PDA

View Full Version : Webb mulls independent run.

Ransom
12-28-2015, 10:25 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/27/webb-rips-clintons-state-record-as-mulls-independent-white-house-bid.html

Former Democratic presidential candidate Jim Webb is now considering an independent candidacy that would directly attack Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton for her tenure as secretary of State

Uh oh!

"Clinton should be called to account for her inept leadership that brought about the chaos in Libya," Webb posted on his Facebook page Saturday. “Our next commander in chief must define a strategic vision for the country and accept accountability for past actions.”

maineman seen this?

Webb’s social media attack on Clinton also includes the Twitter post Saturday: “Hillary Clinton’s failed vision in Libya & the Arab Spring are foreign policy leadership at its worst.”

Had you have been a man rather than a f'n gutless wonder, you'd have said this during your debate! Jim! You could have mentoned this at the time too....like your votes right with President Obama thus shredding your integrity.

You're a yes man, Jim. You're a rubber stamp for the omnibus spending, Obamacare, and staggering debt additions.....and you want to come late to the game and just this week speak to Clinton's incompetence? Well...la tee f'n da.

Cigar
12-28-2015, 10:32 AM
:huh: Who?

Ransom
12-28-2015, 10:41 AM
"Our next commander in chief must define a strategic vision for the country and accept accountability for past actions”....

...sounds like the campaigns of Jeb Bush or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz rather than a well respected Democrat. I'm also curious to see what the response from Maine is.......Jim Webb is his hero.....but he's voting for Hillary Clinton. Webb here....putting Hillary's integrity on the grill and torching it here, does Maine agree with his analysis....or disagree?

:biglaugh:

Bo-4
12-28-2015, 11:15 AM
95% of the country wouldn't be able to tell you who Jim Webb was.

1% of those who could might consider voting for him.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/yawning.gif

texan
12-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Please do it Jim........................Cigar says who? Really? Cause Jim Webb was the talk of the town when he ran and won, the dems couldn't have been more celebratory!

Nice try...............Jim Webb could be president and a better job than most. I respect him.

texan
12-28-2015, 11:19 AM
95% of the country wouldn't be able to tell you who Jim Webb was.

1% of those who would might consider voting for him.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/yawning.gif

So you have to be known by everyone to win or influence an election? Like Obama was? Here is to wishful thinking!

maineman
12-28-2015, 11:26 AM
one does not need to agree or disagree 100% with any candidate's positions or their analysis of any other candidate's positions in order to vote for a candidate.

If Jim Webb runs, he will get my money and he'll get my vote.

texan
12-28-2015, 11:57 AM
one does not need to agree or disagree 100% with any candidate's positions or their analysis of any other candidate's positions in order to vote for a candidate.

Jim Webb has my respect.

Bo-4
12-28-2015, 12:47 PM
So you have to be known by everyone to win or influence an election? Like Obama was? Here is to wishful thinking!

Obama had charisma. Webb's charisma falls somewhere between a wet blanket and Jeb! ;-)

Cigar
12-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Please do it Jim........................Cigar says who? Really? Cause Jim Webb was the talk of the town when he ran and won, the dems couldn't have been more celebratory!

Nice try...............Jim Webb could be president and a better job than most. I respect him.

Then Jim Web is your Man, Vote for him ... please please please

Cigar
12-28-2015, 01:22 PM
Jim Webb has my respect.

He doesn't need your respect, he needs your Vote. :grin:

PolWatch
12-28-2015, 01:29 PM
I like Jim Webb and would like to see how he would do as an independent. We certainly could do worse than Webb....just look at the 2 major party front runners.

Ransom
12-28-2015, 02:05 PM

He disagrees 100% with your current choice for President and I'm also enjoying your other Leftists' "who?" Unaware of even who the man is and even this Conservative will admit his is an impressive resume. Yer getting a little dose of the medicine your Uncle Ransom must take concerning your fellow Hillary Supporters, Maine. Naïve....blinders on....baaaing sheep.

zelmo1234
12-28-2015, 02:10 PM

Actually if Webb runs and Trump is the GOP candidate, He will get my vote too, Webb is a Good man.

Ransom
12-28-2015, 02:33 PM
His voting record as Senator puts him out of contention in my opinion. Dems don't know who he is, Republicans will see his rubber stamp for every Obama disaster and see ya, Jimmy. He's no support.

MisterVeritis
12-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Actually if Webb runs and Trump is the GOP candidate, He will get my vote too, Webb is a Good man.
No. Really, he isn't.

But I hope he runs.

maineman
12-28-2015, 02:57 PM
He disagrees 100% with your current choice for President.

hyperbolic bullshit. both of them are democrats. they share many philosophical viewpoints.

Needless to say, I will vote independent if Jim Webb is on the ballot. Any other scenario will find me voting for the democratic party nominee.

Truth Detector
12-28-2015, 02:59 PM
I like Jim Webb and would like to see how he would do as an independent. We certainly could do worse than Webb....just look at the 2 major party front runners.

He would perform just as poorly as EVERY other independent or third party candidate who has ever run; ZERO electoral votes. ;)

MisterVeritis
12-28-2015, 03:00 PM
He would perform just as poorly as EVERY other independent or third party candidate who has ever run; ZERO electoral votes. ;)
So? :-)

Truth Detector
12-28-2015, 03:02 PM

So? :-)

Just answering the question. ;)

Ransom
12-28-2015, 03:11 PM
hyperbolic bull$#@!. both of them are democrats. they share many philosophical viewpoints.

You disagree with his viewpoints on Hillary, Maine. He doesn't think she's a leader at all, you want to elect her as Supreme Leader.

Needless to say, I will vote independent if Jim Webb is on the ballot. Any other scenario will find me voting for the democratic party nominee.

No one on your side of the aisle even knows who he is, that's how informed they are, Maine. Just know when you graze over to elect Clinton as Dem nominee, it's with constituents who have no clue who Jim Webb is or any of his policies. You're with the whatever feels good today electorate, values sway with the breeze over there.

Peter1469
12-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Jim Webb would bring honor back to the White House.

Professor Peabody
12-28-2015, 04:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/27/webb-rips-clintons-state-record-as-mulls-independent-white-house-bid.html

Uh oh!

@maineman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1289) seen this?

Had you have been a man rather than a f'n gutless wonder, you'd have said this during your debate! Jim! You could have mentoned this at the time too....like your votes right with President Obama thus shredding your integrity.

You're a yes man, Jim. You're a rubber stamp for the omnibus spending, Obamacare, and staggering debt additions.....and you want to come late to the game and just this week speak to Clinton's incompetence? Well...la tee f'n da.

Webb should run as an Independent, he's a moderate and is the only chance the Democrats have in 2016. The other Democrats are just far left kooks and simply don't stand a chance of garnering much of the independent vote.

zelmo1234
12-28-2015, 04:59 PM
hyperbolic bull$#@!. both of them are democrats. they share many philosophical viewpoints.

Actually Jim Webb is not real welcome in todays Democratic party. I think he did an article or interview about the Democratic party leaving him?

It would be interesting to see if Trump and Web ran on a third party, what would happen.

zelmo1234
12-28-2015, 05:00 PM

But would change the election none the less. Hillary can't win even against Trump if Webb runs

zelmo1234
12-28-2015, 05:02 PM

He is possibly the only Democrat that would gain the respect of our men and women in uniform

maineman
12-28-2015, 08:53 PM
He is possibly the only Democrat that would gain the respect of our men and women in uniform

not RWNJ's.... if Kerry's Silver Star and Bronze Star meant nothing to them, why would you think that Webb's Navy Cross would?

ThaiBoxer
12-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Webb is a non-factor

Ransom
12-29-2015, 07:28 AM
Perhaps. Can you defend his voting record?

Ransom
12-29-2015, 07:30 AM
not RWNJ's.... if Kerry's Silver Star and Bronze Star meant nothing to them, why would you think that Webb's Navy Cross would?
Did McCain's closet of medals including his Purple Heart affect you?

A f'n......oops.

Ransom
12-29-2015, 07:31 AM
I can see why someone not old enough to drive would consider Webb a non-factor. Course, factors are tough through a haze of pot.

Ransom
12-29-2015, 07:35 AM

those here dismissive of Webb, those he means 'nothing to'... aren't RWNJ's Maine. See who you've thrown your hat in with?

Ignorance being bliss, they're in their happy dance. Your hatred for this country Webb doesn't approve of but..... that hatred popular here.

maineman
12-29-2015, 08:02 AM
those here dismissive of Webb, those he means 'nothing to'... aren't RWNJ's Maine. See who you've thrown your hat in with?

Ignorance being bliss, they're in their happy dance. Your hatred for this country Webb doesn't approve of but..... that hatred popular here.

Do you really expect me to take you as anything other than a gasbag gadfly when you continually insult my patriotism and love for my country? GMAFB.

Common
12-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Webb and Omalley and mulling independent runs and Id bet trump runs if he loses the primary

maineman
12-29-2015, 08:10 AM
Did McCain's closet of medals including his Purple Heart affect you?

A f'n......oops.

I never disparaged McCain's service. I was proud to be a fellow alum with him. I was following his campaign fairly closely in 2000 and hoped, wistfully, that the two parties would offer up McCain and Bradley and I would have had to think long and hard about my choice in that election. Gore-Bush was a horrible alternative set of choices, imho. In 2008, McCain had to suck WAY to much RWNJ dick to get the nomination AND he picked Caribou Barbie for his running mate AND my Dad had watched Obama for years in Illinois and loved the guy. To answer your question: I was always impressed with McCain's service. Still am.