PDA

View Full Version : ACORN thugs funded again

Juggernaut
09-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Supporting links are on RS. They really don't care about honest campaigns in DC.

http://www.redstate.com/heatherheidelbaugh/2011/09/08/would-a-campaign-by-any-other-name-sound-as-%E2%80%A6-fraudulent/
he Obama campaign has set up a voter registration effort for the next election called “Project Vote” – the same name as a voter registration organization closely associated with Association of Community Organizers for Reform Now (ACORN). The selection of this name for Obama’s effort raises serious questions about what Obama intends to do with his get out the vote campaign.

Project Vote’s connection to ACORN links it to voter registration fraud in the 2008 elections. Prior to the summer of 2008 (when an ACORN embezzlement scandal became public), Project Vote’s board was made up entirely of ACORN staff members and ACORN members, according to The New York Times. An internal report by ACORN’s lawyer Elizabeth Kingsley indicated that due to the tight relationship between Project Vote and ACORN, it was impossible to document that Project Vote’s money had been used in a nonpartisan manner as required by law. ACORN and Project Vote ran voter registration drives which were largely underwritten by Project Vote in 2008 in states Obama needed to win the White House. Former Project Vote employee and ACORN whistleblower Anita Moncrief testified to under oath in 2008 that “Project Vote is a sister organization of ACORN. When I got there, I actually thought I was working for ACORN. . . I learned there wasn’t much of a difference” between the two groups.