PDA

View Full Version : Mass Shooting Casualties, by Religion of Perpetrator: Muslim vs. Non-Muslim

Cigar
12-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Well, Look At THIS: Mass Shooting Casualties, by Religion of Perpetrator: Muslim vs. Non-MuslimDonald Trump asserts we should be profiling Muslims because of the events in San Bernadino. Here are some statistics on casualties from mass shootings, disaggregated by religion of perpetrator (Muslim vs. non-Muslim):

http://econbrowser.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/massshoot_m1.png

Figure 1: 12 month moving average of mass shooting casualties; deaths inflicted by non-Muslims (dark red), wounded inflicted by non-Muslims (pink), deaths inflicted by Muslims (dark blue), wounded inflicted by Muslims (light blue). December observation for data through Dec. 2. Source: Mother Jones, news reports for November, December and author’s calculations. Tabulations of religion of perpetrator by author.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data
http://econbrowser.com/archives/2015/12/mass-shooting-casualties-by-religion-of-perpetrator-muslim-vs-non-muslim

:happy1: Denials of the source will now follow

Gypsy
12-12-2015, 12:59 PM
I would be more interested in a graph that shows:

Murders and firearm related injuries broken down by ethnic/religious groupings, victim and shooter.
Murders and firearm related injuries broken down by legal and illegal guns.

Mister D
12-12-2015, 01:11 PM
I'd be more interested in a graph that shows the number of religiously motivated mass murders by perpetrators' religion.

Cigar
12-12-2015, 01:16 PM

Murders and firearm related injuries broken down by ethnic/religious groupings, victim and shooter.

I'd bet most here won't :laugh:

AeonPax
12-12-2015, 01:22 PM
`
The statistics do not take into consideration "per capita". What percentage of the total Muslim/Arab population in the U.S. are involved in mass shootings VS the same for all other race/cultures, would present a clearer picture.

Mister D
12-12-2015, 01:25 PM

We've already posted the data. The FBI tells us respectively that:

1. Almost half the murders (gun or no gun) committed in the US are perpetrated by black men and that homicides are typically intra-racial.
2. Most gun crimes are committed using illegally obtained weapons.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Wh is it that the pagan left crowd believes that all killings committed by non Muslims must have been committed by Christians?

Gypsy
12-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Wh is it that the pagan left crowd believes that all killings committed by non Muslims must have been committed by Christians?

I don't see where anyone said that.

Mark III
12-12-2015, 01:49 PM
We've already posted the data. The FBI tells us respectively that:

1. Almost half the murders (gun or no gun) committed in the US are perpetrated by black men and that homicides are typically intra-racial.
2. Most gun crimes are committed using illegally obtained weapons.

Why are you so obsessed with race Mr D ?

Professor Peabody
12-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Well, Look At THIS: Mass Shooting Casualties, by Religion of Perpetrator: Muslim vs. Non-Muslim

Donald Trump asserts we should be profiling Muslims because of the events in San Bernadino. Here are some statistics on casualties from mass shootings, disaggregated by religion of perpetrator (Muslim vs. non-Muslim):

http://econbrowser.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/massshoot_m1.png

Figure 1: 12 month moving average of mass shooting casualties; deaths inflicted by non-Muslims (dark red), wounded inflicted by non-Muslims (pink), deaths inflicted by Muslims (dark blue), wounded inflicted by Muslims (light blue). December observation for data through Dec. 2. Source: Mother Jones, news reports for November, December and author’s calculations. Tabulations of religion of perpetrator by author.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data
http://econbrowser.com/archives/2015/12/mass-shooting-casualties-by-religion-of-perpetrator-muslim-vs-non-muslim

:happy1: Denials of the source will now follow

You forgot to add the bombings which would reverse the stats. Besides the premise is false. Muslim vs Non-Muslim assumes all Non-Muslim's are religious. Thread fail.

Professor Peabody
12-12-2015, 02:00 PM
`
The statistics do not take into consideration "per capita". What percentage of the total Muslim/Arab population in the U.S. are involved in mass shootings VS the same for all other race/cultures, would present a clearer picture.

Only if you break it down by religion.

Mister D
12-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Why are you so obsessed with race Mr D ?

Just stating the pertinent facts, Mark. Try it sometime.

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 02:17 PM

Which left-wing members of the forum are pagans?

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Which left-wing members of the forum are pagans?

those who support Islam.

Gypsy
12-12-2015, 02:57 PM
those who support Islam.

Who has supported Islam?

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 02:59 PM
those who support Islam.

Wouldn't that make them Muslims, or at least Muslim-sympathetic? Paganism is a completely separate religion.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't that make them Muslims, or at least Muslim-sympathetic? Paganism is a completely separate religion.

paganism isn't limited to just a single religion.

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 03:21 PM

No, there are a variety of pagan religions, but they all share the same characteristics, it's what makes them pagans. Muslims are not pagans and people that don't hate Muslims are not pagans. You render the word meaningless.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 04:17 PM
No, there are a variety of pagan religions, but they all share the same characteristics, it's what makes them pagans. Muslims are not pagans and people that don't hate Muslims are not pagans. You render the word meaningless.

The Islamic faith is satanic. Does that qualify as pagan in your mind?

Dr. Who
12-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Perhaps you mean heathens. That way you cover anyone who does not belong to an Abrahamaic faith.

HoneyBadger
12-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Well, Look At THIS: Mass Shooting Casualties, by Religion of Perpetrator: Muslim vs. Non-Muslim

And? The graph is worthless until it lists attacks specifically executed in the name of any particular religion.

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 05:03 PM
The Islamic faith is satanic. Does that qualify as pagan in your mind?

No, it does not. There's nothing really pagan about satanism and the satanic.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 05:05 PM
No, it does not. There's nothing really pagan about satanism and the satanic.

Whatever......

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Whatever......

Words have meanings for a reason.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Are pagans inspired by an evil force?

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 05:32 PM

No, they are often inspired by the opposite of evil. Nature is typically the biggest inspiration in pagan religions, and it is neither good nor evil, it simply is.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM

No, they are often inspired by the opposite of evil. Nature is typically the biggest inspiration in pagan religions, and it is neither good nor evil, it simply is.

Sorry, you lost credibility with that one.

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Sorry, you lost credibility with that one.

Facts make me lose credibility?

I'm okay with not being credible if that's the case.

decedent
12-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Besides the premise is false. Muslim vs Non-Muslim assumes all Non-Muslim's are religious. Thread fail.

I hate logic too.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Facts make me lose credibility?

I'm okay with not being credible if that's the case.

Paganism being motivated by a force opposite of evil is a fact? Are you really going to stand by that one?

Green Arrow
12-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Paganism being motivated by a force opposite of evil is a fact? Are you really going to stand by that one?

Yes. Paganism is frequently motivated by nature and nature is, by definition, not evil. It just is.

Tahuyaman
12-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Oh brother..........

Cigar
12-12-2015, 08:23 PM
I love it, I think we convered all the Steps and usual Responces.

This was entertaining.

My work here is done. :laugh:

Mister D
12-12-2015, 11:16 PM
I love it, I think we convered all the Steps and usual Responces.

This was entertaining.

My work here is done. :laugh:

You try too hard, Toby.

AeonPax
12-13-2015, 05:19 AM
`
Paganism (http://www.allaboutspirituality.org/paganism.htm) - "Paganism has been broadly defined as anyone involved in any religious act, practice, or ceremony which is not Christian. Jews and Muslims also use the term to refer to anyone outside their religion. Others define it as religions outside of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism, while some simply define it as being without a religion."

Tahuyaman
12-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Paganism is worshiping a false god. Such as Islam.

Raptor
12-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Let's face it: The creator of Islam, the Psycho MohahahahaMAD, according to Islam's own HADITHS, PERSONALLY beheaded ~ 20 of his prisoners who rejected his Islam thus making Psycho MohahahahahaMAD the model for the ISIS TERRORIST maniacs.......so, the followers of this Psycho MohahahaMAD, i.e., the Muslimes whether directly, or indirectly, are the cause for Islamic Terrorism.

Any one who STILL defends the muslimes after my post of irrefutable facts is either a muslime or insane.

Captain Obvious
12-14-2015, 05:45 AM
I'd be more interested in a graph that shows the number of religiously motivated mass murders by perpetrators' religion.

So are these gross numbers too? I think so, I'm not going to bother with Mother Jones, they're no doubt padding these data like most junk sources do.

leekohler2
12-14-2015, 10:52 AM

Who said anything remotely like that?

leekohler2
12-14-2015, 10:53 AM
Paganism is worshiping a false god. Such as Islam.

Umm...muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God, just with a different prophet. ;)

Well, Jews don't have a prophet.

IMO, all gods are false because they don't exist.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Umm...muslims, Christians and Jews worship the same God, just with a different prophet..

Not true. The God Muslims call Allah is Satan. Christians and Jews don't worship Satan.

leekohler2
12-14-2015, 11:33 AM
Not true. The God Muslims call Allah is Satan. Christians and Jews don't worship Satan.

Umm...no.

Many Christians agree that Jews, Christians and Muslims do worship the same God, although many more Christians hold this to be true with regard to Judaism than to Islam.

http://faith.yale.edu/god-human-flourishing/same-god

You must be one of the latter.

Mister D
12-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Umm...no.

http://faith.yale.edu/god-human-flourishing/same-god

You must be one of the latter.
leekohler2 You should have kept reading, lee. This is but an introduction to some theological perspectives on the claim you're making. Yes, many Christians as well as many non-Christians do make this rather intellectually lazy claim. The selected essays explore the claim itself and if it has validity.

Tahuyaman
12-14-2015, 12:13 PM
It's not an intellectually lazy claim. It's a fact. Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God.

Professor Peabody
12-14-2015, 09:19 PM
I hate logic too.

Ignorance meant to deceive with half truths, it the hall mark of liberals.