PDA

View Full Version : Democrats biggest vulnerability in 2016: National Security

Peter1469
12-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Democrats biggest vulnerability in 2016: National Security (http://Democrats biggest vulnerability in 2016: National Security)

If national security remains one of the top concerns for Americans, the Dems are going to be at a large disadvantage in the general elections.

The formating is all f'ed up, but you can go to the link to read the entire article.

The dis*con*nect between Pres*id*ent Obama and the Amer*ic*an pub*lic on the ur*gency of the IS*IS threat is a prob*lem for his party in 2016, es*pe*cially for Hil*lary Clin*ton.Demo*crats are at risk of polit*ic*ally mar*gin*al*iz*ing them*selves on na*tion*al se*cur*ity in the run-up to the 2016 pres*id*en*tial elec*tion, ca*ter*ing to a base that seems dis*con*nec*ted from the grow*ing anxi*ety that the pub*lic feels over the threat from Is*lam*ic ter*ror*ism. Dur*ing a month when a hor*rif*ic ter*ror*ist at*tack killed 130 in Par*is and a homegrown, IS*IS-in*spired at*tack (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/us/tashfeen-malik-islamic-state.html?module=Notification&version=BreakingNews&region=FixedTop&action=Click&contentCollection=BreakingNews&contentID=55400225&pgtype=Homepage&_r=0) killed 14 in San Bern*ardino, Cali*for*nia, the Demo*crat*ic Party’s ma*jor fo*cus has been on cli*mate change and gun con*trol.The signs of a pres*id*ent in deni*al over the threat of ter*ror*ism keep pil*ing up. Obama be*latedly ad*dressed the pub*lic’s fears in his Oval Of*fice ad*dress on Sunday even*ing, but he offered no new policies to deal with crisis. That it took four days for the pres*id*ent to un*equi*voc*ally call the San Bern*ardino at*tacks “ter*ror*ism” un*der*scored how his own in*stincts (http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/12/obama-isis-speech-terrorism/419055/) are at odds with the Amer*ic*an pub*lic’s. The de*cision to give a na*tion*ally tele*vised speech without out*lining a change of course sug*ges*ted that ad*min*is*tra*tion of*fi*cials were wor*ried about de*clin*ing poll num*bers and that he was try*ing to lim*it the polit*ic*al dam*age. And for an ad*min*is*tra*tion that likes to nar*rowly tail*or Obama’s mes*sage to his most en*thu*si*ast*ic sup*port*ers, schedul*ing a prime-time speech for many mil*lions to see (it was his first Oval Of*fice ad*dress since 2010) was a con*ces*sion that he’s not per*suad*ing the lar*ger pub*lic.Put simply, the pres*id*ent’s cred*ib*il*ity was on the line. Last month in Tur*key, Obama testily brushed back re*peated ques*tion*ing from re*port*ers that he un*der*es*tim*ated the threat that IS*IS posed. Only a day be*fore the IS*IS at*tacks in Par*is, Obama con*fid*ently pro*claimed (http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/14/politics/paris-terror-attacks-obama-isis-contained/) that the ter*ror*ist group was “con*tained.” In the im*me*di*ate af*ter*math of the San Bern*ardino shoot*ing, Obama told CBS News (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/262111-obama-us-safe-from-major-isis-attack) that “our home*land has nev*er been more pro*tec*ted by more ef*fect*ive in*tel*li*gence and law-en*force*ment pro*fes*sion*als at every level than they are now.”

Matty
12-11-2015, 08:50 PM
National Security and immigration especially illegal. They got a lot of splainin to do.

Common
12-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Yes it is Peter, I saw a poll today that 72% of americans are worried about terrorism and believe there will be another attack in the USA. Ive said it several times on here, the democrats are just following obama off a cliff with this love affair for muslims.

When I saw that Loretta Lynch threatening americans with prosecution for talking bad about muslims the DAY after 14 americans were murdered, I said either this woman is stone cold stupid or doing what shes told.

No one in their right mind without an agenda would make a statement in that manner. She should have offered condolences to the families FIRST and foremost.

If theres another attack before the election or if a refugee kills an american, it could turn the election to the gop.

Green Arrow
12-11-2015, 09:15 PM
That's something I don't get. It should, logically, be a disadvantage for both parties.

Matty
12-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Yes it is Peter, I saw a poll today that 72% of americans are worried about terrorism and believe there will be another attack in the USA. Ive said it several times on here, the democrats are just following obama off a cliff with this love affair for muslims.

When I saw that Loretta Lynch threatening americans with prosecution for talking bad about muslims the DAY after 14 americans were murdered, I said either this woman is stone cold stupid or doing what shes told.

No one in their right mind without an agenda would make a statement in that manner. She should have offered condolences to the families FIRST and foremost.

If theres another attack before the election or if a refugee kills an american, it could turn the election to the gop.

Just wait til he signs that gun grabbing EO.

Peter1469
12-11-2015, 09:49 PM

She is suppose to be a very bright lawyer. If she thinks it is Constitutional to prosecute people for speaking negatively against Muslims she failed Con Law.

donttread
12-12-2015, 10:20 AM
That's something I don't get. It should, logically, be a disadvantage for both parties.

It would be if the sheep realized that their policies in practice are close to identical