PDA

View Full Version : Romney ignored warnings about Ryan’s history of lies, exaggerations

Cigar
09-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Campaign professionals vetting Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as a potential Republican vice presidential candidate warned Mitt Romney‘s strategists that the Congressman had a “history of exaggeration and prevarication” that could become a campaign issue and distraction but the GOP presidential nominee’s team ignored the warnings.

Romney campaign insiders tell Capitol Hill Blue that an intense internal battle raged inside the campaign over Ryan’s history of blatant lies, factual misstatements and exaggerations.

“Paul Ryan is a loose cannon. He’s Mitt Romney’s Sarah Palin and his involvement with the campaign will sink the Republican Party in this election,” said another GOP pro, who also asked to remain anonymous.

“When I heard Ryan was on the short list, my first reaction was ‘oh, Christ, here we go again,’ ” the longtime GOP operative said Sunday. ”The man tells so many whoppers so often that I’m not sure he even knows when he’s lying.”

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/44972

BTW Paul ... how fast did you run that Marathon?
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/01/13611931-paul-ryan-says-he-misstated-marathon-claim?lite/&ocid=ansmsnbc11

Mainecoons
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Hey, we have to have our own prevaricator since you have an even bigger one!

:rofl:

Spookycolt
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Its funny how they say he tells so many lies yet they give no examples of them. I'll reserve judgement until they actually bring up what lies he has been caught in that go so far beyond a normal politician.

Cigar
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Its funny how they say he tells so many lies yet they give no examples of them. I'll reserve judgement until they actually bring up what lies he has been caught in that go so far beyond a normal politician.

It's not a Lie when you want to believe. :)

Spookycolt
09-04-2012, 09:41 AM
It's not a Lie when you want to believe. :)

What's not a lie?

Calypso Jones
09-04-2012, 09:45 AM
and you Cig ignored warnings and evidence of serious lies in the life and career of Barrack Obama. And now you think you can misdirect us with your bogus claims? Well i pray you are joking.