PDA

View Full Version : Wow - I'm not a scientist, then Go Talk to One!

Cigar
12-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Preach it sister ... Preach!

During a town hall event on Tuesday in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton bashed Republican lawmakers who are in "denial" about climate change and refuse to enact policies to address environmental issues.

Clinton noted that when asked if human activity contributes to climate change, many Republican lawmakers respond by saying, "I'm not a scientist."

"The answer to that is, 'Go talk to one,'" Clinton said.

The former Secretary of State said that lawmakers need to stop letting politics get in the way of policy to address climate change, criticizing Republicans who "are under the thumb of the fossil fuel industry, and in particular the Koch brothers."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hillary-clinton-republicans-not-scientists

Great Come-Back -- :applause:

hanger4
12-29-2015, 05:00 PM
There are plenty of scientists that are skeptical also.

Cigar
12-29-2015, 05:08 PM

I would Love to put them all on one side of the Room and the others on the separate side of the Room, then take a picture and Publish it in EVERY News outlet in the country.

Somehow, I bet even that visual would still not be enough. :laugh:

hanger4
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
I would Love to put them all on one side of the Room and the others on the separate side of the Room, then take a picture and Publish it in EVERY News outlet in the country.

Nicolaus Copernicus was grossly out numbered also and yet the scientific consensus at that time was wrong.

del
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
:rofl:

hanger4
12-29-2015, 05:22 PM
:rofl:
Over your head too I see. :grin:

del
12-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Over your head too I see. :grin:

down around my knees, but you believe whatever gets you through the night.

Chris
12-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Let's recall, there is no such thing as settled science.

Scientists are skeptical.

Clinton should talk to climatologist Judith Curry who call climate change a wicked problem:

"The inadequacies of current policies based on emissions reduction are leaving the real societal consequences of climate change and extreme weather events largely unaddressed, whether caused by humans or natural variability.

The wickedness of the climate change problem provides much scope for disagreement among reasonable and intelligent people. Effectively responding to the possible threats from a warmer climate is made very difficult by the deep uncertainties surrounding the risks both from the problem and the proposed solutions."

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/11185/judith-curry-addresses-the-wicked-problem-of-climate-change/#sMVBKFJ8kJCjOoHk.99

Tahuyaman
12-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Preach it sister ... Preach!

During a town hall event on Tuesday in New Hampshire, Hillary Clinton bashed Republican lawmakers who are in "denial" about climate change and refuse to enact policies to address environmental issues.

Clinton noted that when asked if human activity contributes to climate change, many Republican lawmakers respond by saying, "I'm not a scientist."

"The answer to that is, 'Go talk to one,'" Clinton said.

The former Secretary of State said that lawmakers need to stop letting politics get in the way of policy to address climate change, criticizing Republicans who "are under the thumb of the fossil fuel industry, and in particular the Koch brothers."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/hillary-clinton-republicans-not-scientists

Great Come-Back -- :applause:

Does Hillary Clinton agree with Obama that man made climate change is the greatest threat to our national security? Is that stance based on a scientific study?

Hillary wants to talk to scientists? She's got her mind made up no matter what the science tells us.

Sheesh.....

texan
12-29-2015, 05:56 PM
I love the straw man argument and the nit wits cheerleading with no real clue.

Go get me the numbers from a legitimate source so we can see what the real break is on believers and non-believers......

Coffee is bad for you
Coffee is good for you
Coffee is bad for you
Coffee is good for you
Coffee is bad for you
Coffee is good for you

Same people..........................

Also, I like how you conveniently point to NASA when they say what the dems want (cause you are only a parrot)......Then last week I post NASA's latest report from last month that contradicts the report you and the dems like, ignored here and in the media. Doesn't fit your narrative?........Follow the money.........

Hey guess how Obama will become a half a billionaire doing when he leaves? Wonder why he is pumping that up? Dah!

HoneyBadger
12-29-2015, 05:57 PM

I'm sure St Augustine would agree with you.

texan
12-29-2015, 05:57 PM
One last thing if you believe in science then why do you support mass abortions clownface?

HoneyBadger
12-29-2015, 05:58 PM
If Hillary wants us to talk to scientists, she can't defend her beliefs and it's obvious she doesn't have a freaking clue what she's supporting and therefore is only doing it for political reasons.

Chris
12-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Did Hillary talk to computer scientists about her email server?

Just askin'.

hanger4
12-29-2015, 06:14 PM
down around my knees, but you believe whatever gets you through the night.
I'm sorry, did you refute my statement (or anything for that matter) or just playing mindless patty-cake ??

Truth Detector
12-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Man caused Global warming; another of the painfully dimwitted Liberal claims of the 21st century.

del
12-29-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm sorry, did you refute my statement (or anything for that matter) or just playing mindless patty-cake ??

did i stutter?

Cigar
12-29-2015, 06:58 PM
I Love these Thread ... :laugh:

hanger4
12-29-2015, 07:11 PM
did i stutter?
Mindless patty-cake it is. :grin:

MisterVeritis
12-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Did Hillary talk to computer scientists about her email server?

Just askin'.
She wiped it with a cloth.

del
12-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Mindless patty-cake it is. :grin:

i try to be inclusive of the lesser minded.

domer76
12-29-2015, 07:52 PM

All five of them?

domer76
12-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Nicolaus Copernicus was grossly out numbered also and yet the scientific consensus at that time was wrong.

You're referring to Biblical science

Chris
12-29-2015, 08:25 PM
All five of them?

You're not a scientist if you're not skeptical.

hanger4
12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
You're referring to Biblical science
No, I'm referring to the word 'consensus'.

hanger4
12-29-2015, 09:06 PM
All five of them?
Hardly. What were words del used ?? Oh yeah, "but you believe whatever gets you through the night."

texan
12-29-2015, 10:36 PM
GLOBAL WARMING? NASA says Antarctic has been COOLING for past SIX yearsANTARCTIC temperatures have cooled over the past six years, according to US space agency NASA.By JON AUSTIN (http://www.express.co.uk/journalist/122435/Jon-Austin)
PUBLISHED: 07:51, Sat, Nov 28, 2015 | UPDATED: 12:58, Sat, Nov 28, 2015

I project I will win the lottery in the next 50 years.................Computer modeling has projected that for me.

domer76
12-29-2015, 10:53 PM
No, I'm referring to the word 'consensus'.

In Copernicus's time, the same.

domer76
12-29-2015, 10:56 PM
Hardly. What were words del used ?? Oh yeah, "but you believe whatever gets you through the night."

Was I wrong? Are there actually six?