PDA

View Full Version : tPF Obama Regulation To Give Work-Permits To Foreign College-Graduates

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Obama Regulation To Give Work-Permits To Foreign College-Graduates (http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/12/30/obamas-agency-reveals-plan-give-work-permits-myriad-foreign-college-graduates/)
I always thought it didn't make much sense to let foreign students in to benefit from the best universities in the world only to kick them out after they graduated. Especially engineers and scientists.

Anyway the article takes a different view of this new EO.

Tahuyaman
12-31-2015, 07:12 PM
Obama Regulation To Give Work-Permits To Foreign College-Graduates (http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/12/30/obamas-agency-reveals-plan-give-work-permits-myriad-foreign-college-graduates/)

I always thought it didn't make much sense to let foreign students in to benefit from the best universities in the world only to kick them out after they graduated. Especially engineers and scientists.

I have no problem with this in theory. That being said, if any organization can let this go FUBAR and have it backfire on them it's the US government.

if congressional authorization is required by law, he should go to them and try to exercise some leadership. Do it the right way. No more of this playing King stuff.

Common
12-31-2015, 07:17 PM
Obama has done nothing for the middleclass in america, he worries about everyone else including illegal immigrants and refugees and anyone else he can bring into the country.

AMERICANS are struggling to find jobs and he wants to import more and more. I cant wait till hes gone, I supported him for the first 5 yrs now it is quite evident what he is about. America needs a new direction

Tahuyaman
12-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Obama has done nothing for the middleclass in america, he worries about everyone else including illegal immigrants and refugees and anyone else he can bring into the country.

AMERICANS are struggling to find jobs and he wants to import more and more. I cant wait till hes gone, I supported him for the first 5 yrs now it is quite evident what he is about. America needs a new direction

With the right economic and tax policies in place there will be enough jobs for everyone.

Common
12-31-2015, 07:24 PM
With the right economic and tax policies in place there will be enough jobs for everyone.

No there wont, there will never be enough jobs in the USA again. THe gop will never vote for anything to curb outsourcing and tax dodges.

Tahuyaman
12-31-2015, 07:27 PM
There's the way discussion head south.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 07:47 PM
I have no problem with this in theory. That being said, if any organization can let this go FUBAR and have it backfire on them it's the US government.

if congressional authorization is required by law, he should go to them and try to exercise some leadership. Do it the right way. No more of this playing King stuff.

True about the government screwing it up.

I would have to look at the underlying statute at issue to know if an EO is appropriate or not.

MisterVeritis
12-31-2015, 07:53 PM
No there wont, there will never be enough jobs in the USA again. The GOP will never vote for anything to curb outsourcing and tax dodges.
What makes you think outsourcing is the problem? I agree that tax law is the problem. In my opinion, the big killer is regulations.

donttread
12-31-2015, 08:17 PM

It would be nice if we could gainfully employ our own college grads first

MisterVeritis
12-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Facebook and Google want to pay less for the best.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 08:42 PM

Foreign professionals are not taking jobs away from American professionals. We need more than we can qualify.

MisterVeritis
12-31-2015, 08:57 PM
Foreign professionals are not taking jobs away from American professionals. We need more than we can qualify.
That is not true.

Companies like Google and Facebook, as well as American Express and other financial institutions, bring in foreign talent for a bit more than half of what an American earns. They give big campaign donations to politicians who make it easier to boot or simply fail to hire an American. I have seen it within my circle.

Peter1469
12-31-2015, 09:04 PM
That is not true.

Companies like Google and Facebook, as well as American Express and other financial institutions, bring in foreign talent for a bit more than half of what an American earns. They give big campaign donations to politicians who make it easier to boot or simply fail to hire an American. I have seen it within my circle.

I said professionals. Engineers, scientists, lawyers, doctors. Computer programmers and software developers have always not done as well as the professional classes.

MisterVeritis
12-31-2015, 09:13 PM
I said professionals. Engineers, scientists, lawyers, doctors. Computer programmers and software developers have always not done as well as the professional classes.
My direct experience is with a data scientist. I have indirect knowledge of electrical, mechanical and civil engineers as well.

Mac-7
01-01-2016, 10:06 AM

They can depress wages

Normally if demand exceeds supply the price goes up

But if non partisan anarchist moderates flood the job market with cheap foreign labor that hurts American workers

donttread
01-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Perhaps in very specific, narrow fields, but in general many of our college grads aren't getting hired full time in their field for way too long

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 11:42 AM
They can depress wages

Normally if demand exceeds supply the price goes up

But if non partisan anarchist moderates flood the job market with cheap foreign labor that hurts American workers

Demand doesn't increase supply currently. We need more doctors, engineers and scientists. Not less. Especially primary care doctors. Obamacare (and any future single payer scheme) will fail if we don't solve that.

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Perhaps in very specific, narrow fields, but in general many of our college grads aren't getting hired full time in their field for way too long

I agree. I was careful to not include a broad group of workers.

donttread
01-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Demand doesn't increase supply currently. We need more doctors, engineers and scientists. Not less. Especially primary care doctors. Obamacare (and any future single payer scheme) will fail if we don't solve that.

We have largely created the need for docs , Remember when you only went to the doc when you were sick? Or to the dentist when your tooth hurt?

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 12:18 PM
We have largely created the need for docs , Remember when you only went to the doc when you were sick? Or to the dentist when your tooth hurt?

Right. I don't go unless have actually have an issue. That is why I got PPO insurance.

Mac-7
01-01-2016, 12:51 PM

Obamacare is causing the shortage of doctors

Maybe you can find foreign doctors to work here at less money

But you get what you pay for so don't expect quality

And flooding the job market with foreign engineers will depress wages for Americans

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Obamacare is causing the shortage of doctors

Maybe you can find foreign doctors to work here at less money

But you get what you pay for so don't expect quality

And flooding the job market with foreign engineers will depress wages for Americans

Incorrect on all counts.

And the shortage in primary care doctors pre-date Obamacare. Obamacare makes worse because more people get to see the doc.
And the rest isn't true for docs. It is in the nursing field though.

Mac-7
01-01-2016, 01:57 PM
Incorrect on all counts.

And the shortage in primary care doctors pre-date Obamacare. Obamacare makes worse because more people get to see the doc.
And the rest isn't true for docs. It is in the nursing field though.

Sez you

But without the imported scabs American doctors could charge more for their services and that would make the profession more attractive to American kids

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Sez you

But without the imported scabs American doctors could charge more for their services and that would make the profession more attractive to American kids

Doctors in fields typically not covered by insurance, sure. Like your LASIC and plastic surgeons.

General Practitioners, and most other types of docs that work with insurance companies take the insurance rates or they don't take them.

MisterVeritis
01-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Doctors in fields typically not covered by insurance, sure. Like your LASIC and plastic surgeons.

General Practitioners, and most other types of docs that work with insurance companies take the insurance rates or they don't take them.
Vacation Med. Coming soon to those who want quality health care without the government death panels.

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Vacation Med. Coming soon to those who want quality health care without the government death panels.

Some do it already. I have heard it is cheaper to fly to India for heart surgery to include travel expenses than to do it here. And apparently it is trusted enough that insurance companies are looking at it.