PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Democrats bristle at DNC debate schedule

Peter1469
12-19-2015, 10:44 AM
The NYT discusses the infighting i (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/12/18/martin-omalley-and-bernie-sanders-bristle-at-holding-debates-on-weekends/)nside the democratic party. It appears the DNC is in the tank for Hillary and they are trying to marginalize the other candidates. In this article the Times focuses on the DNC's decision to hold a debate tonight- a Saturday night when fewer people will watch. Why is that? 1. To protect Hillary- if she says something stupid less people will see it first hand; 2. if the other candidates say good stuff few will see it first hand.

If a presidential debate is held and nobody watches, does it really happen?

While viewers are expected to watch the third Democratic debate on Saturday night, they are unlikely to be doing so in the droves that tuned into the Republican debates or the Democratic face-off that was held on a weeknight. While some of that interest on the Republican side can be attributed to the Donald J. Trump effect, critics of the Democratic National Committee’s scheduling process are also upset that the party is muting its message by holding debates when people are less likely to tune in.

There was much discussion over the number of Democratic debates that would be held in this cycle, with Martin O’Malley and Senator Bernie Sanders pushing for more opportunities to face off publicly with Hillary Clinton. They ultimately settled on six, of which two were scheduled for Saturday evenings and one for a Sunday.

As in the previous Democratic debate, which was held at the same time as an important college football game, the candidates will clash on Saturday night with the New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys.

Bo-4
12-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Yeah, the debate schedule (and the recent Sanders thing) are clear evidence that higher-ups in the DNC (including Wasserman-Schultz) are tilting the scales.

It's shameful, and if you believe for a second that Hillary's people didn't look at Sanders info when the firewall came down - i got a bridge you'll love.

:)

TrueBlue
12-19-2015, 01:07 PM
It should not matter what time a debate is scheduled to be held, if people truly want to see what is being debated and discussed they will find a way to view it. It's that simple. If they prefer to watch football, baseball, etc. then they will record the program to watch at a later time but to say that the Democrats chose a time when few will be watching is bogus thinking. It is unfortunate a sports game is in competition with the debates but what should truly be more important to the American people? A mere game that will get you nowhere by watching or the debate that could determine one's future and the direction the country will take. Forget the games and pay attention to what really matters!

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
There's a reason the DNC scheduled the debate for a time they knew less people will watch. TrueBlue doesn't want to admit that reason

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 01:25 PM
The Democrat party establishment is in the tank for Hillary Clinton even if it means they go down in flames.

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the debate schedule (and the recent Sanders thing) are clear evidence that higher-ups in the DNC (including Wasserman-Schultz) are tilting the scales.

It's shameful, and if you believe for a second that Hillary's people didn't look at Sanders info when the firewall came down - i got a bridge you'll love.

:)

If it's a bridge in New Jersey, Chris Christie already has it claimed.

domer76
12-19-2015, 01:58 PM
The Democrat party establishment is in the tank for Hillary Clinton even if it means they go down in flames.

Still haven't figured out that Democrat Party thing, I see. Slow learner.

Bo-4
12-19-2015, 01:58 PM
It should not matter what time a debate is scheduled to be held, if people truly want to see what is being debated and discussed they will find a way to view it. It's that simple. If they prefer to watch football, baseball, etc. then they will record the program to watch at a later time but to say that the Democrats chose a time when few will be watching is bogus thinking. It is unfortunate a sports game is in competition with the debates but what should truly be more important to the American people? A mere game that will get you nowhere by watching or the debate that could determine one's future and the direction the country will take. Forget the games and pay attention to what really matters!

Only about 47% of US households have a DVR. Some of those without might watch it later on the Internet, but it still constitutes planned breakage by the DNC.

You'll remember when Dems were making fun of Priebus and his iron grip over keeping their debates at a minimum?

Well now, they have 11 and the DNC has six.

Something is rotten in Wasserman Land.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Still haven't figured out that Democrat Party thing, I see. Slow learner.

Most rational people haven been able to figure out the Democrat party. Do you think you have?

Do you actually believe the Democrat party believes in democratic principles?

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 02:05 PM
Only about 47% of US households have a DVR. Some of those without might watch it later on the Internet, but it still constitutes planned breakage by the DNC.

You'll remember when Dems were making fun of Priebus and his iron grip over keeping their debates at a minimum?

I've thought this for awhile, but Wasserman-Schultz is the most corrupt DNC chair I've encountered. I'll give Priebus and the RNC credit for one thing, while they engaged in some serious corruption in 2012 to keep Ron Paul down and are trying to do what they can now to take down Trump, they are keeping the process open and are barely interfering at all this cycle and that is as it should be.

The DNC has six debates scheduled all season with four of them occurring before the first votes are cast, the remaining two are after primary votes have started. None of them are scheduled openly without conflict.

It's by design. DWS should be run out on her ears, she's the main reason I abandoned the Democratic Party (until Bernie decided to run as a Democrat).

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 02:10 PM
I've thought this for awhile, but Wasserman-Schultz is the most corrupt DNC chair I've encountered....

There's also an element of incompetence with her.

domer76
12-19-2015, 02:17 PM
Most rational people haven been able to figure out the Democrat party. Do you think you have?

Do you actually believe the Democrat party believes in democratic principles?

Now you're stepping over the line from willful ignorance to just plain stupid.

Bo-4
12-19-2015, 02:21 PM

Couldn't agree more. If it was up to me i'd bring back Tim Kaine or Howard Dean.

If anyone believes she didn't know about the Star Wars opening, the NFL, and the fact that Saturday is the least viewed night for television (until late anyway)?

I'll happily provide some Lil' Debbie on a platter to deliver on whatever talent they believe she may possess.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/004483389/185528460_Slide12_300x180_xlarge.jpeg

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Now you're stepping over the line from willful ignorance to just plain stupid.

You're persistent. I'll give you that anyway.

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 02:36 PM

I don't disagree with that.

Bo-4
12-19-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't disagree with that.

Dean was on the tube last night, and even though he's an avid Hillary supporter ..

He said it was outrageous to freeze Bernie's data that was paid for by his 3 million small donors.

He has integrity .. Little Debbie does not.

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Dean was on the tube last night, and even though he's an avid Hillary supporter ..

He said it was outrageous to freeze Bernie's data that was paid for by his 3 million small donors.

He has integrity .. Little Debbie does not.

Not only that, but Dean turned his Democracy For America group to endorse and support Bernie.

Thinking this might backfire on Hillary and the DNC.

domer76
12-19-2015, 02:49 PM
You're persistent. I'll give you that anyway.

I'm trying to help you to not look so foolish, but you're not doing your part.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm trying to help you to not look so foolish, but you're not doing your part.

You certainly are putting the spotlight on yourself.

Peter1469
12-19-2015, 03:08 PM

I don't have a DVR.

Maybe Hillary and Wasserman dated in the past and that is why she is helping Hillary out? :wink:

domer76
12-19-2015, 03:24 PM
You certainly are putting the spotlight on yourself.

lol

I'm merely trying to help you learn the difference between Democrat, Democratic and democratic so you can stop looking so foolish. So far, none of that has sunk in. That, and a myriad of other simple concepts.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 03:32 PM
lol

I'm merely trying to help you learn the difference between Democrat, Democratic and democratic so you can stop looking so foolish. So far, none of that has sunk in. That, and a myriad of other simple concepts.

before you attempt to teach me or anyone for that matter anything, try learning it first yourself

domer76
12-19-2015, 03:45 PM
before you attempt to teach me or anyone for that matter anything, try learning it first yourself

It's obvious I already knew the difference. I learned it as far back as junior high. You, however, can't seem to retain the concept from thread to thread on the same day. Pretty fucking sad.

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 04:09 PM
You are suffering from a severe case self mutilation here.

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Girls, girls, girls...what is your cat fight accomplishing?

domer76
12-19-2015, 04:15 PM
You are suffering from a severe case self mutilation here.

lol

Do you know what irony is? (Hint: It's not a metal)

domer76
12-19-2015, 04:21 PM

I'm just trying to lead a brain dead horse to water. But the old nag insists on dying of thirst.

Crepitus
12-19-2015, 04:27 PM
LOL! I was gonna say "Girls, Girls! You're both pretty!"

Green Arrow
12-19-2015, 04:48 PM
LOL! I was gonna say "Girls, Girls! You're both pretty!"

I thought about that after I posted, but then I went to take a nap :tongue:

Tahuyaman
12-19-2015, 04:55 PM
I think domer is a funny dude. Let him keep going.

donttread
12-19-2015, 06:22 PM
The NYT discusses the infighting i (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/12/18/martin-omalley-and-bernie-sanders-bristle-at-holding-debates-on-weekends/)nside the democratic party. It appears the DNC is in the tank for Hillary and they are trying to marginalize the other candidates. In this article the Times focuses on the DNC's decision to hold a debate tonight- a Saturday night when fewer people will watch. Why is that? 1. To protect Hillary- if she says something stupid less people will see it first hand; 2. if the other candidates say good stuff few will see it first hand.

And just think, if this is the back handed way they treat their own , imagine how willing they are to fuck the rest of us over.

Peter1469
12-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Warning: the topic is the DNC debate schedule. Take the personal discussions to PMs please. Thank you.