PDA

View Full Version : The Republican establishment's nightmare scenario.

Gypsy
12-14-2015, 11:53 AM
GOP establishment worries about Cruz-Trump showdown(CNN)Call it the Republican establishment's nightmare scenario.

The GOP establishment, confronted by a recalcitrant electorate that refuses to leave Donald Trump, is being forced to take a fresh look at Ted Cruz (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/05/politics/2016-election-candidates/#Cruz), a man with grassroots strength in key early primary states and few friends in Washington.

Suddenly, the Republican Party's best hope could be a man hell-bent on transforming it: a senator who openly spars with fellow GOP colleagues, and has campaigned by painting its leaders as spineless and feeble.

More:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-republican-establishment/index.html

I've been saying that Cruz will be the GOP candidate .

Mac-7
12-14-2015, 11:57 AM
You will get no tears from the GOP base about any nightmares of the repub establishment

Cigar
12-14-2015, 12:16 PM
What Comes Around, Goes Around ... :laugh:

Tahuyaman
12-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Funny stuff.

Crepitus
12-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Funny stuff.
Like you could tell!

Crepitus
12-14-2015, 02:07 PM
GOP establishment worries about Cruz-Trump showdown

(CNN)Call it the Republican establishment's nightmare scenario.

The GOP establishment, confronted by a recalcitrant electorate that refuses to leave Donald Trump, is being forced to take a fresh look at Ted Cruz (http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2015/05/politics/2016-election-candidates/#Cruz), a man with grassroots strength in key early primary states and few friends in Washington.Suddenly, the Republican Party's best hope could be a man hell-bent on transforming it: a senator who openly spars with fellow GOP colleagues, and has campaigned by painting its leaders as spineless and feeble.

More:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-republican-establishment/index.html

I've been saying that Cruz will be the GOP candidate .
Do you think they will try to shut him out with convention maneuvering, or just try to make Cruz more acceptable to the electorate?

Gypsy
12-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Do you think they will try to shut him out with convention maneuvering, or just try to make Cruz more acceptable to the electorate?

Trump will go third party. Trump supporters will not back Cruz. He will be the GOP's Nader. Hillary will win.

Cigar
12-14-2015, 02:43 PM
Trump will go third party. Trump supporters will not back Cruz. He will be the GOP's Nader. Hillary will win.

I'm not so sure of that, are sure Trump is bluffing?

PolWatch
12-14-2015, 02:53 PM

Even if Trump gets the nomination, the establishment repubs will stay home in droves. Trump is starting to take shots at Cruz now. I think all the candidates are starting to attack Trump. 2016 should have gone repub with no problem....if they had just taped Trump's mouth.

I wonder if Hillary will appoint Trump Sec of the Treasury as a thank-you for his assistance.

Mac-7
12-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Even if Trump gets the nomination, the establishment repubs will stay home in droves. Trump is starting to take shots at Cruz now. I think all the candidates are starting to attack Trump. 2016 should have gone repub with no problem....if they had just taped Trump's mouth.

I wonder if Hillary will appoint Trump Sec of the Treasury as a thank-you for his assistance.

Translation:

republicans who only pretend to be conservatives would rather have hillary than trump

but still libs want to blame trump instead of the true villians the moderates.

zelmo1234
12-14-2015, 03:57 PM

I think that the establishment will continue hopping for Rubio, but will get behind Cruz as a last resort.

The problem that they will have with Cruz is he will likely invite Trump to be the VP, which Trump will likely decline. Then he will ask him to head up a new immigration department, which Trump will likely accept.

He then will go for Rubio, or Kashic as VP to try and appease the base.

Trump is a tuff out and if they don't treat him fair, he will take the election from them. I see no way that the Establishment or Progressive Republicans survive this. The GOP has just taken a right turn.

The Democrats will pretend to rejoice at this, but this is when the GOP wins elections.

zelmo1234
12-14-2015, 04:02 PM

I think that the Progressives will vote, they are like Democrats they have no spine. Trump and Cruz represent their demise.

However the problem that Hillary is gong to have, is once the election starts for real, she is gong to have to talk, and the more people hear her, the more they hate her. I know that the polling is good now, but she will not get the pass on her failures that she is getting right now. and she has a temper when she is pushed on her failures, and when you don't have anything that is a success to off set it? She is going to have a tuff 2016

zelmo1234
12-14-2015, 04:05 PM

I think just the opposite as Cruz is the candidate that has been very fair to Trump and promised to put him in charge of Immigration.

Trump is being mistreated by the establishment, If they loose the election with him or Cruz, the establishment survives. More than anything I think he wants them punished.

Mac-7
12-14-2015, 04:12 PM
I think that the establishment will continue hopping for Rubio, but will get behind Cruz as a last resort.

The problem that they will have with Cruz is he will likely invite Trump to be the VP, which Trump will likely decline. Then he will ask him to head up a new immigration department, which Trump will likely accept.

He then will go for Rubio, or Kashic as VP to try and appease the base.

Trump is a tuff out and if they don't treat him fair, he will take the election from them. I see no way that the Establishment or Progressive Republicans survive this. The GOP has just taken a right turn.

The Democrats will pretend to rejoice at this, but this is when the GOP wins elections.

I would like to see trump as president.

one of the liberal judges die and cruz as the next supreme court judge for life

zelmo1234
12-14-2015, 04:15 PM
I would like to see trump as president.

one of the liberal judges die and cruz as the next supreme court judge for life

I will accept Trump over Hillary because of Security and Immigration, Make no mistakes Trump is and has been a progressive.

One of the things that I don't trust trump on is appointing Judges. But he breaks the power of the establishment and therefore I can accept him

Mac-7
12-14-2015, 04:30 PM
I will accept Trump over Hillary because of Security and Immigration, Make no mistakes Trump is and has been a progressive.

One of the things that I don't trust trump on is appointing Judges. But he breaks the power of the establishment and therefore I can accept him

Appointing judges is a real headache for republicans.

eisenhower said his worst decision as president was putting earl warren on the supreme court

i thought bush was doing ok when he nominated john roberts but what a disappointment he turned out to be

Ted cruz would be a great replacement for any of the liberal judges we have now.

if they will just stay alive till trump or cruz takes office