PDA

View Full Version : tPF Congressional Republicans Acted More Like Democrats In 2015

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 07:51 PM
The GOP representatives sent to Washington to oppose the Democrats acted more like Democrats (http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/123015-787490-republicans-disappointed-small-government-supporters-with-budget-busting-spending-bill.htm) in 2015. Investors Business Daily asks what many of us are asking: why does the GOP ignore their mandates when they get to Washington?

Atumultuous year for the Republican-led Congress has come to an end. If you were a supporter of the GOP establishment's shallow goal to show the country that it could "govern" by passing bloated spending bills, congratulations. If you're a special interest, congratulations are probably in order for you as well.

If, however, you held out hope that the GOP would put up a fight for smaller government, I hope the New Year's Eve Champagne helps with the disappointment.

Let's get something straight: It wasn't a tumultuous year for the Republican Congress because of the Democratic opposition.

No, the source of the turmoil was intraparty, and it occurred because a small, stubborn group of more fiscally prudent Republicans refused to quietly acquiesce to the politically expedient motivations of then-House Speaker John Boehner and his allies.Tired of watching the Boehner machine consistently losing battles that it never wanted to fight to begin with, the rebels made life increasingly difficult for the K Street-friendly GOP leadership. It culminated in the collecting of Boehner's scalp in the fall.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/123015-787490-republicans-disappointed-small-government-supporters-with-budget-busting-spending-bill.htm#ixzz3w2mCfdeE
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=dW0sw4iSyr3P7iab7jrHtB&u=IBDinvestors) | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=dW0sw4iSyr3P7iab7jrHtB&u=InvestorsBusinessDaily)

Read the entire article at the links provided.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2016, 08:15 PM
Those Republicans sure talked the conservative talk to get elected.

It just doesn't make any sense. They get elected based on the positions they took while campaigning, then betrayed those positions as soon as the media put any pressure on them at all. Then they wonder why they keep losing more and more of their conservative base.

Peter1469
01-01-2016, 08:36 PM
They end up being controlled by the same people who control the democrats.

Tahuyaman
01-01-2016, 08:57 PM
They end up being controlled by the same people who control the democrats.

I'm not giving them that much credit. I believe they cave in out of some desperate belief that the media will start liking them and report favorably about them if they fall in line with their side of the aisle.

Green Arrow
01-01-2016, 09:00 PM
Sometimes, I really hate being right.

donttread
01-02-2016, 09:09 AM
The GOP representatives sent to Washington to oppose the Democrats acted more like Democrats (http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/123015-787490-republicans-disappointed-small-government-supporters-with-budget-busting-spending-bill.htm) in 2015. Investors Business Daily asks what many of us are asking: why does the GOP ignore their mandates when they get to Washington?

Larry Elder summed it up years ago: "Not a dime's worth of difference" Yet most Americans still believe they are different because they tell different lies

zelmo1234
01-02-2016, 09:14 AM

And the funny part is the Republican's can't understand why Trump is doing so well!

The blame everyone but themselves for the loss of confidence in the GOP

ThaiBoxer
01-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Corporations control the government. We need to get money out of politics. This is why I'm supporting Bernie cuz he's the only one who gets it.

Mister D
01-02-2016, 11:09 AM

You could have been left so count your blessings.

Tahuyaman
01-02-2016, 02:11 PM

And just when was that in this case?

Peter1469
01-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Corporations control the government. We need to get money out of politics. This is why I'm supporting Bernie cuz he's the only one who gets it.

Ron Paul does, and he would help the economy instead of kill it.

Green Arrow
01-02-2016, 02:55 PM

Losing him in Congress was one of the worst things to happen to America since the creation of the Federal Reserve and the birth of Dick Cheney.

ThaiBoxer
01-02-2016, 03:44 PM

He's not running for president and he's kind of nutty

Peter1469
01-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Bernie is nutty too. :wink:

Green Arrow
01-02-2016, 04:50 PM

Not as nutty as the establishment politicians like Obama and Clinton.

donttread
01-03-2016, 10:12 AM

But how would Bernie fund all his plans?

donttread
01-03-2016, 10:13 AM

Nutty, because he believes in the Constitution?

donttread
01-03-2016, 10:14 AM

You are right about the corporations owning the government. I don't think Bernie is that answer though.

Green Arrow
01-03-2016, 11:45 AM
But how would Bernie fund all his plans?

It's really not that complicated. I also saw something that said his plans would actually save $5 trillion, but I haven't been able to verify it yet.

Tahuyaman
01-03-2016, 01:55 PM
I can't figure out why liberals try to argue this silly point that creating more government programs and giving government more power somehow saves money.

ThaiBoxer
01-03-2016, 06:30 PM
I can't figure out why liberals try to argue this silly point that creating more government programs and giving government more power somehow saves money.

Every other western nation has a government run health care system and it's far less expensive than our private Capitalist system.

Tahuyaman
01-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Every other western nation has a government run health care system and it's far less expensive than our private Capitalist system.

So, the government taking on the cost of everyone's health care somehow allows the government to spend less money? Your notion is completely idiotic.

zelmo1234
01-03-2016, 06:48 PM

And yet, when the leaders need medical care? They come to the USA.

And when you consider the taxation, it is not less expensive, there are far more restriction, and less access to care, unless you are rich of course.

I know you are young and I am very proud of you for thinking about politics, but you need to seek the Truth, instead of buying into the talking points of either side of any political party.

Government, historically has been the vessel of control over people. If you control their health, you are no more free that a slave in the cotton fields before the civil war.

Peter1469
01-03-2016, 07:03 PM
They get less treatment too.

ThaiBoxer
01-03-2016, 10:58 PM

Nope, you're wrong.

It is hard to ignore that in 2006, the United States was number 1 in terms of health care spending per capita but ranked 39th for infant mortality, 43rd for adult female mortality, 42nd for adult male mortality, and 36th for life expectancy.3 (http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064#ref3) These facts have fueled a question now being discussed in academic circles, as well as by government and the public: Why do we spend so much to get so little?

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

Peter1469
01-04-2016, 05:55 AM
Nope, you're wrong.

Your blurb doesn't address my point. The US give more treatment, and that may not be good- it certainly often is a waste of money and resources.

Second comparing infant mortality by country is apples to oranges. Go back and use the same definition for born alive and then look at the numbers. The US would be much closer to the top.

The adult mortality rates are likely higher in the US because of our wealth and lifestyle. Most people who die early die of diseases caused by over indulgence in one thing or another.

PolWatch
01-04-2016, 06:49 AM

'The only difference will be more fingers pointing from the other side of the aisle'. (my remark when the great majority change occurred)..... Where are all those people who insisted that it would produce huge changes?

Tahuyaman
01-04-2016, 03:32 PM

I think maybe that's what some people want. Some people want a lower standard of living for all.

What these idiots don't realize that even under a government run system, the very wealthy will develop a way to get the care they want, when they want it.