PDA

View Full Version : Let me explain to you partisan idiots how American elections work

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 09:32 PM
No, Donald Trump is not going to lose to Hillary in a historic landslide. No, Hillary will not beat any GOP candidate in a landslide. No, not a single GOP candidate will beat Hillary in a landslide.

Satan could win the nomination for the GOP and Jesus Christ the nomination for the Democrats, and both will be guaranteed between 40-49% of the vote just by virtue of winning the nomination. The remaining 1-10% will be decided by the independent voters and spread out between the third party candidates. In today's political climate, the biggest margin of victory between Generic Republican Candidate and Generic Democratic Candidate will be 10%.

That's just how our shitty partisan politics works.

Cigar
12-09-2015, 09:33 PM
So you going against Vegas :laugh:

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 09:34 PM
So you going against Vegas :laugh:

There is no way you read my post that fast.

Anyway, say something intelligent for a change.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:39 PM
No, Donald Trump is not going to lose to Hillary in a historic landslide. No, Hillary will not beat any GOP candidate in a landslide. No, not a single GOP candidate will beat Hillary in a landslide.

Satan could win the nomination for the GOP and Jesus Christ the nomination for the Democrats, and both will be guaranteed between 40-49% of the vote just by virtue of winning the nomination. The remaining 1-10% will be decided by the independent voters and spread out between the third party candidates. In today's political climate, the biggest margin of victory between Generic Republican Candidate and Generic Democratic Candidate will be 10%.

That's just how our $#@!ty partisan politics works.

Sad but true. For example, we can see how little thought was put into the criticism of Trump's immigration comments with regard to Muslims. They were really horrible but apparently no one knows why. Yes, I'm sure there are many examples from the right as well but, quite frankly, I don't see them because I tend to ignore the 'Hillary sucks' threads. I find them boring. Anyway, spot on.

OTOH, I think part of that is due to the simple lack of real choice that voters have. Undoubtedly, there is a great deal of mindless partisanship but there are also thinking folks who are just trying to make the best out of a closed system.

Common
12-09-2015, 09:39 PM
The force is all lined up against trump, he has the GOP against him, all the big donors and of course all the democrats and the media. Its certainly going to test the resolve of his supporters. So if trump falls whos next up? Its looking like ted cruz. I think Cruz has less a chance against hillary than trump and I dont think trump can beat hillary

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:40 PM
There is no way you read my post that fast.

Anyway, say something intelligent for a change.

Just ban the troll. He deserves no consideration.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:41 PM
The force is all lined up against trump, he has the GOP against him, all the big donors and of course all the democrats and the media. Its certainly going to test the resolve of his supporters. So if trump falls whos next up? Its looking like ted cruz. I think Cruz has less a chance against hillary than trump and I dont think trump can beat hillary

Which tells you that Trump is perceived as a threat.

Common
12-09-2015, 09:42 PM

Yes to everyone

Cigar
12-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Just ban the troll. He deserves no consideration.

There's NO waiting, step right up ... :pottytrain2:

TBed by OP.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Yes to everyone

That's one thing I can't help but like about him.

texan
12-09-2015, 09:46 PM
You are all racists.

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 09:49 PM
There's NO waiting, step right up ... :pottytrain2:

https://49.media.tumblr.com/ae6f25e512db172b240beebae4e9c824/tumblr_nrac5wwCwz1sirjv6o1_500.gif

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 09:51 PM
That's one thing I can't help but like about him.

I find him detestable mainly because I think this persona of his is just as fake as his hair and he's just doing all of this to expand his own celebrity, but I can't help but respect how he's basically stood up and said, "Come at me bro."

I'm sure the Democrats think they are really hurting his feelings but the truth is he feeds off of their criticism and it only makes him stronger.

Matty
12-09-2015, 09:52 PM

Jeb Bush just said it best. Trumps spouts this insane bs because he knows it grabs the headlines and speaks to America's fears. America does fear Muslim terrorists and with good reason. So, the liberal press gives Trump exactly what he seeks, attention.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Jeb Bush just said it best. Trumps spouts this insane bs because he knows it grabs the headlines and speaks to America's fears. America does fear Muslim terrorists and with good reason. So, the liberal press gives Trump exactly what he seeks, attention.

Jeb has about as much chance of beating Hillary Clinton as I do so...

Mister D
12-09-2015, 09:58 PM
I find him detestable mainly because I think this persona of his is just as fake as his hair and he's just doing all of this to expand his own celebrity, but I can't help but respect how he's basically stood up and said, "Come at me bro."

I'm sure the Democrats think they are really hurting his feelings but the truth is he feeds off of their criticism and it only makes him stronger.

I find that sort of personality useful in our time. He upsets the establishment and, when called on it, tells them to kiss his ass. I can't help but admire that about him.

Matty
12-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Jeb has about as much chance of beating Hillary Clinton as I do so...

But I was not speaking of Jeb's chances. Only his opinion about Trump's tactics.

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 10:00 PM
I find that sort of personality useful in our time. He upsets the establishment and, when called on it, tells them to kiss his ass. I can't help but admire that about him.

I agree with you on that much. I may find him detestable and I think he's part of the establishment just as much as Jeb or Hillary, but that doesn't change the fact that he may be the guy that destroys the establishment.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:02 PM
But I was not speaking of Jeb's chances. Only his opinion about Trump's tactics.

Jeb really ought to keep his opinions to himself. He's not helping the GOP or anyone else. If Trump is making inroads into the GOP base and gaining in overall popularity then Bush et al need to ask why that is. Trust me, they avoid asking that question because deep down they know the answer.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:03 PM
So, Arrow, I think this thread has taken off. :smiley: I was trying to help on one of your threads last night because we need better but my thoughts on the matter amounted to little. :sad:

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 10:04 PM
So, Arrow, I think this thread has taken off. :smiley: I was trying to help on one of your threads last night because we need better but my thoughts on the matter amounted to little. :sad:

It's cool, I'd rather a thread die with some decency than get trolled or amount to us smart people just saying, "Yep, I agree" :tongue:

Green Arrow
Jeb really ought to keep his opinions to himself. He's not helping the GOP or anyone else. If Trump is making inroads into the GOP base and gaining in overall popularity then Bush et al need to ask why that is. Trust me, they avoid asking that question because deep down they know the answer.

And they don't like it.

Mister D
I agree with you on that much. I may find him detestable and I think he's part of the establishment just as much as Jeb or Hillary, but that doesn't change the fact that he may be the guy that destroys the establishment.

I do think he would make a trophy President but, at the same time, his ego might make him more than that.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:05 PM
It's cool, I'd rather a thread die with some decency than get trolled or amount to us smart people just saying, "Yep, I agree" :tongue:

Well, you already disposed of troll numero uno.

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Well, you already disposed of troll numero uno.

Usually once I bounce Cigar, the rest don't even try.

In his own special way, Cigar is a deterrent.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Usually once I bounce Cigar, the rest don't even try.

In his own special way, Cigar is a deterrent.

Sadly, he usually attracts the trolls in the opposite camp. You took decisive action early. :cool2:

Doublejack
12-09-2015, 10:13 PM

Libs want Trump in the headlines as he has zero chance to win the general.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:13 PM
He thanked my post and wants that to make it appear as if doesn't care but it suggests exactly the opposite. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm off to bed soon.

Mister D
12-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Libs want Trump in the headlines as he has zero chance to win the general.

That's funny. Neither does Jeb.

Green Arrow
12-09-2015, 10:16 PM
He thanked my post and wants that to make it appear as if doesn't care but it suggests exactly the opposite. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm off to bed soon.

I actually have a different opinion of Cigar. He's a troll, and he knows he's a troll. It can get annoying to deal with, but I respect it a bit.

Cthulhu
12-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Trump has the same problem that Romney had. But once he got the nomination the GOP could do nothing but lockstep.

I wish we just had better options.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Cthulhu
12-09-2015, 11:04 PM
That is the only reason I like Trump. I don't want him as president to be honest. But the fact that both sides hate him so much should serve as a warning sign to everybody.

Cthulhu
12-09-2015, 11:08 PM
If he managed to pull that off out would be worth suffering one term of his despotic rule. For years is plenty of time to come up with decent alternatives.

Mister D
12-10-2015, 08:39 AM
That is the only reason I like Trump. I don't want him as president to be honest. But the fact that both sides hate him so much should serve as a warning sign to everybody.

Exactly.

Mister D
12-10-2015, 08:41 AM
If he managed to pull that off out would be worth suffering one term of his despotic rule. For years is plenty of time to come up with decent alternatives.

Yeah, and it's becoming clear that the establishment can't really sell itself so Trump's threat to their monopoly might be worth seeing to fruition.