PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Presidential Poll Results

PolWatch
12-29-2015, 10:06 AM
This is interesting:

'Most recently, a joint survey (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/12/23/cnnpoll2.pdf) from CNN and ORC International released on Wednesday found 49% of American primary voters would choose Clinton while 47% would pick Trump. On Tuesday, Quinnipiac University (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us12222015_Uhkm63g.pdf)released numbers that confirm the presidential race is aclose one; according to the university's data, American voters support Clinton 47% to Trump's 40%.

Half of American voters say they'd be embarrassed to have Donald Trump as their commander in chief and most Americans think he doesn't have a good chance in November, but there he is, still at the top of the Republican heap," said the assistant director of Quinnipiac University's poll, Tim Malloy, in a statement. "Hillary Clinton tops him. [Vermont] Sen. Bernie Sanders hammers him and Sen. Ted Cruz is snapping at his heels. Can a candidate that half the American electorate thinks is an embarrassment win in November?"

According to the Quinnipiac University poll, a full 28% of Republican primary voters would "definitely not" support Trump.'

http://news.yahoo.com/2016-presidential-poll-results-heres-144558037.html

PolWatch
12-29-2015, 10:07 AM
The only conclusion I can draw from this poll is people like what Trump is saying, but they are embarrassed that he is saying it. I wonder if this will carrying over to the voting booth.

Common
12-29-2015, 10:27 AM
The only conclusion I can draw from this poll is people like what Trump is saying, but they are embarrassed that he is saying it. I wonder if this will carrying over to the voting booth.

No one knows this is such a crazy voting environement know one knows who will vote how. Trump still being in the lead is incredible but shows how america is thinking, they are tired of being lied to and having the same two parties dictate their lives.

PolWatch
12-29-2015, 10:29 AM
No one knows this is such a crazy voting environement know one knows who will vote how. Trump still being in the lead is incredible but shows how america is thinking, they are tired of being lied to and having the same two parties dictate their lives.

I agree...but I'm still amazed that some people think Trump offers a viable alternative! On one hand, I'm glad to see the deterioration of the 2 party system, on the other hand, I'm appalled that people think they are voting for the American Idol - Presidential Edition.

Mac-7
12-29-2015, 11:22 AM
I agree...but I'm still amazed that some people think Trump offers a viable alternative! On one hand, I'm glad to see the deterioration of the 2 party system, on the other hand, I'm appalled that people think they are voting for the American Idol - Presidential Edition.

I think closet democrats like you will be happy to see the demise of the republican party because that puts the Party of The Free Ride in undisputed control.

But most people want to reform the republican party not kill it.

birddog
12-29-2015, 03:13 PM
If half of the people would not like Trump as CIC, then over 90% should not like Hillary as CIC in all fairness.

domer76
12-29-2015, 03:54 PM
If half of the people would not like Trump as CIC, then over 90% should not like Hillary as CIC in all fairness.

^More concocted "if/would" bullshit

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 04:36 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PolWatch http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1382587#post1382587)

Right. A lot of people are totally fed up with the Establishment that controls the democratic and republican parties.

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 04:38 PM
^More concocted "if/would" bullshit

What is your hang up with if/would?

Hal Jordan
12-29-2015, 04:44 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by PolWatch http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1382587#post1382587)

Right. A lot of people are totally fed up with the Establishment that controls the democratic and republican parties.

And how does voting the Establishment that controls them into office directly help? "Oh, Trump is one of the people that controls the parties, let's put him in power to screw the people that control the parties!" That makes about as much sense as putting the KKK in charge of security of a NAACP meeting.

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 04:49 PM
And how does voting the Establishment that controls them into office directly help? "Oh, Trump is one of the people that controls the parties, let's put him in power to screw the people that control the parties!" That makes about as much sense as putting the KKK in charge of security of a NAACP meeting.

Trump can't be bought off. He is a billionaire. We don't know that he would follow the Establishment's orders if elected. It would be pretty clear very soon if he did. We know that Hillary and most of the others on the GOP slate are already bought and paid for.

Hal Jordan
12-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Trump can't be bought off. He is a billionaire. We don't know that he would follow the Establishment's orders if elected. It would be pretty clear very soon if he did. We know that Hillary and most of the others on the GOP slate are already bought and paid for.

Why wouldn't he follow his own orders? That makes absolutely no sense. Trump can't be bought, because he's one of the buyers. Bought and paid for by which candidate that admitted as much in a Republican debate?

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Why wouldn't he follow his own orders? That makes absolutely no sense. Trump can't be bought, because he's one of the buyers. Bought and paid for by which candidate that admitted as much in a Republican debate?

Why would he follow orders? If he is the President he has the office. He doesn't have to listen to the Establishment. Of course he then has to worry about following in JFK's footsteps.

Maybe Trump plans on taking on the Establishment if elected.

Hal Jordan
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Why would he follow orders? If he is the President he has the office. He doesn't have to listen to the Establishment. Of course he then has to worry about following in JFK's footsteps.

Maybe Trump plans on taking on the Establishment if elected.

Do you ignore yourself? Do you punch yourself in the face? Why would he take on the Establishment when he is the Establishment?

birddog
12-29-2015, 05:40 PM
^More concocted "if/would" bull$#@!

Sorry, I didn't mean to be like you! I really don't believe I was because I was correct.

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Do you ignore yourself? Do you punch yourself in the face? Why would he take on the Establishment when he is the Establishment?

We can agree to disagree.

Truth Detector
12-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Presidential Poll results done before we even know the candidates are the fodder of fools and pin heads. Just saying.

domer76
12-29-2015, 07:57 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be like you! I really don't believe I was because I was correct.

Where did you pull the 90% number from? Your ass?

domer76
12-29-2015, 08:03 PM

Have you missed the other dozens of times I've addressed this? The habit, as with this guy, is to concoct a bogus "if" statement and argue from the fallacious assumption. His 90% number was pulled out of his heiney. For the vast majority of that kind of garbage argument is just that - pure garbage. It's argument by speculation and is used when one has no solid foundation to make their point with reality. When you need to make shit up and proceed as if it is fact, you have nothing to argue in the first place.

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Have you missed the other dozens of times I've addressed this? The habit, as with this guy, is to concoct a bogus "if" statement and argue from the fallacious assumption. His 90% number was pulled out of his heiney. For the vast majority of that kind of garbage argument is just that - pure garbage. It's argument by speculation and is used when one has no solid foundation to make their point with reality. When you need to make shit up and proceed as if it is fact, you have nothing to argue in the first place.

I don't read things that are not interesting, started by known trolls, or for a variety of other reasons. So if I ask a question, it is because I didn't see the issue before and I want to know what the deal is.

I think you have a hard time conceptualizing what is a logical argument versus a logical fallacy. If a if / would scenario comes up, don't comment if you think they are always bunk.

domer76
12-29-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't read things that are not interesting, started by known trolls, or for a variety of other reasons. So if I ask a question, it is because I didn't see the issue before and I want to know what the deal is.

I think you have a hard time conceptualizing what is a logical argument versus a logical fallacy. If a if / would scenario comes up, don't comment if you think they are always bunk.

So you agree with that 90% number he pulled out of his ass?

And sorry, I'll point out the bullshit when it is presented. And that's precisely what occurred here.

ThaiBoxer
12-29-2015, 08:17 PM

And yet she's going to destroy him. Weird, huh.....

Peter1469
12-29-2015, 08:20 PM
So you agree with that 90% number he pulled out of his ass?

And sorry, I'll point out the bullshit when it is presented. And that's precisely what occurred here.

I haven't looked at the claim.

birddog
12-29-2015, 10:07 PM
And yet she's going to destroy him. Weird, huh.....

Your ignorance on the matter is evident. Hillary is going down, and not just on Huma!:grin:

birddog
12-29-2015, 10:09 PM
Where did you pull the 90% number from? Your ass?

Purely an arbitrary number based on common sense, experience, and far more intelligence than you have.

maineman
12-29-2015, 10:35 PM

just more baseless conjecture from BD... and the hang up I have is with his misuse of the word "fairness".

Green Arrow
12-29-2015, 10:40 PM

When he was a kid, an English teacher used hypotheticals to talk him into sleeping with him.

It was a dark time.

maineman
12-29-2015, 10:54 PM
Your ignorance on the matter is evident. Hillary is going down, and not just on Huma!:grin:

so tasteless. you lose the respect of many folks with stuff like that. really.