b51-81b9-488a-bcfd-9dae9ede8456-medium.jpeg