PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, PFers

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I noticed a link to this forum was posted this moming, so figured we'd see an influx of new members here. And no... I didn't post the link. (LOL, but I'm glad somebody else did!)

Here's a link to the bar if you're interested in kicking back while looking around.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3486-Smartie-s-Bar-amp-Grill

It's a great little forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here. ;)

MMC
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Did you say this link was posted at PF Smartie? Was it there before today?

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Did you say this link was posted at PF Smartie? Was it there before today?

No, not to my knowledge. I've watched for a link to be posted, but haven't seen one posted until this morning.

Technical probs there have been really bad lately and it's driving posters away.

Their loss may be tPF's gain. ;)

MMC
09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
No, not to my knowledge. I've watched for a link to be posted, but haven't seen one posted until this morning.

Technical probs there have been really bad lately and it's driving posters away.

Their loss may be tPF's gain. ;)

Indeed this may be true. Thanks!

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Who posted it??? Anyone know???

keymanjim
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
It was Akula.

http://www.politicalforum.com/current-events/264546-dying-site.html

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 10:52 AM
LOL, yeah... I'll squeal. It was Akula. I would provide a link to his thread... but I can't get in there.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
After how many years now, 3??? and they still have data base errors???

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
It was Akula.

http://www.politicalforum.com/current-events/264546-dying-site.html

LOL, thx darlin. It won't be there long, but they've got bigger fish to fry, huh? ;)

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 11:03 AM
LOL, thx darlin. It won't be there long, but they've got bigger fish to fry, huh? ;)

That's all right, they won't be able to delete it cause no one can get in there...LOL

Trinnity
09-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks Akula. Prop, man.

Yep, the site is locked up right now. It just rolls and rolls.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I got in long enough to read the thread. You just have to keep trying...LOL

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 12:13 PM
That's all right, they won't be able to delete it cause no one can get in there...LOL

Good point, g/f. Maybe it'll be frozen in time.

VertTonic
09-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Can I change my screename?

ADMIN
09-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Can I change my screename?

Certainly. Please send me a personal message with your preferred name and I will make the change.

countryboy
09-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I noticed a link to this forum was posted this moming, so figured we'd see an influx of new members here. And no... I didn't post the link. (LOL, but I'm glad somebody else did!)

Here's a link to the bar if you're interested in kicking back while looking around.

Hey! Did you just call me a PFer? :angry:

:grin:

I shore see a lot of refugees over here. Was there some kinda tsunami or sumpin'?

Trinnity
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM

I shore see a lot of refugees over here. Was there some kinda tsunami or sumpin'?Welcome. I know you. Nice to see you. :cool20:

Akula
09-04-2012, 03:21 PM

ahhhh..who cares..What are they gonna do, ban me?...(again)..LMAO..

KnownVision
09-04-2012, 03:24 PM

Hello Smartmouthwoman. Glad to see you here. This is 'Goodoledays' going by a different username of KnownVision. Thought I would give it a try also the way they were having problems on PF.

KnownVision
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks Akula. Prop, man.

Yep, the site is locked up right now. It just rolls and rolls.

Just rolls and rolls. Sounds like the printing press the gov't uses for our money we don't have.

Akula
09-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Just rolls and rolls. Sounds like the printing press the gov't uses for our money we don't have.

Hi ya goodoledays! glad to see you.
Speaking of printing money.. I just saw on the news that the national debt passed 16 trillion...We're screwed. This is unsustainable.
We're borrowing money just to pay the interest on our loans! Not even touching the principal...
That's called bankruptcy.

KnownVision
09-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi ya goodoledays! glad to see you.
Speaking of printing money.. I just saw on the news that the national debt passed 16 trillion...We're screwed. This is unsustainable.
We're borrowing money just to pay the interest on our loans! Not even touching the principal...
That's called bankruptcy.

Glad to see you too.

Its also called 'Our Current Government'.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 04:02 PM

I shore see a lot of refugees over here. Was there some kinda tsunami or sumpin'?

Hiya, CB!

Geesh, it's not like we didn't beg 'em to fix the dang site, is it? I think the owner's an Obama-supporter who doesn't really care if it gets fixed or not.

Glad you made it over. Nice place they've got here. ;)

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Hello Smartmouthwoman. Glad to see you here. This is 'Goodoledays' going by a different username of KnownVision. Thought I would give it a try also the way they were having problems on PF.

Hey sweetie! Glad to see you, too. KV... I like it! ;)

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Did the fucking bus just leave off or what?

doombug
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
The mods over there seem like liberals. Usually, they find a reason to ban anyone that can give them a run for their money in a discussion. I guess these are laying low until everybody leaves. Oh well, the glitches in that forum are aggravating.

Akula
09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
The mods over there seem like liberals. Usually, they find a reason to ban anyone that can give them a run for their money in a discussion. I guess these are laying low until everybody leaves. Oh well, the glitches in that forum are aggravating.

Hi ya doombug. Nice to see you.

doombug
09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi ya doombug. Nice to see you.

Thanks, appreciate the link.

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM

We have a member limit and we're getting close to it. Based on formula, newest members are randomly banned once that limit is hit.

Just kidding - welcome, glad you're here.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 04:41 PM

Welcome, doombug! Not all the mods are libs... but none of the mods are responsible for the technical problems either. All they can do is make excuses for the owner.

Whatever... this is a nice little forum and if enough people stick around, it will grow. Glad you signed up. ;)

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Welcome, doombug! Not all the mods are libs... but none of the mods are responsible for the technical problems either. All they can do is make excuses for the owner.

Whatever... this is a nice little forum and if enough people stick around, it will grow. Glad you signed up. ;)

That's kinda pissy, don't ya think?

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Life is pissy sometimes... what can I say? :smilie_catfight:

doombug
09-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Thanks SMW. Doesn't seem to be as much "noise" here as other forums.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Well, I can see the trend already...with PF back up, they will all run back...some already are...oh sure they'll continue to post here for awhile to make it look good, but i guess they want and like mediocrity.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

VertTonic
09-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Looove how some people sit and play dumb, bless their hearts and act one way one another board, and another here. Thats prob the shit that will drive people off! I will post anywhere it actually works, it sucks to want to talk politics and not have a steady forum.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

IMO, nothing wrong with going back and forth. May the most fun forum win!!!

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:43 PM
IMO, nothing wrong with going back and forth. May the most fun forum win!!!

It has nothing to do with fun...have to disagree. Do you really think that PF will ever improve, we've been waiting for 3 years now? I think most are just comfortable there and don't want to go outside their comfort zone.

doombug
09-04-2012, 06:44 PM
It really depends on the topics discussed. If everyone is in agreement on something the thread doesn't last long. I like hearing different opinions.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:45 PM
It really depends on the topics discussed. If everyone is in agreement on something the thread doesn't last long. I like hearing different opinions.

You can post any thread you like here.

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I hit a few other forums, most of us do.

I'm partial to this one for a number of reasons. Our goal is to keep moderating as minimal as possible, let the posters post, but to keep things from spiraling out of control.

The process, generally, is that flaming, insults are somewhat tolerated. If you feel insulted or offended by something, simply report the post, we mods will react. If you and your opponent are content to toss some spitballs at each other, have at it - but if it gets disruptive, overly offensive or threatening (and it goes noticed), we'll interact.

That simple.

So Goldie is welcome (and encouraged) to call me a pig fucking nutless douchenozzel and I can either: a) ignore it (which I usually do in such cases), b) report it (and let another mod intervene), or c) dig up some mud and toss it back.

And if I get out of hand, Trinn kicks my ass.

Irishman
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Yet it's true what SMW said, I have seen it enough times myself, and when you have given enough money, as I have, eventually you just don't want to deal anymore.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I hit a few other forums, most of us do.

I'm partial to this one for a number of reasons. Our goal is to keep moderating as minimal as possible, let the posters post, but to keep things from spiraling out of control.

The process, generally, is that flaming, insults are somewhat tolerated. If you feel insulted or offended by something, simply report the post, we mods will react. If you and your opponent are content to toss some spitballs at each other, have at it - but if it gets disruptive, overly offensive or threatening (and it goes noticed), we'll interact.

That simple.

So Goldie is welcome (and encouraged) to call me a pig fucking nutless douchenozzel and I can either: a) ignore it (which I usually do in such cases), b) report it (and let another mod intervene), or c) dig up some mud and toss it back.

And if I get out of hand, Trinn kicks my ass.

I've never called you that............................yet...;)

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I enjoy the variety and consider it a good thing when I can't really remember which forum I'm posting on and catch myself scrolling up to the top to see the masthead. Means I've got two homes and that's never a bad thing. ;)

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I enjoy the variety and consider it a good thing when I can't really remember which forum I'm posting on and catch myself scrolling up to the top to see the masthead. Means I've got two homes and that's never a bad thing. ;)

That may be true with you...we'll see what the rest do. I don't want to piss people off, but I've seen it before when PF goes down and everyone flocks to new or different sites and as soon as it is back up, they go back. Honestly, I don't see the attraction after putting up with a site for 3 years that can't get it together. You know if they came here, this could be the same as PF without the problems.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Well, the thing is... there's only 62 days left til the election. Politics is a hot topic now... but in 3 months, who knows? I, for one, look forward to seeing Romney take the reigns and me taking a time out from politics.

It's really crazy PF is falling apart during it's primetime. If the owner had a brain, she woulda sold that site a long time ago... to somebody with the interest and know-how to make it work. I'm with ya, g/f... years of bad performance is really inexcusable.

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Well, the thing is... there's only 62 days left til the election. Politics is a hot topic now... but in 3 months, who knows? I, for one, look forward to seeing Romney take the reigns and me taking a time out from politics.

It's really crazy PF is falling apart during it's primetime. If the owner had a brain, she woulda sold that site a long time ago... to somebody with the interest and know-how to make it work. I'm with ya, g/f... years of bad performance is really inexcusable.

Political discussion will always be a hot topic and no matter who wins, it will continue to be hot.

I've been (off and on) listening to Rush for decades and I recall Rush's comment when Bill Clinton was elected in his first term that "My show's going to slow down now? Hell no, he just wrote my script for the next 4 years" or something to that effect.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Political discussion will always be a hot topic and no matter who wins, it will continue to be hot.

I've been (off and on) listening to Rush for decades and I recall Rush's comment when Bill Clinton was elected in his first term that "My show's going to slow down now? Hell no, he just wrote my script for the next 4 years" or something to that effect.

Yeah, you're right... it's always a hot topic. Just not for me. I was never that involved in politics until Obama came along. I got hooked during his campaign and me and my older brother used to talk on the phone about politics for hours on end when he was very sick. He passed away on Sept 7, 2008 so he didn't live to see Obama elected. My brother was a big Limbaugh fan, so I felt it was my duty to get involved like he would've done. Both my bro & Limbaugh were right... Obama's been a disaster for this country. No doubt about it.

Jarlaxle
09-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I have to say I am not having the problems with PF that everyone else is reporting. No idea why.

Smartmouthwoman
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I have to say I am not having the problems with PF that everyone else is reporting. No idea why.

I've heard a few others say that, too... but I have the same prob from 2 dif locations, so can't imagine why some don't.

Oh well, glad you're here anyway. It's a nice forum and new members are welcome. ;)

Conley
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Hope it is ok to say this but after the way things have gone down lately...it is all about fun, enjoy your time here or whatever other forums you post on. Thats what its about imo. This stuff is not life or death

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Hope it is ok to say this but after the way things have gone down lately...it is all about fun, enjoy your time here or whatever other forums you post on. Thats what its about imo. This stuff is not life or death

Not life or death, but the election is very important.

Conley
09-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Not life or death, but the election is very important.

Yes thats true...

countryboy
09-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey there Rapunzel, so that's where ya went. Nice to see you. :)

Trinnity invited me here a while back, but never got around to it. Sad to say it took today's exceptionally bad performance to make me look it up. Well that, and Akula. :D But just so you know, I promise to give this place a fair shake, it actually sounds right up my alley. ;)

Already got is saved as a home page tab. ;)

Captain Obvious
09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Glad you're here, Countryboy.

Goldie Locks
09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey there Rapunzel, so that's where ya went. Nice to see you. :)

Trinnity invited me here a while back, but never got around to it. Sad to say it took today's exceptionally bad performance to make me look it up. Well that, and Akula. :D But just so you know, I promise to give this place a fair shake, it actually sounds right up my alley. ;)

Already got is saved as a home page tab. ;)

Good to see ya ol' friend...hope you stay awhile...nice place here!!!

Conley
09-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome CB!

Trinnity
09-05-2012, 05:28 AM
Welcome, old friend. It's been a while. How's the little lady?

Trinnity
09-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Akula's thread is gone. Moved to somewhere out of site. Well, it was good while it lasted. The owner of PF is solely responsible for NOT fixing the problems. She doesn't care. And it's been going on for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Akula, did you get in any trouble for that? An infraction?

BTW, it's before 7am and PF is already locking up. LOL. FAIL

Akula
09-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Akula's thread is gone. Moved to somewhere out of site. Well, it was good while it lasted. The owner of PF is solely responsible for NOT fixing the problems. She doesn't care. And it's been going on for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

I don't think so...but I couldn't care less. Wouldn't be the first one I ever got from them. ;)

sec
09-05-2012, 02:32 PM

how does one know if they were to get an infraction? When you log in you see the notification but you can never launch it because the site locks up when trying to view notifications.

Calypso Jones
09-05-2012, 03:11 PM
It is sooooooooooooo wonderful to be able to hit that 'post quick reply' button and it POSTS. amazing. so much less stress and anger.