PDA

View Full Version : Cruz up by 10 in Iowa

Gypsy
12-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Cruz opens up 10-point lead on Trump in IowaWashington (CNN)Ted Cruz has soared ahead of Donald Trump in a new Iowa poll, opening up a 10-point lead in the critical first-in-the-nation voting state.

The Des Moines Register and Bloomberg Politics poll released on Saturday (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/12/12/big-shakeup-iowa-poll-cruz-soars-lead/77199800/) finds Cruz commanding 31% of likely Republican caucus-goers in the state, 10 points ahead of Trump, who received 21%.

For Cruz, the poll represents a massive 21-point jump from a survey conducted by the two outlets in October.
Cruz and Trump will face off Tuesday in Las Vegas at the next Republican presidential debate, sponsored by CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/12/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-iowa-poll/index.html

Peter1469
12-12-2015, 11:23 PM
I believe Trump is on top in New Hampshire.

Gypsy
12-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Isn't this the first time he hasn't led since announcing his candidacy?

Peter1469
12-12-2015, 11:33 PM
Isn't this the first time he hasn't led since announcing his candidacy?

Carson was on top for a while. Maybe until Trump's Muslim immigration comments. I'd have to check that.

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 12:03 AM
Sounds good to me. I can get behind Cruz.

ThaiBoxer
12-13-2015, 01:51 AM
Still good news for Dems. Cruz is almost as nuts as Trump. Neither are electable.

Mac-7
12-13-2015, 04:27 AM
Still good news for Dems. Cruz is almost as nuts as Trump. Neither are electable.

"Almost as nuts."

Translation: Cruz is a Christian conservative who wants limited government of the people.

Bo-4
12-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Trump should rejoice. Winning Iowa is the kiss of death.

See Santorum and Huckabee - they already tried those guys and they lost -

Calgary Ted was the last thumper standing! ;-)

Common
12-13-2015, 08:11 AM

I agree I dont believe trump or cruz will beat hillary

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 08:15 AM

What Policy that Cruz Supports do you think makes him un electable?

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 08:23 AM
I think that Cruz is a tuff out.

I think that people forget that it is not a popular vote. We are talking Florida, Ohio, South Carolina, Colorado, Any combination of the 2 wins the election.

Here is what you have to look at. in Ohio, very large Union population. They will be looking at a 40% luxury tax on their health insurance through the ACA if Hillary wins and the Employer mandate will mean lost jobs.

In Florida, you are assuming all of the African Americans that voted for Obama because they wanted to see the Frist Black President, and if you are honest with yourself, you know that happened, and you are going to have to hope that the Hispanic vote will not do the same thing.

SC is a tuff win for Hillary and the Democrats and could go either way.

Cruz, also brings that 5 million conservatives back out to vote. and he looses no red states. Which Trump Certainly Could do.

I think that he is a tuff out.

Ransom
12-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Could Cruz win Florida and Ohio?

Mac-7
12-13-2015, 09:11 AM
I agree I dont believe trump or cruz will beat hillary

You hope

birddog
12-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Cruz is the best of the lot IMHO. There are several other Republicans who would make good presidents, but it would be nice to get the best.

A Trump/Cruz ticket would be acceptable however.

The dims have nothing.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Carson was on top for a while. Maybe until Trump's Muslim immigration comments. I'd have to check that.

After his (Trump's) comments about halting the immigration of all Muslims, didn't he rise in the polls?

Tahuyaman
12-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Cruz is the best of the lot IMHO. There are several other Republicans who would make good presidents, but it would be nice to get the best.

A Trump/Cruz ticket would be acceptable however.

The dims have nothing.

After the debates, I was the most impressed with Fiorina and Rubio. I haven't heard much from them lately.

birddog
12-13-2015, 02:10 PM
After the debates, I was the most impressed with Fiorina and Rubio. I haven't heard much from them lately.

Carla is a flash-in-the-pan, and she is toast. Rubio is a possibility, and he may be one the RNC tries to help the most once they totally give up on Jeb.

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Carla is a flash-in-the-pan, and she is toast. Rubio is a possibility, and he may be one the RNC tries to help the most once they totally give up on Jeb.

I guess that I have a different opinion of Rubio after the debates and his ads running in MI.

I think that the Progressive is strong in that one. I am not sure that I could vote for him.

I am down to 3, in the primary I will likely vote for Carly. Cruz is very acceptable with me. And I would vote for Trump even though he is defiantly a progressive, but he puts a death nail in the establishment politics, this makes it worth the price for me.

Mac-7
12-13-2015, 02:19 PM

At this point the most encouraging sign for the Republican Party is the performance of ordinary base voters who reject fake conservatives like bush and kasich

I would add to that the good showing of trump and Cruz

Peter1469
12-13-2015, 03:47 PM
After his (Trump's) comments about halting the immigration of all Muslims, didn't he rise in the polls?
Yes. That is what I said above. Carson was on top until the Trump immigration statements became a big deal.

Matty
12-13-2015, 03:51 PM
At this point the most encouraging sign for the Republican Party is the performance of ordinary base voters who reject fake conservatives like bush and kasich

I would add to that the good showing of trump and Cruz

Trump is the fake conservative. Do a little research.

Cigar
12-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Trump is the fake conservative. Do a little research.

Apparently the Voters are sick and tired of the real ones :laugh:

Matty
12-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I guess that I have a different opinion of Rubio after the debates and his ads running in MI.

I think that the Progressive is strong in that one. I am not sure that I could vote for him.

I am down to 3, in the primary I will likely vote for Carly. Cruz is very acceptable with me. And I would vote for Trump even though he is defiantly a progressive, but he puts a death nail in the establishment politics, this makes it worth the price for me.

You would be surprised at how quickly he would plant his lips on Harry Reid's backside if elected. Trump.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2015, 04:32 PM

She still is one of the most impressive in a debate.

Tahuyaman
12-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Yes. That is what I said above. Carson was on top until the Trump immigration statements became a big deal.

Ok. I must have misunderstood your comment. Sorry.

PolWatch
12-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Cruz seems to be having the same problems as Trump with the repub establishment.....his latest antics in the Senate were rejected by his own party.

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Cruz seems to be having the same problems as Trump with the repub establishment.....his latest antics in the Senate were rejected by his own party.

That. is why the people like him and the establishment does not. The establishment is really the same as the Democrats with the exception of Pro life, anti ACA

To me that is not opposition, the establishment chose to lie to the Conservative base for the last 12 years, and they are getting exactly what they deserve

Cigar
12-13-2015, 06:25 PM
That. is why the people like him and the establishment does not. The establishment is really the same as the Democrats with the exception of Pro life, anti ACA

To me that is not opposition, the establishment chose to lie to the Conservative base for the last 12 years, and they are getting exactly what they deserve

It wasn't a Lie, Conserves need to learn they can't get their way all the time ... Elections has consequences.

Kinda like tough love for children.

After all, it's no longer the Conservatives world anymore, other people who don't look think them live in it.

zelmo1234
12-13-2015, 06:38 PM
It wasn't a Lie, Conserves need to learn they can't get their way all the time ... Elections has consequences.

Kinda like tough love for children.

After all, it's no longer the Conservatives world anymore, other people who don't look think them live in it.

I am not sure what you are talking about Cigar? I was talking about when the GOP promised to defund the ACA if they won the house, and when they did, they approved all of the funding. Then they promised to defund that ACA and stop the illegal immigration executive orders if they won the Senate, and they then once again approved all of the funding,

My post had nothing to do with any Democrat.