PDA

View Full Version : This is why Trump is doing so well

Bob
12-17-2015, 03:31 PM
When Republicans support what Obama supports, no wonder the public backs up Trump.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress-provides-1-6b-to-resettle-illegal-immigrants-arriving-at-border-through-2018/

1.6 billion in public support awarded to the illegal aliens, approved by republicans.

I am sick to my stomach.

The so-called omnibus spending bill would give $1,645,201,000 through fiscal year 2018 “for necessary expenses for refugee and entrant assistance activities authorized by section 414 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and section 501 of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980, and for carrying out section 462 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, section 235 of the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000 (‘‘TVPA’’), section 203 of the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2005, and the Torture Victims Relief Act of 1998,” according to its text (http://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20151214/CPRT-114-HPRT-RU00-SAHR2029-AMNT1final.pdf) released Tuesday.
In October and November, U.S. government data showed that over 10,500 unaccompanied immigrant children crossed the southern border with Mexico, according to the Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/12/16/unaccompanied-children-crossing-southern-border-in-greater-numbers-again-raising-fears-of-new-migrant-crisis/). That number is more than double the count of unaccompanied minors that arrived at the border during the same time period last year.

pjohns
12-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Although I don't much care for Donald Trump, I think you are correct here.

On the positive side, at least two things can be said in Donald Trump's favor: (1) He is not a part of the Political Class--he is an outsider; and (2) since he has his own money (and lots of it!), it seems doubtful that he could be bought.

I just don't like his mean-spiritedness and bullying persona.

But your point is certainly well taken.

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Refugees aren't "illegal aliens".

But it is true, one of the side effects of reading the Free Beacon is an upset stomach.

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 03:46 PM
The real reason Trump is doing well is because of several factors. One, people are frustrated with the status quo politics and politicians in Washington. Two, people love hearing simplistic answers to complex problems. Lastly, people respond to fear very strongly. Particularly those who fear ambiguity and uncertainty.

Mac-7
12-17-2015, 03:47 PM
Refugees aren't "illegal aliens".

But it is true, one of the side effects of reading the Free Beacon is an upset stomach.

Who mentioned refugees?

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Who mentioned refugees?

The OP...

"The so-called omnibus spending bill would give $1,645,201,000 through fiscal year 2018 “for necessary expenses for refugee and entrant assistance activities authorized by section 414 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and section 501 of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980..."

Mac-7
12-17-2015, 03:50 PM
The political class keeps spending money we dont have.

whatever trump is, he is not part of the political class

Mac-7
12-17-2015, 03:52 PM
The OP...

"The so-called omnibus spending bill would give $1,645,201,000 through fiscal year 2018 “for necessary expenses for refugee and entrant assistance activities authorized by section 414 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and section 501 of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980..."

Ok, but I dont want muslim refugees any more than illegal aliens.

Cigar
12-17-2015, 04:06 PM
For 7 years running; ANY OBAMA wants = BAD !:laugh:

Cigar
12-17-2015, 04:11 PM
The real reason Trump is doing well is because of several factors. One, people are frustrated with the status quo politics and politicians in Washington. Two, people love hearing simplistic answers to complex problems. Lastly, people respond to fear very strongly. Particularly those who fear ambiguity and uncertainty.

They are MAD AS HELL because nothing get's Done! :riot:

But Obama is President, so Obstruct and Repeal and don't get anything Done! :laugh:

Cigar
12-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Ok, but I dont want muslim refugees any more than illegal aliens.

Even White Muslims from Slovakia? :laugh:

texan
12-17-2015, 04:17 PM
I am done watching at the comedy routine from both parties..............

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 04:38 PM
For 7 years running; ANY OBAMA wants = BAD !:laugh:
That is true. If that son of a bitch cared about productive American citizens he would have changed. He is evil.

Cigar
12-17-2015, 04:40 PM
That is true. If that son of a $#@! cared about productive American citizens he would have changed. He is evil.

It's a crying same, Black People just don't do what they're told anymore.

It's Evil :riot:

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 04:48 PM
That is true. If that son of a bitch cared about productive American citizens he would have changed. He is evil.

It's a shame you can't see how crazy that sounds.

When you rant on with that sort of hyperbole, you're in the same league as the far left who said that sort of thing about Bush.

It makes you no more credible than a patchouli smelling white kid with dreads who claimed Bush was a secret Nazi who was trying to install a new world order and was behind 9/11.

Just sayin...

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 04:51 PM
It's a crying same, Black People just don't do what they're told anymore.

It's Evil :riot:
It is a shame an Islamofascist-marxist was elected.

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Yeah, see...that stuff.

Cigar
12-17-2015, 04:54 PM
It is a shame an Islamofascist-marxist was elected.

I guess the only thing left for you to do is cry ... because he'll always be the 44th President of The United States.

I guess that will leave a Black Mark in your History Books.

... and you're powerless to do anything about it. :laugh:

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 04:55 PM
It's a shame you can't see how crazy that sounds.

When you rant on with that sort of hyperbole, you're in the same league as the far left who said that sort of thing about Bush.

It makes you no more credible than a patchouli smelling white kid with dreads who claimed Bush was a secret Nazi who was trying to install a new world order and was behind 9/11.

Just sayin...
The difference is that Obama actually is evil. He supports Islamofascists. He has badly damaged the Constitution. I believe he is blackmailing at least one Supreme Court Justice plus a small number of Congress critters. He is ruling as a totalitarian against the will of productive American citizens.

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 04:56 PM
The difference is that Obama actually is evil. He supports Islamofascists. He has badly damaged the Constitution. I believe he is blackmailing at least one Supreme Court Justice plus a small number of Congress critters. He is ruling as a totalitarian against the will of productive American citizens.

LOL...yeah, that's not really helping disprove what I said.

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 04:58 PM
I guess the only thing left for you to do is cry ... because he'll always be the 44th President of The United States.

I guess that will leave a Black Mark in your History Books.

... and you're powerless to do anything about it. :laugh:
The worst part, leading directly to Trump's popularity is that we did do something about that son of a bitch. We voted for Republicans to fight him. They capitulated.

The right thing to do is impeach him. Then toss him on the ash heap of history. Instead, his crimes against the Constitution and the citizens will be the precedent for the next president.

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 04:58 PM
LOL...yeah, that's not really helping disprove what I said.
I cannot help that you are on the wrong side.

Cigar
12-17-2015, 05:02 PM
The worst part, leading directly to Trump's popularity is that we did do something about that son of a $#@!. We voted for Republicans to fight him. They capitulated.

The right thing to do is impeach him. Then toss him on the ash heap of history. Instead, his crimes against the Constitution and the citizens will be the precedent for the next president.

Yea at it great having the House and The Senate and still getting nothing for it. :laugh:

Congratulations, you Won the opportunity to get Veto'ed :grin:

Enjoy

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 05:10 PM
Yea at it great having the House and The Senate and still getting nothing for it. :laugh:

Enjoy
Forcing Obama to veto bills has value. These Establishment Republican capitulate.

domer76
12-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I cannot help that you are on the wrong side.

With your every post you validate Common Sense's observation that you are one bizarre, conspiratorial fruit loop. If you want to disprove his opinion of you, your best solution is just to shut up.

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 06:01 PM
With your every post you validate Common Sense's observation that you are one bizarre, conspiratorial fruit loop. If you want to disprove his opinion of you, your best solution is just to shut up.
Unfortunately for you leftists I am right.

I do not care about his, or your opinion of me. Time and history will prove me right.

Common Sense
12-17-2015, 06:08 PM

I do not care about his, or your opinion of me. Time and history will prove me right.

LOL...that's what the hippies under Bush said too.

MisterVeritis
12-17-2015, 06:21 PM
LOL...that's what the hippies under Bush said too.
Depending on which arguments you speak of...only you know, some of them might have been right. The difference is that actually am right.

Mark III
12-17-2015, 08:00 PM
Trump's popularity stems from the right wing base belief that Obama is a 'usurper' whom the GOP establishment has failed to properly chastise and put in his place over the past 7 years. So many times the rwnj faithful were promised that impeachment and humiliation for the usurper was just around the corner, but the turn of the corner never came. Trump is a sort of avenger. Take it to the bank (not that he will win, but that that is the reason for his rise).

Green Arrow
12-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Actually, while I detest Trump, Bob isn't wrong.

domer76
12-17-2015, 09:40 PM

Sure it will Nostradamus

Bob
12-18-2015, 12:01 AM

It worked so well for Obama both times.

Bob
12-18-2015, 12:05 AM
Actually, while I detest Trump, @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013) isn't wrong.

This is not about you detesting Trump. We are discussing the budget.

midcan5
12-18-2015, 10:21 AM

If you are going to ask the question then you must accept the answers. I doubt if you were to ask republicans why they like Trump you'd get budgetary replies. I haven't heard one, you are looking at it through your particular biases. Watch the Daily Show's recent interview with Trump supporters and you'd get a more honest answer. Kinda scary. Below is a primary reason for Trump's success, you do remember the birth certificate?

• Whites As Victims

"In a 2011 poll, more than half of whites thought that discrimination against their race was "as big a problem" as the mistreatment of nonwhites. Among Republicans and Tea Party members, nearly two out of three sympathized with this view of whites as racial victims. Among those who "most trust Fox news:' the number stepped even higher." Colorblindness lies at the heart of the contemporary belief held by many whites that they are the true racial victims in US society today. Let's reprise what colorblindness tells them:

• Race is just a matter of blood, and has no connection to past or present social practices.

• Racism means being treated differently on the basis of race. Since affirmative action treats whites differently because of race, it constitutes racism. Thurgood Marshall and Martin Luther King, Jr., agree. On the other hand, there is little racism against minorities today: witness the absence of proven malice.

• Ethnicity shows that whites do not exist as a dominant group, but only as ethnic minorities with just as much right as other minorities to protect their own group interests.

• Group cultures differ, and it's not racist to acknowledge that white ethnics have succeeded, and nonwhite groups have failed, on the basis of differences in group capacity and behavior. Moreover, since groups are the masters of their own fate, it is futile (in addition to being racist) for government to give some groups special handouts.

When laid out this way, it's no surprise that Reagan and other political leaders since have embraced colorblindness. It sounds liberal yet works like a racial cudgel, denying that there's discrimination against minorities, elevating whites as racial victims, justifying white superiority, and facilitating dog whistle racial appeals that emphasize culture and comportment.

And one more thing: colorblindness also protects dog whistle race-baiting against charges of racism. Even though conservatives repeatedly use an ethnic vocabulary, they always hold in reserve the colorblind insistence that race is just a matter of blood. This provides a stock defense of dog whistling, for it allows politicians to demagogue culture and behavior, while insisting that they cannot possibly be engaged in racial pandering because they have not directly referenced biology. In the next race chapter, Chapter Six, we will examine at length how colorblindness facilitated the rise of new ways of communicating and defending racism. Before then, however, we turn to consider important evolutions in dog whistle politics since the 1990S." pps 102,103 'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López

Daily Show piece, comedy is essential to keep from screaming...

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/h2l2ij/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-who-s-actually-supporting-donald-trump-

pjohns
12-18-2015, 10:40 AM
• Whites As Victims

"In a 2011 poll, more than half of whites thought that discrimination against their race was "as big a problem" as the mistreatment of nonwhites. Among Republicans and Tea Party members, nearly two out of three sympathized with this view of whites as racial victims. Among those who "most trust Fox news:' the number stepped even higher." Colorblindness lies at the heart of the contemporary belief held by many whites that they are the true racial victims in US society today. Let's reprise what colorblindness tells them:

• Race is just a matter of blood, and has no connection to past or present social practices.

• Racism means being treated differently on the basis of race. Since affirmative action treats whites differently because of race, it constitutes racism. Thurgood Marshall and Martin Luther King, Jr., agree. On the other hand, there is little racism against minorities today: witness the absence of proven malice.

• Ethnicity shows that whites do not exist as a dominant group, but only as ethnic minorities with just as much right as other minorities to protect their own group interests.

• Group cultures differ, and it's not racist to acknowledge that white ethnics have succeeded, and nonwhite groups have failed, on the basis of differences in group capacity and behavior. Moreover, since groups are the masters of their own fate, it is futile (in addition to being racist) for government to give some groups special handouts.

When laid out this way, it's no surprise that Reagan and other political leaders since have embraced colorblindness. It sounds liberal yet works like a racial cudgel, denying that there's discrimination against minorities, elevating whites as racial victims, justifying white superiority, and facilitating dog whistle racial appeals that emphasize culture and comportment.

And one more thing: colorblindness also protects dog whistle race-baiting against charges of racism. Even though conservatives repeatedly use an ethnic vocabulary, they always hold in reserve the colorblind insistence that race is just a matter of blood. This provides a stock defense of dog whistling, for it allows politicians to demagogue culture and behavior, while insisting that they cannot possibly be engaged in racial pandering because they have not directly referenced biology. In the next race chapter, Chapter Six, we will examine at length how colorblindness facilitated the rise of new ways of communicating and defending racism. Before then, however, we turn to consider important evolutions in dog whistle politics since the 1990S." pps 102,103 'Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class' by Ian Haney López

(1) It is probably no surprise that the author (like most on the left) simply despises the Tea Party and Fox News.

(2) It is also no surprise that he equates color-blindness with racism.

(3) And--as with so many on the left--his inability to refute an argument effectively amounts to an excuse to claim a "dog whistle" as his enemy.

It is really rather sad.

Still, it does seem predictable...

Green Arrow
12-18-2015, 12:19 PM

I just told you that you were right about something. Accept it and move on.

Bob
12-18-2015, 12:56 PM
I just told you that you were right about something. Accept it and move on.

That was the most minor part of your comment. Certainly I am correct. Far more than some left winger posters accept. But this is about the budget as to why Trump is doing so well.

By the way Green Arrow, in your topic, you got cranky when I went with the flow of the topic and me and some others were "off your topic." But you only whined at me and none of the others who also were talking with me about illegals.

nathanbforrest45
12-18-2015, 01:11 PM

Enjoy

Wait wait. In another thread you are gloating over the fact spending bills are still being passed while in this post you are gloating over the fact that anything the Republicans do is going to be vetoed anyway. How do you square those two positions Cigar?

I heard a commentator today discussing the passage of the spending bill by the House. His position was we shouldn't be angry with the Republicans because anything less would have been vetoed and then the Republicans would have been blamed for "shutting down the government" again. That we should wait until we regain the White House (which we will, make no mistake) then we can pass whatever we need to pass. I am not sure I agree with that since the Republicans are being blamed for giving the President and the Democrats what they want anyway.

Bob
12-18-2015, 01:16 PM
(1) It is probably no surprise that the author (like most on the left) simply despises the Tea Party and Fox News.

(3) And--as with so many on the left--his inability to refute an argument effectively amounts to an excuse to claim a "dog whistle" as his enemy.

It is really rather sad.

I engage with a fair number of Trump lovers so I know why they want him to be president.

How can you keep your card as a left winger if you admit the Tea party is correct as is Fox News? (note, you being the left and not you the person being talked to)

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Only tepublican voters can think objectively and be anti establishment.

so trump could not happen in the fascist top-down democrat party

midcan5
12-18-2015, 03:33 PM

It is really rather sad.

No one despises the tea party nor Fox media, they simply are kinda stupid, I say that kindly. Face it, the bigotry and nonsense of the tea party has accomplished nothing. And Fox viewers were shown to know less than those who watch nothing. Says something.

Read the section on colorblindness and then maybe you too will learn something. Check out a library near you.

Dog whistles are not excuses they are politics today, again I cannot educate you with a few words, you need to do that, read the book or just the chapter quoted. But you won't do that.... and so it goes....

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 04:04 PM
No one despises the tea party nor Fox media, they simply are kinda stupid, I say that kindly. Face it, the bigotry and nonsense of the tea party has accomplished nothing. And Fox viewers were shown to know less than those who watch nothing. Says something.

Read the section on colorblindness and then maybe you too will learn something. Check out a library near you.

Dog whistles are not excuses they are politics today, again I cannot educate you with a few words, you need to do that, read the book or just the chapter quoted. But you won't do that.... and so it goes....

There is no bigotry in the tea party.

just a negative reaction to a black racist who hates white people.

pjohns
12-18-2015, 05:18 PM
No one despises the tea party nor Fox media, they simply are kinda stupid, I say that kindly.

If it is truly "kind" to call someone "stupid," I must be misinformed...

Fox viewers were shown to know less than those who watch nothing.

I have never much cared for the passive voice. It is typically rather imprecise.

Who, exactly, has "shown" this? And according to what criteria?

Moreover, you may be confusing correlation with causality...

Only those who are incredibly puerile believe that they can win a debate through patronization...

Dog whistles are not excuses they are politics today, again I cannot educate you with a few words, you need to do that...

As I was just saying...