PDA

View Full Version : World Hated the US uintil Obama was elected

patrickt
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/09/02/Maxine-Waters-World-Hated-Racist-America-Until-Obama%20-Elected

Being out of touch with Americans is a choice liberals make. Being out of touch with reality is not something they can control.

Rep. Waters, tell me how much Poland loves President Obama? How about Isreal? Great Britain? Honduras? Columbia? I'll give you China, Venezuela, South Korea, Russia, Cuba, and even France. They prefer Obama because they hate the U.S. That makes them very compatible to you and President Obama.

Conley
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S_5IHGcf5II/AAAAAAABSjk/9PsNThMctCM/s1600/Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

Most countries will hate our government regardless of the POTUS imo...

Captain Obvious
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Brietbart is a total hack site.

Beevee
09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
If you consider that they hate the US you should also consider why.

And it isn't jealousy.

Conley
09-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Most thinking people do...what's your theory?

Beevee
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Most thinking people do...what's your theory?

Most people want a simple life. The US consistently prevents them from having one.

Agravan
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Most people want a simple life. The US consistently prevents them from having one.
Really? How are we forcing them to live a complicated life?

Mainecoons
09-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Did she say it or didn't she or don't you have anything to offer here but ad hom?

Beevee
09-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Really? How are we forcing them to live a complicated life?

By invading their countries in the guise of saving them.

But you don't care in the least about that, do you? It's the US saving the world as far as you are concerned with you believing that never ending propaganda spewed daily by the US media and news stations.

Conley
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Did she say it or didn't she or don't you have anything to offer here but ad hom?

How is criticizing a web site ad hom?

Conley
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM

But you don't care in the least about that, do you? It's the US saving the world as far as you are concerned with you believing that never ending propaganda spewed daily by the US media and news stations.

If someone takes a bribe, should they get part of the blame or should we ignore it and just blame the person doing the bribing?

Peter1469
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
The other side of the story- had the US not played World Cop there would have been much much more death and chaos.

I say so what. NOPD (Not our problem dude).

Beevee
09-03-2012, 02:33 PM
If someone takes a bribe, should they get part of the blame or should we ignore it and just blame the person doing the bribing?

Sorry, but I don't understand your line of reason here.

Beevee
09-03-2012, 02:36 PM
The other side of the story- had the US not played World Cop there would have been much much more death and chaos.

I say so what. NOPD (Not our problem dude).

You think that applies in Iraq where those responsible for the killing under Hussain are now those being murdered?

It may well have been the US intention for this to occur but don't claim that being cop solved the problem. It wasn't meant to, the intention was just more US domination in that area.

Conley
09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand your line of reason here.

Well, you're saying the foreign countries hate the U.S., and you brought up the issue of our country invading. Really though, the U.S. hasn't invaded that many countries in the past few decades and there are plenty more that hate the U.S. for other reasons. That's where I thought you would be going with this thread...the foreign governments that are propped up through U.S. foreign aid, weapon sales, etc. The citizens in those countries have good reason to the hate the U.S. government but their own leaders deserve a lot of the blame too. It is MUCH easier for those governments and the common citizens to blame the U.S. for all of their problems instead of taking their own responsibility for it...and that is a very self defeating way of looking at it IMO...

Deadwood
09-03-2012, 02:48 PM
I hate to say this, but France, Germany and much of Europe is far more racist than the US. They don't hate the US because of race issues. They hate the US because the US tries to control the world, has its nose in everyone's affairs and even more so under Obama. I mean who the fuck does Obama think he is telling Isreal they have to pull back tyheir borders?

Further, relations between Canada and the US have not been colder than during the Carter/Trudeau era. Canada is actively distancing itself from the US, particularly economically as Canada's economists know how badly Obama is going to tank the economy. Canada is incensed at the low level protectionism and attempts to water down NAFTA through petty regulations etc. and is already taking steps to counter that protectionism.

Most people I talk to in England think he's an idiot who doesn't even know how to propose a toast and treat the Queen.

And my Aussie friends? Well, even I won't use the kind of language they use about him.

And I have to add, I find people, especially politicians who refer to themselves as "American" as though US citizens are the only "Americans"....as is Canada and Mexico are not even in America.

Conley
09-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I hate to say this, but France, Germany and much of Europe is far more racist than the US. They don't hate the US because of race issues.

Definitely...probably not a fair indicator but it is also very obvious just watching football/soccer

patrickt
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
And do you have a response to the video clip of Rep. Waters or are you a total tool?

The entire world does not hate the U.S. and did not hate the U.S. six years ago. Liberals, or whatever they're calling themselves this week, do hate the U.S. and like to assume everyone does. Rep. Waters would certainly fall into this category.

So, the Poles, Israelis, Hondurans, Columbians, South Korea, British, and Taiwan all love President Obama? Rep. Waters thinks so.

Peter1469
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
You think that applies in Iraq where those responsible for the killing under Hussain are now those being murdered?

It may well have been the US intention for this to occur but don't claim that being cop solved the problem. It wasn't meant to, the intention was just more US domination in that area.

Point taken.

Now back to my point: some people say that the suffering world wide would have been much worse had the US not been the world cop.

Carygrant
09-03-2012, 03:19 PM

Who cares about the site ? Either what the woman said is worth discussing or not .
As the proposition is essentially about how others perceive you , the comments of Americans themselves are hardly the main focus of interest or relevance .
You may not like what others think but it is better to look at how the prevailing position arose and has been reinforced , rather than pretend indifference or scorn .It seems Afghanistan is a good example of what happens when smugness and assumed superiority actually increase your vulnerability hugely .
Whatever the rights and wrongs , fairness or otherwise , there is an enormous image problem .
Pretended indifference is an aspect of denial and will inevitably exacerbate matters .imo .

Beevee
09-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Point taken.

Now back to my point: some people say that the suffering world wide would have been much worse had the US not been the world cop.

I have already replied to that remark

Beevee
09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, you're saying the foreign countries hate the U.S., and you brought up the issue of our country invading. Really though, the U.S. hasn't invaded that many countries in the past few decades and there are plenty more that hate the U.S. for other reasons. That's where I thought you would be going with this thread...the foreign governments that are propped up through U.S. foreign aid, weapon sales, etc. The citizens in those countries have good reason to the hate the U.S. government but their own leaders deserve a lot of the blame too. It is MUCH easier for those governments and the common citizens to blame the U.S. for all of their problems instead of taking their own responsibility for it...and that is a very self defeating way of looking at it IMO...

Would this site change your thinking?

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html

Trinnity
09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Maxine Waters is not only hateful and racist, but crazy. This is par for the course for her.

Peter1469
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
I have already replied to that remark

You did, and it was what it was I guess.....

Conley
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html

Well that is an interesting site, thanks...I think we're looking at different topics but there's no doubt our government has had and continues to have warmongers. The Iraq mess is proof of that, but I feel its a little bit of a dead horse by now.

URF8
09-03-2012, 05:24 PM

And it isn't jealousy.

Canadians hate Americans because that is the sole unifying principle for Canadian identity. I'm right am I not? :)

Beevee
09-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Canadians hate Americans because that is the sole unifying principle for Canadian identity. I'm right am I not? :)

In the perverted way that you look at it, spurred on by the incessant propaganda given to you by your government, media and TV news, of course you are right.

Now try thinking for yourself, if that is possible.

URF8
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
In the perverted way that you look at it, spurred on by the incessant propaganda given to you by your government, media and TV news, of course you are right.

Now try thinking for yourself, if that is possible.

I have lots of Canadian friends. http://forums.canadiancontent.net/

Trinnity
09-03-2012, 06:23 PM

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.htmlBookmarked - thanks.

Trinnity
09-03-2012, 06:25 PM

But you don't care in the least about that, do you? It's the US saving the world as far as you are concerned with you believing that never ending propaganda spewed daily by the US media and news stations.Hey, who said we have any say in what our govt does? WE can't control the monster. We want to, we need to, we're trying to. But it's nearly impossible, if it's possible at all.

Goldie Locks
09-03-2012, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=Fearandloathing;121476]I hate to say this, but France, Germany and much of Europe is far more racist than the US. They don't hate the US because of race issues. They hate the US because the US tries to control the world, has its nose in everyone's affairs and even more so under Obama. I mean who the fuck does Obama think he is telling Isreal they have to pull back their borders?

^^^ This^^^

But when have you heard the left complain about Ubama interfering in other countries business. Not only that but his support of the Arab Spring, sending money to the Muslim Brotherhood. He meddles in the affairs of other countries all the time...where is the outrage libs???

Captain Obvious
09-03-2012, 08:12 PM

What Conley said, BB's a hack site, nothing ad hom about that.

I agree with the article though, I've already posted shit here criticizing BO's apologist foreign relations tactics.

But it's still a fucking hack site. I have difficulty considering the source when I have little confidence of it's objectivity. There is very little objectivity on BB. You will never understand that concept.

Beevee
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I have lots of Canadian friends. http://forums.canadiancontent.net/

Impossible! Canadians think for themselves.

Conley
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Canadians never generalize! :wink:

Beevee
09-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey, who said we have any say in what our govt does? WE can't control the monster. We want to, we need to, we're trying to. But it's nearly impossible, if it's possible at all.

Then you should live in Quebec. Our government does what we tell it to do. If it doesn't, we insist on an election and they grant one.

It's tomorrow. Why don't you look out for it. The Liberals think they might stay in power. They won't.

URF8
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM

If that were true there wouldn't have been a couple of hundred Canadians who died in Afghanistan for nothing.

URF8
09-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Then you should live in Quebec. Our government does what we tell it to do. If it doesn't, we insist on an election and they grant one.

It's tomorrow. Why don't you look out for it. The Liberals think they might stay in power. They won't.
Nobody here gives a shit about Quebec or its pretenses to be something unique.

Captain Obvious
09-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Why baggin the canucks, eh?

Conley
09-03-2012, 08:57 PM
:angry:

Respect the Beav!

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/B_beav02(1).JPG

Beevee
09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
If that were true there wouldn't have been a couple of hundred Canadians who died in Afghanistan for nothing.

They didn't die for nothing. They died for America. It was their choice. They weren't conscripted.

Beevee
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Nobody here gives a shit about Quebec or its pretenses to be something unique.

Think not?

Which American is about to prove you wrong?

Conley
09-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Quebec is awesome and f you all :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

now i'm hungry :angry:

Beevee
09-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Quebec is awesome and f you all :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

now i'm hungry :angry:

That's not fair. The local La Belle Province shuts it's doors at 10pm. They sell poutine but don't have a website.

That's progress for you.

roadmaster
09-03-2012, 10:56 PM
I hate to say this, but France, Germany and much of Europe is far more racist than the US. They don't hate the US because of race issues. They hate the US because the US tries to control the world, has its nose in everyone's affairs and even more so under Obama. I mean who the fuck does Obama think he is telling Isreal they have to pull back tyheir borders?

Further, relations between Canada and the US have not been colder than during the Carter/Trudeau era. Canada is actively distancing itself from the US, particularly economically as Canada's economists know how badly Obama is going to tank the economy. Canada is incensed at the low level protectionism and attempts to water down NAFTA through petty regulations etc. and is already taking steps to counter that protectionism.

Most people I talk to in England think he's an idiot who doesn't even know how to propose a toast and treat the Queen.

And my Aussie friends? Well, even I won't use the kind of language they use about him.

And I have to add, I find people, especially politicians who refer to themselves as "American" as though US citizens are the only "Americans"....as is Canada and Mexico are not even in America.

I agree we need to stop getting into everyone's business. Who are we to ask a dictator to step down? Now Iraq, when 911 came they had us believing they attacked us. As far as Canada Obama has put tension between us and we should never be enemy's and it is wise to stay away from him as far as your economy. I also have Aussie friends so I know what you are saying.

Dispondent
09-04-2012, 02:49 PM

What's fundamentally wrong with greater US domination? Can you honestly say if Canada or any other country was in our position they wouldn't desire the same? The problem is no other nation is in our position, but pretend they are so much better, yet work continuously to undermine us and weaken us every chance they get. A nation state that doesn't desire greater influence and greater power probably doesn't deserve to be a nation state...

Calypso Jones
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
and now they just laugh at us when they aren't killing us.

Akula
09-04-2012, 03:36 PM
NOPD (Not our problem dude).

That's what we say about our NOPD.

New Orleans Police Department.

We say other things about them too...

Akula
09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Maxine Waters is not only hateful and racist, but crazy. This is par for the course for her.

What ever happened to her ethics trial?

coolwalker
09-04-2012, 04:32 PM
The world hated us until some of them (countries) realized we have a wimp for a president...now they love us because they like seeing our president bowing to their leaders.

Peter1469
09-04-2012, 04:58 PM
That's what we say about our NOPD.

New Orleans Police Department.

We say other things about them too...

I grew up near NOLA. I went to UNO and Tulane Law School. My brother was a cop there for 13 years.

Akula
09-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I grew up near NOLA. I went to UNO and Tulane Law School. My brother was a cop there for 13 years.

Hi neighbor!

Or as we say. "Where y'at"!

Peter1469
09-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Northern Virgina now. Where do you live?