PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias

Chris
12-23-2015, 05:11 PM
In a fairly recent trend, racism plays second fiddle to, what should we call it, bipartisanism...

Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias (http://fee.org/anythingpeaceful/political-bias-overtakes-racial-bias/)

http://i.snag.gy/nwuw3.jpg

...A few days before Fisher was argued, but not in connection with the case, Ezra Klein of Vox amassed data suggesting that the greatest cleavages in society were not between racial and ethnic groups, but between members of different political parties.

A high percentage of members of both parties, for instance, expressed horror at the thought of a daughter or son marrying outside the faith. Large majorities of both parties would be likely to hire a member of their party over that of another.

As Ilya Somin has noted, such partisanship has troubling implications for democracy. Partisans will be more likely to dismiss opposing views reflexively, making beneficial decision making far less likely....

Dr. Who
12-23-2015, 06:28 PM
In a fairly recent trend, racism plays second fiddle to, what should we call it, bipartisanism...

Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias (http://fee.org/anythingpeaceful/political-bias-overtakes-racial-bias/)
Not bipartisanism but rather partisanism. Pretty crazy, considering the fundamental sameness of both parties once you scrape off the icing.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 06:40 PM
If the two major parties are basically the same, why the stark differences in the partisans themselves?

Chris
12-23-2015, 06:48 PM
If the two major parties are basically the same, why the stark differences in the partisans themselves?

Party in power get to hand out more political favors.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Party in power get to hand out more political favors.

then it wouldn't matter which party it was that held the power, but to the partisans it does matter. Even if the opposition party is giving the hand-outs.

Mister D
12-23-2015, 06:53 PM

What stark differences?

Mister D
12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
That's a shame. At least racial bias can be interesting.

Mac-7
12-23-2015, 06:56 PM
When I saw the headline I thought the topic was the pro democrat party washington post cartoon depicting Cruz's daughters as monkeys.

but i guess thats a non story here in lib la la land.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 07:06 PM
What stark differences?

Ok. Look at the difference between @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) and @maineman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1289). Do you believe they hold similar views on any issue?

do you think they would agree that there's no difference between the two major political parties?

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:06 PM
then it wouldn't matter which party it was that held the power, but to the partisans it does matter. Even if the opposition party is giving the hand-outs.

No, it doesn't.

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:07 PM
When I saw the headline I thought the topic was the pro democrat party washington post cartoon depicting Cruz's daughters as monkeys.

but i guess thats a non story here in lib la la land.

Well, lil lib lib, why aren't you posting about that? WaPo retracted anyhow.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 07:13 PM
No, it doesn't.

like I just asked another, do you think maineman and Mac-7 would agree with you? They both claim loyalty to one of the two major parties.

Dr. Who
12-23-2015, 07:31 PM
The partisans are different about a finite number of issues, but are those differences really all that stark? People fixate on the extreme, but most of what happens in government happens in the political middle and most of what really happens in government happens without the general population even being aware. Most of the time the differences are based in rhetoric. The truly heinous stuff goes relatively unnoticed and the media chooses to focus on those things that will get people going. Ninety-nine percent of the time things that should universally outrage the public, if they really understood the importance of those issues, are passed without mainstream media attention. The media tends to cater to the lowest common denominator, so they don't write about complicated issues that most people wouldn't understand. The media selects issues that underscore political differences and create division to sell news, but at the end of the day, politicians from both sides of the aisle are selling out the population at large to special interests but few notice and even less care. Ultimately the outward difference between the Dems and the Reps is where they spend discretionary dollars. The Dems spend more on domestic issues, the Reps spend more on foreign intervention.

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
like I just asked another, do you think maineman and Mac-7 would agree with you? They both claim loyalty to one of the two major parties.

No, but neither would they be able to articulate significant differences.

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Not bipartisanism but rather partisanism. Pretty crazy, considering the fundamental sameness of both parties once you scrape off the icing.

I think this misses the reality. That the current GOP leadership in DC, which was the outgoing Boehner, and the incumbent McConnell, seemed to be as Democrats, most certainly does not reflect their rank and file. The rank and file are quite opposed to Obama and the libs. Trump leading in the GOP polls indicates an enormous contempt for Obama and liberals.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 07:41 PM

I know that they would both disagree with you on that one.

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 07:44 PM
What stark differences?

How about (in no particular order) First Amendment. Second Amendment. Immigration. Political correctness. Spending. Welfare. Energy. Taxation. Nanny state. Obamacare. Dealing with ISIS. Border security. Big government vs small government. Law enforcement.

That's a start.

Mac-7
12-23-2015, 07:47 PM
Well, lil lib lib, why aren't you posting about that? WaPo retracted anyhow.

I was wondering how the beautiful people who claim to hate partisanship would react to a leftwing partisan attack on two little children of ted cruz, conservative republican.

as expected the third way is ok with whatever the democrats do

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:47 PM
I know that they would both disagree with you on that one.

Of course, they would disagree. I'd wait for substantiation.

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:48 PM
How about (in no particular order) First Amendment. Second Amendment. Immigration. Political correctness. Spending. Welfare. Energy. Taxation. Nanny state. Obamacare. Dealing with ISIS. Border security. Big government vs small government. Law enforcement.

That's a start.

In theory, perhaps, but in practice there's this: Evangelist Franklin Graham slams, quits GOP (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/evangelist-franklin-graham-slams-quits-gop.html): "Evangelist Franklin Graham announced Tuesday he is leaving the Republican Party over the GOP-led spending bill passed last week, calling it “wasteful” and likening funding of Planned Parenthood to Nazi concentration camps."

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:50 PM
I was wondering how the beautiful people who claim to hate partisanship would react to a leftwing partisan attack on two little children of ted cruz, conservative republican.

as expected the third way is ok with whatever the democrats do

It was as despicable as Trump's undignified remarks about Hillary.

Again, no difference.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 07:55 PM

Again, no difference.

There's a huge difference. Hillary can fight back. Cruz's little girls can't.

Matty
12-23-2015, 07:56 PM
There's a huge difference. Hillary can fight back. Cruz's little girls can't.

Yes!

Chris
12-23-2015, 07:57 PM
Cruz can fight back and WaPo retracted.

It is still not a political difference.

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 08:33 PM

Again, no difference.

Sorry, but no comparison. Hillary is a big girl, who has defended her husband's egregious infidelities, to include things that would have gotten any Fortune 500 CEO fired, with obfuscation, lies, and attacks on the victims of Bill's predatory behavior. In that accurate context, she has no basis on which to be offended by the term "schlonged". In fact, Hillary rates no respect, precisely because she is a political whore in every sense of the word.

Cruz's kids ? C'mon. Even if you do not like Trump, you are not this fucking stupid.

Chris
12-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Sorry, but no comparison. Hillary is a big girl, who has defended her husband's egregious infidelities, to include things that would have gotten any Fortune 500 CEO fired, with obfuscation, lies, and attacks on the victims of Bill's predatory behavior. In that accurate context, she has no basis on which to be offended by the term "schlonged". In fact, Hillary rates no respect, precisely because she is a political whore in every sense of the word.

Cruz's kids ? C'mon. Even if you do not like Trump, you are not this fucking stupid.

The criticism was of Cruz not his children.

I like none of them.

Stow the ad hom, it's unbecoming.

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 08:39 PM
In theory, perhaps, but in practice there's this: Evangelist Franklin Graham slams, quits GOP (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/22/evangelist-franklin-graham-slams-quits-gop.html): "Evangelist Franklin Graham announced Tuesday he is leaving the Republican Party over the GOP-led spending bill passed last week, calling it “wasteful” and likening funding of Planned Parenthood to Nazi concentration camps."

Which illustrates my point exactly. Graham is upset with the current GOP leadership in DC. How he chose to grandstand it is his choice. He will most assuredly be voting for a GOP candidate in the primary, and a GOP candidate in the general election. Do you think not ? So much for "leaving the party" !

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 08:40 PM
The criticism was of Cruz not his children.

I like none of them.

Stow the ad hom, it's unbecoming.

No. The WAPO cartoon took its shot at Cruz, which is fine, but also depicted his kids as monkeys, which is not OK. Which is why the piece was taken down. It is not ad-hom to point out that you are not as stupid as that one post. It is actually quite the opposite.

ThaiBoxer
12-23-2015, 08:55 PM

Because they aren't. When Democrats are in control the economy does well and people prosper. When Republicans get control they turn everything to shit

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tahuyaman

If the two major parties are basically the same, why the stark differences in the partisans themselves

Because they aren't. When Democrats are in control the economy does well and people prosper. When Republicans get control they turn everything to $#@!

Here's my advice to you. Always make a serious attempt to be thoughtful.

ThaiBoxer
12-23-2015, 09:04 PM

It's history brah

Bush 41 bad economy. Clinton most prosperous economy in generations. Bush 43 bad economy. Obama successful economic recovery.

Captain Obvious
12-23-2015, 09:07 PM
It's history brah

Bush 41 bad economy. Clinton most prosperous economy in generations. Bush 43 bad economy. Obama successful economic recovery.

:biglaugh:

And more national debt than all presidents in US history combined.

What a rube...

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 09:08 PM

It's history brah

Well, so much for that....

ThaiBoxer
12-23-2015, 09:10 PM
:biglaugh:

And more national debt than all presidents in US history combined.

What a rube...

Agreed, Bush was a rube.

Chris
12-23-2015, 09:11 PM
It's history brah

Successful? Lol. All bad presidents.

Mac-7
12-23-2015, 09:12 PM

So no one disagress on any issue and its all just personal dislike by individusls on the left and right for each other?

you are delusional.

Chris
12-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Which illustrates my point exactly. Graham is upset with the current GOP leadership in DC. How he chose to grandstand it is his choice. He will most assuredly be voting for a GOP candidate in the primary, and a GOP candidate in the general election. Do you think not ? So much for "leaving the party" !

The point was the party against spending just passed a huge liberal spending bill. Don't miss forest for trees.

Chris
12-23-2015, 09:15 PM
No. The WAPO cartoon took its shot at Cruz, which is fine, but also depicted his kids as monkeys, which is not OK. Which is why the piece was taken down. It is not ad-hom to point out that you are not as stupid as that one post. It is actually quite the opposite.

That's how Cruz was treating his kids putting them in political ads.

You're right, you were well poisoning.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias

I disagree that this is a recent trend as the OP says. Politics has always been more divisive than racial bias.

Peter1469
12-23-2015, 09:55 PM
Because they aren't. When Democrats are in control the economy does well and people prosper. When Republicans get control they turn everything to shit

The democrats are taking the economy over the cliff at 100 mph.

The GOP is taking the economy over the cliff at 60 mph.

Either one in charge, the economy dies after it goes over the cliff.

That is the no difference. All the other stuff is minor compared to the economic health death of the nation.

Peter1469
12-23-2015, 09:57 PM
It's history brah

Bush 41 bad economy. Clinton most prosperous economy in generations. Bush 43 bad economy. Obama successful economic recovery.You are very, very confused. Wrong on all accounts. Close with Clinton, but you went too far with your praise. Did your high school have a course in economics?

Dr. Who
12-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Unlike all the really nasty rhetoric about Obama's wife and kids. The media doesn't respect any boundaries anymore. It is sad that if you want to be a politician, your family is now a target.

Tahuyaman
12-23-2015, 10:20 PM
You are very, very confused. Wrong on all accounts. Close with Clinton, but you went too far with your praise. Did your high school have a course in economics?

You are wasting your time.

Matty
12-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Unlike all the really nasty rhetoric about Obama's wife and kids. The media doesn't respect any boundaries anymore. It is sad that if you want to be a politician, your family is now a target.

Nasty rhetoric about Michelle and the Obama children? In the Press? I have never seen it.

Dr. Who
12-23-2015, 10:38 PM
Nasty rhetoric about Michelle and the Obama children? In the Press? I have never seen it.
I have.

ThaiBoxer
12-23-2015, 10:59 PM

That is the no difference. All the other stuff is minor compared to the economic health death of the nation.

The unemployment rate for November was 5%. Was it that low under Bush before he destroyed our economy?

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 11:12 PM

What ? The Press never went after Obama's kids. Never. Michele, for making herself a political entity as she has chosen, has also gotten a free ride from the MSM. Her school menu initiative has been a complete disaster, and she still gets a pass. But to the point, the Obama kids were never portrayed as monkeys in a major publication. The double standard by such as WAPO is enormous.

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 11:15 PM
The unemployment rate for November was 5%. Was it that low under Bush before he destroyed our economy?

Someone has to say it. You are so completely uninformed. Do you know what the labor force participation rate is ? Do you know that if Obama had the same rate now as he inherited, that unemployment is 9% ? Do you know how the numbers can be manipulated by the LFPR ?

I know that you are in your second year of college, and were in the top 5% of your HS class, but good grief you are just plain stupid !!

Song Bird
12-23-2015, 11:16 PM
I have.

Then you can document it. Google is your friend, and Obama has only been a major player for less than 9 years. Should be easy.

Dr. Who
12-23-2015, 11:32 PM
What ? The Press never went after Obama's kids. Never. Michele, for making herself a political entity as she has chosen, has also gotten a free ride from the MSM. Her school menu initiative has been a complete disaster, and she still gets a pass. But to the point, the Obama kids were never portrayed as monkeys in a major publication. The double standard by such as WAPO is enormous.
Right: Fox: https://www.google.ca/search?q=WAPO&oq=WAPO&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2052j0j8&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=fox+mocks+michelle+obama
Others refer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/12/angela-mcglowan-michelle-obama_n_7266510.html
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2010/05/28/glenn-beck-smears-obamas-11-year-old-daughter/165466
http://thegrio.com/2013/05/03/fox-news-host-asks-is-malia-obama-going-to-go-on-birth-control/

domer76
12-24-2015, 02:46 AM
Someone has to say it. You are so completely uninformed. Do you know what the labor force participation rate is ? Do you know that if Obama had the same rate now as he inherited, that unemployment is 9% ? Do you know how the numbers can be manipulated by the LFPR ?

I know that you are in your second year of college, and were in the top 5% of your HS class, but good grief you are just plain stupid !!

What did you say the current unemployment rate is? 9%?

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 05:57 AM

Here, peter prefers the Domocrats because the faster they take us to the bottom of the cliff the sooner the Third Way crowd can say "We told you so."

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:58 AM
I have.

Where?

Peter1469
12-24-2015, 06:36 AM
What did you say the current unemployment rate is? 9%?

He is probably citing to U-6. (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm) Go to the link if the formating is screwed up.

U-6 is more accurate than U-3, the number most cited by the press.

HOUSEHOLD DATA
Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization[Percent]
MeasureNot seasonally adjustedSeasonally adjustedNov.
2014Oct.
2015Nov.
2015Nov.
2014July
2015Aug.
2015Sept.
2015Oct.
2015Nov.
2015U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent of the civilian labor force
2.72.12.12.72.12.22.12.12.1U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force
2.72.32.32.92.62.62.52.52.5U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)
5.54.84.85.85.35.15.15.05.0U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus discouraged workers
5.95.25.26.25.75.55.45.45.4U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus all other persons marginally attached to the labor force, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force
6.86.05.87.16.46.26.26.26.1U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force
11.09.59.611.410.410.310.09.89.9NOTE: Persons marginally attached to the labor force are those who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the past 12 months. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason for not currently looking for work. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule. Updated population controls are introduced annually with the release of January data.

Peter1469
12-24-2015, 06:37 AM
Here, peter prefers the Domocrats because the faster they take us to the bottom of the cliff the sooner the Third Way crowd can say "We told you so."

The party in charge when the economy collapses will be vilified in history. In reality both will be to blame.

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 06:39 AM
The party in charge when the economy collapses will be vilified in history. In reality both will be to blame.

Only if it is the republican party in charge

the pro democrat party liberal news media will see to that.

Peter1469
12-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Only if it is the republican party in charge

the pro democrat party liberal news media will see to that.

I don't believe that.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:43 AM
So no one disagress on any issue and its all just personal dislike by individusls on the left and right for each other?

you are delusional.

The disagtrements are superficial. For example, you favor progressive prtectionism. You're a neocon, Hillary is a neocon. On and on.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:47 AM

This is part and parcel the myth partisans portray, the presidents, even parties, create jobs and increase wealth.

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 08:01 AM
The disagtrements are superficial. For example, you favor progressive prtectionism. You're a beacon, Hillary is a neocon. On and on.

I favor closing the border and deporting illegal aliens and the guy down in mexico does not

he wants amnesty for illegals and i dont.

I want to ban muslim immigration till the war with islam ends

He does not agree

he wants to expand the welfare system whereas I want to end welfare for able bodied adults

There are an endless number of fundimentisl differences between the typical conservative republican and the typical liberal democrat.

Chris
12-24-2015, 08:09 AM
I favor closing the border and deporting illegal aliens and the guy down in mexico does not

he wants amnesty for illegals and i dont.

I want to ban muslim immigration till the war with islam ends

He does not agree

he wants to expand the welfare system whereas I want to end welfare for able bodied adults

There are an endless number of fundimentisl differences between the typical conservative republican and the typical liberal democrat.

All of which liberal isolationism contradicts you're being a neocon.

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 08:17 AM
All of which liberal isolationism contradicts you're being a neocon.

That was a big waste of time, bandwidth and 58 characters.

Chris
12-24-2015, 09:48 AM
That was a big waste of time, bandwidth and 58 characters.

Then don't waste time trying to convince people there's alick of difference of any political significance.

donttread
12-24-2015, 10:05 AM
You are very, very confused. Wrong on all accounts. Close with Clinton, but you went too far with your praise. Did your high school have a course in economics?

Well at least our spending was somewhat tempered under Clinton which is more than we can say for most of our regimes over the past 40 years. I'm more concerned with the fact that he thinks this is "a successful economic recovery". But he's young and has never seen this country the way it was a few decades ago

Safety
12-24-2015, 10:15 AM
I have.

Isn't that the same phenonomon as not seeing racism, sexism, et.al until it happens to their side?

Chris
12-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Myth...reality...

http://i.snag.gy/7iHzz.jpg

donttread
12-24-2015, 10:42 AM

As will be the donkephant supporters

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 10:46 AM

The article fails miserably in making such a case and its conclusion appears to focus on racial diversity in educational establishments; this was a very confused article. But political bias isn't any more new than religious bias when making life's decisions.

What I did find interesting was this paragraph about the founder of this organization which is spot on:

Leonard was always aware of the ethical and religious dimensions of human liberty. American institutions and the American way of life, he believed, ultimately rest on the tenets of the Judeo-Christian religion. It is from this source that we derive our convictions as to the meaning of life, the nature of man, the moral order, and the rights and responsibilities of individuals. The American system, as it was originally conceived, is a projection of this religious heritage, and the American dream has an implicit religious content.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Myth...reality...

http://i.snag.gy/7iHzz.jpg

Charts like this contain no reality and are meaningless. They ignore the makeup of Congress and the political realities at the time which doesn't tell even a tenth of the whole story.

The dumbest part of charts like these is the assumption that Presidents can spend tax payer money.

Two great examples; Reagan's presidency was dominated by a very strong Democratically controlled Congress led by a crony Democratic partisan apparatchik known as Tipsy O'Neil, while BillyBob Clintons philandering presidency was dominated by a Republican Party with Newt Gingrich defining the agenda with his "contract with America" proving that Congress could actually spend less than it takes in after a 35 year hiatus from Democratically controlled Congresses.

Chris
12-24-2015, 10:59 AM
The article fails miserably in making such a case and its conclusion appears to focus on racial diversity in educational establishments; this was a very confused article. But political bias isn't any more new than religious bias when making life's decisions.

What I did find interesting was this paragraph about the founder of this organization which is spot on:

Leonard was always aware of the ethical and religious dimensions of human liberty. American institutions and the American way of life, he believed, ultimately rest on the tenets of the Judeo-Christian religion. It is from this source that we derive our convictions as to the meaning of life, the nature of man, the moral order, and the rights and responsibilities of individuals. The American system, as it was originally conceived, is a projection of this religious heritage, and the American dream has an implicit religious content.

Meaningless adjectives and adverbs: miserably, confused. Say something of substance to back your opinion.

But political bias isn't any more new than religious bias when making life's decisions.

Of course, but the point of the article is political bias and intolerance has overtaken other forms.

Leonard was a libertarian, something you have many times voiced intolerance of.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 11:00 AM
Then don't waste time trying to convince people there's alick of difference of any political significance.

Arguments that claim there are no differences between the major parties are weak, dumb, false and require the willing suspension of disbelief.

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Charts like this contain no reality and are meaningless. They ignore the makeup of Congress and the political realities at the time which doesn't tell even a tenth of the whole story.

The dumbest part of charts like these is the assumption that Presidents can spend tax payer money.

Two great examples; Reagan's presidency was dominated by a very strong Democratically controlled Congress led by a crony Democratic partisan apparatchik known as Tipsy O'Neil, while BillyBob Clintons philandering presidency was dominated by a Republican Party with Newt Gingrich defining the agenda with his "contract with America" proving that Congress could actually spend less than it takes in after a 35 year hiatus from Democratically controlled Congresses.

The chart was posted as rebuttal to claims Clinton's presidency didn't spend like others. Pay attention to context.

Of course Congress holds the purse strings, as in the Republican Congress passing a huge spending bill recently.

Too bad Gingrich sold out on Contract with America.

Matty
12-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Arguments that claim there are no differences between the major parties are weak, dumb, false and require the willing suspension of disbelief.

This has been demonstrated many times without success.

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:03 AM

More meaningless word: "weak, dumb, false and require the willing suspension of disbelief". Shallow emotional outbursts without substance to back them up.

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:04 AM
This has been demonstrated many times without success.

Precisely, without success: Detectors empty adjectives have thus not been demonstrated.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Meaningless adjectives and adverbs: miserably, confused. Say something of substance to back your opinion.

Yep; describes the above screed perfectly.

Of course, but the point of the article is political bias and intolerance has overtaken other forms.

Yes; and it failed miserably in trying to make that case, a case where there was no argument in existence and one that has existed for as long as man has tried to govern himself with forms other than tyranny and Kings.

Leonard was a libertarian, something you have many times voiced intolerance of.

I'm not so sure a Libertarian would have made the claim Leonard did about our Judeo Christian foundations; but I am amused by the idiotic meme that my disagreement with some whacko Libertarians is "intolerance." What is painfully evident is your intolerance for free speech and any disagreement with your loopy and sometimes loony OPINIONS.

Yay you!!

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 11:11 AM
The chart was posted as rebuttal to claims Clinton's presidency didn't spend like others. Pay attention to context.

How does that make it any less weak and ineffectual? It's a dumb, uninformed and weak form of rebuttal as evidenced by my statement.

Of course Congress holds the purse strings, as in the Republican Congress passing a huge spending bill recently.

How was it a huge spending bill? Be specific.

Too bad Gingrich sold out on Contract with America.

More sad that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 11:12 AM
More meaningless word: "weak, dumb, false and require the willing suspension of disbelief". Shallow emotional outbursts without substance to back them up.

That's a perfect description of many of your posts.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Precisely, without success: Detectors empty adjectives have thus not been demonstrated.

You agreeing with Matty is comic relief. But it is true; efforts to argue that there is no difference between the parties have lacked success and merely provide comic relief from an otherwise dull reasoning.

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Yep; describes the above screed perfectly.

Yes; and it failed miserably in trying to make that case, a case where there was no argument in existence and one that has existed for as long as man has tried to govern himself with forms other than tyranny and Kings.

I'm not so sure a Libertarian would have made the claim Leonard did about our Judeo Christian foundations; but I am amused by the idiotic meme that my disagreement with some whacko Libertarians is "intolerance." What is painfully evident is your intolerance for free speech and any disagreement with your loopy and sometimes loony OPINIONS.

Yay you!!

Great echo trolling, which is also substanceless.

It's not Libertarian, it's libertarian. If you don't know the difference, your argument will fail. Leonard was libertarian and Christian--see "I, Pencil" for instance.

Meme? Wrong word. You are intolerant of "Libertarians." You just expressed it again. Thank you for confirming the OP.

Free speech? You don't seem to understand this concept either. It's political free speech we're (supposed to be) protected against infraction by the government. It has nothing to do with private speech.

Yay you. :Doh!:

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:24 AM
How does that make it any less weak and ineffectual? It's a dumb, uninformed and weak form of rebuttal as evidenced by my statement.

How was it a huge spending bill? Be specific.

More sad that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Another string of meaningless words. Waiting on substance....

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:25 AM
That's a perfect description of many of your posts.

More echo trolling.

Chris
12-24-2015, 11:25 AM
You agreeing with Matty is comic relief. But it is true; efforts to argue that there is no difference between the parties have lacked success and merely provide comic relief from an otherwise dull reasoning.

Huh? I disagreed with Matty. Comprehension?

Dr. Who
12-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Isn't that the same phenonomon as not seeing racism, sexism, et.al until it happens to their side?
Pretty much. People ignore or don't even notice it unless it resonates with them.

donttread
12-24-2015, 12:08 PM

The donkephant polorizes us with rhetoric they never follow through with and the poor vote for one half and the rich vote for the other but the middle class refuses to see it's own need to support third parties.

Bo-4
12-24-2015, 04:08 PM

Interesting bit of work thanks -

Yeah, my daughter is free to marry a black or Muslim dude, a hard core family values R would be absolutely out of the question. :)

Chris
12-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Interesting bit of work thanks -

Yeah, my daughter is free to marry a black or Muslim dude, a hard core family values R would be absolutely out of the question. :)

Think of the children! The misfits that would come out of such a marriage!!

Dr. Who
12-24-2015, 05:22 PM

Please don't make personal attacks, it's against the forum rules.

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:32 PM

Not a single Republican participated in or voted for Obamacare, a very glaring difference. It's not my fault you cannot see it.

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:35 PM
You will never see a Senate Republican stand on the Senate floor and blatantly lie about a man paying his taxes either. Never have, never will.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Not a single Republican participated in or voted for Obamacare, a very glaring difference. It's not my fault you cannot see it.

Yes, and how many have voted to undo it?

Talk is cheap.

There's no difference to see.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 05:38 PM

Talk is cheap.

^^Clueless how Government actually works.

Obama has to sign any legislation passed by Congress; what is the likelihood he will sign the death of the ONLY legacy of his Presidency, other than amassing trillions in deficits?

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:40 PM

Talk is cheap.

That's something you tell yourself so you can explain not voting. The Republicans have tried many time to undo it. Haven't you heard your liberal buddies bragging about it? And how it failed?

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:40 PM
You will never see a Senate Republican stand on the Senate floor and blatantly lie about a man paying his taxes either. Never have, never will.

Senator Bob Corker did "“not properly disclosed millions of dollars in income from real estate, hedge funds and other investments until last Friday” according to The Wall Street Journal." @ http://www.occupydemocrats.com/top-republican-senator-caught-evading-millions-in-taxes/

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:41 PM

Obama has to sign any legislation passed by Congress; what is the likelihood he will sign the death of the ONLY thing his Presidency has actually accomplished other than amassing trillions in deficits?

Not clueless, he purposefully left out the veto part. It doesn't fit his narrative.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:41 PM
That's something you tell yourself so you can explain not voting. The Republicans have tried many time to undo it. Haven't you heard your liberal buddies bragging about it? And how it failed?

So now you're inside my head telling me how and why I think? LOL

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Senator Bob Corker did "“not properly disclosed millions of dollars in income from real estate, hedge funds and other investments until last Friday” according to The Wall Street Journal." @ http://www.occupydemocrats.com/top-republican-senator-caught-evading-millions-in-taxes/

"Occupy Democrats"???? :biglaugh:

Chris

Obama has to sign any legislation passed by Congress; what is the likelihood he will sign the death of the ONLY legacy of his Presidency, other than amassing trillions in deficits?

Nice emotional outburst. But I think we all know how government functions.

It remains true the the Rep Congress has done nothing about ObamaCare.

Truth Detector
Not clueless, he purposefully left out the veto part. It doesn't fit his narrative.

Good point; I should have said "dishonestly" pretends to not know how Government works.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:43 PM
"Occupy Democrats"???? :biglaugh:

Nice ad hom.

Do you ever argue substance?

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:43 PM
So now you're inside my head telling me how and why I think? LOL

Did you see the question mark? It usually means I asked you a question. You don't have to answer it.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 05:44 PM

More meaningless words strung out to deflect.

Again; how would this legislation get passed with Obama sitting in the White House?

Chris
Good point; I should have said "dishonestly" pretends to not know how Government works.

No insults, remember? Either contribute or find a thread you can contribute to.

Matty

Did Bob Corker accuse another man of not paying taxes? Was it a blatant lie?

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Did Bob Corker accuse another man of not paying taxes? Was it a blatant lie?

No, enator Bob Corker did "“not properly disclosed millions of dollars in income from real estate, hedge funds and other investments until last Friday” according to The Wall Street Journal."

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 05:46 PM
Nice ad hom.

Yes he does.

Do you?

Truth Detector
Nice ad hom.

Yep; "Occupy Democrats" is a substantive web site for stringing out meaningless words. :biglaugh:

I wish you knew the real meaning of Ad hominem; you wouldn’t abuse it so much.

Chris
More meaningless words strung out to deflect.

Again; how would this legislation get passed with Obama sitting in the White House?

Echo trolling.

The question is what has the Rep Congress done?

The answer is nothing.

It's you that deflects to excuse Republicans.

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:47 PM

What was emotional about it? It is the truth.

Truth Detector
Yes he does.

Do you?

Gracias.

Truth Detector

Notice that he still has not answered the question posed as he engages in meaningless strings of words and ad hominems.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Yep; "Occupy Democrats" is a substantive web site for stringing out meaningless words. :biglaugh:

I wish you knew the real meaning of Ad hominem; you wouldn’t abuse it so much.

^^Defends ad hom with more ad hom.

It means attack the messenger instead of the message. The message is Corker's dishonesty. The messenger is actually the Wall Street Journal if you hadn't tripped over the medium you attacked.

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Echo trolling.

The answer is nothing.

Since you didnt vote you have no standing to criticize congress

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:49 PM
Did you see the question mark? It usually means I asked you a question. You don't have to answer it.

Questions carry implications. Need a lesson in English?

Chris

What was emotional was he made up out of whole cloth that I do not understand the process. That's a lie.

Truth Detector
Echo trolling.

The answer is nothing.

Irony: The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/03/21/the-house-has-voted-54-times-in-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

NEXT STRAWMAN claim Chris?

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Since you didnt vote you have no standing to criticize congress

Voting sanctions the corrupt government we have. You thus have to standing.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Notice that he still has not answered the question posed as he engages in meaningless strings of words and ad hominems.

Where have I engaged in ad hom? Or are you again just making things up? Bad habit, earns you a bad reputation.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:51 PM
Irony: The House has voted 54 times in four years on Obamacare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/03/21/the-house-has-voted-54-times-in-four-years-on-obamacare-heres-the-full-list/

NEXT STRAWMAN claim Chris?

And what have they accomplished. Again, talk is cheap.

Learn what a straw man is.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes he does.

Do you?

Can you point out where?

Matty
What was emotional was he made up out of whole cloth that I do not understand the process. That's a lie.

Then why persist in saying the Republicans are just like Democrats? Because, they are not. Why didn't you answer my questions instead of accusing me of telling you what's in your head? Because, I did not. I think maybe you are one who cares zip about a rational discussion.

Truth Detector

It wasn’t a lie or emotional; you're just stringing together a bunch of meaningless words.

When I see Liberals falsely claiming that the Republicans have done nothing about ObamaCare, it usually means they know NOTHING about how Government actually works.

Otherwise, why ask such an obviously dumb specious question all the time; unless you enjoy stringing together meaningless words or think that parroting Democrat talking points is substantive?

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 05:53 PM

:biglaugh: You just can't make this crap up folks.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:54 PM
It wasn’t a lie or emotional; you're just stringing together a bunch of meaningless words.

When I see Liberals falsely claiming that the Republicans have done nothing about ObamaCare, it usually means they know NOTHING about how Government actually works.

Otherwise, why ask such an obviously dumb specious question all the time; unless you enjoy stringing together meaningless words or think that parroting Democrat talking points is substantive?

It was a lie. I figure you lied as an emotional reaction. You obviously have nothing rational to contribute.

So tell us what Reps have done about ObamaCare, what have they accomplished?

And again with the guberment edjucated capitalization: Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian.

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:55 PM
:biglaugh: You just can't make this crap up folks.

Do you have a counter argument?

Chris
12-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Then why persist in saying the Republicans are just like Democrats? Because, they are not. Why didn't you answer my questions instead of accusing me of telling you what's in your head? Because, I did not. I think maybe you are one who cares zip about a rational discussion.

Because they are the same.

I accused you of telling me what I was thinking because that's what you did. I'd quote it again but why bother when you're doing it again: "I think maybe you are one who cares zip about a rational discussion."

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 05:58 PM

Voting is necessary for free people to participate in the democratic process.

If you dont vote then your opinions dont count.

Matty
12-24-2015, 05:59 PM
It was a lie. I figure you lied as an emotional reaction. You obviously have nothing rational to contribute.

Actually, he makes more sense than you do. All you do is accuse him of being emotional or of lying. He and I have both told you the Republicans have tried repeatedly to vote Obamacare down. And we have pointed out that that would fail because of the power of the veto. All you wish to do is attack.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:00 PM
And what have they accomplished. Again, talk is cheap.

Learn what a straw man is.

I know what a strawman claim is; it's falsley claiming that Republicans have done nothing in Congress. DUH.

So when are you going to attempt some honesty and answer my question; what will happen when a bill to dismantle Obama's legacy legislation lands on his desk?

What about Dirty Harry Reid playing partisan games by preventing legislation from even getting a straight up or down vote?

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) says a House bill suspending the resettlement of Syrian refugees, slated for action Thursday, will not make it to President Obama’s desk.

Reid said at a press conference that Democrats will block the legislation that requires the secretary of Homeland Security to affirm to Congress that every refugee being admitted is not a security threat.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/260778-senate-dems-vow-to-block-refugee-bill

‘Do Nothing Congress?’ House Passed More Than 350 Bills That Sit on Harry Reid’s Desk, Says Congresswoman

Matty
12-24-2015, 06:01 PM

I accused you of telling me what I was thinking because that's what you did. I'd quote it again but why bother when you're doing it again: "I think maybe you are one who cares zip about a rational discussion."

That's the truth. You are not a rational person and are incapable of reason.

Chris
Actually, he makes more sense than you do. All you do is accuse him of being emotional or of lying. He and I have both told you the Republicans have tried repeatedly to vote Obamacare down. And we have pointed out that that would fail because of the power of the veto. All you wish to do is attack.

What have they accomplished?

The fact you agree with someone doesn't mean they make sense. You just agree.

Where have I attacked anyone? Stop making things up.

Mac-7

The libertarian, no labels, third way, non partisans are just bench warmers who watch the action from the sidelines but make no contribution themselves

Peter1469
12-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Warning: discuss the topic. Use the PM functions for personal discussions.

Truth Detector

So tell us what Reps have done about ObamaCare, what have they accomplished?

And again with the guberment edjucated capitalization: Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian.

More meaingless words strung together in a desperate effort to deflect and obfuscate.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac247/Gnome7_01/GIF/Spinning-Silhouette-Optical-Illusio.gif

Matty

Not one bit of difference in you telling others they lie, or are having an emotional outburst. Just exactly the same!

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:05 PM
What have they accomplished?

The fact you agree with someone doesn't mean they make sense. You just agree.

Where have I attacked anyone? Stop making things up.

You keep attacking me; good lord....smh

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/55554-Political-Bias-Overtakes-Racial-Bias?p=1377859&viewfull=1#post1377859

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:06 PM
I know what a strawman claim is; it's falsley claiming that Republicans have done nothing in Congress. DUH.

So when are you going to attempt some honesty and answer my question; what will happen when a bill to dismantle Obama's legacy legislation lands on his desk?

What about Dirty Harry Reid playing partisan games by preventing legislation from even getting a straight up or down vote?

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (Nev.) says a House bill suspending the resettlement of Syrian refugees, slated for action Thursday, will not make it to President Obama’s desk.

Reid said at a press conference that Democrats will block the legislation that requires the secretary of Homeland Security to affirm to Congress that every refugee being admitted is not a security threat.

‘Do Nothing Congress?’ House Passed More Than 350 Bills That Sit on Harry Reid’s Desk, Says Congresswoman

That's not what a strawman is.

"The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position." @ http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

That's what you do when you make things up about me or what I think. That's what Matty did when she told me what I think.

Something is not a strawman because you think it's false.

We all know what Obama will do. Why are you asking a dumb question?

What about Reid?

I only wish Congress would do nothing. Instead they pass spending bills.

Peter1469
Attention: Pay attention to the warnings- TBs to follow.

Matty
The libertarian, no labels, third way, non partisans are just bench warmers who watch the action from the sidelines but make no contribution themselves

Exactly. Arm chair quarterbacks.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Not one bit of difference in you telling others they lie, or are having an emotional outburst. Just exactly the same!

I point out obvious lies and emotional outbursts.

Matty
12-24-2015, 06:09 PM
The Republicans have voted numerous times to overthrow Obamacare. The President will veto if it is ever voted for the overthrow of Obamacare. Democrats have voted to keep Obama care. Big difference in party votes.

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:09 PM
I only wish Congress would do nothing.

So now you are wandering from "what has the Republican Congress done" to "I only wish Congress would do nothing?" :rollseyes:

Instead they pass spending bills.

News Flash: That's what Congress does in order to fund Government. DUH.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:10 PM
To get back to the topic I think the last few pages of triple-team TV wraslin' have demonstrated exactly how partisanship has overtaken all other biases. There's an intolerance for the other party, and it spills over into intolerance for any opinions or ideas that don't kowtow to party line.

Matty

The truth to you is apparently an obvious lie. And, there was No emotional outburst.

Chris
The Republicans have voted numerous times to overthrow Obamacare. The President will veto if it is ever voted for the overthrow of Obamacare. Democrats have voted to keep Obama care. Big difference in party votes.

So now you are wandering from "what has the Republican Congress done" to "I only wish Congress would do nothing?" :rollseyes:

News Flash: That's what Congress does in order to fund Government. DUH.

The truth to you is apparently an obvious lie. And, there was No emotional outburst.

Topic....

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:12 PM

Wrong; you fabricate them while spinning like a ballerina to avoid substantive debates that make your bloviating look absurd.

Still no answer to my questions, and now, instead of "what has Congress done; then when it is handed to you with links," you then spin it to "I only wish Congress would do nothing."

https://media.giphy.com/media/DqSw5gyRQ5yPC/giphy.gif

Matty
12-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Truth Detector. this article says over 50 times

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/obamacare-repeal-republicans-congress-216274

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:14 PM
Topic....

So now that your off topic BS is exposed; you want to get back to the topic.....got it. ;)

Truth Detector
12-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Truth Detector. this article says over 50 times

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/obamacare-repeal-republicans-congress-216274

I am good with that number too; it doesn't matter if it is 50, or 54 times.

What is obvious is that when Liberals and Libertarians erupt with comments like "what has the Republican Congress done about Obamacare", it smacks of ignorance of what is happening and how Government actually works. ::shrugs::

Matty
12-24-2015, 06:16 PM
I am good with that number too; it doesn't matter if it is 50, or 54 times.

What is obvious is that when Liberals and Libertairan erupt with comments like "what has the Republican Congress done about Obamacare", it smacks of ignorance of what is happening and how Government actually works. ::shrugs::

Let them. And be glad they don't vote.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:19 PM
So now that your off topic BS is exposed; you want to get back to the topic.....got it. ;)

My point has always been "Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias" for Dems as well as Reps. There's no difference. You're both intolerant of other opinions and ideas. That's been demonstrated.

Matty
12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
My point has always been "Political Bias Overtakes Racial Bias" for Dems as well as Reps. There's no difference. You're both intolerant of other opinions and ideas. That's been demonstrated.

We have demonstrated otherwise and you have shown intolerance.

Peter1469
12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Notice: TD and Matty TBed for ignoring at least three warnings. Others are pushing it as well.

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:26 PM
We have demonstrated otherwise and you have shown intolerance.

I'm perfectly open to the idea that Reps are all about big government and using it to push agenda just like Dems. Are you?

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm perfectly open to the idea that Reps are all about big government and using it to push agenda just like Dems. Are you?

The repubs are better than your side because something beats nuthin every day

Chris
12-24-2015, 06:59 PM
The repubs are better than your side because something beats nuthin every day

Yes, Reps are better at big government but I don't understand why Yes, I understand all are so intolerant of Dems who also want big government.

JVV
12-24-2015, 10:43 PM
What stark differences?

^^ that

Mac-7
12-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Yes, Reps are better at big government but I don't understand why Yes, I understand all are so intolerant of Dems who also want big government.

I dont want big government but democrst base voters do want bigger government.

They vote and you dont vote

so the big government crowd win elections they might not win if people like you did your civic duty.

which you dont

Chris
12-25-2015, 08:48 AM
I dont want big government but democrst base voters do want bigger government.

They vote and you dont vote

so the big government crowd win elections they might not win if people like you did your civic duty.

which you dont

Mac, you have repeatedly advocated protectionist policies. What does it take to implement those policies but, you guessed it, bigger government. Moreover, your a neocon. What does it take to implement those policies but, you guessed it, bigger government.

I've never seen you advocate for smaller government.

Voting is not a civic duty. Voting sanctions the government we have. Voting, even if you voted against him, sanctions Obama as President.