PDA

View Full Version : US and China tango in South Pacific

Awryly
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM
The Chinese are really smart players. They know they will rely on other countries to feed them, even small ones in the South Pacific. They go after resources by building a benign presence in countries they need on their side. They invest in local infrastructure that improves the lives of the locals and develops the local resources - food and minerals - they will need.

Hilary Clinton swallows around the South Pacific bringing (a) the US military and (b) the failed ideology of American "exceptionalism".

I would not invest your betting dollars on the girl from the White House.

URF8
09-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Nobody likes Hillary Clinton. Not even Bill Clinton.

Conley
09-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Nobody likes Hillary Clinton. Not even Bill Clinton.

:laugh: http://www.burnrox.com/images/burn_logo1.png

Awryly
09-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Meanwhile, in the USA itself, oil companies frack local communities into having to move elsewhere - if they do not want to be poisoned.

While the EPA smiles on benignly and asks: "What's all the fuss about?"

Conley
09-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think China's very good at diplomacy and many of those smaller nations have some fear for good reason. I'm not saying they're big fans of the U.S. military but they do appreciate stability. RollingWave can break it down, maybe he'll chime in.

Awryly
09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think China's very good at diplomacy and many of those smaller nations have some fear for good reason. I'm not saying they're big fans of the U.S. military but they do appreciate stability. RollingWave can break it down, maybe he'll chime in.

Right. How many Chinese troops do you see "rotating" through Darwin?

(That's in Australia for those who are geographically challenged.)

GrumpyDog
09-02-2012, 08:47 PM
The Chinese are really smart players. They know they will rely on other countries to feed them, even small ones in the South Pacific. They go after resources by building a benign presence in countries they need on their side. They invest in local infrastructure that improves the lives of the locals and develops the local resources - food and minerals - they will nee

Hilary Clinton swallows around the South Pacific bringing (a) the US military and (b) the failed ideology of American "exceptionalism".

I would not invest your betting dollars on the girl from the White House.

So China gives you a free bicycle and a small bowl for your daily meal of rice, in exchange for removing your valuable minerals and natural resources.

Sounds wonderful.

Conley
09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Right. How many Chinese troops do you see "rotating" through Darwin?

(That's in Australia for those who are geographically challenged.)

Do you think that's because the Chinese have hearts of gold compared to those evil Yankee Imperialists?

Awryly
09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
So China gives you a free bicycle and a small bowl for your daily meal of rice, in exchange for removing your valuable minerals and natural resources.

Sounds wonderful.

You are thinking of the Vietnamese.

You remember? Those guys on bicycles who routed those over-weaponised Yanks.

Awryly
09-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Do you think that's because the Chinese have hearts of gold compared to those evil Yankee Imperialists?

Their hearts are irrelevant.

It's what goes on in their heads that makes the difference between them and you guys.

Conley
09-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Their hearts are irrelevant.

It's what goes on in their heads that makes the difference between them and you guys.

Go on...I want to to hear what is in their heads and what is in mine. This should be good.

:happy1::happy1::happy1:

Awryly
09-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Go on...I want to to hear what is in their heads and what is in mine. This should be good.

:happy1::happy1::happy1:

I have already told you what goes on their heads.

What's goes on in yours is bit much of a challenge in my current fragile state. But I assume you have notions of world domination?

Captain Obvious
09-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Con's planning world domination - one bottle of wine at a time.

Conley
09-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep, ya got me pegged...my ambitions pretty much end at finishing the bottle. :laugh:

Conley
09-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I have already told you what goes on their heads.

What's goes on in yours is bit much of a challenge in my current fragile state. But I assume you have notions of world domination?

Sorry to hear you are fragile currently...why is that?

Awryly
09-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Yep, ya got me pegged...my ambitions pretty much end at finishing the bottle. :laugh:

I recommend a Marlborough sauvignon blanc or an Otago pinot noir.

None of that Australian swill.

Awryly
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Sorry to hear you are fragile currently...why is that?

I have just bought my first smartphone. Had to. The telecom provider my old cell phones were hooked to decided it was "in their business interests" to crash the network in favour of something more "advanced". Which means a grand's worth of old phones can't work.

I'm conjuring up a complaint to the Police for theft. Then I'll sue them. Unless of course they pay for my new phone. :evil:

Captain Obvious
09-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Do you guys take turns standing in that one spot in NZ that has cell coverage or what?

Conley
09-02-2012, 11:16 PM
I recommend a Marlborough sauvignon blanc or an Otago pinot noir.

None of that Australian swill.

This stuff -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Tail_(wine) -- is everywhere in the U.S. It's probably another reason you hate us! :laugh: Sorrrrrry...

Awryly
09-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Do you guys take turns standing in that one spot in NZ that has cell coverage or what?

We all wear antennae. Duh.

Conley
09-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I have just bought my first smartphone. Had to. The telecom provider my old cell phones were hooked to decided it was "in their business interests" to crash the network in favour of something more "advanced". Which means a grand's worth of old phones can't work.

I'm conjuring up a complaint to the Police for theft. Then I'll sue them. Unless of course they pay for my new phone. :evil:

I know what you mean...I am going to bite the bullet and buy an iPhone 5 when it comes out, haven't bought a new phone in years but a data plan is going to be a requirement. Crooks they are!

Awryly
09-03-2012, 01:30 AM
Crooks they are!

Don't knock it.

It's what makes America great.

Peter1469
09-03-2012, 02:31 AM
America is the shining city on the hill.

You can even see its light from New Zealand.

Akula
09-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Meanwhile, in the USA itself, oil companies frack local communities into having to move elsewhere - if they do not want to be poisoned.

While the EPA smiles on benignly and asks: "What's all the fuss about?"

Incorrect.

Iron River
09-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Meanwhile,in the USA itself, oil companies frack local communities into having to moveelsewhere - if they do not want to be poisoned.

While the EPA smiles on benignly and asks: "What's all the fussabout?"

Where do youlive? This planet or outer space?

Tell us whereeven one person has had to move due to fracking 9,000 feet below the watertables?? Do you have a clue how frackingis done?

Akula
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Where do youlive? This planet or outer space?

Tell us whereeven one person has had to move due to fracking 9,000 feet below the watertables?? Do you have a clue how frackingis done?

He's an australian agitator. He won't debate.
His whole purpose is to post one or two sentence inflammatory, anti american insults and move on.
We've seen his tired act for a few years now on another site..
Let it go.