PDA

View Full Version : What are your priorities for the next President?

texan
12-17-2015, 11:14 PM
1. Economy
I want the money free'd up and brought back from overseas with some spending requirements on the a portion of the money to be invested here for good paying jobs. I would like to see tax policy opened up for that money encouraging spending intracountry. I would like tax policy changed to make it lure companies here, back here, stay here, and start here. We must create more tax payers and reduce dependancy to right the ship.
2. National Defense
We must repair our trust gap with allies. We are not trusted any longer. We must make sure we are fighting ISIS properly, this is not going away. It must be dealt with in a more aggressive manner than we are now. These people have hated us and most others forever and nothing we do or don't do will change that fact. Stop worrying about "creating more terrorists." I am open to making sure it is done smarter than we have in the past, but lip service and doctoring intel isn't going to solve the issue.
3. Education
We have not adjusted with the times and are messing this up at young ages.
4. Immigration
Needs to be addressed. Can't deport everyone.

Captain Obvious
12-17-2015, 11:16 PM
None of the current popular candidates are capable of achieving the standards I would set for a world leader.

Not even close.

Tahuyaman
12-17-2015, 11:28 PM
I just don't want to be stuck with a other egotistical incompetent boob like we have now.

birddog
12-17-2015, 11:52 PM
At this time, Cruz is my first choice. It won't be decided until March.

Trump may do fine, and I would support him. The fact that he pisses off most of the politicians speaks well for him.

Tahuyaman
12-18-2015, 12:33 AM
If I had to vote today, my first choice would be Rubio with Fiorina as his running mate.

Crepitus
12-18-2015, 08:05 AM

Trump may do fine, and I would support him. The fact that he pisses off most of the politicians speaks well for him.
I would expect a statement like that from you with your intellect Wile E.

You do know the OP asked what you want from a new president, not who you would pick, right?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8140/10227056515_8cb331b0c9.jpg

Crepitus
12-18-2015, 08:06 AM
1. Economy
I want the money free'd up and brought back from overseas with some spending requirements on the a portion of the money to be invested here for good paying jobs. I would like to see tax policy opened up for that money encouraging spending intracountry. I would like tax policy changed to make it lure companies here, back here, stay here, and start here. We must create more tax payers and reduce dependancy to right the ship.
2. National Defense
We must repair our trust gap with allies. We are not trusted any longer. We must make sure we are fighting ISIS properly, this is not going away. It must be dealt with in a more aggressive manner than we are now. These people have hated us and most others forever and nothing we do or don't do will change that fact. Stop worrying about "creating more terrorists." I am open to making sure it is done smarter than we have in the past, but lip service and doctoring intel isn't going to solve the issue.
3. Education
4. Immigration
I agree with you on all of these, but I suspect my chosen methods would be quite different.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Invest in America ... not expensive political Which-Hunts

The GOP and Conservative Right has wasted seven years singularly concentrating on one thing, making President Barack Obama a One Term President, while the rest of American pays their salary. The GOP has FAILED; President Obama has basically caused their entire Political Party to Implode into a worldwide Embarrassment and a Late-night Punch-line Joke.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:09 AM

Enjoy the view from the street ...

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-oval/2011/06/22/aa-white-housex-large.jpg

Jets
12-18-2015, 08:10 AM
To work with Congress and get meaningful legislation passed. There are so many issues to be dealt with, and almost no one wants to make a deal but dig their heels in.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:13 AM
To work with Congress and get meaningful legislation passed. There are so many issues to be dealt with, and almost no one wants to make a deal but dig their heels in.

It will never happen, if The GOP doesn't get ALL of Their WAY, then the Country will get nothing but Obstruction.

... we get to pay their salaries for inaction.

Jets
12-18-2015, 08:28 AM
It will never happen, if The GOP doesn't get ALL of Their WAY, then the Country will get nothing but Obstruction.

... we get to pay their salaries for inaction.

Not for anything, but its not all on the GOP. The two party system is out for themselves with both parties jockeying for calling the shots in Congress. The President needs to hammer them as a bipartisan statesman(idealsitically). Push them to work togerther and stop blaming the opposite party for not doing enough when it will accomplish nothing but further polarize the process.

jmo

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Not for anything, but its not all on the GOP. The two party system is out for themselves with both parties jockeying for calling the shots in Congress. The President needs to hammer them as a bipartisan statesman(idealsitically). Push them to work togerther and stop blaming the opposite party for not doing enough when it will accomplish nothing but further polarize the process.

jmo

When a Political Party won't allow a Bill to even come up for a Vote, it's because they know they don't have the majority of Americans behind them.

donttread
12-18-2015, 08:39 AM
1. Economy
2. National Defense
3. Education
4. Immigration

My priorities would be pretty much the opposite of any of the main stream Donkephant's are planing
1) Bring our troops home
2) Produce our own energy
3) Kill or at least hamstring the megacorps while promoting local economies, especially for food and other staples
4) Balance the budget
5) Replace the out dated "control code" with a consumption tax
6) Stop warrantless spying on citizens
7) Stay out of the state's business

Matty
12-18-2015, 08:49 AM
I want the next President to rescind every single one of ignorant Obama's executive actions. Dismantle Obamacare piece by piece starting with the mandate. Then we can begin to pick up the pieces of the devastion of the last eight years.

Add. It is time to enforce our laws starting with immigration. Every time we find an illegal he must be deported. I want the next President to do that.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:51 AM
I want the next President to rescind every single one of ignorant Obama's executive actions. Dismantle Obamacare piece by piece starting with the mandate. Then we can begin to pick up the pieces of the devastion of the last eight years.

http://www.derekhaines.ch/vandal/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/sourgrapes.jpg

Cigar
12-18-2015, 08:57 AM

Add. It is time to enforce our laws starting with immigration. Every time we find an illegal he must be deported. I want the next President to do that.

That's exactly what it's all been about for the last 7 years, repealing everything Obama has done in a failing effort to erase the memory of getting Back-2-Back Ass-Kickings. Sorry, 44th President of The United States is in the History Books, and nothing will ever change that.

You'll just have to come to grips that a Black Man Busted Dat-Ass Twice, Big Time. :laugh:

Bo-4
12-18-2015, 08:58 AM
http://www.derekhaines.ch/vandal/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/sourgrapes.jpg

You can feel the butthurt after 7 long years no?

Just wait another 9+! :D

http://www.billy-ball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sour-grapes-make-the-best-whine-300x203.jpg

Matty
12-18-2015, 09:14 AM
That's exactly what it's all been about for the last 7 years, repealing everything Obama has done in a failing effort to erase the memory of getting Back-2-Back Ass-Kickings. Sorry, 44th President of The United States is in the History Books, and nothing will ever change that.

You'll just have to come to grips that a Black Man Busted Dat-Ass Twice, Big Time. :laugh:

You just love to pull the race card but it doesn't work. It's his ignorant attitude and policies America hates. We can't wait to rid ourselves of the wimp. 44th and worst ever.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 09:18 AM
You just love to pull the race card but it doesn't work. It's his ignorant attitude and policies America hates. We can't wait to rid ourselves of the wimp. 44th and worst ever.

Pulling it?

No I'm sticking it in and breaking it off ... :grin:

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 09:23 AM
Pulling it?

Could black people possibly be more pissed off and bitter than now after seven years of obumer in the white house?

Cigar
12-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Could black people possibly be more pissed off and bitter than now after seven years of obumer in the white house?

Not this one ... but nice try at deflection, hope you didn't get any on your shoes or down your leg :laugh:

Matty
12-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Pulling it?

That's exactly why I cross the street.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 09:35 AM
That's exactly why I cross the street.

http://www.igotstiffed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Pinching-Waitress-Butt.jpg

Adelaide
12-18-2015, 09:51 AM
None of the current popular candidates are capable of achieving the standards I would set for a world leader.

Not even close.

As an outsider looking in, it seems like you guys are having a Celebrity Apprentice, Presidential addition. As someone who will have skin in the game, none of the candidates from either party assure me that the US will be governed well and that's scary. While a few have some ideas that I find encouraging, for the most part I don't think I could support any of them... in another thread I said I'd vote for Stein, Kasich, or Fiorina. I don't think any of them would do a fantastic job but I find them the most authentic.

Matty
12-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Jeb Bush has the credentials, but because he is a Bush he will not be elected.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 09:58 AM

Jeb is a Puzzy, that's why he won't be elected

Adelaide
12-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Anyways - the OP. Things I would like to see be priorities for the next president:

1. Economy. Lower the corporate tax rate to a reasonable and competitive level. Simplify the tax code and remove loop holes. Invest money in infrastructure for some short-term jobs but long-term gains in terms of appealing to large corporations to build factories in the US rather than Canada, Mexico, or other countries. Reform the welfare system to ensure people are not abusing it (means putting checks and balances in place) with the goal of significantly lowering the amount of people reliant on welfare. At the same time, offer programs for those on welfare with the goal of making them more desirable to potential employers; examples would be helping to fund (or in lieu, providing loans) additional education such as technical schools or apprenticeships in the trades. As well, Glass-Steagall or similar legislation needs to be put back in place.

2. Immigration reform. I don't think it is realistic to deport 11 million people or however many illegal immigrants are in the United States. At the same time, I don't think anyone should just be handed citizenship after illegally entering and living in the US. I support the DREAM Act and think something that is realistic is to encourage as many of those 11 million people to join the military or go to post-secondary education and permit them temporary residency while they do one of those two things and then permanent residency once they have a degree or have served the mandatory minimum commitment to the military. Use the influx of military personnel to secure the border as much as possible to prevent more illegal immigrants. Realistically, deport any illegal immigrant who violates the law.

Also, look at the current paths to citizenship and ensure those being allowed in are good candidates but simplify the process as much as possible while keeping steps to ensure security. Try to do "smart immigration" and look at areas of employment in the US where the US population isn't filling the gaps for specific skills or training.

3. ISIS. Work together with NATO and allies in the Middle East to determine the best route for bringing down ISIS. Ideally, encourage allies in the Middle East to take the lead since it's sort of their problem more than the US'. Provide humanitarian aid where possible. If a coalition of NATO allies decides to kick it up a notch with ISIS and decides to actually invade and destroy then I think the US can either sit back and offer remote assistance, or they can give an equal commitment - the US can't afford another war. Let your allies deal with it.

4. Health care. Repeal parts of the Affordable Care Act. Retain portions of the law should or be recreate them, such as keeping no denial of coverage for those with pre-existing conditions and that parents can keep their kids on their insurance until age 26. But, most of it needs to go.

Bo-4
12-18-2015, 10:12 AM

Nonsense, he came in with by far the most money (Trump hasn't had to spend much) and frontrunner status.

His personality killed him to a much larger extent than Bush fatigue.

Adelaide
12-18-2015, 10:13 AM

I don't think that's true - I actually don't mind him. I don't think he is like his brother and maybe that's because he has known he has to separate himself from both his brother and father, but when I think of Jeb and his positions I don't feel like we'd be getting another George W. Bush. Maybe other people can't let it go, but seriously when I'm watching the debates and such I don't think of him as George W. Bush's brother.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 10:16 AM
NUMBER ONE - Infrastructure Investments

Upgraded Roads and Bridges
Upgraded Power Grid
Upgraded Traffic Control System
Upgraded Cross-country Rail Systems
Upgraded International Airports
Upgraded Levees
Broadband to Rural Areas

None of these Jobs can be outsourced ti China

Cigar
12-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Nonsense, he came in with by far the most money (Trump hasn't had to spend much) and frontrunner status.

His personality killed him to a much larger extent than Bush fatigue.

Like I said, Jeb is a Puzzy

Common Sense
12-18-2015, 10:18 AM
I don't think it's Bush's last name that is really holding him back. I think it's that he has the personality of a damp napkin. It's clear now why his younger brother was run first.

I don't think he'd make a horrible president.

donttread
12-18-2015, 10:47 AM
NUMBER ONE - Infrastructure Investments

Upgraded Roads and Bridges
Upgraded Power Grid
Upgraded Traffic Control System
Upgraded Cross-country Rail Systems
Upgraded International Airports
Upgraded Levees
Broadband to Rural Areas

None of these Jobs can be outsourced ti China

And most of them should not fall within the federal governments scope

texan
12-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Invest in America ... not expensive political Which-Hunts

The GOP and Conservative Right has wasted seven years singularly concentrating on one thing, making President Barack Obama a One Term President, while the rest of American pays their salary. The GOP has FAILED; President Obama has basically caused their entire Political Party to Implode into a worldwide Embarrassment and a Late-night Punch-line Joke.

Don't really want to get into a mud slinging contest, but somethings were wrong you complain about and people should be held accountable. Secondly, my experience is both parties do this every single time. There are countless investigations by the controlling congresses that are witch hunts. Both sides are equally guilty, pointing out the current one like its new or surprising makes the claim less credible.

So either complain about all of it or accept that it is gonna happen and move on. "This President" has been treated like all the others. Spare me the race card if that's where this is going.

texan
12-18-2015, 11:55 AM

I am in the business so I have to ask, why would we subsidize Broadband to "rural areas?" Define rural areas please.

Cigar
12-18-2015, 11:59 AM

What are you talking about?

American Infrastructure doesn't mean State Infrastructure

... otherwise, call Russia, not Obama after the next disaster

Cigar
12-18-2015, 12:03 PM
I am in the business so I have to ask, why would we subsidize Broadband to "rural areas?" Define rural areas please.

Probably the easiest infrastructure job there is ... it's simply good for Business. Ding Ding, where comes another FedEx and UPS Package.

Kinda like asking why would we subsidize a Canadian Oil Company pipes across American Back Yards :laugh:

texan
12-18-2015, 12:17 PM
You have zero understanding if that's your response.

Carry on.

donttread
12-18-2015, 12:20 PM

I think you quoted the wrong thread as your response doesn't fit

Cigar
12-18-2015, 12:24 PM
You have zero understanding if that's your response.

Carry on.

How many people do you know who work for Telecom and Electric and Gas Utilities.

If you knew and work with people who are in those industries, you'd know how close we are to the stone-age.

donttread
12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
What are you talking about?

American Infrastructure doesn't mean State Infrastructure

... otherwise, call Russia, not Obama after the next disaster

Highways and by ways ARE NOT an enumerated power the states can address these issues much more efficiently without being shacked by federal red tape. Period. Federal involve waste money and complicates thing for the sake of complicating things. Oh course the states would require more revenue and the feds would require less

donttread
12-18-2015, 12:31 PM
In a nut shell I would want the next president to immediately start decreasing his own power and that of congress

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 01:57 PM
Not this one ...

yes you.

you are very hung up on black issues

Cigar
12-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Highways and by ways ARE NOT an enumerated power the states can address these issues much more efficiently without being shacked by federal red tape. Period. Federal involve waste money and complicates thing for the sake of complicating things. Oh course the states would require more revenue and the feds would require less

You're not familiar with the Trucking Industry?

Cigar
12-18-2015, 02:01 PM
yes you.

you are very hung up on black issues

Why do you care? BLdon'tM

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Why do you care? BLdon'tM

I care about the least fortunate among us.

exotix
12-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Shut-down the govt ... more guns.

texan
12-18-2015, 02:16 PM
How many people do you know who work for Telecom and Electric and Gas Utilities.

If you knew and work with people who are in those industries, you'd know how close we are to the stone-age.

If you knew anything about the comment deliver broadband to rural areas you wouldn't be responding this way. I would say I know a fair amount about the telecom industry since I have worked in it since 1979.

How did you work in Electric & Gas Utilities into the discussion?

Bo-4
12-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Like I said, Jeb is a Puzzy

I would just go ahead and replace the z's with s's. :)

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/08/31/steve-schmidt-lets-face-it-trump-is-emasculating-jeb-bush/

Mac-7
12-18-2015, 03:59 PM

Balance the budget through across the boatd spending cuts including welfare

And a manditory 5 years extra in prison for everyone convicted of a crime using a gun

so for instance 2 years suspended sentence for a first time conviction of attempted robbery

but an automatic 5 years in prison no suspended sentence for using a gun

or, an obsma voter in the hood is arrested for unpaid parking tickets and he is holding an illegal firearm

5 years in the slammer with no early release

Peter1469
12-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Bring back federalism. Simplify the tax code with the Fair Tax. Get the economy running again. Make the business environment attractive to bring business back to the US. Reform immigration. Adopt Realism in foreign policy.

donttread
12-18-2015, 04:48 PM
You're not familiar with the Trucking Industry?

Each state would take care of their piece of highways that travel through their state

donttread
12-18-2015, 04:50 PM

Now you're getting it!