PDA

View Full Version : The Bill Cosby Case

exotix
12-30-2015, 06:56 PM
Today

How Hard Will It Be to Convict Bill Cosby ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/how-hard-will-it-be-convict-bill-cosby-n488016

For the first time since the Bill Cosby scandal broke, the once-beloved comedian has been charged with a crime. Here are some of the key questions about the sexual assault case that spurred dozens of women to come forward with claims of being assaulted by Cosby.

Who is the alleged victim ?

Andrea Constand, a Canadian, played basketball at the University of Arizona and professionally in Europe before landing at Temple University in 2002.
She was working as director of operations with the Owls women's basketball program when she became friends with Cosby, a Temple alumnus, trustee and avid supporter of the athletic program.

What is the alleged crime ?

In the criminal affidavit, Constand said she was invited to Cosby's Cheltenham, Pennsylvania, home in early 2004 to discuss her future.
During the visit, the complaint says she was given pills that left her incapacitated, at which time she was sexually molested by Cosby. Cosby insists the sexual contact was consensual.

Read the affidavit of probable cause here (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/constand.pdf).

Why is Cosby being charged now ?

Because the alleged assault occurred in 2004, the statute of limitations for this case runs out in January. This is the last chance for the district attorney to prosecute Cosby for this incident. This is the first time the comedian has been charged with a crime. A different Montgomery County District Attorney investigated the claim in 2005 but refused to pursue a criminal case against Cosby.

Might more criminal charges come from other claims ?

What kind of punishment could Cosby face ?

How hard will it be to prosecute Cosby ?

Videos Inside

http://i64.tinypic.com/14wvx4p.png

texan
12-30-2015, 07:02 PM
I am hearing many say it is not a strong case.

exotix
12-30-2015, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-0EhXddhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tT7ek-dXI4

Bo-4
12-30-2015, 09:17 PM
Mesereau never met a wealthy scumbag he didn't fall in love with.

;-)

Professor Peabody
12-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Myself I think the Cos is man enough to come clean and tell it all.

Bo-4
12-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Myself I think the Cos is man enough to come clean and tell it all.

He already pretty much fessed up when he admitted in court that he bought ludes to seduce young chicks.

exotix
12-30-2015, 09:34 PM
He already pretty much fessed up when he admitted in court that he bought ludes to seduce young chicks.The trippy part is that this was all dealt with 20 years ago in several civil cases ... it was only recently that some comedian brought it up as joke one night on stage ... and set the ball in motion ... again.

Professor Peabody
12-30-2015, 09:38 PM
He already pretty much fessed up when he admitted in court that he bought ludes to seduce young chicks.

Will he face his punishment like a man?

Tahuyaman
12-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Will he face his punishment like a man?

I doubt it.

Mister D
12-30-2015, 10:06 PM

He could have plied them with Jello-Pudding Pops but they were discontinued. Something I have never quite forgiven one William Henry Cosby Jr. for.

Crepitus
12-30-2015, 11:40 PM
How Hard Will It Be to Convict Bill Cosby ?

Almost impossible for one reason and one reason only. He has LOTS of money.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 07:34 AM

That was in depositions in a civil court case. And those depositions did not establish time lines. Since this case came within days of the statute of limitations, expect the defense to cast doubt on whether the case is properly before the court. If Cosby's recollection is that these actions happened a few days earlier than the victim, that alone could be determinative.

There is no physical evidence so it will come down to a "he said, she said," case. Then consider that the prosecution has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Cosby will not be convicted.

maineman
12-31-2015, 07:39 AM
convicted? maybe not. irreparably damaged beyond any hope of redemption? almost certainly.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 07:42 AM
convicted? maybe not. irreparably damaged beyond any hope of redemption? almost certainly.

He is 78 and rich. After the trial he can retire someplace quiet and tell the world to fuck off.

maineman
12-31-2015, 07:47 AM
He is 78 and rich. After the trial he can retire someplace quiet and tell the world to fuck off.

that's true.... but if you've spent your life being adored by folks, it would be difficult to do without that adulation, I'd imagine.

He certainly has enough cash that he could buy a really high priced hooker every day and wouldn't have to drug her in order to fuck her.

Standing Wolf
12-31-2015, 07:47 AM
There's a natural human tendency to want to believe that the persona we see on t.v. or in the movies is, to at least some degree, the one we'd meet in real life. It's disillusioning, to say the least, to discover that the goofy funnyman many of us grew up with has a very creepy dark side. This is more than just the usual spousal cheating or even drunken racist rant. If a few of these cases had come to light sooner after they happened, and been aggressively dealt with by the authorities, Cosby might have spent the last twenty years behind bars.

donttread
12-31-2015, 07:49 AM

They have to show that he slipped them those ludes without them knowing. Otherwise it's just two high people having sex

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 07:52 AM
Also, you can't be convicted on your own admission alone. Of course, here we have the victim to testify. That is the only evidence available. All of the prior cases of women will be inadmissible under the hearsay rules.

maineman
12-31-2015, 07:53 AM
my guess is that the residuals from "Fat Albert" have fallen off drastically in the wake of his downfall.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 08:22 AM
Does it still play anywhere?

I don't know what the guy's finances are like- he could have blown a lot of his money. But if he invested wisely he should be able to live off interest payments better than 90% of Americans live today.

maineman
12-31-2015, 08:24 AM

I don't know what the guy's finances are like- he could have blown a lot of his money. But if he invested wisely he should be able to live off interest payments better than 90% of Americans live today.

from Wiki:

As of 2013, Fat Albert is seen Saturday mornings on Retro Television Network (RTV), TheCoolTV, and weekdays and Saturdays and Sundays on Bounce TV, both of which are digital networks. It can also be seen weekdays on Angel Two (ANGL2), Kids & Teens TV (KTV), and World Harvest Television. Fat Albert is also available streaming online from www.HallmarkSpiritClips.com. As of July 2015, "Fat Albert" was no longer on Bounce TV's lineup.[13] Bounce TV had previously pulled the comedy series Cosby from their lineup in the wake of the Bill Cosby sexual assault allegations,[14] but it is unclear if the cancellation of the Fat Albert episodes are related to these allegations.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks to Algore's Amazing Internets!

Bo-4
12-31-2015, 08:43 AM
The trippy part is that this was all dealt with 20 years ago in several civil cases ... it was only recently that some comedian brought it up as joke one night on stage ... and set the ball in motion ... again.

Yep, he was too rich and powerful in the 90s to get tagged. Times were different then for women too when slut-shaming was still in vogue.

Dunno if they're gonna get a conviction but his legal bills will drain his bank account and his reputation is toast.

In some ways, that's enough for me although i'm sure his victims want more.

Bo-4
12-31-2015, 08:47 AM
He could have plied them with Jello-Pudding Pops but they were discontinued. Something I have never quite forgiven one William Henry Cosby Jr. for.

Did you HAVE to bring that up?

I hadn't even thought about what i was missing. Now i WANT one! :(

http://www.culinarylore.com/food-history:what-happened-to-jello-pudding-pops

In 2004, the Jell-O name was licensed to Popsicle, the same people who make the inferior Fudgsicles, and they began marketing Popsicle brand Jell-O pudding pops. The formula wasn't exactly the same. The texture was different and they were made in a Popsicle shape instead of in a Fudgesicle shape. The sales weren't nearly as good and they never really reached the levels of the original. They did hang around for a while, but at some point, beginning around 2011, they started disappearing again, having been pulled from the market with no explanation that I have been able to find.

JDubya
12-31-2015, 08:53 AM

Yep, he was too rich and powerful in the 90s to get tagged. Times were different then for women too when slut-shaming was still in vogue.

Dunno if they're gonna get a conviction but his legal bills will drain his bank account and his reputation is toast.

In some ways, that's enough for me although i'm sure his victims want more.

No, he hasn't blown a lot of his money and it would take a helluva lot more than a few legal bills to drain his bank account.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, he is currently worth $400 million.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/bill-cosby-net-worth/

Bo-4
12-31-2015, 09:54 AM
No, he hasn't blown a lot of his money and it would take a helluva lot more than a few legal bills to drain his bank account.

According to Celebrity Net Worth, he is currently worth $400 million.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/bill-cosby-net-worth/

He's got 700 attorneys according to Gloria Allred. And he's got civil cases pending.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 09:56 AM
He's got 700 attorneys according to Gloria Allred. And he's got civil cases pending.

Civil cases are his real concern. The burden of proof is much lower. He should have much of his assets tied up in judgment proof trusts- if he thought ahead.

JDubya
12-31-2015, 09:59 AM

I wouldn't believe a word Gloria Allred says.

Bo-4
12-31-2015, 10:23 AM
Civil cases are his real concern. The burden of proof is much lower. He should have much of his assets tied up in judgment proof trusts- if he thought ahead.

Can you do that? Hmmm, well they could take his homes and property.

He's got mansions in PA and MA .. here's the bungalow in LA.

https://www.starmap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bill-Cosby.jpg

Common
12-31-2015, 10:26 AM
Cosby wont do one day in prison, these women waited way to many years to raise these issues. I believe them, I believe most of the women are telling the truth but why wait in some cases over 30 yrs ? The statute of limitations is over.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Can you do that? Hmmm, well they could take his homes and property.

He's got mansions in PA and MA .. here's the bungalow in LA.

https://www.starmap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Bill-Cosby.jpg

Yes, certain trusts are not able to be touched by court judgments. I am not sure what can be done with property. I expect if you had a large family (extended) say 24, you can make each one of the 24 own 1/24th of the property, so any one person's interest is essentially of no value to someone outside of the family. The Kennedy's do this with their compound.

JDubya
12-31-2015, 01:04 PM
It's extremely difficult to take a home that is a primary residence away from someone in a lawsuit. Some states moreso than others. You literally have to murder someone in most cases to take their home away from them.

As in the OJ Simpson case.

Mister D
12-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Did you HAVE to bring that up?

I hadn't even thought about what i was missing. Now i WANT one! :(

http://www.culinarylore.com/food-history:what-happened-to-jello-pudding-pops

In 2004, the Jell-O name was licensed to Popsicle, the same people who make the inferior Fudgsicles, and they began marketing Popsicle brand Jell-O pudding pops. The formula wasn't exactly the same. The texture was different and they were made in a Popsicle shape instead of in a Fudgesicle shape. The sales weren't nearly as good and they never really reached the levels of the original. They did hang around for a while, but at some point, beginning around 2011, they started disappearing again, having been pulled from the market with no explanation that I have been able to find.

They were delicious. I used to eat them by the box as a kid.